Frisco Venues Reviews

111 | Frisco, TX

111 Reviews for Frisco Venues

Kristin · Married on 04/05/2013

My daughter had a "perfect" wedding at The Heritage and we couldn't be more pleased. Brenda was very helpful, pleasant and easy to work with. From the beautiful old church to the reception everything worked like clockwork. Every guest told me how much they loved the wedding and the venue. I looked at a lot of places and very happy we chose the right spot. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Frisco Venues's reply:

Kristin, thank you for choosing the Frisco Heritage Center! Jessica and Randy were a beautiful couple and we are glad the wedding and reception was such a success! You really did a beautiful job decorating and making this a memorable event!

Jennifer · Married on 11/24/2014

3.5

I loves this venue-it was perfect for my theme and style. The ladies were easy to work with!

Sent on 01/11/2015

4.2

Frisco Heritage Center is good for a fairly intimate wedding with less than 125 people. We had outside groups on the grounds taking pictures and visiting the venue which was a distraction. They only provide a sign for a Private Event on the 2 buildings. Had to watch who was around as we set up. Otherwise it was good.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Leanne · Married on 11/07/2014

4.2

This was a great venue and the prefect feel for the theme we decorated for. The chapel was a little challenging when it came to the entrance and pictures, aisles were narrow and a center aisles would have been better but we still liked everything. The depot was perfect. We had a small wedding, only 50 maybe 60 people and plenty of room to dance. I was a bit upset that my decoration day changed. We had rehearsal Wednesday and planned to decorate Thursday night but I got word a week prior that they had scheduled a event to take place that Thursday night. It drastically changed my day of plans but everything still came together and it have me and my girls time to relax the night before. I loved the area though, it was gorgeous and I couldn't have picked a better place.

Sent on 11/13/2014

3.5

Frisco Heritage center was a beautiful backdrop for our dsughter's wedding. We enjoyed working with the co-ordinators who were always willing to answer our questions and concerns. The only negative was when we were decorating, they were bringing people through to show the site.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Frisco Venues's reply:

Loved this wedding with the 3 generations of military men present and in uniform!
    We are glad you were happy with the venue and our services. Would like to comment on bringing people thru while decorating. We are booked every weekend, so we sometimes show
    people interested in renting our facilities what the venue looks like while you are decorating.
    We NEVER tour during the actual rental hours for your event.

Joni

Shay · Married on 01/14/2011

Great Venue! Highly recommend

Sent on 05/25/2011

Terra · Married on 07/12/2014

3.0

The venue was beautiful. We received many compliments and overall had a wonderful experience. I was under the impression that since I rented the Depot and Chapel, I received the Crozier house for free to get ready in with my bridesmaids. Two weeks before the wedding I found out I was only allowed in this "bridal suite" to "get ready" from 4-7 (same time the chapel was open). Obviously I had to make alternative plans in order for my bridesmaids and myself to get ready for my big day. Other than that everything was wonderful.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Paige · Married on 12/27/2014

3.8

Things I liked:
    Being able to use whatever vendors we wanted with no fees etc.
    BYOB (HUGE cost saver for the wedding)
    Location, we live in Frisco, and wanted to keep our wedding small and local
    How quickly Joni and Brenda were at responding to all my questions

Things I didn't like so much:
    I felt like I was nicked and dimmed for everything (time mostly). I get that we had it on a "holiday weekend" but nothing else was booked on the entire grounds that day or the day before. I would have expected them to be a little more willing to negotiate rates etc. While it all worked out fine in the end, the process was a little drawn out and upsetting. They also promised a couple things that because of the above conversations and issues, I felt they went out of their way to not provide those to us.

Overall, it was fine for what we needed. If you are looking for something a little less formal, on a tighter budget, this is a nice option, but there are other places around this area that provide equal services for about the same price/less if you shop around some.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Paige and Paul-

You had a wonderful wedding day, thank you for choosing
    the Frisco Heritage Center! We are owned by the City of Frisco
    and therefore cannot negotiate our rates. We are very affordable,
    and proud of the beautiful grounds,buildings and services we are able
    to offer everyone.

Congrats again on your marriage!

Joni McConnell

Sean · Married on 04/11/2014

3.6
      2.0
      3.5

Pros:
    - the venue is beautiful
    - the price is reasonable
    - the setup is good
    - the staff is willing to work to make things right

Cons:
    - Scheduling difficulties and at times unclear communication practices
    - Minor misunderstandings with staff

NOTE: This review started lower, but I revised it upward because of the POC's diligence in making right the things that went wrong with our wedding day. There were some misunderstandings and frustrating communications on the day of the event and prior, but Brenda worked very hard to fix our issues after the wedding was over. Everyone has a bad day, and bad days can happen on big days like wedding days.

My one recommendation to anyone looking at this event would be to stay in VERY close contact about expectations. Brenda is a wonderful woman, but we did have a few misunderstandings along the way that could have been avoided by staying in closer communication and double-checking our information with Brenda's expectations.

However, everything turned out alright, and I still believe that this is a venue that I would recommend. Brenda, as mentioned, is very sweet, and the venue itself is fantastic (get the cafe lights...they're worth the extra cost).

Thank you for your persistence, Brenda.

Sent on 04/23/2014

Frisco Venues's reply:

Thank you Shelly and Sean for your time to write this heartfelt review and talk over your concerns.
    Your wedding was well planned and beautiful!
    Your written vows, song to Shelly as she walked in and dancing exit were so unique. I could see the sparkle in your eyes from the moment i met you both!
    Best Regards, Brenda
  • MICHELLE

MICHELLE · Married on 10/21/2012

3.6
      3.0

The venue is beautiful and worked perfectly with our shabby-chic theme. My only complaint was that the venue is open to the public all day, everyday - including on your wedding day - and this was a little stressful (constantly being interrupted by non-guests). I would suggest that the coordinators try to work around this in the future.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Frisco Venues's reply:

We are so glad you liked the Frisco Heritage Center Michelle and hope your pictures are beautiful! Please share so we can place on Wedding Wire.
    We place "private event" signs on the buildings when they are being used for events. The area is available to the public as wonderful pictures can be captured around the buildings.

1.5
      3.5

Felt rushed at this venue. Was okay that there is a time line but dont rush in the event moments where missed.

Sent on 10/29/2014