Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center Reviews

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 6
Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 7
  • JODIE

JODIE · Married on 05/26/2019

An amazing wedding experience!

My daughter was married at the Summerhouse @ Fox Hills. It was an absolutly perfect day! The location of the ceremony was just beautiful, with the water feature in the background gave it that something extra. Rebecca and staff were wonderful to work with and one of the things that I really liked was no ridiculous, stuffy rules. They allowed you to bring your wedding dreams to life! I would describe the Summerhouse as "backyard party meets upscale wedding" It was just perfect. Having many children at the wedding, it was a wonderful place/space for them to run around and let out some energy, allowing the adults to have fun on the dance floor. We brought 2 corn hole games and with the outdoor hightop tables, it was perfect for guests to use and put their drinks on. Ultimately, the weather is the star here, and you are taking a chance on beautiful weather. They do have things in place incase the weather is not good, but when it is, it is just perfect. Fox Hills makes everything so easy with an all inclusive package. They were wonderful at answering my many, many questions and always got back to me in a timely manner. We had a last minute issue with a beehive in the rafters, the day of the wedding and they immediately took care of it. They provided us with ladders for decor, cold water as we were getting ready and were there for any issue or help we needed. I got many compliments on the food, drinks and location. Many people said it was the most fun they have had at a wedding in a long time or ever! Wow! I would highly recommend Fox Hills!

Sent on 06/15/2019
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 8
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 9
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 10
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 11

Brenda · Married on 08/18/2018

Had my daughter’s Bridal Shower at Fox Classic May 2018. They made the experience a true delight!!!! Staff was awesome to work with!! The food was excellent!!!! They made a wonderful memory for my daughter and me!!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Alecia · Married on 07/27/2018

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! We had our July 2018 ceremony and reception at Fox Hills Summerhouse and from the beginning to the end everything was perfect. We had 200 guests and have been complimented over and over again from everyone about how great the venue, food, and staff were saying it was the best wedding people have been too! From when we booked, Rebecca was on top of everything the entire time answering all questions that were asked, and there were a lot! Our food tasting back in February was perfect and we were given a lot of tips for the day of our event. Our day of coordinator Josh was there every step of the way double checking and answering any questions that we had. The wait staff and bartenders were awesome and were on top of their game the entire day! I was that worried bride that thought about everything from will it be too hot, do I need to rent fans? to what if it rains will everything be ruined? Rebecca had an answer for every single question. Fox Hills has a few fans hanging from the ceiling and with the cross breeze that comes through the temperature was perfect. It rained a little during our reception and the staff was quick to put down the sides until the rain subsided. I would 100% recommend Fox Hills to anyone looking to book the most perfect ceremony and reception site with the best food! We wish we could go back and do the entire day over again, we wouldn't have changed a thing!! Thank you to Rebecca, Josh and all of the staff at Fox Hills for making our wedding everything we could dream of and more!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 12
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 13
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 14
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 15

Shawna · Married on 07/06/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center for a wedding venue! We were married at the beautiful gazebo and our reception was in the Golden Fox. The grounds and event space made for gorgeous backdrops for our pictures. Rebecca and her team were wonderful to work with. My husband and I had so much fun at the group tasting, we knew we had made the perfect choice for a ceremony and reception venue! Leading up to the big day, Rebecca was always available via phone and email for questions or concerns. They even accommodated a last minute addition to the guest list! On the day of the wedding, Terry was an absolute life saver! His calm yet funny demeanor was exactly what we needed! Any misstep or small mistake was corrected by him immediately. Even getting the ceremony music corrected! He was so patient with our silly and sometimes unruly bridal party and tried his best to keep us on our schedule! His knowledge and experience truly shined. The food was outstanding. Even when the bridal party was running a bit late for the start of dinner, everything was fantastic. We had so many compliments from our guests! The bartenders, wait staff and kitchen had us full and well “hydrated” throughout the evening! A big thank you to Jay, one of our wonderful bartenders, who went above and beyond by helping set our tables with decorations, ensuring that the MOG got her special wine and that we, the bride and groom never went without a drink in hand. For anyone who is looking for a wedding venue, Fox Hills is the complete package!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 16
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 17
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 18

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding was PERFECT!! We had our reception at the Golden Fox. Rebecca was great through the whole planning process and made everything easy. Terry and all the staff were excellent the day of the reception. We were running a little behind schedule on when we arrived to Fox Hills and Terry made it extremely easy to move things around so they worked for us! Dinner was still hot and very excellent even with us pushing dinner back a half hour. All of the guests raged about how perfect everything was. We are so happy we celebrated our special day at Fox Hills!! We would do it all again if we could. We would 100 percent recommend Fox Hills to anyone!

Sent on 06/29/2018
  • Dayna

Dayna · Married on 12/09/2017

From start to finish to even after EVERYONE at Fox Hills was and is amazing. The food was great, the staff was attentive and super friendly. Highly recommending Fox Hills for any event.

Sent on 02/06/2018
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 19
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 20

Chelsea · Married on 10/20/2017

We could not be happier with how our planning process went and how flawless our wedding was!!! From the first consultation through many back and forth emails, Rebecca and Brooke really knocked it out of the park! They respond to all of your questions in detail and super fast, all of our requests were met without hassle. Ryan was by our side all night helping with every area to ensure the night went flawless and it totally did!!! The grounds were so so beautiful I couldn’t think of a better place to have our ceremony and receiption. Everyone complimented us on the food and the amazing service!! If you want a beautiful, helpful, delicious, convenient, affordable, friendly, place to get married...Fox Hills is your venue! Book it as soon as you get engaged!! Take our word for it!! Thank you fox hills team for making our night unforgettable!!! Xoxo Michael and Chelsea 10/20/2017

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center 21

Chelsea and Michael,
    Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It was truly our pleasure to work with you both. We love being part of such a special day in your lives and we are all thrilled your day was flawless. Cheers to the many happy years to come!!
    Sincerely, Rebecca and the entire Fox Hills team!!

Angela · Married on 09/09/2017

We had a hard time finding the perfect location to have our ceremony and reception at. Just like everyone else you are looking for that perfect venue. Fox Hills was probably our 5th visit. I was loosing hope that we would find the best but Fox Hills was beyond perfect!
    From day one of touring the venue to the very last song at our reception, everything was PERFECT!
    Rebecca is amazing to work with. She's very calm and pleasant. I was extremely nervous when sitting down with her for the final touches and she was calm and guided us in the right direction. She truly knows how to do her job coordinating your wedding and will make sure it's exactly what you want.
    The day of the wedding I met Terry. He was EVERYWHERE! He made sure everything ran smoothly. My husband and I wanted a sunset photo before everyone had the chance to eat. Terry doesn't like to feed the guests until the Bride and Groom had eaten but was willing to bend his rules so we could get our sunset photos. He approached us by name which made you feel like you were important. The bartenders seen you coming and had a drink ready. Other employees came to our head table and made sure we all were taken care of. Everything went perfect because of Terry and his staff!
    We were out on one of the greens taking photos and a guy on a golf cart came up and said, "I have some golfers coming. Would you like me to hold them up so you can finish your photos?" Wow! I was so impressed that we could hold up golfers to finish getting our perfect picture.
    If you are looking for confident, friendly and stress free venue this is it!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Chuck · Married on 08/12/2017

outstanding customer service from the planning process to the bartenders at the reception. everything was top notch.
    beautiful venue!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind review Chuck! We wish you many years of wedding bliss!

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Fox Hills! From our very first appointment when looking at venues, to end of the reception, Fox Hills was our perfect place to get married. We got married on July 22 at the Summerhouse, which gave me the feel of a Michigan outdoor wedding, with a touch of elegance because of the string lights and chandeliers hanging inside of the structure. We had lawn games out, and were able to add flowers and vinery to the pergola that we got married under. Rebecca was absolutely delightful to work with. I am a person who asks a lot of questions and is a super planner, and she was happy to answer all of my questions in a very timely manner at any time. Our tasting for our menu, which was in March, was a great way for us to chat with other couples getting married at the Summerhouse around the same time as us. We got to share ideas, ask each other questions, and there were Fox Hills staff members walking around throughout to give us more information about that venue. The food was AMAZING! We knew it would be because we have been to the Sunday brunch before. The staff made sure that our buffet was fully stocked, they accommodated our guests with allergies or food preferences, and they were overall very attentive to our guests and our head table throughout the entire night. Jim was our Fox Hills manager for the day, and he helped to keep us on schedule and on track for the whole day. He seems very passionate about what he does, and is very detail oriented, which worked out well for me because I am the same way! He even helped us tear down the reception at the end of the night! Our guests raved about the food and overall experience at our wedding, and I owe a lot of that to Fox Hills! We were able to take the golf carts around the golf course for pictures. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the colors really pop in our pictures. Fox Hills Summerhouse surpassed our expectations on the day of and we could not be happier!!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Jennifer, thank you for such a wonderful review! I am so happy that we surpassed your expectations. From all us at Fox Hills, we wish you many years of wedded bliss!!

Madelyn · Married on 05/12/2017

I had my May 12 wedding at Golden Fox and it exceeded my expectations and was perfect. The guests (and my husband and I) were so pleased with everything - the venue and views, the large deck, the FOOD, the staff and service...all five stars. Rebecca was great to work with - especially because I was working with a brewery to get a special beer and Rebecca and her team worked with the Fox Hills distributor to ensure we had the beer. Terry and Nikki were amazing in making sure I had everything I needed and everything was running smoothly. Andrea was awesome behind the bar and Danielle was perfect serving the head table and taking care of my husband and I. Fox Hills is really cool because they have three unique venues. Everyone should be able to find something that fits their wedding vision and receive the same awesome service my guests and me had. Out of all my vendors (who were amazing!) I would recommend Fox Hills the most. You will be very happy celebrating your wedding here.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Christine · Married on 02/24/2017

Our wedding reception was at the Fox Classic and it was perfect. The staff was professional, communicative and extremely helpful from the beginning of the process till the very end!
    Rebecca was our event coordinator and Jim was the event manager. Both of them were competent and accommodating! I felt at ease the entire time because I knew we were in good hands. Highly recommend for weddings or any event!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Kimberly · Married on 02/18/2017

So, we all know this venue is the most beautiful- that's apparent from the moment you see it. But The Fox Classic's biggest asset is not the historically restored cabin, or stone fireplace coupled with views of the golf course or the garden gazebo. No, the biggest asset is the people that work there. We got married on February 18th, 2017 on an unusually warm day. Every single person at Fox Hills that day and every day leading up to the wedding, were truly a joy to work with. Rebecca and the her team helped us dream up and plan a wedding far surpassing anything I could have imagined on my own. Jay was the most amazing and friendly bar tender I have ever met with a memory of an elephant. It seemed he remembered what every guest was drinking. The wait staff were friendly and professional. From our first visit to the final moments of the reception, every single person at Fox Hills was professional, kind, responsive and most importantly, made us somehow feel even more excited about our wedding each time we spoke with them. If you are looking for a rustic venue, know that not only will you be getting a beautiful space, but a worry free wedding day, because you will have a whole team of people working hard to make sure that your wedding day is perfect. Truly cannot say enough good things about these people, this place, and the experience they provide.

Sent on 03/11/2017

The venue was perfect! We had our wedding at the summerhouse on a Friday. The setting was perfect, the flowers were beautiful. Rebecca Ameel was the coordinator and she was great to work with throughout the process, she was very responsive to our questions and went out of her way to accommodate our needs. The staff during the reception was phenomenal, they were all very friendly and did everything they could to make sure the bridal party had what they needed and always had a drink in their hand. The bartender was awesome as well and always had a smile on her face. We had so many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful and unique the venue was. I couldn't be happier with our wedding night and will highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding and THANK YOU for taking the time to write your incredible review. We will surely pass on your fabulous comments to our staff! We wish you only a lifetime of health & happiness!

Alex · Married on 07/09/2016

The entire ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. Everything was where it needed to be, the food was amazing, the bartenders generous and fun, and the late night French fry station still gets commented about among our friends and family for how awesome it is. I'm sure that it is partly to do with the people still hanging around that late were the outgoing partiers... We lucked out on the weather so we got the course at its most gorgeous, with just even clouds to shade us a bit during the ceremony and pictures. I am glad we didn't get any flowers for the pavilion, as the small number of flowers there were just enough without overwhelming the pictures or the space. The staff was on top of the ball and always able to get our opinions on small things or changes coming up in the schedule so nothing came as a surprise. I would recommend the Golden Fox to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you for your very kind review! We are thrilled that you were so pleased with your very special day! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

alyssa · Married on 07/02/2016

We had our ceremony and reception outside at Fox Hill at the Summerhouse and could not have been happier with how perfect the day was! Rebecca, Jim, and all the staff were amazingly helpful throughout the entire planning process, rehearsal, and day of! We had perfect weather for our day, and everything was wonderful from start to finish. All of our guest had a great time and commented how fun the wedding was, how amazing the food was, and how attentive the staff was. The summerhouse gives a different feel to a wedding, getting the outdoor aspect while being covered. I would highly recommend booking here!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you Alyssa for your incredible review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us such high marks! We wish you and yours much happiness and love!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2016

We recently had our ceremony and reception at the golden fox at fox hills and it was AMAZING! I honestly wish I could do it again this weekend, everything was perfect and the staff at fox hills was so attentive. Everyone including the wait staff, cooks, managers, behind the scenes people all the way to Rebecca and Kristina were all so fantastic and easy to work with they really made our day trouble free which allowed us to enjoy everything.The venue was very clean and I loved having a bridal room to relax in before the ceremony. Our guests really had a great time and days later we are still hearing them talk about how phenomal the food and appetizers were, thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Hillary · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding at Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center was everything we were hoping for and more. From the moment we met Rebecca and saw their Fox Classic venue we knew that was the perfect place. As an out of state couple planning a MI wedding Rebecca was helpful throughout the entire process and she was great about answering all of our questions. I really cannot express how impressed we were the day of our wedding. Ryan, Nikki, and all of the staff at Fox Classic were absolutely wonderful. They made sure everything was perfect from before our ceremony began until the reception ended. The food and drinks were amazing and served quickly to all of our guests. Our wedding was flawless and the staff at Fox Hills played a big part in that. We highly recommend them. Thank you Fox Hills!!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We very much appreciate you trusting your most important day with us and can't be happier for you both! Enjoy your marital bliss and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Fox Hills!

Krystal · Married on 10/24/2015

Fox Hills was such a pleasure to work with for our special day!! We booked the Fox Classic venue 18 months in advance and carried a great relationship with the center the entire time. Rebecca Ameel was our social sales coordinator and she was there to answer any and all our questions at all times. The day of the wedding we received numerous compliments on the venue itself, the food, and how great the staff was and no negative feedback. You will not regret choosing to work with Fox Hills, plus they have 2 other great ceremony/reception areas to offer. Thanks Fox Hills!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Marty · Married on 10/02/2015

Beautiful place! The food was great. Rebecca was very easy to work with. Only one suggestion is to have a coordinator onsite For the entire wedding and rehearsal. But, the experience was great, would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Kati · Married on 05/24/2015

We worked with Rebecca Ameel, and she was incredible. Not only were they extremely flexible (we booked in Aug 2013 for our May 2015 wedding) and allowed us to book at the 2014 pricing, but Rebecca patiently answered all of my questions for the 2-year engagement. Planning a wedding from afar isn't easy, and an outdoor wedding is all the more stressful, but Rebecca and Fox Hills were absolutely incredible and I can't thank them enough. The Summerhouse venue was gorgeous, and absolutely what we were looking for. Fox Hills was accommodating in allowing us to store our decorations there the day before so my crew of family and friends could set up without me worrying on the day of! The staff were very attentive, and made sure everything was perfect! We've heard from so many of our friends and family that the space was beautiful, the food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful, and they felt very taken care of, all thanks to Fox Hills.

Sent on 06/23/2015

All I can say about Fox Hills is "WOW"! I could not have asked for a better venue, service and hospitality. Rebecca Ameel is in charge of the wedding planning at Fox Hills and she is absolutely wonderful! She is responsive to emails and calls, she is helpful and does whatever she can to make the bride happy (which can be difficult).

The night of our wedding was amazing! The ceremony space is beautiful, we didn't even need to supply additional decor for the ceremony. The food was delicious and served quickly and hot to all 200 of our guests. I did not hear one complaint! The bartenders were friendly and kept the guests drinks full! I have received so many compliments from my guests about the service and food at Fox Hills.

Fox Hills knows what they are doing when it comes to weddings! From helping the bride plan to making the wedding guests happy!

I highly recommend using them and if I could do it all over again I would!

Sent on 10/09/2014

maria · Married on 07/19/2014

Perfect place if you want a perfect wedding.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/24/2014

We absolutely loved Fox Hills! We booked the outdoor venue, The Summerhouse on the Lake and it was absolutely beautiful. The whole wedding ran so smoothly I could hardly believe it. We worked with Rebecca from the moment we booked it up until the day of. She was amazing. So helpful. Answered every email, every phone call, and every question. She was amazing. At the ceremony, Jim was the lead. He made sure that everything ran like clockwork. The food was timed perfectly. He checked in throughout the night to make sure that we were still happy with things. When I realized that I had forgotten to turn on the LED candles in my centerpieces, Jim took care of it. And even more, when I tore my dress, Jim found safety pins so that one of my bridesmaids could fix it. The food was delicious, the staff was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. A huge thank you to Rebecca, Jim, and Fox Hills!

Sent on 06/10/2014