Foot Candles Photography Reviews

30 | Benicia, CA

30 Reviews for Foot Candles Photography

Kevin · Married on 03/14/2015

The care and attention to detail we received from Amari and Madelynn made us feel like they were family to us! There was a slight miscommunication from our side in regards to one location where we wanted to be photographed, but Amari and Madelynn calmly made adjustments on the spot and produced shots that were better than what we envisioned. We could not have asked for a better experience in working with them. They helped make our wedding day truly special. Thank you, guys :)

James · Married on 02/21/2015

The team was energetic and professional.

Dina · Married on 10/04/2014

Foot Candles was amazing to work with from start to finish. They took the time to get to know us and our family so they could capture our perfect day.

Caleb · Married on 09/13/2014

Foot Candles is, hands down the best professional service I have worked with in years. Here's why:
    1. The quality of their photography is exquisite. Their photographs "hug" sunlight. Without gimmicks and set-up they use natural surroundings to capture the world as we experience it.
    2. Their professionalism is exceptional. They are always responsive and they are honest, fair, and straight-forward. This is not only with pricing, but scheduling and product delivery.
    3. They flat-out care. Clearly they love what they do, and the energy and enthusiasm pulls you into the moment.
    4. They come to you as if true family. As you work with them you come to learn who they are as not just a business, but as people. You invite them to capture an important moment in your life. I think they see this as significant, and create an atmosphere where you can be open by opening their lives to you.
    5. They do the extra. Not to be coy, but just when you feel thankful and satisfied, you discover they've gone above and beyond.

I could tell you I would recommend them to a friend (already have to several), I could say the cost was affordable (frankly, it was probably too low), but the best way I could express our satisfaction is to say that before Foot Candles, we never thought of hiring professional photographers outside of a wedding. Since working with them, we are planning events so we can work with them again.

Foot Candles Photography went above and beyond our expectations for wedding photography. We seriously could not have asked for better photographers for our wedding. Madelynn and Amari became like family to us, and during the busy day I felt so grateful to have them. They are incredibly responsive, caring, funny and professional. We felt so comfortable with them that we were able to truly be ourselves in the photos. The quality of their photography is exquisite; Amari has a true gift for using natural lights and capturing details. We've recommended them to friends and everyone we know (4 couples) who has used them absolutely LOVED them. They obviously love what they do and put their hearts into every piece of it. Hiring Madelynn and Amari to shoot our wedding was the BEST choice we made in planning our wedding.

Amber · Married on 04/05/2014

From the beginning to end, our experience with Madelynn and Amari was been beyond excellent! We instantly we felt comfortable with them and knew we had not only found extremely TALENTED photographers who were passionate and professional, but AMAZING people who would only add to the great energy we wished for our wedding, and that they did!

They far exceeded our expectations! Throughout the planning process we were extremely impressed with their responsiveness and expertise. They not only spent a great amount of time getting to know us, but also a great deal of energy familiarizing themselves with our wedding venue which was a playground of amazing scenery. The shoot location selections and light source that they had planned was gorgeous, stylish and was expertly choreographed in so many ways. Throughout the event they were smooth in maneuvering through the crowd. We've seen a lot of photographers, but none touch the essence of this dynamic team. We were blown away.

They were with us the entire day. When they weren’t discreetly capturing moments behind the corner (if you will) they were right there where the fun was going on. I don’t know how at all possible, but it seemed like they were everywhere they needed to be at exactly the right moment. Their passion for the art is evident in their outstanding work. It's only a month after our wedding and we've already received a stunning slideshow of the most amazing shoots from our wedding, which we more we more than LOVE. We have been smiling ever since we laid eyes on them as we got to relive our wedding in even a greater way by being present in the moments we could not have been.

They have such keen and artistic eyes. Not only did they capture so many special gems, our friends, family, and the subtle but rich details, but they also captured the essence and emotions of us and our special day. They are true artists. I give them my highest admiration and recommendation. Anyone would be so lucky to work with them.

They were both very helpful and are able to transform any place of your photo shoot to a beautiful piece of art! The way light and position is used from them is what makes FootCandles a unique way to do a photo shoot.

erika · Married on 10/26/2013

this is a great team! Pictures were great! Super friendly! Very flexible!

Keira · Married on 10/12/2013

I used Foot Candel Productions for my Wedding and I could not have been more please with the service and the photos they took. They are very professional and they are very attentive to the type of photos you want. My husband and I have huge families and Foot Candel where are able capture all the photos we wanted with our families, pluse much much more. I felt like a movie star they where there for the whole event begining to finish, including getting ready at the hair salon. I highly recommend Foot Candel Productions for your event.

latrell · Married on 10/09/2013

Foot Candles offers the best in capturing an important event such as a wedding. Every time I look at my photos it takes me back to that day. Each time I see something new that I didn't see before. They are a wonderful team, and helped make my special day... even that much more special

• W

Warrick · Married on 10/09/2013

Foot Candles Photography shot our wedding in Napa,CA in October 2013 and they were more than we could ever have expected!!!! We definitely recommend their services to anyone looking for fabulous memories that will last a lifetime.

Harvey · Married on 09/01/2013

Amari and Madelynn are the best. As the groom, I spent a surprising amount of time with just Amari the day of (during first look you're by yourself while waiting for the bride, getting ready photos, etc.) and it makes a world of difference to be comfortable with your photographer. Everyone thought they were very professional, and obviously the end results were gorgeous. Photography is one vendor you really, really have to do your due diligence and we couldn't be happier with the engagement photos, wedding day of and albums, and the overall interaction with Foot Candles. We've recommended them to friends already and no doubt will be using them one day again!

Sylvia · Married on 06/08/2013

I can't express what a wonderful job Amari and Madelyn did! Each time I look at our wedding photos it as if i'm back reliving the day. They captured so many aspects of a day I will always treasure. They caught so many special moments, people and details that I hadn't even
    realized I overlooked. I truly could not have asked for a better photographer or experience. I highly recommend Foot Candles Photography
    to anyone looking for wonderful people dedicated to making sure your special day is
    unforgettable!

This photographer couple was super fun to work with and very personal. Thanks guys!

Patrick · Married on 05/29/2012

Love the photos, thanks for the help with the wedding & also the great detail in post-production! Would definitely recommend!

Amari and Madelynn Kenoly are excellent photographers to work with--they are fun to be with, easy-going, flexible, and professional. Their desire to perfectly capture the important moments in your life will become clear to you as you communicate and work with them. I appreciate that they explained their values, how they work and why and made sure that we were all on the same page and had the same end goals before we made a commitment to each other. We felt well taken care of and the photos turned out great! :)

• W

Wenjie · Married on 12/10/2011

Amari and Madelynn were a pleasure to work with and really took care of us from the very beginning, meeting up with us for dinner to get to know us and really catering to what exactly wanted for our wedding pictures. They were much more than just photographers, they had a real interest in our story. Have highly recommended to our friends!

Joshua · Married on 11/20/2011

Foot Candles is amazing! I would highly recommend using them for all your photo needs!

Ariana · Married on 10/29/2011

Footcandles far exceeded our expectations. Madelynn and Amari make you feel like family from the moment you meet them. This dynamic duo works hard, has a lot of fun, and is perfectionistic while being flexible, which is a very rare combination. They listen to your preferences carefully while also bringing in their expertise. Since working with them on our wedding, they've become good friends to my husband and me, and I give them my highest respect and recommendation.

Matt · Married on 10/29/2011

From the start, my experience with Amari and Mad has been and continues to be beyond excellent. I randomly discovered them through my coworker, who is their family friend, and boy, am I glad that I did. They are the Batman and Robin of wedding photography. They went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding - meeting us beforehand and spending time with us to get to know us and our personalities, doing a pre-wedding shoot, being there from before we woke up until after the very last guest left on the day of our wedding, then doing a post-wedding shoot, working the crowd and getting the best shots, meeting each of our family members, always being in communication with us in a timely manner, paying attention to every detail, revising our wedding album several times until it was just perfect, and so much more.

I've been to a lot of weddings - around 100, and I've seen a lot of photographers, but none of them come close to this duo. They're smooth in maneuvering through a crowd, stylish in their shot selection, and superior in the quality of products they deliver. Trust me and the five friends I've referred them to after my wedding who say the same thing. If you want wedding photos that you felt are worth what you paid for, Footcandles is the way to go.

eric · Married on 06/08/2011

Amari and Madelynn make an excellent team. Their passion for the art is evident in their outstanding work. They are fun and flexible and enjoyed their sessions. I would recommend Foot Candles Productions to anyone in the Bay Area or even destination weddings. Our special event in Jamaica seemed more beautifully captured than we'd experienced... we are grateful and very pleased with all of our documented memories by Foot Candles.

Jana · Married on 06/08/2011

I had such an awesome experience with Amari and Madelynn of Foot Candles Productions! They had so many creative and unique ideas that truly captured the emotions of our special day. They were a ton of fun to be around and really added so much in making our day perfect!

Wilnea · Married on 05/28/2011

Madelynn and Amarri were great. They listen to our ideas and they were very accomadating. They are a fun couple to work with,very professional but not stuffy. We love our engagement photos.

Ann · Married on 05/21/2011

If you're looking for easy-going photographers, go to Amare and Madelynn. They are truly passionate about their work and it really shows. I loved the photos that they took of us both for our engagement and our wedding and look at them as pieces of art for all to see. I will definitely use them for maternity and family photos in the near future. They have a unique style and a great eye that goes beyond what you normally see. I am very very happy with their work and recommend them to any bride who wants cool, innovative photos!

• leilana1

leilana · Married on 09/05/2010

Foot Candles is the BEST!!! They did my boudior/engagement/and wedding photography. This husband and wife team are down to earth, professional and uniquely creative. I fell in love with my photos and Im amazed with thier unique photojournalistic styles.