Formal Affair DJ Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda S. Getting married on 06/01/2023

Awesome DJ!!

Chris with Formal Affair DJ was wonderful to work with! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with. He has multiple packages to chose from to fit your needs. Chris was very helpful when picking out our wedding music. He even helped my vocalist find the instrumental version of the song we needed during the ceremony! The day of our wedding Chris was on time and very professional and fun! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Amanda & Chris,
    Thank you for the kind words. And for having me be a part of your very special day! Congratulations again!
    Erin F. Married on 04/06/2022

Chris is the best!!!!

Chris is so professional and easy to work with! He made sure our wedding and reception music was exactly what we wanted. I will be recommending him to all my friends!!

Hello Erin and Joel,
    Thank you so much for the review! It is much appreciated. And thank you for letting me be a part of your very special day!
  • Debbie
    Debbie C. Married on 03/26/2022

Amazing! Must Hire!

Formal Affair DJ - Chris Wagner is a must hire for any wedding or event you are having! Easy to work with - accommodating - tells you how things "normal go" but is very quick to do whatever is asked of him. Emails prior to event and has everything ready prior to the event. Arrives prepared. Never needed any help in setting up. No complaining. Professional, yet quick to be a part of the group and allowed the guests to request songs. Very accommodating on ending time for the evening. And Chris traveled 200-250 miles to be at our event!! Reach out to Chris!! we will again.

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Debbie for the kind words! The wedding was phenomenal and it was truly my pleasure.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer J. Married on 12/10/2021

Fantastic!

Chris Wagner did an excellent job providing the music for our wedding! It was timed perfectly, he was easy to work with and plan and had great suggestions! Chris was fun and was able to join in on our party at the end of the evening which made it more lively!

Jennifer and Ethan,
    Thank you for allowing me to be a part of special day.
    Congratulations again!
    Courtney L. Married on 11/13/2021

Best dj ever!

Chris is the best DJ!!! Very professional. Personable. Fun! Knows how to make the party fun and make it last! He knows how to read the dance floor and the best music to play!!! You must have him as your DJ for any event!!! Thank you Chris for everything! You made our day extra special!!!

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Courtney and Chris, Thank you for the review! Your wedding day was incredible. You and your guests celebrated the day with happiness and enthusiasm, just as it should be celebrated. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. You're an awesome couple!
  • W
    Will H. Married on 10/30/2021

The Perfect DJ!

We were referred to Chris (Formal Affair) by a friend, and we are so glad we found him! He was fantastic in every way, from the planning all the way to the wedding/reception.

Wedding planning can be quite stressful at times, but working with Chris as one of our vendors made everything so so easy. He was always quick to answer our questions, and so flexible in setting up all the details. Throughout all the planning, we could tell he genuinely wanted what was best for us. He also has the access and skills to convert YouTube videos (and I am sure many other media forms) into an MP3 file. I mention that because for our ceremony we chose one instrumental version of a song that is only on YouTube, and he was able to make it happen with ease. We also had a live musician play some music during our ceremony, and Chris made everything so easy to set up for the music.

On top of all of that, he is a fantastic DJ! The dancing at our reception was SO much fun!! I had so many people come up to me throughout the night and say how they loved the music being played. Chris also knows well how to read a room, so there never felt to be a lull—he kept the party moving!

Overall, we can’t recommend Chris from Formal Affair enough. Working with him ensures stress free planning and a fantastic dance party on the most special night of your life!

Evelyn and Will,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your very special day. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of it. I appreciate you taking the time to leave the review and for the very kind words. Congratulations again!
    Alex Married on 10/29/2021

Excellent, nonstressful, fun and laid back

Chris was awesome during the whole process, organized and played what we asked! He kept the crowd dancing and had great energy all night. Very easy and great to work with. Highly recommend!!

Alex and David,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. You and your guests were amazing and I had a blast too! Congratulations to you both!
    Danny K. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing experience!

Chris was incredible, we can’t recommend him strongly enough!
    Hannah Married on 05/12/2021

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Chris and Formal Affair DJ! He provided the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with perfection. His professionalism, flexibility, and services provided were excellent. We provided him with a list of songs that we wanted played throughout each of those times of the wedding day (which was a pretty heft list) and he played them all with no questions asked. He was also very willing to accept song requests throughout the reception, and was extremely flexible with any specific requests or last minute changes that I had during my wedding day and reception which really made all the difference! He really kept everyone on the dance floor having a blast!

We even had a guest specifically come up to us to share that this DJ completely changed her outlook on having DJ's vs. a live band at a wedding, and I couldn't agree more! Chris was so personable and easy to work with. We can't thank Chris enough for help making our wedding so memorable!

Hannah and Cooper,

Thank you so much for allowing Samantha and I be a part of your special day. It was a truly wonderful experience. Congratulations!
  • Krystle
    Krystle Married on 04/18/2021

Partied all night!

Closed down the night with some of the best throwbacks. Chris was fantastic! Everyone had such a good time!

Yazi & Patrick,
    Thank you for having me as a part of your special day! Congratulations again!
  • Sarah-
    Sarah- M. Married on 03/04/2021

Amazing DJ

I honestly was impressed after meeting with Chris. It is very rare to find someone who genuinely enjoys their job and his passion shines through. The whole reception no one stopped dancing and he made sure of that. I cannot recommend his services enough!

Sarah Madison and Derek,
    Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day! It was wonderful. Congratulations again!
    Katy H. Married on 02/10/2021

Such a great person and DJ!

Chris was wonderful! He was very professional and timely answering all emails prior to the wedding and the day of everything went perfectly from the mics for the ceremony, to announcing first dances etc. We have received so many compliments on how fun of party the wedding was and how great the music choices were. Everyone had a blast and the dance floor was never empty. Could not recommend Chris more!

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Katy & Logan for allowing me to be a part of your very special day! It was a lot of fun. Congratulations again!
    Rebecca C. Married on 11/14/2020

The best of the best!

Chris was absolutely incredible. He knew exactly what songs to play to get our guests on the dance floor. He also included lighting in his package and was super affordable. We wanted karaoke at our rehearsal dinner, which we also hired Chris for. While he had never offered this service, he went out of his way to download software and figure out how to make karaoke happen. We could not be more pleased with Formal Affair DJ services and recommend him to anyone out there looking for a DJ.
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 11/07/2020

An amazing choice for a DJ!

I would highly recommend Chris to anyone on the hunt for an upbeat, organized, and cost-friendly DJ for their wedding or any event really! He was extremely responsive, answered my many questions with a smile in the planning process, and truly brought the reception to life. I couldn't be happier with how the night went thanks to Chris.

Wow Nicole & Mitch!
    It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It means so much. I'm glad your expectations were met!
    Best, Chris
    Alex M. Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding DJ

Chris did a fantastic job! He had a great selection of songs and new how to keep the crowd dancing! He also would get out on the floor to liven things up!! He made the reception so fun and also played our ceremony music to perfection!

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Alex and Justin and congratulations! Your ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast!
    April M. Married on 10/03/2020

October 2020 Wedding

Simply stated, Chris is AWESOME! He went above and beyond to help with anything we needed for sound/music and more. He has crazy fun energy and is just delightful to interact with! The music and lights were on point and our guests thought he was amazing as well. He made our wedding and reception beautiful and tons of fun! I danced out of 2 pairs of shoes! We would highly recommend him for any event you might be planning.

Dear April & Jamie,
    I'm happy you had a fantastic time! Thanks for your trust, I'm thankful for amazing customers like you.
    I hope to see you again soon!
    Brittany Married on 08/28/2020

Fantastic!!

Chris was so nice and extremely helpful. I said I wanted nice, formal for the ceremony and then I wanted the party to begin and he did just that! He encouraged everyone to dance and have fun. I am definitely recommending and sending anyone who needs some Dj needs straight to him!!

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Your wedding was beautiful. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. Congratulations again!

Chris
    Erin L. Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing DJ! You must use him!

We had a very basic wedding due to COVID. But he made the whole atmosphere perfect! Great service! He does exactly what you need him to do. You will make a mistake using someone else! My wedding was small with no alcohol.

Erin and Joel,

Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. It was my pleasure. Congratulations again!

Chris
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne D. Married on 08/02/2020

Formal Affair DJ was a great choice!

We hired Chris for our daughter's wedding reception and he was amazing! He helped us create the perfect playlist and time line and got everyone out on the dance floor from beginning to end. He arrived early and helped us with sound for the ceremony officiant and musicians. He's got a great personality and is very reasonably priced. We could not have made a better choice for a memorable night. Your DJ can make or break your event. I highly recommend Formal Affair DJ!
    Deena K. Married on 07/23/2020

Great Experience!

Chris was punctual, organized, and attentive to all the details we had discussed before the wedding! He was a fun addition to our reception!! Would definitely recommend him for any wedding and reception!!
  • Maddie
    Maddie R. Married on 05/23/2020

10000/10 A dream to work with! Kind, polite, responsive

Chris was so easy to work with and completely understood what we wanted! We did not want any line dance songs, I was afraid that it might cause less people to dance, and Chris helped keep the dance floor alive! He was so responsive and flexible! It was definitely appreciated with it being a COVID wedding. I could not have asked for anything more from Chris, he even worked with our live musician for the ceremony and contacted him prior to the wedding!

Maddie and Whit,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We made it without any line dance songs! :) Everything was beautiful just as it should have been. Congratulations to both of you!
  • Brooke
    Brooke K. Married on 04/18/2020

Wonderful experience even after not seeing each other in over a year for our original cancelled wedding.

Chris was wonderful. I worried with a small wedding that no one would be dancing, but he was able to amp it up and it was perfect.
  • Brooke.meredith
    Brooke M. Married on 03/14/2020

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful

Formal Affair DJ was my DJ at my wedding and he did not disappoint! He was amazing to work with and knew exactly what to do! There was never a dull moment on the dance floor! He even joined us as we danced! I would recommend to anyone who needs a DJ that Formal Affairs DJ is the guy for you!!

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Brooke and Walker! It was a pleasure being a part of your very special day and I am SO glad you were able to have your wedding as scheduled. Thanks again!
    Savannah L. Married on 06/22/2019

One of the best vendors we hired!!

If you’re looking to have the most amazing, fun-filled wedding reception that your friends and family will talk about- Chris is the DJ for you! All of our guests have let us know how awesome the music choices were, which isn’t hard to believe as Chris works with you to make sure you hear the songs that will get your guests out on the floor and stay there. And, if you have the opportunity, get the uplighting! It adds an extra layer of fun to the atmosphere that will make you never want your reception to end.