26 Reviews for Fringe and Foundation Studio

Multi. Stylists (2)
Textured Styling (1)
Contour Makeup (1)
24 Fringe and Foundation Studio Reviews

Alison did an amazing job! The hair trial was a godsend. Alison was able to take my cryptic comments and adjust the hairstyle to fit my vision perfectly. On the day of the wedding, Alison recruited her co-worker at Salon Lofts to help create the styles for me, my 3 bridesmaids, 3 sister-in-laws, and mother-in-law. All of them were gorgeous and withstood hours of dancing. The services were a bit pricey, but worth it. When I look back at the pictures, I don't think about how much it cost, I just think about how beautiful I felt!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Multi. Stylists

I came to the studio with my mom, mother-in-law, and two bridesmaids the morning of the wedding for hair and make-up. We were able to bring our own snacks and drinks. (They even helped us open the bottle of champagne since none of us knew how!) Everyone in the party was really impressed with the studio, and all the staff were super friendly with everyone.
Everyone looked great, and they were helpful with suggestions for hair and make-up for everyone. I was incredibly impressed with my own hair. I wanted it up, but thought it would be too short (it wasn't even to my shoulders, even after growing it out), but the stylist put it in a full up-do that looked great! Quite a few people were surprised it was my own hair and not extensions.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/24/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup

Allison was super helpful in answering all of my very extensive questions via email. The services are scheduled for upcoming July, and it will be SOO convenient to do the trial at the salon in Westlake and then have the stylists come to the hotel in downtown Cleveland day of. Also, its nice to choose between 3 different kinds of makeup foundation, traditional, contour, and airbrush. Prices are super affordable in all of the comparisons I did. LGBT friendly as well! Will update later with review of actual hair/makeup.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/30/16, 16 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim and her team did a wonderful job with our wedding hair and makeup! It was so nice that they were able to come to our condo and we were able to get ready at home. They were willing to work with us and made everyone look amazing and everyone's hair and makeup lasted through the whole evening!

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

I just recently had three wonderful ladies from Fringe and Foundation do the hair and makeup for my wedding. I absolutely loved them and would recommend them to everyone. Every singe person in my wedding party loved their hair and makeup. They came to my house(which was so convenient) and were very profession and efficient. My hair stayed the whole night and I kept commenting on how good my makeup still looked after some hot outdoor pictures and cake getting shoved in my face( haha). So Glad I went with them for my wedding.

Profile Picture Amber, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Allison is my aunt, she has been doing my hair for formal events since I was in high school, so of course I wanted her to do my hair for my wedding! I came home in July for a trial run of hair and makeup. I gave her my general ideas and a few photos and then set her loose (pretty much how I've always worked with her). It was a good starting point, she took pictures and we reviewed them, talking about what we liked and what we would want to change for the wedding day. It was the first time I had airbrush makeup and she did just what i wanted (a bronze/copper smokey eye) and then recommended where I could get a good lip color for my skin tone (I wanted a bold, vintage red lip). We also went over my ideas for my bridesmaids. The only parameters I had was I wanted their hair up and I wanted them to go with the vintagey style of my hair. Other than that, I gave her free reign on their hair. I got married in Virginia, so she traveled with all her equipment to be there for me. We had a morning wedding, so she set everyone's hair in curlers the night before. She was at my room by 5:30am to get started, she got through my mother-in-law's hair plus 6 updos in 5 hours! Then she whipped through my makeup in record time and made me look flawless (even though I had barely slept that night)! Everyone looked beautiful, as I knew they would in Allison's capable hands. I think she does her best work when she is able to be creative and go organically where the style takes her. My hair ended up being much simpler than my trial run, but we both liked it even better! Listen to her brides, she knows her stuff!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup

I was the maid of honor in my friend's wedding a few months back and she used this salon for the hair and makeup for all of us girls. They came to the hotel and set up shop there. That was very convenient and I really liked that they offered that service. They brought everything they needed and set up quickly and neatly. I liked the two girls that did our hair and makeup (I don't remember their names). The only issue I had was with the work itself. Everyone's hair ended up looking beautiful. We went to take pictures for a few hours before the ceremony. Not one person's hair made it to dinner without at least some part of it falling out first. We were fixing each other's hair before they announced us. I was disappointed with that. Also, when the girl did my makeup, she did my eyebrows REALLY heavy and it looked very strange. The bride had her re-do them several times. It was disappointing that she was not more skilled in makeup. Overall everything was worth the money, but I will be using a different salon for my own wedding day.

Profile Picture Aimee, 8/29/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I did a lot of research before committing to a salon for my hair and makeup - and I am glad I waited and found Fringe and Foundation. Their prices were great (compared to other salons I contacted) and they traveled to our hotel downtown for on-site services, which was a must for me. Kim and two others (can't remember their names, sorry!) performed hair and makeup for me and a few of my bridesmaids. They worked quickly and even got all of us done ahead of schedule! All of my girls seemed happy with their hair/makeup.

I however, was slightly disappointed with mine. My makeup (while beautiful) just did not really look like my trial did. I wish Kim would have requested to see the photos she took from the trial, before starting my makeup. It just wasn't as dark/dramatic as my trial. It did look beautiful though, so no real complaint there.

For my hair, I was pretty disappointed. Not only did the back not look like my trial (it was more knotted at my trial) but my curls and pinning also didn't last. My veil was falling out while we were taking post-ceremony photos. And my curls just did NOT last. Granted it was hot out, but we were only outside for maybe 45 min and my hair ALWAYS holds curl really well when I do it myself, so not sure what the issue was there. I do take partial blame for this, since I did request 'looser' curls - I wish I would have told her after the trial to make them tighter so they would gradually fall to the looser look as the day went on. But still, even the looser curls, I would have expected to hold better, especially in such a short time outdoors. It was just super disappointing to see some of the photos (both professional and otherwise) where my hair just looks limp/tangly/messy rather than curly and beautiful.

Overall, Kim is great - very personable, nice and talented. If I could go back, I would still use F&F, but I would have had her change the way she curled my hair.

Profile Picture Raelyn, 7/27/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing experience at Fringe & Foundation. From someone who loves doing their hair and makeup themselves and is good at it, this is the place to go. It was above and beyond what I expected--these people know their stuff. First of all the salon was clean, bright, relaxing and welcoming. Everyone there is super friendly. Kim did hair and makeup for me, my maid of honor, my mom, and also my flower girl. She did a fantastic job and it was exactly what I wanted. Everyone left looking perfect. We were able to bring in food and drink and just have a relaxing morning before the big day. My makeup looked absolutely perfect. The prices are extremely reasonable. Especially because you get such good service and results. There was no other place that offered such good pricing with such great services. Everyone there said they would be back for their next special event.

Profile Picture Allison, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Just wow! Allison was the best! She did an amazing job with my hair! Everyone made commented on how it looked. They came to our hotel the morning of the wedding and did everyone's hair and makeup. I was so nervous the morning of and Allison was great at helping me to stay calm. Would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture becky , 10/11/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a lot of trouble finding my hair/makeup vendor; I was thrilled to work with Fringe & Foundation for our wedding! They were reasonably priced (in comparison to the other vendors I had looked at) and were willing to travel to our hotel room in downtown Cleveland to provide hair and makeup for me, my mother, and a handful of my bridesmaids. They were very calm, professional, and kind, and they worked quickly and efficiently. I'm very grateful that I found them, and I appreciate the wonderful work they did!

Profile Picture User2923540, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Allison and her staff were excellent. Kudos to Kim for the beautiful job she did with my hair and makeup. It was a good relaxing start to the crazy day ahead!

Profile Picture Clint, 9/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

It was so much fun being able to get ready at home. The girls made everyone look even more beautiful then normal with hair and makeup. Allison was so accommodating to me since I was one indecisive bride. After changing my wedding hairstyle the day of, I was a little concerned since I didn't do a trail run with the new hairstyle. Showed Allison a picture and she nailed it. I have never once been fully satisfied after getting my hair done but thay changed on my wedding day. Thank you girls!!!!!

Profile Picture Jen, 8/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If you are looking for a great salon on your wedding day, there is no better place than Fringe and Foundation . I started my wedding day there with a massage by Zulma, their masseuse, and then my bridal party and I got hair and make-up done. Allison, the owner, is very personable and her team is extremely welcoming and friendly. Their professionalism is superb and years of experience leave you at ease. They allowed us to take over the salon and bring breakfast that morning. All six of my ladies, including the mother of the bride and groom, were extremely pleased with their hair and make-up which was surprising to me. They even convinced my mother to try make-up, which added glow to her natural beauty. She was very pleased. The make-up was high quality and never did we feel rushed. Despite every single one of us crying at the wedding, none needed a make-up retouch, because of the quality of products used at Fringe. Overall, not only is their customer service excellent, not only do they communicate effectively, not only are they experts are up-dos and make-up, but most importantly, they become part of the most important day of your life and ensure that you start it right. I enjoyed the conversations, laughter, and service at Fringe and recommend it to everyone I know. For brides, try them for a hair and make-up trial, you will be convinced you found the right place.

Profile Picture Lumar, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

They are really good at applying fake lashes, lasted all day long!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Allison and the girls did a great job with our hair and makeup! I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User4264377, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Fringe and Foundation Studio truly helped make our wedding a memorable event. The entire staff was such a pleasure to work with and myself and the entire bridal party truly enjoyed working with them. My hair and makeup turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I initially choose Fringe and Foundation Studio because of their extremely reasonable pricing and willingness to travel to the bridal party's location. I can't thank Fringe and Foundation Studio enough for providing such an amazing experience!

Profile Picture Dawn, 5/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law and I all looked a-maz-ing on wedding day. They were super flexible when I decided that I wanted to move my timeline WAY up in order to get pictures in before my ceremony. My only issue was that when I went for my hair trial, there was NOBODY there. I almost left (after driving in from PA) but at the last minute the masseuse came out to my car and let me in. They were at another wedding, but I really should have gotten a call if my apt was going to start an hour late.

Profile Picture Katelin, 10/5/19, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I went to Fringe & Foundation after reading their great reviews on WeddingWire. I went first for a haircut and met with Allison and her team. She did an awesome job (and created a new regular customer who's willing to drive up from Columbus for a haircut!). The team came to our hotel before the wedding to do my and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. They did an outstanding job! I received so many compliments on my hair and my makeup looked fabulous all night! Also, my Mom and I had mani-pedis a few days beforehand with them and they did amazing! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I wanted a team to come to the hotel for myself and bridesmaids. I looked around for awhile to find someone who could do both before finding them. I went to the studio in Westlake for my trial but they came onsite the day of. They arrived on time and ready to work on 9 women. Everyone looked gorgeous and held up all day. We had alot of different hair styles and makeup looks and they did it all perfectly.

Profile Picture Ashley , 10/26/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Fringe and Foundation was a great for our bridal party the day of the wedding. They were accommodating to the bridesmaids who initially only wanted hair and no makeup but were able to accommodate doing their make up without a problem. They allowed us to bring food and beverages and casually enjoy the morning on our gloomy wedding day. Kim was also accommodating by doing another practice run on my hair when I was unsure of my choice.
THanks for all your hard work!!

Profile Picture User3658362, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Fringe and Foundation did a fabulous job of styling my hair for my wedding day. I shared a picture of a hairstyle with Allison that I had found on pinterest. She nailed it!! It was an exact replica! Not only did she style my hair beautifully but also an amazing job on my bridal party. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture elaine, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Allison and her team came to the house to do my bridal party's & my hair and makeup. Everyone's hair and makeup was stunning and lasted all night. I received so many compliments. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User2794110, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Fringe and Foundation was fantastic for my wedding party! They opened early on Friday morning so that we could get manicures and pedicures. They let us bring in our own goodies and snacks and then they had us again on Saturday morning for hair and make-up. It was a perfect location for our westside wedding.

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/11/11, 5 Reviews