Forget Me Knot Events and Design Reviews

Forget Me Knot Events and Design 7
  • Callie

Callie Bell · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Highly recommend!

I couldn't be happier that we hired Forget Me Knot events for our "Day of Planning"! Allison & team started working on our wedding 45 days out and honestly came into play when I needed them the most! They put together an amazing timeline, ensured everything was on track prior to the wedding & truly brought the entire day to life. At our rehearsal & on our wedding day they went above & beyond to ensure everything was absolutely perfect. They took all my ideas & made them even better than I had imagined. They kept everything running so smoothly the entire day & their entire team was so wonderful to be around! If you are a Bride & considering not hiring a planner...don't do it! I promise you, hiring Forget me Knot will be worth every single penny!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Molly

Molly Sullivan · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Wedding Planning Wizards!

Our wedding was truly magical, and I owe it all to Forget Me Knot events. Allison and Donna are wizards of the wedding world (cheesy I know, but that's what they are) and they made the unimaginable possible!

Our "winter wonderland" wedding turned into a full-blown blizzard just in time for our guests to begin arriving. Cue bridal panic. Within a matter of days we needed to switch our outdoor ceremony to an indoor ballroom location (much to our dismay). However, we thankfully had hired the dream-team of Allison and Donna, and they created a beautiful ceremony setting that was beyond what I could have imagined. They were on the phone with rental companies, making last minute trips to Homegoods, and updating our vendors with new details all within 24 hours of our wedding. Obviously this could have been a stressful situation for any bride, but with their help I honestly felt so at ease.

On the day of the wedding my husband and I were so thankful for the constant support of these incredible wedding planners. From helping me to re-sew my bustle when it fell due to my aggressive dancing, to maintaining the pacing of the night, to making sure our guests had to-go cake, they were there every step of the way. If you're considering Forget Me Knot events for your wedding, book them immediately. You'll be so glad you did!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 8
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 9
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 10
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 07/27/2019

A Perfect Day

Seeing as our venue was providing the catering and most of the decor, we decided to hire a month-of coordinator instead of a planner for our wedding. We found Forget Me Knot Events and Design on WeddingWire and were impressed by their reviews. Upon reaching out, Allison responded immediately to provide more information on their different services and what to expect with each. She was very responsive to all our questions and her communication skills were exactly what we were looking for as our wedding day wrangler.

With the services that we went with, most of the magic started a little over a month before our actual wedding day. Allison collected all our vendor contracts and worked in parallel with our venue event coordinator to ensure that no detail was missed in the planning process. She created our wedding day timeline and communicated with all our vendors directly to make sure everyone was on the same page. Allison reminded us about items we had overlooked and continued to stay in close contact with us leading up to the big day.

In addition to running our rehearsal, Allison and her assistant Lindsey were present for our entire wedding day. They worked seamlessly with all our vendors in the set-up of our decor and made sure everything ran smoothly and on schedule. I was able to enjoy the celebration without any worries since I knew they would be able to handle anything that came up. At the end of the night, they helped transport all our decor back to our suite so we would not have to worry about moving it ourselves.

Allison's attention to detail and communication skills are truly exceptional. We cannot thank Forget Me Knot enough for their help throughout the entire wedding planning process. It was truly a stress-free experience!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/21/2019

An Instrumental Part of Pulling off the Perfect Wedding Day!

Forget me Knot Events was truly incredible for our July wedding in Squaw Valley!!! Allison was there to help facilitate every step of the way with our "month-of" wedding package, and she was onsite all day on the day-of, along with the other coordinator, Lindsey. Allison was instrumental in communicating with and coordinating all of our vendors and the resort to ensure everything was aligned and organized in advance of the big day. Her help allowed me to free up some of my personal time so I didn't have to call/email and go back and forth with details and questions between all the vendors. I could not recommend Allison and Lindsey from FMKE any higher!! They made our day what it was -- and it was AMAZING!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Bonander · Married on 07/14/2019

So Thankful for Forget Me Know Events

My husband and I could not express how thankful and amazing Allison of Forget Me Knot Events was for our wedding we just had at West Shore Cafe. In January of this year, my fiance and I decided we would like to get married in Tahoe in a short 6 months instead of waiting for the following summer. We knew we would need a creative planner who would help us pull it off since we live in Sacramento. Allison was above and beyond. We had calls with many planners in the Tahoe area, and it was crystal clear to us that Allison was the best. I've planned many large corporate events in my career, and I wanted a full service planner to be make it feel like I wasn't working at planning my own wedding. From selecting our vendors to the teeny tiny details, she made it all a breeze. She was warm, super creative, has amazing taste, extremely organized and she was ready to start planning right away.

When we received our mood board to get an idea on our style I immediately knew we made the right choice. She took my very indecisive pinterest board and made something so beautiful and cohesive. I never worried for one second during our wedding planning process and she pulled through in every way. Our wedding day was flawless; it was more than I could have imagined and then some. I can't emphasize it enough, she was worth every single penny and I will forever always be grateful for everything she had planned for us. We received so many compliments on our wedding day details and I wish I could have taken credit for any of it but it was ALL Allison and we've been day dreaming and reliving the day since!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Kristi

Kristi Kucharski · Married on 06/14/2019

Best Decision

Allison was an absolute pleasure to work with. I hired Forget Me Knot Events as a 45-day out planner for my June 2019 wedding - as I enjoyed assisting in the wedding planning process. There is nothing I value more from a vendor than a quick response time, because as we all know as a Bride you think the entire world revolves around you (I mean it does right?), and FMKE always responded promptly (24 hours or less) with the answers or support I needed. Allison even agreed to meet with us in person 6 months out because Tahoe was a destination for us and the MOB and MOG insisted on it. Allison is kind, hilarious, knowledgeable, but most importantly organized and direct. Our day would not have come together without her guidance and involvement. Honestly, the day could not have run more smoothly and I sincerely thank FMKE for that!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 05/11/2019

Epic Wedding

Our wedding was a large production requiring portable restrooms and backup generator for a remote outdoor historic location. We also threw in a surprise western shootout performance and a surprise dancing flashmob including a live singer. And there was a torrential rainstorm with lightning. Allison was flawless in handling the hurdles and keeping us calm and on schedule. As the bride I was able to let her take the reigns so that I could absorb the beauty of the day. Allison of Forget Me Knot Events and Design felt like part of our family. We highly recommend her services.
    Flowers: Petal to the Metal

Forget Me Knot Events and Design 22
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 23
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 24
  • User4456342 · 1+ year ago

We selected Donna and Forget Me Knot Events before we did anything else. My daughter and her fiancée and their families all live in North Carolina. The bride and groom had fallen in love with Lake Tahoe on an earlier visit and wanted to get married there. The guest list including the wedding party was under twenty people because they wanted to keep the event intimate. Because of the huge distance between home and the wedding venue, I knew that a wedding planner was essential. One phone call to Donna and we were convinced that she was the right choice. The wedding went on without a flaw, just the way it was planned and Donna was with us the whole way. She is the best! The groom's family was amazed at the selections we made in the choice of our venue and our vendors -- all thanks to Donna who guided us all along the way. Thank you, Donna for making me look good as the hostess/planner and for making my daughter and her husband's dream wedding come to life.

Sent on 10/07/2014

christine · Married on 10/07/2017

I can not recommend Donna and forget me knot events more. We hired Donna as our day of coordinator but she did SO much more than just help on the day of! She took charge about 45 days before and took so much stress off me! On the day of she was amazing. I seriously do not know how we would have done it without her....I was stress free on my wedding day thanks to Donna!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Kahlynn · Married on 09/23/2017

I worked with Donna this past year to plan my fall wedding. She really owned every detail on the day-of and made sure everything was in line with my vision. She knew my venue well from experience and was able to offer invaluable advice on other vendors, timeline, and plan B options. I recommend Donna to any Tahoe brides who want to relax and enjoy their big day.

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Forget Me Knot Events and Design 25

George · Married on 07/08/2017

Forget Me Knot Events/Donna Putnam served as the wedding consultant and “Month of” wedding planner for our daughter’s July wedding and 200 guest reception at The Resort at Squaw Creek. Simply put, Donna is outstanding. She is exceptionally talented, exceedingly professional, super connected in the Reno-Tahoe area, knowledgeable, experienced, organized, insightful and truly caring about the success of the event and her clients’ satisfaction. Her thorough attention to details is unbelievable. I really cannot speak highly enough about Donna. She quickly and satisfactorily handled the few “bumps” that inevitably arise, while keeping us hosts calm and confident the whole time. Donna and her staff’s skillful event coordination was evident in the countless guest comments along the lines of “best wedding and reception ever”. She was readily accessible and always responsive; she made numerous key vendor introductions and interfaced with all of our vendors effectively and seamlessly. Her pricing was very fair and reasonable. She was always a joy to work with. WE are truly grateful for having her as our daughter's "Wedding Planner". We HIGHLY recommend Donna Putnam and Forget me Know Events. They are spectacular…. Precisely what one wants when dealing with their daughter’s wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Tari · Married on 06/16/2017

I cannot imagine my wedding day without Donna and her assistant from Forget Me Knot; my husband and I are so grateful to them! Recently, I was a guest at my cousin's wedding and she said to me, "I don't understand how you looked so calm during your wedding day!!" I basically said, "Um, because I had Donna." If anything went wrong during my wedding day, my husband and I were not aware of it, nor were our parents or bridal party.

Donna helps make the process leading up to the wedding smooth and painless. She has impeccable attention to detail, always responds to emails quickly, and she's very kind! On the day of the wedding, she even had every emergency kit item you can think of, including deodorant (which I needed)!

Bottom line, this was some of the best-spent money of the whole wedding because it gave my husband and me peace of mind and allowed us to relax and enjoy (and remember) our day!!

Sent on 10/18/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/19/2017

Donna is the absolute best of the best! I hired her for my day-of planner, and I couldn't imagine not having her to ensure my day went perfectly. She took control about a month out so I didn't worry if all the details were in order and vendors were properly in place and communicated with. I previously worked with her on company events, so when it came time for my wedding, she was my first call! She has excellent working relationships with vendors across the board, which took away any stress I would have had. On the day of, you would have guessed she was J-Lo, with her & her assistant executing every detail, timing, and logistics! ;) Don't hesitate on hiring Donna- it can be easily budgeted & she makes all the difference so you can just enjoy your special day!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Hamilton · Married on 10/15/2016

Believe the hype!!! We feel so fortunate to have worked with Donna for our Reno wedding. She met and exceeded our (admittedly high!) expectations in every single respect. She is creative, caring, thorough, responsive, and kind — everything we could hope for in a wedding planner. HIRE HER. You will not regret it. Donna, thank you so much for making our wedding so amazing! We couldn’t have done it without you.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/10/2016

Hands down BEST wedding planner there is! Now I may not have a lot of experience with other wedding planners seeing as how I've only been married just this once ;) but Donna is the most buttoned up, organized and thorough person you could ever want to help with your wedding... even for a type A personality like me. Donna and I hit it off immediately when we did our in person meeting and my fiance (at the time) was a huge fan as well! She was dedicated to making sure that our vision came to fruition without any false promises. One thing I loved most about working with Donna is that she is a realist and extremely experienced. When my head was in the clouds with ideas, she helped to narrow them down to ones we could actually accomplish without sacrificing the creativity. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this.

I have to be completely honest in that I probably gave Donna a run for her money with my plethora of vendors and many moving parts, but she nailed every single detail and made our special day something we will never forget. It felt so true to us as a couple and we have Donna and her team to thank for that. The other great thing about Donna is that she shared in the excitement of our wedding. Whenever Nate and I came up with a new idea she was right there with excited to see how we could make it work and in many case making the final plan even better. She was very cautious of our budget and provided options to fit that.

And I have to talk about Donna just as a human being. It's important to have someone who is great at their job, but for Nate and I it was also very important to have someone we liked, trusted and got along with. Donna is hilarious and helped to ease a lot of stressful conversations and decisions with witty comments and lighthearted banter. She was easy to talk to and was very respectful of all the different input from myself, Nate, my parents, etc... She is just so sweet and caring and you can tell she loves what she does!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Donna exceeded our expectations in all aspects of our wedding. She blew us away with her creativity, organization, and patience on the day of our wedding and made it so easy to just relax and enjoy the moment. We are so thankful for her hard work and ability to make our wedding feel not only like our most important day, but hers too!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Maura · Married on 09/03/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Donna and ForgetMeKnot Events!! We recently worked with Donna on our Lake Tahoe Wedding and the whole event went perfectly. Donna was extremely organized and responsive leading up to the event. She had great opinions when I asked her for advice or feedback - I really trusted her throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly - I had a last minute tasting and she went out of her way join us with less than a days notice. Icing on the cake: she has a great sense of humor and put me at ease if there was ever any stress! When it came to the day of the wedding I never thought twice about the details - I knew Donna had taken care of anything. Using ForgetMeKnot events was the best decision we could have ever made - I couldn't imagine the wedding planning process without Donna! I highly recommend doing the same!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Carey · Married on 08/25/2016

Donna deserves 10 stars instead of 5 as she was absolutely amazing! My husband and I highly recommend her, as we were extremely pleased with her services! She is very approachable, creative and professional. I live in Texas and married in Tahoe, so using someone like Donna was extremely important. Every single one of our vendors and the wedding site were all also very pleased with her and her assistant. I'm sure the job can be stressful, however she does it without ever seeming frazzled or frustrated. It is clear that she loves being a wedding planner! Our wedding way was better than I ever imagined, thanks to Donna!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/21/2016

Donna was a delight to work with in planning and executing my wedding. I work as a project manager in Washington, D.C. and was concerned that I could not manage my Lake Tahoe wedding in person. I spoke with a few other vendors, but when I talked to Donna and then saw her detailed day-of project plans and budget sheets, I knew I would be in project management heaven. She kept to just the right amount of detail without being too tedious.
    Following a conversation about how much input I wanted in to certain aspects of the wedding planning process, Donna helped me find vendors and a venue I had not even researched on my own. She knows who is who in the Lake Tahoe and Reno area, and she was able to secure several discounts because she know what to ask. I loved the amount of follow-up emails she sent (not a ton but enough to keep us on track) and the detailed budget sheet she kept updated throughout the process. We had most of the details sorted out many months ahead of time, and I came to the wedding as relaxed as a bride could be.
    If there were any problems on my wedding day, I didn’t know about them. Donna kept the ceremony and reception flowing and was on hand for vendors. Honestly I do not know what I would have done without her and would recommend her highly to any bride in the Reno/Tahoe area. Her services were worth every penny and more.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/30/2016

If you are getting married in the Tahoe area - hire Donna! We live in San Francisco, and we had over 200 guests travel to Tahoe for our big day. Needless to say, finding a great local planner was really important. She kept everything extremely well-organized, while being professional, responsive and friendly to us, our guests and our vendors. She offered helpful suggestions and solutions for last minute changes and she managed all the behind-the-scenes coordination that allowed us to simply enjoy the day.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Laura · Married on 07/29/2016

I don't even know where to begin, Donna is my fairy wedding angel! I don't know how I could have possibly planned a wedding as I don't know the ins and outs like Donna does. She is extremely organized, professional, quick to respond to my emails, and has a great sense of humor to boot! She made a very detailed budget for us, all of the spreadsheets she made (and there were a lot!) helped me stay organized and calm during what can be a very stressful time! All of her recommendations (Dj, florist, etc.) turned out beautifully. You just can't go wrong with her. My day was perfect and ran smoothly, and I owe it all go her.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Forget Me Knot Events was just what we needed for our Day of Wedding Coordination. I was happy to book my own vendors, but Donna provided helpful advice & guidance along the way. She also coordinated all vendor activity / needs in advance of the wedding day, so I didn't need to worry about timing, timelines, etc. On the day of, the team handled everything wonderfully -- they were very 'present' without distracting the bridal party or guests...just the right balance :) Highly Recommend.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Emily · Married on 10/23/2015

I wholeheartedly recommend Donna to anyone planning a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area. Donna was my "month of" wedding planner for my wedding this October at West Shore Cafe. She listened carefully to all of my preferences, ideas, and concerns, and she was very quick to respond to calls and emails. She designed a very detailed timeline for the wedding day and coordinated the timing/schedule for all the other vendors. In the last week before the wedding, Donna was very helpful with last minute changes. Early on she also provided very helpful suggestions for vendors I had not yet booked (Lake DJ!). Personality-wise, I found Donna very friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic, and she was not overly bossy during the rehearsal or wedding (something my fiancé had concerns about). In summary, hire Donna as your wedding planner. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/23/2015

Donna Putnam recently served as wedding coordinator for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at Lake Tahoe's West Shore Cafe & Inn. We live in the Bay Area and so all the wedding planning happened via email and phone. Donna was prompt, friendly and professional at all times. She has a real gift for being extremely organized and proactive while also being truly sensitive, flexible and responsive to our questions and concerns. A remarkable skill set! She also worked well throughout the process with the venue and other vendors, coordinating and communicating in a way that was effective and friendly. Her ongoing and evolving time line gave us a real sense of comfort and control!
    Both at the rehearsal and the day of wedding, Donna’s services were invaluable. At the rehearsal, she was very diplomatic and efficient at managing all our overexcited family and friends without ever seeming bossy or impatient. She unobtrusively worked with the officiant and venue employees to clarify specific points about the event details that we would never have thought of. She was even super sweet and humorous with our young, rambunctious ring bearer and flower girls. The day of the wedding she seemed to be in about a dozen places at once! She oversaw vendor deliveries, got people where they needed to be, kept track of the timing, all the while smiling and seeming completely relaxed. She even produced a needle and thread at the last minute for a loose button on the wedding dress! Our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding day was exactly what they’d envisioned, and my husband and I were able to enjoy being guests at the event rather than harried hosts. We highly recommend Donna Putnam and forgetmeknotevents!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Erica · Married on 10/03/2015

I have always gone by the quote "design your dream marriage, not your dream wedding" I had never been the girl who would dream about her wedding, nor had I ever planned anything further than what I was going to do the following day. No, my husband is the planner, and I'm the one who hopes everything happens for the best.

While my husband was deployed, I knew I had to ask for help so we would be able to have our special day planned when he returned.

I have known Donna for many years, and I knew without a doubt that she would be the one who I would contact.

Donna is not only thoughtful, caring, organized and talented, she is reassuring, and listens to visions and carries them out seamlessly.

My husband and I had a very inflexible budget and she worked very diligently helping us fit in all of the pieces. Those pieces included fragments of ideas that I had found off of pinterest that I wanted included in the wedding, with a difficult ceremony offsite of where the reception would be held. Donna was able to take my scattered vision and turn it into something off of a movie! Walking into my own wedding I couldn't catch my breath.

Donna was a guest at my wedding, and her assistant took care of everything during the reception. This included bringing a plate of appetizers to my husband and I when we didn't have time to try any, and never letting our drinks run out! I didn't even know that kind of thoughtfulness was included.

I could go on for pages about how wonderful Donna and Forget Me Knot Events is, but if you're like me and skim through reviews know this;

Donna's vision is timeless, she is seamless with putting everything together and I did not worry or hesitate for a moment trusting her with my entire (15-hour long) day. It was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/19/2015