Formal Affair DJ Services Reviews

103 | Williamston, SC

103 Reviews for Formal Affair DJ Services

Erin Fischer · Getting married on 04/06/2022

Chris is the best!!!!

Chris is so professional and easy to work with! He made sure our wedding and reception music was exactly what we wanted. I will be recommending him to all my friends!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Hello Erin and Joel,
    Thank you so much for the review! It is much appreciated. And thank you for letting me be a part of your very special day!

Hannah · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Chris and Formal Affair DJ! He provided the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with perfection. His professionalism, flexibility, and services provided were excellent. We provided him with a list of songs that we wanted played throughout each of those times of the wedding day (which was a pretty heft list) and he played them all with no questions asked. He was also very willing to accept song requests throughout the reception, and was extremely flexible with any specific requests or last minute changes that I had during my wedding day and reception which really made all the difference! He really kept everyone on the dance floor having a blast!

We even had a guest specifically come up to us to share that this DJ completely changed her outlook on having DJ's vs. a live band at a wedding, and I couldn't agree more! Chris was so personable and easy to work with. We can't thank Chris enough for help making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Hannah and Cooper,

Thank you so much for allowing Samantha and I be a part of your special day. It was a truly wonderful experience. Congratulations!

Katy Hauntsman · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Such a great person and DJ!

Chris was wonderful! He was very professional and timely answering all emails prior to the wedding and the day of everything went perfectly from the mics for the ceremony, to announcing first dances etc. We have received so many compliments on how fun of party the wedding was and how great the music choices were. Everyone had a blast and the dance floor was never empty. Could not recommend Chris more!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Katy & Logan for allowing me to be a part of your very special day! It was a lot of fun. Congratulations again!

Erin Lee · Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing DJ! You must use him!

We had a very basic wedding due to COVID. But he made the whole atmosphere perfect! Great service! He does exactly what you need him to do. You will make a mistake using someone else! My wedding was small with no alcohol.

Sent on 08/31/2020

Erin and Joel,

Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. It was my pleasure. Congratulations again!

Chris
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Deep Toole · Married on 08/02/2020

Formal Affair DJ was a great choice!

We hired Chris for our daughter's wedding reception and he was amazing! He helped us create the perfect playlist and time line and got everyone out on the dance floor from beginning to end. He arrived early and helped us with sound for the ceremony officiant and musicians. He's got a great personality and is very reasonably priced. We could not have made a better choice for a memorable night. Your DJ can make or break your event. I highly recommend Formal Affair DJ!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Deena Knight · Married on 07/23/2020

Great Experience!

Chris was punctual, organized, and attentive to all the details we had discussed before the wedding! He was a fun addition to our reception!! Would definitely recommend him for any wedding and reception!!

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Maddie

Maddie Richardson · Married on 05/23/2020

10000/10 A dream to work with! Kind, polite, responsive

Chris was so easy to work with and completely understood what we wanted! We did not want any line dance songs, I was afraid that it might cause less people to dance, and Chris helped keep the dance floor alive! He was so responsive and flexible! It was definitely appreciated with it being a COVID wedding. I could not have asked for anything more from Chris, he even worked with our live musician for the ceremony and contacted him prior to the wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Maddie and Whit,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We made it without any line dance songs! :) Everything was beautiful just as it should have been. Congratulations to both of you!
  • Brooke

Brooke Kratzer · Married on 04/18/2020

Wonderful experience even after not seeing each other in over a year for our original cancelled wedding.

Chris was wonderful. I worried with a small wedding that no one would be dancing, but he was able to amp it up and it was perfect.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Brooke.meredith

Brooke Meredith · Married on 03/14/2020

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful

Formal Affair DJ was my DJ at my wedding and he did not disappoint! He was amazing to work with and knew exactly what to do! There was never a dull moment on the dance floor! He even joined us as we danced! I would recommend to anyone who needs a DJ that Formal Affairs DJ is the guy for you!!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Brooke and Walker! It was a pleasure being a part of your very special day and I am SO glad you were able to have your wedding as scheduled. Thanks again!

Savannah Lentz · Married on 06/22/2019

One of the best vendors we hired!!

If you’re looking to have the most amazing, fun-filled wedding reception that your friends and family will talk about- Chris is the DJ for you! All of our guests have let us know how awesome the music choices were, which isn’t hard to believe as Chris works with you to make sure you hear the songs that will get your guests out on the floor and stay there. And, if you have the opportunity, get the uplighting! It adds an extra layer of fun to the atmosphere that will make you never want your reception to end.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing!!!

there wasn’t a moment that someone wasn’t on the dance floor! While the whole day was a bit of a blur, I’ll never forget the amazing music and dancing with all of our friends! Thanks Chris! - Rachel &Cody Crosby 6/14/19

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Jb Wallé

Jb Wallé · Married on 05/29/2019

Great experience with Chris!

Chris has done a fantastic job at our wedding. He is well equipped, very friendly, and professionnal.
    We recommend!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Stephanie and JB,

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. You are the first international couple I have worked with. I hope my french introduction was okay. :)

• Celeste

Celeste · Married on 03/16/2019

Phenomenal

Chris was amazing for our wedding! He kept our guest going all night long! He was very attentive to our song request and to our ceremony needs. Thanks Chris! Bob and Celeste Mitchell 3.16.19

Sent on 04/26/2019

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Celeste and Bob for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. Chris
  • Carolina

Carolina · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing DJ

Chris with Formal Affair DJ was simply amazing, we had a great time, the music was great, he is very nice, he did everything the way I wanted, people loved the music and Chris. He always smiles, he is very friendly, it was the best decision to hire him to play at my wedding....
    Carolina

Sent on 11/20/2018

Carolina and John,
    Thank you for the review and for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. Congratulations again!

Kim · Married on 10/06/2018

I can not say enough good things about Formal Affair, Chris is an amazing DJ. He is the consummate professional, in his attitude, MC expertise and equipment and went way beyond his DJ responsibilities to ensure an evening of fun for all His dj equipment is top notch, featuring the coolest light and sound system! He knows music, what to play and when. The atmosphere he created had the guests at our sons wedding practically dropping their dinner forks to get on the dance floor where they remained all night!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Cathy · Married on 06/09/2018

Chris was so great! We needed a DJ for our wedding, ceremony mic and sound, indoor and outdoor music, and everything went so smoothly. He came prepared, worked well with our coordinator, and he was a great addition to the celebration. He’s really a fantastic value, and a great guy. I’m so glad we found him!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Stephen · Married on 04/21/2018

Chris was amazing, there's no other way to put it. Was extremely helpful and responsive from the beginning, willing to listen to all of our requests. And make suggestions to help the flow and energy at the reception. Ceremony music was flawless, and he was able to get our desired timing and transitions perfectly. The reception music was excellent, he took our preferred genres/themes from our suggested playlist and ran with it. Everyone was partying and dancing non-stop. I've never seen the dance floor stay as packed as it did for as long as it did before. We cannot recomment Formal Affair DJ enough. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Christine · Married on 02/17/2018

Chris was wonderful! He accommodated everything we asked and everyone at the wedding said he was great! Thanks again!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Anne · Married on 02/10/2018

Chris was absolutely amazing, professional & went WAY beyond to make sure we had ALL the songs to accommodate our fun wedding reception~ from our requested "Second Line Mardi Gras Entrance" to our first dance songs, dinner song requests, I could go on & on! I wish we could have danced all night- he made it fun for ALL ages, took a few requests & even joined us on the dance floor! Thanks again for your time and attention to making our reception an unforgettable celebration of love & good times!!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Hey Anne and Tom,
    Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day and thank you for the review. Congratulations again!

gabrielle · Married on 11/04/2017

Chris was the epitome of professional. He dressed in a tux day of, but before that he met us and accepted our playlist, added some comments, was very jovial, and had a great sense of humor. When we met with him before he accepted everything we directed him to do, kept things simple, was very flexible with what we wanted, and extremely personable. Younger dancers and older dancers found that they love the music and the dance floor stayed alive the entire night. The flow was perfect in everyway. We HIGHLY recommend this dj! No worries with this one. Oh! And his lighting was fantastic and totally set the mood.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Gabrielle,
    Thank you for allowing Samantha and I to be a part of your very special day. We had a blast! We're glad you enjoyed the up-lighting as well.

Dana · Married on 10/28/2017

Chris is awesome. I can not say enough nice things about working with him. He played all the songs that we asked for and made our special day even better. I love how upbeat he is and how he gets out with the crowed and gets the party going. He is very professional and answered any question we had very fast. Everyone at our reception kept telling us how much they loved our DJ. He is very flexible even while you are at the event and are wanting to move things around. We would love to work with Chris again. Anyone would be lucky to get to work with him.Thank you so much Chris for making our wedding a great one.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Dana. It was our honor to be a part of your very special day!

Annalise · Married on 10/14/2017

Chris is AMAZING! He knew exactly how to keep the party going and played songs that our guests loved- we are still getting compliments about the music over a week later. Chris even got my husband out on the dance floor and led group dances that everyone could follow. My 3-year-old niece was having the time of her life on the dance floor and Chris even let her pick some songs from his iPad- it absolutely made her night. That small gesture is just one example of how amazing this DJ service is. Thank you, thank you, thank you Chris!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Annalise,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. It was truly a pleasure to have been a part of your special day. And I'm so glad your niece enjoyed it too!

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2017

Chris was great! Upbeat and fun and super flexible! He did all of the announcements perfectly and even played a bunch of German music for the Grooms family! We couldn't be happier with him! He kept the party going! Would definitely recommend him! And the price was so good!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Kiah · Married on 09/23/2017

Extremely prompt and timely! Chris was definitely an asset to our wedding!
    He brought great energy to the evening and was extremely helpful with planning the details and editing music, announcements, wedding ceremony equipment and more! Chris is excellent with crowds, all the transitions during the reception flowed smoothly and everyone danced the night away with his help. Thank you Chris!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Formal Affair DJ Services's reply:

Thank you Kiah! Your wedding was so much fun! We were honored to work once again with your family.