87 Reviews for Formal Affair Professional DJ Services, LLC

MC (4)
Consultation (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
87 Formal Affair Professional DJ Services, LLC Reviews

Chris was so great! We needed a DJ for our wedding, ceremony mic and sound, indoor and outdoor music, and everything went so smoothly. He came prepared, worked well with our coordinator, and he was a great addition to the celebration. He’s really a fantastic value, and a great guy. I’m so glad we found him!

Profile Picture Cathy, 6/9/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris was wonderful! He accommodated everything we asked and everyone at the wedding said he was great! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Christine, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris was absolutely amazing, professional & went WAY beyond to make sure we had ALL the songs to accommodate our fun wedding reception~ from our requested "Second Line Mardi Gras Entrance" to our first dance songs, dinner song requests, I could go on & on! I wish we could have danced all night- he made it fun for ALL ages, took a few requests & even joined us on the dance floor! Thanks again for your time and attention to making our reception an unforgettable celebration of love & good times!!

Profile Picture Anne , 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Chris was made planning very simple with just 2 meetings. An interview and a detail meeting with the bride. He provided all we could ask for. He knew what he was doing. He kept the party going and didn't make a lot of "rules". Some DJs sounded to strict. Chris was easy and fun. I would recommend him. GREAT VALUE!

Profile Picture Terri, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris was the epitome of professional. He dressed in a tux day of, but before that he met us and accepted our playlist, added some comments, was very jovial, and had a great sense of humor. When we met with him before he accepted everything we directed him to do, kept things simple, was very flexible with what we wanted, and extremely personable. Younger dancers and older dancers found that they love the music and the dance floor stayed alive the entire night. The flow was perfect in everyway. We HIGHLY recommend this dj! No worries with this one. Oh! And his lighting was fantastic and totally set the mood.

Profile Picture gabrielle, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris is awesome. I can not say enough nice things about working with him. He played all the songs that we asked for and made our special day even better. I love how upbeat he is and how he gets out with the crowed and gets the party going. He is very professional and answered any question we had very fast. Everyone at our reception kept telling us how much they loved our DJ. He is very flexible even while you are at the event and are wanting to move things around. We would love to work with Chris again. Anyone would be lucky to get to work with him.Thank you so much Chris for making our wedding a great one.

Profile Picture Dana, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris is AMAZING! He knew exactly how to keep the party going and played songs that our guests loved- we are still getting compliments about the music over a week later. Chris even got my husband out on the dance floor and led group dances that everyone could follow. My 3-year-old niece was having the time of her life on the dance floor and Chris even let her pick some songs from his iPad- it absolutely made her night. That small gesture is just one example of how amazing this DJ service is. Thank you, thank you, thank you Chris!

Profile Picture Annalise, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Chris was great! Upbeat and fun and super flexible! He did all of the announcements perfectly and even played a bunch of German music for the Grooms family! We couldn't be happier with him! He kept the party going! Would definitely recommend him! And the price was so good!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Extremely prompt and timely! Chris was definitely an asset to our wedding!
He brought great energy to the evening and was extremely helpful with planning the details and editing music, announcements, wedding ceremony equipment and more! Chris is excellent with crowds, all the transitions during the reception flowed smoothly and everyone danced the night away with his help. Thank you Chris!!!

Profile Picture Kiah, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Chris is the best DJ I've seen at a wedding so far. His prices are great and he goes above and beyond what you'd expect your DJ to do. I love that he brings his girlfriend along and she gets out on the dance floor to help get guest out. She's very sweet as well and they both dress like they are part of the wedding guest. Chris was one of my easiest vendors to deal with the whole wedding process & made everything easy for me.
Thanks so much for an amazing wedding! I've had so many guest tell me how much fun they had. ??

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris was SO easy to work with! I definitely recommend him to any brides looking for a DJ. He was so professional and guided me through the process easily and efficiently. He made me feel very at ease.

Profile Picture Alli, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris with formal affair professional DJ services DJ'd our wedding in August and was absolutely amazing. He got up and danced with the crowd and really got everyone excited and moving. I would absolutely recommend them for any event!!! We weren't disappointed in any way!

Profile Picture Jordan , 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I have to say, I could not of had more fun at my wedding. Everything I wanted played was played and everyone commented on how great the music was. Chris was very interactive and a ton of fun. Job well done!!

Profile Picture Alicia, 6/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Absolutely the best! Didn't have to worry about anything. He did an amazing job. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User4615267, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Very reliable equipment for outside ceremony and inside reception. Was early and had everything set-up and ready to go on-time. Played all of the songs we requested & did a great job!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Chris is perfect. All the way. As a professional photographer I have been around few dj´s and he is second to none. From the moment we sat down to talk about the big day to his thank you at the end of the day he was 100% on it. I could go on and on about how good he was but I do not see the need. If you need a dj and you pick Chris - he will deliver. It is simple as that. Absolute brilliant human being.

Love and respect

Finnbogi and Kerstin - 6th February 2016

Profile Picture Finnbogi, 2/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Chris was our DJ at our outdoor wedding in October & was excellent! There were more people on the dance floor at our wedding than I have seen dancing at a wedding in awhile. He was super flexible & played the songs I asked him to in the best way to keep the reception rolling. He took requests from my guests & I and everyone was very complimentary of him! We really enjoyed having Formal Affairs DJ our wedding and would recommend Chris to anyone!

Profile Picture User5588866, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I just have to echo what everyone else said: Chris at Formal Affair is an amazing DJ. He made our wedding into a great party and all of our guests walked out saying they had a fantastic time. Here are two points I want to highlight:

1) Chris is the definition of a professional. Before the wedding he was attentive and prompt and good at reminding this forgetful bride of the little last minute details I had forgotten. During the wedding, he danced and had a good time, but it was all with the purpose of pumping up our guests and getting them going and things never got out of hand -- or slowed down! Also, he was good with going with the flow since a few details changed at the last minute.

2) Great value!! I looked at a lot of DJ services and many were pretty pricy but the price at Formal Affairs was budget friendly and maybe even a steal with what you get in Chris!

Profile Picture Devon, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris at Formal Affair was absolutely amazing!!! He made our wedding! He had everyone out on the dance floor all night. He was great about playing off our list and taking requests. I would recommend Formal Affair to anyone planning an event.

Profile Picture Dani Michelle, 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris did an AMAZING job! He definitely exceeded our expectations! He did both our ceremony and reception and they were both absolutely perfect. He definitely kept the dance floor full and our guests happy! We would definitely recommend Chris for any occasion and we will definitely use him for future events. Thanks again Chris!

Profile Picture Jordan, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris did such an awesome job at our wedding. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. He even got up on the speaker to get people going. There is no question about his ability to understand what the bride and groom are looking for. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Thanks Chris!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris did an AMAZING job with our ceremony music and reception! He played everything we asked and he set the mood just right for our guests. Everyone had so much fun with him and he got out there on the dance floor with us! Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Brittney, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Chris was an amazing DJ for our wedding. The one thing I was picky about with my wedding was the music. Chris not only abided to my "do not play" list (sorry Chris, it might have been a bit long) but he played songs from bands I listed that he had to research himself. I love indie music and smaller bands. He found wonderful songs from those small bands and it made my night!

Chris is also extremely flexible. Our venue was at my father-in-laws house and we did not have an easy way to play music for the dinner outside. He was able to work with the floor plan and it sounded as though it was planned like that all along! He provided beautiful dance floor lighting, MC'd the reception flawlessly, and even played some spontaneous Arabic music at the request of my husbands family.

I cannot recommend this DJ enough, particularly if you are picky with your music and want to hear what YOU want. He listens, and more importantly he makes everyone have fun!

Profile Picture Gwyn , 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Formal Affair is fantastic! Chris is the best DJ I've ever seen! He is professional, flexible and very easy to work with. We had one sit down meeting before the wedding and I knew within the first few minutes that Chris understood exactly what we wanted. He played every song we asked him to play and helped get the party going and kept it going! I was sending Chris songs right up till a day before the wedding and they all made it in there. My bride and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I could not be more positive about Formal Affair!!! Chris, youda best!!!

Profile Picture Alex, 8/29/14, 1 Review