Formals By Antonio Reviews

26 | Rocky Hill, CT

26 Reviews for Formals By Antonio

26 Formals By Antonio Reviews

Meghan · Married on 07/02/2017

I highly recommend Formals by Antonio. The girls, especially Robin, took the time to show us a lot of different styles for our wedding. We weren’t sure about the color, but they gave us recommendations and advice that truly helped. They worked wonderfully with the groom, groomsmen, and fathers of the bride and groom. We ordered suits and ties, which looked stunning! We are so happy that we shopped with Formals by Antonio! Meghan and Cody Gill

Formals By Antonio 1
    Formals By Antonio 2

The ladies at Formals by Antonio made picking out the groom and party's attire such a breeze! Their attention to detail was apparent and we left the store with a clear vision of what everyone's attire would be. Getting all of the guys fitted was super easy and they were even able to make last minute adjustments the day before the wedding on one of the tuxes. They are great and I would recommend them to anyone looking to rent a Tux/Suit.

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2016

Every person here is extremely helpful and really cares about their customers. We got all of the suits for our wedding 9/2/16 here and Erika really went out of her way to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. They are very accommodating and have a great selection. We can't thank them enough. They truly deserve your business!

Kayleigh · Married on 04/29/2016

Formals by Antonio is where the groom and his bridal party NEED to get their suits/tuxes! Besides the fact that everything in the store is stunning, the staff makes the process of choosing the attire seamless. Their service was truly exceptional. My husband and I debated whether we should rent or purchase our suits and they were able to guide us in the direction that worked best for us. In our case it was to purchase the suits. Erica took the time, to help us choose the perfect color and style. The price was great and the men were still able to rent the remaining pieces from the store. My husband Matthew, along with all 8 groomsmen and fathers looks so handsome! We can not thank you enough for making this process so easy for us! Thank you for making our bridal party so picture perfect! Kayleigh & Matthew Lorch

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2015

Fantastic service and top of the line alterations. I highly recommend them!

Victoria · Married on 09/26/2015

Formals by Antonio did an amazing job in outfitting my husband,bridal party and both fathers. My husband was like many men and not very worried about getting his suit. Fortunately we got to formals by Antonio just in time to be able to purchase suits for the wedding. They were beyond amazing and definitely went the extra mile for us. All the guys commented about how they normally take their jacket off but they didn't that night because the suits were so comfortable. I would definitely recommend formals by Antonio for their great customer service and affordablity. Tony really knows his business and is great at it.

Brittney · Married on 08/01/2015

For my wedding in August, my husband got his tuxedo at Formals by Antonio. They were great about making sure he and his party's tuxedos all fit perfectly, and he also made sure the shirt my husband bought fit him perfectly! They were able to make sure that just from getting the measurements called in, the tuxes fit all of his groomsmen perfectly, and when they didn't, they were able to make some modifications on-site which was important given that none of his groomsmen lived in Connecticut. Even if your party is from out-of-state, Formals by Antonio is a recommended place to get your formal wear from!

Kimberly · Married on 05/30/2015

Dear Formals By Antonio Staff,

What can I say? You guys time and time again stepped up big time to make sure my sizeable group of guys and myself looked fantastic. You stayed open late. You followed up with guys in several different states. You made emergency alterations.

I was so happy to continue to work with you guys. After my cousin Chris’s wedding I knew there was no other place for me. Going forward I hope to have many more occasions to have you guys make me look good. I will continue to bring the beer of course!
    Cheers, Greg and Kim

Amazing service, product and price. Needed a tux on very short notice... (About 4 hours!!!) during very busy prom/wedding weekend...... And they did it!! We walked out in 30 min with a GREAT tux at a reasonable price!! I will go back next time, and will bring all my friends!!!

I've been going to Formals by Antonio since high school for proms and I have always been more than pleased. Used them for my wedding and we have gotten nothing but the best compliments on our tuxes. I highly recommend them for any of your Formal needs. I also bought a suit from there and it is by far the best suit I own. Service is impeccable and friendly

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2014

We just ordered tuxedos for our June wedding and had an awesome experience at Antonio's! We initially went to a chain store for tux rentals but were disappointed with the lack of options, lack of in store stock, pushiness of sales people, and last minute extra charges that were added to our bill. The experience was stressful and we felt like the sales people would say anything to get us to purchase- the guys couldn't even try anything on.

We immediately cancelled our order and went to Antonio's. Antonio's was the exact opposite. From the minute we walked in the staff was friendly and knowledgable. What I liked best about Antonio's was that they keep all of their suits/tuxes in stock so the guys could actually try on the tuxedos before deciding what they wanted. They had a large variety to choose from, including multiple shades of white shirts to match ivory dresses and a variety of price points to match our budget. We were interested in a tux that hadn't yet come in for the spring so they special ordered it in my fiancés size just so he could try it on. The girl we were working with (Erica) had a great style and made excellent recommendations for how to vary the groom from the groomsmen and fathers while still tying everything together- even down to the shoe choice. They made the entire process simple and stress free. Honestly I could not be more pleased with our experience at Antonio's and can't recommend them enough!

Kevin · Married on 06/06/2014

I can't say enough about the crew at Formals by Antonio! They really put the customer first and their tuxes are top notch. My entire wedding party rented tuxes there and we really did look good. I've rented from other places in the past or for friend's weddings and we didn't look nearly this good; I felt like I was wearing a custom tailored suit. Not to mention, the staff really has it together and got my entire party of 6 in and out in a hour while swamped with other weddings and two proms. They also don't require deposit up front which is nice. Don't bother going elsewhere for formal wear, just go to Antonio's. Oh and they also made us pocket squares with extra fabric from the bridesmaid dresses for no cost. Thanks again Formals by Antonio!!!!

P.S. - I never write reviews unless I'm really blown away by great service and I feel the folks at Antonio's deserves all the praise they can get. Keep up the great work!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

dress alterations were absolutely perfect, the seamstresses were professional, talented and kind! wonderful service!!

Deirdre · Married on 05/10/2014

Antonio was a wonder to work with. Even though we didn't have an entire wedding party to dress, and went right in the middle of prom season, he gave us a much attention and time as if we were giving him a ton of business. He really helped find the perfect suit for my husband and fit it to look like a million dollars.

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2013

I could not ask for a better experience when my fiancé and I went to pick out a tux for our wedding today. We walked in (no appointment needed) and were greeted by Tony. He took the time to answer some of my questions and set us up with Erica to help us find the right tux. Not only was Erica friendly and patient with us, she was very knowledgable and helped us find the fit tux for my 6'4" fiancé. They even had options for him to try on, so we could see exactly where the jacket would fall on his tall frame. I am so happy we went in today. Erica even offered for us to bring in my little cousin to have a " pretend fitting" because I had mentioned that he was feeling left out watching his sisters go pick out their dresses with me a few times. Based on today's visit I am already recommending them to my engaged friends. I cannot wait to see all the men dressed in the tuxes we picked. I will let you know how the service goes come our wedding, but so far they have been wonderful! Thanks Tony & Erica!

Jonathan · Married on 11/17/2012

Antonio was MORE than accomodating. We ended up buying 6 suits from him for our wedding. My groomsmen were all shapes and sizes, but they all looked perfect for our special day. Antonio provides us with free rental shoes, ties, vests, cufflinks, shirt (although I ended up buying all of these minus the shirt for my groomsmen). For only about $30 more than renting a tux, all my groomsmen were able to walk away with a beautiful new suit. Antonio made you feel welcome everytime you came in and remembered who you were. He had a wide selection of suits to sort through as well. I have already referred my friend to him, who also used him for suits for his wedding. The service was equally spot on and I'll continue to recommend him and his services!

• W

Wayne · Married on 09/10/2011

Tony runs a fantastic formal shop.

Living outside of CT, I loved how I was able to add my measurements to the website.
    Infact, when I went into the formal shop to pick up the tuxedo, it fit exactly the way I wanted it! No changes needed.

Thank you Tony for doing a great job!

Angela · Married on 08/21/2010

Let me just say Formals by Antonio SAVED our wedding! We originally ordered our tuxes from JT Ghamo. We only went with them because we received 2 free rentals from a bridal expo. We had so many problems with JT Ghamo it was ridiculous, so two days before our wedding, we needed to find a new place, my husband had rented from Antonio's before and had great service so we gave them a call. Now we were expecting to hear "no sorry, we can't help you, it's too late" because our wedding was that weekend, but instead, we they said "come one down, don't stress, we will take care of you and have your tuxes ready today". Our groomsmen and us went down and they were so incredibly busy fitting like 6 other weddings, but they called in the owners wife specially for us, and she fit all 7 guys for us that day. They went to great lengths to help us, and they did it with a smile. Their service was incredible, and they really saved our wedding. If it wasn't for them, we would not have tuxes for the wedding. We are so grateful for all they did for us and the guys all looked smashing!

Maggie · Married on 08/07/2010

My husband's tuxedo was fabulous and so were all the groomsmen as well! We went with the Ralph Lauren ascot and cutaway. Everyone talked about how formal it looked.. It was great! What a professional operation as well. Thank you so much!

Marie · Married on 07/23/2010

Tony is awesome!!! My husband and all of his groomsmen looked perfect!

jessica · Married on 10/22/2009

Amazing Service! I went in there with my husband and just verbally described what i wanted and he ran in the back and showed me everything i had imagined. On top of that , all my groomsmen, my husband, and my dad were so last minute with the fittings and picking up the tuxes, and they still handled them with courtesy and prompt service and great cost! The guys recieved so many complimants too! So handsome!

Melissa · Married on 10/25/2008

These people are AMAZING! A long time family friend offered to do our tuxedos at cost through his business. I was grateful and took him up on the offer but unfortunately this decision turned out to be nothing short of a fiasco. Our wedding was on Saturday and 1/2 the tuxes arrived Wed, the other 1/2 on Thursday. Thursday night I realized all of the tuxedo pants were wrong - we wanted pinstripes and all pants were black. I called my friend in a panic and learned the tuxedos were shipped to CT from a vendor in OH. Not much we could do...so I got on the phone...

At about 7:00 p.m. on Thursday I called Antonio's and started off the conversation like this, "Hi my wedding is in less than 48 hours....I think I know the answer to my question, but I'm gonna ask anyway..." Tony told me to grab all the tuxedos I had and bring them to the store. By 9 p.m. that night Antonio's had us walking out the door with new pants for everyone - dads, brothers-in-law, kids, groomsmen and ushers - a total of 13 pairs, completely hemmed to measurements taken over the phone and every pair fit perfectly! He also outfitted the groom with an entire new tux. We were out the door with smiles and a sense of relief in no time at all - with 13 pairs of pants!

As the groomsmen came into town on Friday (1 day before wedding) we subsequently learned that a few of the original jackets didn't fit - sleeves too short, too tight to button, etc. so Antonio's also fitted those guys for jackets too! Although their store was 45 minutes away from the ceremony location, they even fitted two people for replacement jackets the morning of the wedding.

These guys were amazing! They were measuring, hemming, heasuring again, pressing, and measuring again. As we stood in their store, we used their phones to call everyone to confirm measurements for the pants. All of the pants were perfect but Tony told us to call him if anything didn't fit and he'd make sure it was re-done once the groomsmen arrived. He also told us to call in case we needed last minute jackets.

The great thing is that Antonio's owns all the tuxes so everything is in stock and available. Although we ordered Ralph Lauren Cutaways, what we got from the original vendor was a knock off that looked okay until you compared it to the real deal. What we got from Antonio's was the real deal RL cutaway jackets in black with the pinstriped pants. If it weren't for Antonio's I have no idea what we would have done! Some of the original pants were as much as 4 inches too short, not all of the jackets would have had tails, and 3 of the groomsmen would have been in jackets that effectively had 3/4 sleeves.

I wouldn't recommend waiting until the last minute, just start off with this place right off the bat and you'll have no worries. Also, their prices are TOTALLY reasonable. The "cost" price we were getting was essentially the same as what we would have paid if we started off at Antonio's. If I were to do it again, I would have started off here - they are FANTASTIC!!!

When first going to another tuxedo rental shop, we were floored by the price that it was going to cost to rent the tuxedo we had in mind. We then found Formals by Antonio, which had a much cheaper price for the same tuxedo rental AND offered special deals for the groom's tuxedo rental. Some of the girls working there seemed a little inexperienced, but they got the job done. The tuxedos came out great at the end of the day!

Beth · Married on 11/07/2009

The service was great.

• User6105626 · 1+ year ago

2.5

Just ok. The pricing is the best around, but maybe not the best selection. They completely forgot the pocket squares that we discussed, which was the one that that was supposed to make the groom stand out from his groomsmen. The sales team is very high energy, borderline chaotic at times.