Fox In The Woods Catering Reviews

34 Reviews for Fox In The Woods Catering

• Acacia

Acacia Audell · Getting married on 05/30/2020

Everything from scratch?!

Tina has been so kind through you this process, with my millions of questions and ideas. Thank you for putting up with me and my brunch wedding. I can’t wait to try your waffles!!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Dodson-Hamilton · Married on 06/16/2019

Best Wedding Food Ever

Tina from Fox in the Woods Catering was a gem. Truly, she guided us to pick food that our guests absolutely loved. We had a cheese display, hummus & pita, bruschetta, strawberry salad, parmesan potatoes, roasted veggies, a tri tip carving station, and pesto pasta. Truly everything was fantastic, every guest we spoke to said it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. Additionally, we had a member of Tina's staff (Nicki) following us around to bring us food and drinks as we were taking photos after the ceremony, which was much appreciated. Thank you Tina for the WONDERFUL meal.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Paula · Married on 09/08/2017

It is hard to express in words would wonderful Fox in the Woods Caterer is. From the incredible tasting homemade food to the genuinely loving staff. They made my daughters wedding even that much more special. Many guests remarked how wonderful the food was, from the smoked tri-tip to the bruschetta.....everything was absolutely delicious. The smiles on her staff as they were serving us even made the food taste better (sprinkled with love!!) I would totally recommend using Fox in the Woods for any event you are having.......you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Terry · Married on 09/08/2017

Tina Fox is by far the best caterer towork with! So many details that she would take care of without us having to think about them. Her and her crew made a great wedding even better with their professionalism and awesome food for our guests. She made it so elegant and tasty that our guests are still raving about the party at our daughters wedding. Look no further, she was the absolute best!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

My wedding was in September and Tina and her team was incredible! Everything was so tasty and perfect. I think about every one commented on how amazing the food was. She even made me a special plate since I do not eat meat and we decided to not choose a vegetarian option for our buffet. Tina and her staff are so sweet and really do an AMAZING job. Just made our special day that much more perfect!

Sent on 12/13/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2017

Tina, her family, and team are all WONDERFUL! Her food at our wedding was delicious and I received nothing but compliments on the quality and taste of the food. Everyone loved the stations. We were given separate to-go containers to eat later, as well as all the leftovers. My family enjoyed going over to her home to sample our menu. Tina is so sweet and professional. Definitely glad I chose her for my caterer!

Sent on 07/02/2017

James · Married on 11/10/2016

Re: Tina Fox, Fox In The Woods Catering

Tina was so warm and caring. We were welcomed into her home kitchen for our initial tasting/planning. The experience was beyond compare, and both delightful and cozy. (It was like having Sunday dinner with family!) Tina was upfront with pricing, and very flexible and creative in the planning of the menu. She allowed for changes and substitutions, waived corkage fees, and was accommodating to individual dietary needs.
    On site her team was very professional and engaging. The portions were very generous. We found the preparation of special “take away” meals for the wedding party to be a very nice touch. Our menu consisted of the autumn bacon wrapped chicken in parmesan cream sauce, twice baked potatoes, and tri-tip sliders. It was all so hearty, beautiful, and delicious!!!!

James and Justin Howald
    Wed at Pine Rose Cabins on 11.10.16

Sent on 12/09/2016

Deena · Married on 09/10/2016

The food and service was incredible. We booked Fox in the Woods for a rehearsal dinner hosted at Pine Rose Cabins, Twin Peaks CA. The menu selection was easy. Payment process was simple. The food was soooo amazing!!! The Ribs melted off the bone... mouth watering. The staff I would rate 5 stars!!! They are so nice and professional all in one. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is - in planning a wedding/rehearsal dinner, stress levels are high to get everything done on time and right. Everything went so smoothly with Fox in the Woods. We were able to relax and enjoy the evening. Everyone at the event raved about the food, and how pleasant the staff was. I would highly recommend using them!!! And if ever the opportunity, I WILL use their services again.
    Tina - Your team is awesome! The food sooo good! Thank you for a memorable evening!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Fox In The Woods Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Deena for the kind review! It was a pleasure working with you.

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

Our daughter got married at Pine Rose and chose Fox in the Woods Catering and boy did we make the right choice! Tina and her staff are incredible and the food was amazing. We have had many, many people comment on how delicious the food was and I have to say, it was some of the best catered food (or any food for that matter) that we have had! We had comfort food; smoked tri-tip with 2 BBQ sauces, stuffed chicken breast with parmesan sauce, mac and cheese, twice baked potatoes, grilled veggies and pear salad. There was more than enough food for everyone! All off us agree that we highly recommend Fox in the Woods!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

Tina catered my wedding at Pine Rose Cabins and even accommodated a rehearsal dinner the night before. The food is amazing! Unlike normal wedding food. All homemade down to the salad dressing. Tina herself had us taste test the menu in her own kitchen. I cant say enough how happy we were with the service, the people, and Tina. Love love love!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Sonia · Married on 07/02/2016

The most amazing food ever and the people who own it are truly beautiful inside and out.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2016

Tina and her staff were amazing! She invited us into her home for our initial tasting. I made a couple different seasoning requests, and she happily made the adjustments for our wedding day. We also had Tina cater our rehearsal dinner, which was equally delicious!

For our rehearsal dinner, we had:
    Appetizer: Fruit and Marshmallow dip
    Entrees: BBQ Chicken and BBQ Bratwurst
    Sides: Potato Salad, and Baked Beans
    Salad: Green Salad

For our wedding, we had:
    Appetizers: Spinach Artichoke Dip (seriously amazing, she even provided us with a bunch of different kinds of crackers and bread) and Salami Skewers
    Entrees: Teriyaki Chicken (not your typical teriyaki sauce, so much more delicious!) and Tri Tip (with a carving station)
    Sides: Parmesan Roasted Potatoes (seriously yum!) and herb roasted green beans! (equally delicious)
    Salads: Green Salad and Champagne Pear Salad (OMG I cannot begin to describe to you how good this was! It was both my and my husband's favorite out of all of our choices)
    Drinks: Water with Watermelon Hearts, Tropical Iced Tea, and Lemonade

Even though our food was served buffet style, the bride and groom got a server who brought us whatever we needed! They make all of the food on site, so it's fresh! We loved that it was a mom and pop company and our food was not mass produced ahead of time along with 5 other weddings. We had so many compliments on our food from our guests, and they even boxed up all of the leftovers for us. They even sent to go boxes for my husband and I to our suite the night of to make sure we actually ate (the bride and groom never get to eat lol). We ate once we got to our room, so it was seriously appreciated! They really thought of everything!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Bari · Married on 06/04/2016

Tina and her company catered our wedding at Pine Rose Cabins this year. All of our guests, including multiple picky eaters, raved about Tina's food. The food was comfort food- so tasty and so homey, just perfect for what we were going for! We were a bit nervous because we opted for a couple dishes that were unavailable to try at our tasting, but they were stand outs! One of our older guests said the turkey and stuffing was the best they had ever had in their life! Tina was a crowd pleaser, professional, and a delight to work with. When she had to reschedule our initial tasting, Tina offered us a free appetizer to make up for it, which was very kind of her to do. Also, as a bonus- my husband and I and several of our friends lived off of the leftovers from the wedding for a month- everything froze incredibly well. We highly recommend Tina!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Fox In The Woods Catering's reply:

Dear Bari & Ari, it was such a pleasure working with you and making sure your food was delicious. I loved you both and your guests were so wonderful. Thank you again, Tina Fox

JoAnna · Married on 04/30/2016

Tina and her family were the best decision we made when selecting a catering service for our wedding. Not only was the food delicious but you could tell they loved doing it. Everyone at my wedding kept telling me how good the food was and how friendly the catering staff was. They definitely made my dreams come true :) I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a family run business who puts their heart and soul into their dinner. This is quality you can taste.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/10/2016

Our experience was beyond amazing! My husband and I used Fox in the Woods Catering for our wedding at Pine Rose Cabins in April. We wanted a completely vegan meal for our wedding and Tina was very accommodating. She made a truly amazing meal for us to share with our family on our wedding night! Thank you so much Tina and Staff!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2015

Tina and Fox In The Woods were amazing! Tina was a joy to work with, and the food was to die for! My guests are all still raving about how good the food was, and the service was above and beyond anything we could have dreamed. Tina was very organized and responsive, not only did she include everything we planned, she added last minute special accommodations for a couple of vegetarian guests we hadn't planned on! A server made sure my husband and I actually got to eat, we had leftovers in the fridge at the end of the night - with special 'Bride' and Groom' containers set aside! Everything exceeded our expectations - we couldn't be happier with this vendor :)

Sent on 08/19/2015

James · Married on 08/01/2015

We got married on August 1st, 2015 at Pine Rose Cabins. Fox in the Woods was one of the venders that the venue offered in their package.

Our menu:
    Appetizers: Spinach Artichoke dip & Bruschetta
    Salad: Raspberry Salad
    Entrée: Chicken Picatta, Smoked Tri Tip Roast, and Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
    Sides: Rice Pilaf, Roasted Vegetables, Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Parmesan cheese.

I could not have been happier with Tina and her staff. Every person working with her was kind, happy, and so good at what they do! When we say the staff before the wedding, there were an endless number of congratulations, hugs, and handshakes. It was so great to know they were supporting us not only for our dinner, but also in our marriage! A personal waiter waited my husband and me on the whole night. She was great! She even personalized our plates based on our preferences (I don’t eat meat) and made us to go boxes so we could have leftovers in our cabin.

For our tasting, we did something out of the ordinary. We were a part of a large tasting. This was because Tina had had some medical things going on, and needed to do multiple tastings at once. Usually, she does a tasting in her home. I think the pros of the large tasting were that we had the opportunity to taste things off the menu we would not have originally tasted. The down side was that we were not able to taste exactly what we wanted to serve at our wedding.

Despite our different tasting, the food was AMAZING! We chose some of the things that we tasted at our tasting, and some of the things we hadn’t tasted. Everything at the tasting was amazing, so we had full confidence that Fox in the Woods would bring the best… and they did just that! Our guests would not stop raving about how wonderful everything was. We even had leftovers waiting for all of our wedding party after the long night of dancing.

I highly recommend Fox in the Woods. They are AMAZING!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Allison · Married on 07/10/2015

Tina and her staff recently catered our wedding and we highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing caterer. Leading up to our wedding Tina had us into her home to sample various choices and we were immediately in love with her food! Everything was full of flavor and had that home-cooked taste. She also graciously accommodated some modifications for our guests who had allergies. During and after the wedding our guests raved about the food! We were told several times that our wedding was the only wedding people had attended where they had second helpings. We also had a ton of leftovers that we were happy to keep eating! Tina also ensured that my husband and I had a special “bride and groom” box of leftovers for us to eat that evening. Not only is Tina’s food delicious, but she is a genuinely sweet and caring person who sincerely wants to help make your event special.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Katarina · Married on 06/21/2015

Tina and her team were our caterers for our wedding at Pine Rose on 6/21/15. She was so incredibly lovely - we had a tasting at her house two days before Christmas, since we were planning from out of town and it was the only time that worked for us. She was so sweet, allowing us in her home with relatives visiting! The food was absolutely delicious, and everyone was really pleased with what they ate!

The groom and I had a special server just for our table, so when we arrived the appetizers were already waiting! Our food came in courses, personalized to our allergy needs (no nuts for me, no mushrooms for him). Everyone was amazed that we actually got a chance to eat!

The only slightly negative thing we heard was that the servers for the passed appetizers tended to go only in a few areas, instead of making their way through the crowd. That being said, everyone did have plenty to eat!

We had lots of leftovers, so we were able to donate them to a homeless shelter through our church, which made us feel better about the general excess surrounding a wedding.

I would recommend Fox in the Woods completely!

Sent on 08/05/2015
  • Sadi

Sadi · Married on 03/07/2015

My husband and I got married at the Lake Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins this march. We are both in the wedding industry and know ALOT of caterers, but none even hold a candle to Tina and her team. Not only was the food amazing, hot fresh and home cooked tasting, but their staff and customer service was fantastic. We got nothing but glowing reviews of the dinner served from all our guests, and we had left overs which we ate for a week they were so good. We loved everything from this amazing company!

Sent on 04/22/2015

Denise · Married on 10/19/2014

Awesome food, outstanding service. This was by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/05/2014

Tina and her team were amazing! The food was SO delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Everything was so put together, timely and professional. All of my guests complimented the food and kept going back for more! Tina and Nicki were so sweet and a joy to be around. As the Bride, on your wedding day it's hard to find a time to eat, but Tina and Nicki made sure me and my new husband had food and even brought us appetizers and drinks while we were taking pictures! How wonderful is that?! We are so thankful to have had Fox in the woods cater our wedding! It truly felt like they were apart of the family and took great care of us and our guests. Thank you Tina, Nicki and the rest of the Fox in the woods catering team!!! We are so grateful! Xoxo
    Danielle and Stephen
    10/5/14 Wedding

Sent on 10/20/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/09/2014

Tina from Fox in the Woods Catering is the BEST! We worked with her on the menu for our wedding at Pine Rose and our guests raved that it was the best food they've ever eaten at a wedding.

Tina accommodated us for a tasting at her home the day before Thanksgiving (even though her family was counting on her for a big, yummy dinner the next day!) and we were immediately struck by her warmth. You can honestly taste the love in her food - as if it were prepared by a dear relative. From the tri tip to the pear salad to the stuffed mushrooms, her dishes are absolutely delicious.

Not only does Tina prepare a wonderful meal, but she also bent over backward to accommodate numerous special requests that we had from serving dishes to uniforms. I don't know how she kept track of it all, but she didn't miss a beat.

Thank you, Tina, for making our day so special!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Tina and her catering staff were incredible. We couldn't have been more pleased. From the very first meeting up until the wedding, Tina was on top of every detail. She was great in her communication and very was helpful in menu selections. Every detail was thought of, down to the special service provided just for bride and groom. The food was exceptional - in presentation and in taste. I cannot say enough good things about Fox in the Woods catering.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Mia · Married on 07/04/2014

We had our wedding at Arrowhead Pine Rose Cabins and were lucky enough to have Tina cater out event and make all of our delicious food! We chose to do the tri-tip, stuffed chicken, mac&cheese, and baked beans (everything is made from scratch btw...)My husband and I were blown away at our tasting by how good everything was! The day of our wedding she definetly delivered as well. She has a special caterer for the bride and groom as well as any guests that need special assistance (his grandmother uses a walker/wheelchair) that make you feel even more special on your wedding day! People are still raving about the food from the wedding! Choose Tina and her wonderful staff for your catering needs...you will be happy you did!

Sent on 07/21/2014