Fresh Take Reviews

Fresh Take View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
    Jami P. Getting married on 12/20/2025

Fresh Take Is Our Favorite Band

We absolutely adored working with Fresh Take, both as a planner and having them out at Lakeside at Welch Estate! They rocked it out start to finish and from the MC moments (where they were able to adapt quickly and seamlessly to changes), to the great song selection (I don’t think I stopped moving once the music started), and SUPER quick load out at the end of the night (which is an amazing feat in and of itself). It was an absolute pleasure start to finish and I can’t wait to work with them again soon!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra R. Married on 10/23/2021

Fresh Take is Exceptional

First of all, Anita's voice is beyond words. As a bride, every brief moment I snagged during my ceremony or during our reception to just pause and enjoy was filled with the best music. With every memory made, Fresh Take was there. As crazy as wedding planning can be, working with Daniel in the months before our event were some of the most grounded planning sessions we had. These guys know what they are doing, have such a creative spirit and helped me pull off a great processional. My new husband didn't stand a chance! All tears even before our ring bearer walked. With Dan as our emcee he steered the evening in all the right directions. As a business person, I can safely say, hiring Fresh Take was one of the best purchases I have made in 10 years.
  • Dustin
    Dustin H. Married on 09/18/2021

Fresh Take was great every step of the way!

Band or DJ? It wasn't the first question to come up between me and my then-fiancé, but it was one of the first. I would have been fine with a DJ. My bride, however, spent her graduate school years in Nashville, where live music plays every day of the week. She wouldn't budge, and I'm glad she didn't.
    Fresh Take was such an amazing addition to our wedding. They really were an integral part, and helped keep the energy high all night. The band rocked it musically, but were also flexible with our schedule and getting our guests where they needed to be. Our first interaction with Daniel, the band leader, was via email. We asked if they could learn Lean On Me, a song that was an important closing moment at the summer camp where I met my bride. They enthusiastically agreed. Our next meeting with Daniel was on Zoom, where we just chatted about music. We said we didn't have a ton of song preferences, and that we wanted them to guide the feeling of the night. But we wanted it high energy and the dance floor rocking. He agreed, and then on the day of, the whole band delivered. They even took it upon themselves to learn an additional 80's song when I said that was my favorite.
    One final anecdote I think is worth mentioning. We watched the promo video, and the lead vocalist Anita really impressed both of us. On the night of the wedding, the band was doing slower songs during dinner. I was facing the band and many other guests who had their back to the band. At one point, the band started playing Etta James' "At Last," and I saw a see of faces stop eating and turn their faces as Anita sang the first note. The rocking energy was a blast, and those slow moments were just icing on an already great cake. If you're still shopping around, stop, and book this band!
  • Katherine
    Katherine B. Married on 09/10/2021

This band is extremely talented, energetic, and really puts in the effort to make your night as fun as possible

They were amazing. The tunes went perfectly with the flow of the night. They listened to our suggestions and followed the vibe of the crowd. The lead singer was just awesome. And they were all nice as can be. Daniel was amazing as our emcee and was so careful to make sure the night went just as we wanted it to go. It was so fun to have Fresh Take as our wedding band - they really took the event up several notches and made our reception so much fun. We got tons of compliments from our friends and family! We'd recommend them to anyone who wants a fun wedding.
  • John
    John W. Married on 05/28/2021

Fresh take rocks

Fresh Take FAR AND AWAY EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! Dan and the rest of the band were absolutely phenomenal, communicating regularly with us to plan out our song list, learning our first dance song and playing it beautifully, and BLOWING OUR GUESTS AWAY the entire night at our reception! They had such good energy and stage presence. We opted to add one trumpet and were extremely happy with how much it rounded out the sound and experience. While they sound great on the videos posted to the Fresh Take website, my wife and I cannot tell you HOW MUCH BETTER they were in person. We could not have been happier with their performance! Thank you for an amazing night, we highly recommend Fresh Take!
    Maria C. Married on 05/22/2021

Fresh Take is phenomenal!

We are so so pleased with Fresh Take, their awesome energy and musical talents made our wedding extra special. The have an incredible range of music and play each category so well. Our guests were obsessed with their vibe and on the dance floor the entire night. Working with them was a breeze, they listened to our interests and curated the perfect experience for our wedding. I recommend Fresh Take for any event for which you need a band. Thank you Fresh Take!
  • Megan
    Megan F. Married on 05/08/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Fresh Take was the perfect wedding band in every way! Daniel is outstanding to work with and great with communication. They were very focused on attention to detail and making sure our day was exactly as we dreamed of! This band is beyond talented and can play every type of music! Highly recommend.
  • Katherine
    Katherine G. Married on 03/13/2021

Amazing Experience

The band was absolutely incredible- they were easy to work with, are unbelievably talented, and helped us create different experiences throughout the night.

We received a detailed outline of the music a few weeks before the wedding to help envision the flow from dinner, parent dances, and opening the dance floor which was helpful to ensure the experience matched what we were looking for. I even had a special request (a solo dance to wrap up the night with just my husband and I while the guests were getting sparklers ready) which they accommodated with ease. We had guests who thought some of the songs were recordings because the band was THAT good- everything was actually live.

I cannot recommend them enough, do yourself a favor and hire them for your wedding!
    Nicole W. Married on 10/31/2020

Incredible, Stress-Free, and Fun Band!

Fresh Take was absolutely amazing at our wedding!  We knew early on we wanted a band instead of a standard DJ service, as we hoped people would be dancing all night. Fresh Take exceeded all of our expectations!  We can't think back to a single slow moment at the wedding once they started playing as the dance floor was packed all night long!  They have a great mix of new and classic hits to keep audiences of all ages involved, and know exactly when to play them.  They even took time to learn a new song for us as it is one of our favorites, "Higher Love," which was a big hit with our guests! Working with these guys and specifically Dan was extremely easy and stress-free.  We felt bad that we barely even had the chance to talk to them the night-of, but they took care of everything so seamlessly, including MC'ing the event.  If you want a fun, stress free, and memorable wedding with music for everyone, Fresh Take will exceed your expectations!
  • Kevin
    Kevin E. Married on 07/10/2020

Your search stops here

Fresh Take hit the nail on the head! They were one of the easiest vendors for us to work with. The only upfront work required was a few emails, one fun phone call with Dan, and a little playlisting. The band took it from there and put on a great show. They had the whole place rockin!
    Gina F. Married on 07/10/2020

What a Band! Look No More!

I am a corporate events planner and hire lots of musicians for corporate events however Fresh Take knocked it out of the park for our daughters wedding a few weeks back. The couple custom listed every song they wanted and FT performed! The female vocalist is incredible, their tempo, their rhythm and their delivery and stage presence was simply wonderful! I have kept their information for my upcoming events as really good talent is hard to find. You MORE than get your money's worth with Fresh Take. Make sure to listen to their demos too as that's part of what sold me. Look no more!
    Cheryl W. Married on 05/09/2020

You MUST hire Fresh Take for your wedding!!

I cannot say enough positive things about Fresh Take! Dan was absolutely wonderful to work with. We had to change our wedding date twice because of Covid, but Dan made the process so easy and was so understanding about our situation. Because of the date changes, we no longer had a group to play our ceremony music, but Dan offered Ken on keyboard and it was just was perfect!

For the actual party, they were AMAZING! Every song was the perfect choice. They had everyone on the dance floor all night, including our parents, which had me shocked! They knew when to play newer songs and when to play older songs. Our guests could not stop talking about how good they were, especially Anita on vocals. One guest said they were the best band he'd ever heard, and I would have to agree!

They also helped with little personal touches. They learned our first dance song. They led a trumpet processional to the lobby bar after the party was over. Our guests are still talking about that!

If you're debating between a DJ and live band, go with the live band (specifically Fresh Take)!! It is 100% worth it and makes the evening so much more memorable for you and your family and friends.
    Lisa B. Married on 12/30/2019

Amazing!!!

Fresh Take absolutely made our Welcome Party the best ever. At one point every one of our friends was out on the dance floor dancing!! The music selection was perfect. A good time was had by all.👍😀🎶
  • Luke
    Luke Z. Married on 12/01/2019

Fresh Take Delivers a Show!

I first saw Fresh Take at a gala event....Wow! Over the years I've seen dozens of bands play these events, and weddings in general. This band stood out to me in a big way. As a fellow musician, I am always paying attention to individual musicianship and general stage chemistry. Right away, it's clear these guys are very seasoned musicians. For example, some cover bands shy away from certain songs due to the high level of production the original song versions have in them, or they make them their own version. That's fine, but what's great about this band is that they authenticate every song and their own influences naturally shine through the music during their performance. One minute they're rocking Tom Petty, the next, the subs are thumping with Lady Gaga. If you want a tight band with killer vocals, look no further! Oh yeah, they also have their light show programmed to their live performance. Super cool! To top that off, they're very personable musicians. In between sets, they were talking with event goers. A true sign of professionalism.
  • Laurel
    Laurel A. Married on 10/05/2019

Left guests chanting for ONE MORE SONG!

Fresh Take is the band to book if you want an unforgettable evening of music, dancing, and fun! We still have guests talking about how enjoyable/great our wedding was because of this band!! From the beginning they were extremely professional, easy to work with, personable, and excited to be a part of our big day.

Their energy was infectious and their talent unparalleled with any other wedding band we have seen and we were given this exact feedback by all of our guests. One of the reasons why we picked the band was because of the amazing voice of their lead singer and we were obviously right. All the guests raved about her voice all night and even days after!

Their playlist covers all genres and as the night continued and they had a feel for the energy of the crowd, they were able to keep the party going by selecting the right songs for us and our guests. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire evening singing, dancing, and jumping, even the grandparents! Our legs literally hurt the next day. The energy was so high and the excitement that we all felt from this incredible band literally left the guests chanting for one more song at the end of the night, which they kindly gave us.

We would highly recommend Fresh Take to anyone planning an event that wants an unforgettable evening with seamless transitions, high energy and enthusiasm, and tailored entertainment.

Thank you Fresh Take for making our wedding reception an unforgettable night for us and our guests!!

Nick & Laurel
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer C. Married on 04/27/2019

Incredible Everything!

From talent to musicality, personality, and communication, Fresh Take Band was incredible!! We truly enjoyed working with them on Kelsey & Chris’ Wedding. Not only were they professional, they created an inviting and dance-all-night atmosphere and read the crowd with ease. We can’t wait for the next opportunity to work with Dan and FTB!!

Date: July 10, 2021
  • Ruthie
    Ruthie Married on 10/14/2017

Best night ever! Fresh Take was phenomenal from start to finish!

I cannot say enough great things about Fresh Take. They played at our reception and they definitely made the party! Dan sat down with us a few months before the day and helped us pick out sets. The band even learned a few our favorite songs and they were incredible! Fresh Take worked seamlessly with our vendor and coordinator and made our lives so easy. They are so talented and so much fun! Our day would not have been nearly the same without them. I can't recommend them highly enough!
    Sculptable Married on 03/12/2016