For The Win Reviews

For The Win 7
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

Book them!

This band made our reception EXACTLY what we wanted it to be, an absolute party!! They are top notch vocals, performance and EVERYTHING. Phenomenal to work with and I'm searching for another opportunity to recommend or re-book them. Worth every penny & so much more. You will be hard pressed to find a better wedding band!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Jeanette · Married on 10/06/2018

If you want your wedding to be the best it can be then you need to hire For The Win. The band is awesome. My feeling for music at a wedding is...…."the music either makes it or breaks it". This band definitely made it!!!!!!!! Everyone attending said that it was the best wedding they ever were invited to in years. Just a incredible night of music and fun.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Peter & Sarah · Married on 09/08/2018

Booking For the Win as our wedding band was one of the best choices we made throughout the wedding planning process. They were absolutely incredible! Our guests could not stop raving about how great For the Win was at bringing the energy to help get everyone out on the dance floor. Between Amanda and Ryan, they have the great vocal range to nail any song--and the instrumentals are electric! For the Win was very responsive to our questions and requests for the playlist and made the planning very easy. If you are looking for a band that can light it up with current hits, but also has the ability to play some motown/traditional wedding reception songs, we cannot recommend For the Win highly enough!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Julian · Married on 08/25/2018

The most consistent comment guests gave about my wedding was "how fantastic the band was!" Fantastic is not a strong enough adjective to describe how amazing, enthusiastic, and fun For The Win is. They made our wedding. I specifically chose them after hearing them live, because I knew they could pull off oldies for our parents and current hits for everyone else. They keep the party going all night long. I saw empty chairs and a full dance floor, couldn't have ask for a better band. They played everything we requested and even more. I can not highly recommend them enough, see them live and you'll see why!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Jimmy Inthavong · Married on 07/15/2018

Best wedding band ever

What an amazing band. Thank you for rocking out our wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    For The Win 8

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

For The Win DC was the BEST decision we made during our wedding planning. We met the band while playing at a local bar and they were so friendly and we instantly fell in love with their talent and crowd interaction. Throughout our wedding planning they checked in and made sure they had all the information they needed from us to make sure our day ran smoothly. Amanda went above and beyond to accommodate us when we asked for our first dance song in advance to practice. She also called me the week before to solidify all of our song requests and information. On the day of the wedding our guests did not leave the dance floor! For The Win interacted with all of our guests and created a fun atmosphere the whole night. We can't even count how many of our guests came up to us during and after our wedding saying it was the best band they've heard and the best wedding they've been to because of the amazing band! They played such an incredible variety of songs that everyone from our grandparents to our youngest cousins were dancing all night. My dad said he was so upset when " the concert" was over! They are SO talented, professional, and truly made our wedding so special. Thank you SO much For The Win!!!!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    For The Win 14
    For The Win 15
    For The Win 16

Tyler · Married on 06/16/2018

For the Win absolutely killed it at our wedding!! They were a total hit and kept the party moving all night. We loved them and are definitely going to be taking a trip to DC to see them live again as soon as possible!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Philip · Married on 06/09/2018

We booked For the Win for our wedding. They were easy to coordinate with, flexible with song choices, accommodating of our PG audience and special requests. We would book them again in a heartbeat!!! Several family and friends have already reached out to ask about them. They kept the dance floor full of energy and alive all night, and had our guests out there dancing for hours! Super fun, super high energy!!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    For The Win 17
    For The Win 18
    For The Win 19
    For The Win 20
    For The Win 21

Barbara · Married on 06/09/2018

Having a band for the wedding was even better than we had hoped, For The Win made it so much FUN! All our guests mentioned the band and how the songs sounded just like the originals! Everyone was up and dancing all night long, They were flexible with a flash mob dance we wanted to do and so easy to work with! We recommend them very highly!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Kevin · Married on 06/01/2018

For The Win (FTW) played at my sisters wedding and we knew that we had to have them play ours as well. We worked directly with Amanda their lead singer and she was super responsive and extremely easy to work with. She really wanted to know the type of band that my bride wanted to have on her big day, and they tailored their act to match our expectations.

The lead singer Amanda has an incredible voice, and they have an awesome male lead singer as well which opens up their playlist for a lot of fun on stage banter. The rest of the band is so awesome and so cool you can really tell they love what they are doing.

The final thing that I would say is that I think they are VERY affordable. Everyone that went to our wedding was talking about the band ever since our big day, they were a 10 out of 10. If you are interested in having a good time for your wedding, and getting your guests out on the dance floor, FTW is perfect for you! We wish we could do it all over again.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Lori · Married on 05/19/2018

We just love this band. This is the 3rd time I’ve used them for a wedding. In addition to their obvious talent, they really know how to get a crowd dancing. Bill did a fabulous job announcing events, and introducing the bridal party. They’re a fun band and good people!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 04/14/2018

For The Win was absolutely phenomenal. As huge live music fans, the band was very important to my wife and I. They absolutely delivered. Great energy throughout. They played a few medleys where they drifted in and out of different songs- they really pulled it off too and the crowd loved it. I had requested that they learn a song to close out the reception - Tweezer Reprise by Phish. They nailed it and everyone who I've spoken to about the wedding has commented on how great the band was. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Kirsten · Married on 03/17/2018

They are the best!!! I don't think our wedding guests sat down once when they started playing. We would 100% recommend For The Win, it was the best decision we made!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 11/18/2017

This band made our night! They play music of all genres that appeals to all ages. The dance floor was packed all night and the guests were begging for more in the end. If you want your everyone to to be impressed and have a great time, then this is the band for you!!
    Thank you all for getting our new life together off to a great start......The Riley & Bilodeau Families

Sent on 11/27/2017

Trina · Married on 11/04/2017

Where do we even begin? For the Win was INCREDIBLE. When looking for a wedding band, we had a really hard time narrowing down all of our options. We also didn't want the traditional "wedding band." When we heard about For the Win, I knew immediately that they would be perfect. They put on the most amazing show for our guests. They were high energy, kept people on the dancefloor all night - no really though, it was impossible to get people to leave the venue at the end. We have heard nothing but amazing compliments about how our band is the best that they've heard at a wedding. Plus, they are just really cool people that we would want to hang out with on a daily basis (be our friends?). If you can do one thing, book them for your wedding! Can't wait to go and see them perform locally!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2017

For the win is amazing! Our guests loved every minute of it. We heard from so many people how awesome the music was + everyone danced the entire event. Would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Brian · Married on 09/30/2017

Booking For the Win will be the best decision you make when planning your wedding! My wife and I are beyond happy with our decision and would absolutely hire them again in a heartbeat! Their lively and diverse set list along with Amanda and Ryan's energetic stage presence had everyone dancing non-stop. It was a true party! It has been 8 months since our wedding and we still have friends and family reminding us of how awesome the band was.

Apart from being incredible musicians and entertainers they were also great people to work with and showed the utmost professionalism. We experienced an unfortunate medical emergency during the reception, and Amanda and the entire band went above and beyond professionalism to offer comfort and support. Amanda really took control of the situation, and once everything was settled, the band was able to jump right back into the entertainment without missing a beat and the rest of the party went off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for being the rockstars that they are, making our wedding one amazing party!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Benjamin · Married on 09/23/2017

A Perfect Wedding Band

I retained this band for my son's wedding and was totally happy. They coordinated perfectly with the bride and groom's first dance, played outstanding dance sets, and even let the groom sing a number. A perfect wedding band!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Katherine · Married on 08/19/2017

There are not enough words to say how grateful I am for this band! They MADE my wedding day and all of my guests are STILL raving about how amazing and fun they made our party. For me, band was top 3 most important things about my wedding, and For The Win did not disappoint! There was a point where my husband and I looked around the room and not a single person was sitting down...they had everyone up & moving! They transitioned directly into the next song so everyone danced all the way until it was time to go and the songs they played really tailored to every age group! Hands down, best decision ever. Not to mention, the entire process leading up to my wedding was a piece of cake. Emails were returned same day, usually within a few hours, and we had a few calls throughout to touch base and make sure everyone was on the same page. THANK YOU, For The Win, for making our wedding so wonderful and memorable! We love you guys!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

For the Win made my wedding amazing! All of my guests were constantly saying how great they were and everyone had an amazing time. My wedding wouldn't have been the same without them. They were very easy to get in contact with and were very interested in what we wanted to make it that much better.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Paige · Married on 03/18/2017

We cannot say enough great things about For the Win! They played at our wedding and had everyone dancing the entire time. We're still receiving messages about how much fun people had. I recommend for any couple looking for a band to keep their party going all night!

Sent on 04/01/2017
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2019

Made Our Wedding the Best Party Ever

For the Win rocked out at our wedding. Everyone walked away saying it was literally the best band they had ever heard at a wedding and I had multiple engaged friends grabbing for business cards so they could hire for theirs. Nobody left the dance floor the entire time which is exactly what I wanted :) It was the best energy, best vocals, best instruments ever. I'm so glad I picked them for my wedding because I didn't want a traditional cookie-cutter wedding band that just played oldies all night. This band had everyone from my husband's grandmother to our closest friends on the dance floor and excited all night long. They even did an encore when everyone asked for one! There were a couple hiccups with following timeline and the recorded song my fiance and I walked into the reception to, but honestly only the groom and I noticed (nothing the guests would have ever noticed). I for sure wouldn't think twice about hiring them for your wedding if you want everyone to be on the dance floor at your reception. Thanks, For the Win!

Sent on 10/15/2019