French Creek Golf Club Reviews

French Creek Golf Club 5
French Creek Golf Club 6
French Creek Golf Club 7

Nicole · Married on 12/15/2018

Stunning venue with fantastic event manager

I could not say enough wonderful things about French Creek, Kate, and the whole FCGC Team. Kate runs a tight ship in the best way and allows you to truly let go and enjoy your wedding day from start to finish. We got married in December and the venue was already tastefully decorated for the holidays, which was a huge bonus for us, but honestly, it's such a beautiful space that you really don't need to bring in much additional decor.

We knew we wanted to get married in the newly renovated barn but it was still under construction when we first saw the venue. It was easy to visualize how beautiful it would be but the construction timeline made me nervous to not see the finished product before locking in the venue. Kate was kind enough to keep us updated every step of the way to ensure that it would be done in (plenty!) of time and the ultimate product was even more stunning than imagined. This addition fits in perfectly with the classy yet homey feel of French Creek Golf Club. Although we got married in December, it is clear that the venue would be beautiful in any season and that the barn as their new "rain option" is probably a tie with an outdoor ceremony in my eyes - not a bad situation to be in!

French Creek Golf Club 8
    French Creek Golf Club 14
    French Creek Golf Club 15
  • Laura

Laura Krack · Married on 10/19/2018

Nothing short of perfect!

Shelby and Kate are so amazing and helped make my day perfect!!! Our day was flawless and they took care of everything!!!!! I would recommend French Creek they are all amazing and my day was beyond beautiful!

Laura · Married on 08/04/2018

BEST DAY EVER! No need to think twice about hosting your wedding here! We got married here on August 18 2018. We live in Maryland, about an hour and 20 min away and with no hesitation at all, we KNEW from the moment we stepped foot on the property that this is where we wanted our day to unfold. We, along with our guests, could not say enough nice things about this venue. Every inch is stunning, and hosts SO many beautiful opportunities for breathtaking photos. Not to mention the ladies and all the helpful staff involved in the planning process. Kate and Shelby were literal angels with the most spirited and positive attitudes - SO accommodating. They made EVERYTHING from day one a breeze and went above and beyond expectations. Kate even jumped in and helped bustle my dress before our entry to the reception! The food was amazing, the desserts were amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about our day. I would recommend this venue a million times over to anyone in question.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Laura,
    Thank you so much for the glowing review of your amazing wedding! It was a joy getting to know you both and sharing in your special day. We wish you all the best. Congratulations again!

Maureen · Married on 08/03/2018

Our daughter was married here last weekend and it was a perfect experience. No words can explain the beauty of this venue and the professionalism of the entire staff. They employ a full time gardener and it shows. The gardens, the entry space, every direction was beautiful and well maintained. The expansive views off of the terrace and the cocktail space was picture perfect. You literally have multiple options for wonderful pictures. Kate H., the wedding coordinator is EXTRAORDINARY, very responsive, enthusiastic, accommodating, from our first contact to the event. No question was too much and I wish I could bottle her energy. Her assistant Shelby was wonderful to work with as well. Kate and Shelby were there from when we entered the bridal suite to when we left. They stuck to the timeline and kept everyone updated and informed. Even one of the owners of the club checked in with us to make sure everything was perfect. When the ceremony had to be moved into the newly renovated and beautiful barn due to possible rain, that was an easy transition. The chosen preferred providers were excellent and Kate coordinated with them as well. The food was superb, every guest mentioned how great the food and the servers were. Every server could not have been more helpful, getting special requests, water glasses always filled and even getting me 2 slices of cake so I could try both varieties and I didn't even ask for that. The cocktail space is lovely and they were able to open the full wall of windows onto the terrace. Guests reported very short lines coming in after the ceremony as they provided 3 bars. Literally not one complaint or hiccup and that is almost unheard of. Cannot recommend for your wedding or event any more highly. If you want a 5 star experience, book it asap. It is worth every cent for a remarkable and memorable wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2018

French Creek Golf Club's reply:

We aim for perfection and we're so happy we met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experiences & your daughter's special day with us at French Creek Golf Club. Congratulations once again!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2018

best.day.ever

My husband and I had our July 2018 wedding at French Creek Golf Club. I cannot begin to describe what a magical day it was. If you are looking for a stunning venue with magnificent staff, I highly suggest checking out FCGC. Our friends and family still rave about French Creek, saying it was one of the most beautiful wedding venues they've ever been to.
    From the very beginning, Kate was nothing short of fantastic. There are so many details that go into planning a wedding; so many things I would have never thought of. Trust me ladies, if you want anyone being responsible for your big day, you want Kate and her team. Kate and Shelby are extremely detailed oriented, organized, and responsive. They both were super patient with both my husband and I throughout the entire wedding process. Speaking of process, Kate and Shelby always made sure I was following the recommended timelines as far as when to send out save the dates, invitations, touching base with vendors, etc. The weeks leading up to our wedding, I'm pretty sure I called or emailed Kate 32084037 times. She always eased my mind and kept me calm.
    Our day was unforgettable. The food was delicious, the ballroom was set up just how I envisioned it, and the staff were so attentive and friendly to everyone. Both Kate and Shelby checked in with me throughout the entire evening, asking if Matt or I needed anything.
    From our day-of decision to get married in the newly renovated barn (which is stunning) due to the weather, to the very end of the evening, we cannot say enough about French Creek. We would 1,000 times over choose French Creek!

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2018

French Creek Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding!!! Our guests and even our band couldn’t stop raving about the beautiful property, the food, and the overall venue. Kate and Shelby were such incredible coordinators and helped us get every single detail of the wedding perfect. We are so happy with the way our wedding turned out!!

French Creek Golf Club 16

Kate · Married on 05/11/2018

As soon as we walked into French Creek, we knew it was perfect for us! The venue and the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Kate and her team were flawless. Attentive to all details, responsive to emails and could not have been any better the day of the wedding. She made sure, I as the bride, did not have to deal with any of the monotony of the day and took care of any 'drama' without me having to know about it. I have heard nightmares from friends about the wedding coordinators at their venue, so I was a bit skeptical relying on someone to do a lot of work. You will not be disappointed in FCGC, or the service they provide - Kate is a rockstar! Highly recommended!!!!

Kimberly · Married on 05/05/2018

We fell in love the minute we looked at French creek. The venue is breathtaking. From the ballroom to the pond to the barn.. it is absolutely amazing. We had so many compliments from our guests saying it was the best venue they have been to. Kate and Shelby made the wedding process stress free. It was absolutely the best day of our lives

French Creek Golf Club 17

Rachel · Married on 04/21/2018

French Creek is incredible. You will not regret choosing this as your wedding venue. The location is stunning, the building is current but classy, and the coordinators (Kate & Shelby) are incredible. Everyone (hopefully) enjoys their wedding day, but these ladies take the stress out of the planning process. They make it enjoyable from start to finish. The actual wedding reception was absolutely perfect - great atmosphere and delicious food - which we heard in echo from our nearly 200 guests. Zero regrets and countless memories.

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I got married at French Creek on 10/20/17, and we had the absolute BEST DAY EVER! The quality of wedding we got for the price we paid was superb! I couldn't believe that so much was included in the package for the wedding (hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cake, open bar, table and chair with basic linens, attendants, and so much more)! We even had a personal waitress who would tend to us first before serving others. She would randomly pop by our table and see if we needed anything.
    The wedding event manager position changed hands while we were planning our wedding, but the transition was seamless. Every time I had a question, I could just write a quick email. Sometimes, I would have to write a second email, but it was understandable since she was getting so many from so many brides I'm sure. I was definitely one. I must have written 100 emails!
    The food was excellent, the atmosphere was picturesque, and the accommodations were lovely. I cannot recommend French Creek enough. So many guests have told us that it was the nicest wedding they've ever been too! I tend to agree!

Hannah · Married on 08/19/2017

French Creek is absolutely amazing - the staff is phenomenal, the venue is gorgeous, and the food is top notch. I really don't know where to start, but in short, Kate & Mindy made our wedding dreams come true. They were accommodating with ALL of our requests, from the smallest detail - like making sure my 95 year old grandmother got a gigantic bowl of ice cream to go with her dinner (because she was leaving early), to the major wishes - like honoring our request to do a "stations" style buffet dinner with an almost custom menu. Kate was super responsive to all of my thousands of emails, and she was a great day-of coordinator as well. When it comes to value, we were truly lucky to find French Creek when we did, shortly after major renovations to the event spaces, because this place is/will be definitely in high demand from here on out.

My last note is this - I was sure of one thing when we started looking for reception spaces - I did not want to get married at a golf club. Golf isn't my thing, and I didn't want to get married steps away from an 18th hole. This place, as a golf club, was my last choice, until I saw it. The club building has all the charm of a home featured on "Fixer Upper," with a gorgeous pond and barn surrounding the ceremony space. The golf is completely separated from the wedding venue side of the club, and it truly feels like the cozy, modern farmhouse you wish you grew up in with the space to hold a fantastic party for your friends and family.

Thank you French Creek! We had the best day of our lives thanks to you!

Sent on 09/02/2017

French Creek Golf Club's reply:

Thanks for the love Hannah! You and Erik are a beautiful couple and so much fun to work with. We loved your Moscow Mule wedding favors and all your other special touches. Wishing you all the best!

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2017

Loved loved loved it. Absolutely perfect and everyone was so helpful. I could not have done it without Kate helping me out the day off.

Rebecca · Married on 05/13/2017

It's been a few months since my May wedding and I still don't have the words to describe how perfect French Creek was. We still hear compliments about our perfect day. There are few venues in this area that have both gorgeous grounds and a modern/ ballroom. We were lucky enough to have pouring rain the entire day of our wedding, but French Creek is so pretty, we didn't even mind. They decorated the ballroom to create the perfect ceremony space, it was unbelievable. Kate was the best wedding coordinator I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, from pre-wedding planning to keeping our parents and bridal party in line throughout the big day, she didn't skip a beat! I can't say enough about the venue but I need to pause for a moment and discuss the food...the cocktail hour was beyond and the dinner was fantastic. My parents are very tough critics and they still RAVE about the filet and crab cake. French Creek takes the cake for an understated, elegant, luxurious venue that is also reasonably priced. Can you tell I'm in love?

Sarah · Married on 11/19/2016

My husband and I had our reception at French Creek and loved it! French Creek is the definition of simple elegance, and that was the feel I was looking for! Janet, the wedding coordinator, is extremely thorough, efficient and responsive. She even created us a personalized packaged based on our budget. The staff is friendly and professional, and venue and golf course is beautiful and our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to all of their hard work! I would recommend French Creek to any bride looking for a stress-free reception and beautiful location!

Alison · Married on 10/15/2016

We booked French Creek for our wedding reception venue 17 months in advance for our date of 10-15-2016. It was the third venue we saw in person, and I knew immediately that it was the perfect one for us. We had barely gotten home from seeing it when I was ready to call them and officially book our date. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The outdoor patio was quite a selling point for me- it overlooks water which was important for my husband, and I fell in love with the oak tree and spring house. It doesn't hurt that our wedding date landed on a sunny, warm autumn day, but I wasn't concerned with the weather to begin with since the patio is covered and has big sliding glass doors so that our guests would have had terrific views of the scenery regardless of the weather conditions. Due to the natural beauty and character found both inside and outside of this venue, I knew I only wanted to contribute minimal decorations for the reception so that our guests wouldn't be distracted from all of the elegance that French Creek offers. The service provided by the staff and wedding coordinator, Janet Ruben, exceeded our expectations. They enthusiastically accommodated our personal touches and encouraged us to personalize and develop our dream wedding reception. Thank you for making it the best day ever!

Tom · Married on 07/09/2016

Check it out...simply a wonderful venue, outstanding food, and courteous and professional staff. Definitely would not hesitate going back for an event or highly recommending it for one. Please see the email below to Janet at French Creek GC following the event.

Hi Janet. I hope all is going well.

I just wanted to let you know you and your staff did absolutely a wonderful job with Kelsey & Scott's wedding reception. It couldn’t have been run better. Everyone top to bottom delivered fantastic service and provided the utmost care in every aspect we could have hoped for. All the guests raved about the venue and the food (from the hors d’oeuvres to the dinner courses) was just awesome ! Mary Ann and I could have not been happier. Thank you so much for all your efforts and please pass this message on to your staff. Additionally, please forward this to French Creek Club owners, they were so involved. We definitely would have no hesitation recommending French Creek to anyone and would genuinely encourage them to consider the venue for their event.

Thanks again and have a great summer (what’s left of it !),

Tom

Sent on 07/21/2016

French Creek Golf Club's reply:

You did a wonderful job creating a perfect wedding for Kelsey and Scott! Congratulations to all!

Marita · Married on 05/28/2016

The venue is beautiful. Best wedding food I ever had and service was like at a 5 star restaurant. This was perfect for my son and new daughter-in-law. She said it turned out to be the wedding of her dreams.

Erica · Married on 11/07/2015

My husband and I got married at FC on Nov 7. I didnt want a standard country club setting, but we were on a budget that wouldnt allow for a Philly ballroom. French Creek was a perfect medium with elegant features and an affordable price. They recently made upgrades to the property which were completely in line with our vision. We had our cocktail hour on the patio, which was perfect for our guests to mingle under the stars. We had a band who blew the roof off; every waiter/waitress was walking around dancing along to the music. Sharon is wonderful to work with, Mina and Sophia took care of every need on the day of, and "the Joe's" delivered an amazing meal - every guest raved about the food! Overall it was a terrific party and a day I would relive over and over!

• Z

zaina · Married on 09/19/2015

When my husband and I visited FCGC a few years ago I knew immediately this is the place where I wanted us to get married. I can’t even begin to explain how easy and fun planning our wedding was with the staff. Sharon, the event planner was on top of everything we requested and just made our visits so much more comfortable and about us. The golf course alone is breath taking and with the new add features in the ballroom just makes this place more unique. All my guests complemented on how amazing and perfectly cooked entrees were. I highly recommend French Creek and can’t wait until our next visit.

Jackie Hogan and the crew at French Creek made my wedding completely stress-free and gorgeous. People told me how stressful wedding planning was going to be, and I was so worried. I experienced virtually no stress and it is all due to the employees at French Creek. They are helpful, generous, kind, and willing to meet your needs. They are flexible and are a great group to work with. Our reception and ceremony were both there, and the grounds were beautiful. Our pictures turned out great mostly due to the amazing scenery we had. French Creek is a perfectly picturesque place to get married with a top notch staff there to help. DEFINITELY go there!!!

Kelly · Married on 10/11/2014

Oh my gosh-where to start with French Creek Golf Club. We had our wedding reception at French Creek, an amazing venue! First of all, the location is beautiful. The ballroom is equally as beautiful! Jackie Hogan and her staff were wonderful to work with. I was so impressed with their attention to detail. I dropped off so many boxes of items for the reception. Jackie took the time to look thru everything with me. I appreciated the tjme she took to make sure all was set up as I had planned. She made this bride feel as relaxed as possible:). The champagne greeting was a wonderful start to our night. The coffee station to go was so nice to offer our guests! And the food- wow! It was so incredible! The service was top notch! My guests could not stop talking about the food! A big Thank you for helping to create the time of our life! I highly recommend French Creek Golf Club as a wedding venue! You will not be disappointed!

Holly · Married on 09/19/2014

French Creek was absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony outside followed by cocktail hour with the reception in the ballroom. We received so many complements from our guests about how unique and picturesque the venue was. The staff was all so friendly and helpful, especially Jackie, the wedding coordinator. Whenever I had a question she was always there to put my mind at ease. The day of our wedding I didn’t have to worry about a thing as everything was set up and ready for us.
    I would absolutely recommend French Creek and I couldn’t be happier with how magical and memorable our wedding day was!

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2014

I don't know where to begin....everything was WONDERFUL!!!! Jackie was fabulous to work with...the whole staff was super !! Everything from the beginning of the planning stage of our wedding to the end of the evening when we left was nothing short of excellent. The wait staff during the wedding reception was very professional. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole event. Thank you to everyone involved from the beginning planning stages to the end of the reception!!

The staff at French creek were very accommodating, professional, and very experience in planing our wedding reception. It was a one stop shop as we didn't have to go and find our own cake baker and florist, as it was included in our packaged. Stress free.

April · Married on 08/22/2014

French Creek Golf Club is a stunning venue! Everything about it is romantic and elegant. My husband and I looked at many venues before we found French Creek. We thought we were going to have to "settle" for something we thought was "okay" but French Creek surpassed all of our expectations! The staff here are all extremely helpful, accommodating, and professional. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect and my husband and I could not be any happier. The wedding coordinator Jackie, was beyond fabulous to work with. She is absolute joy to be around!! Jackie is a phenomenal person both professionally and personally. She went above and beyond to make sure I was a happy bride and accommodated all of our creative ideas and visions for our wedding. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was, and how beautiful the venue was! French Creek was a dream come true and they will have a special place in our hearts for the rest of our lives!!