Food For Thought Reviews

109 Reviews for Food For Thought

• Kimyata

Kimyata trujillo · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Food was delicious

The food was on time and fresh will recommend again to others

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Caterers

Thank you so much to Dana and her team for making our wedding a perfect day! Dana, Malik, and Izzy helped with everything leading up to our wedding and were super stars on the day of. I know we probably were not the easiest people to work with (crazy parents) but Dana and her team went out of the way to answer all the millions of questions we had. The food we had at our wedding was absolutely delicious. All of our guests raved how good and pretty the food was. I was also very impressed with all the servers and how the food was presented to our guests. I also wanted to give a huge shout out to Malik, who would check on our table and make sure that my husband and I were eating and drinking enough and just generally making sure that we were doing ok. I cannot recommend them enough for anyone hosting a party at their venues.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Elizabeth Walsh · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Choice We Made!

We used FFT for our two-day wedding celebration blending both American and Indian cultures. My spouse is also a foodie which made the stakes high but FFT was beyond accommodating and creative with the menu. We were very impressed with the taste and presentation from tasting to day of. All of our guests raved about the food! Erica was so nice to work with, very responsive and worked hard to make our vision a reality.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Amannda

Amannda C · Married on 07/19/2019

Fft at saic

Just had our reception at the SAIC ballroom 7/13/19 and everything was absolutely perfect. From the beginning of the planning process a year ago, Dana has been super helpful and available with all the questions/modifications we needed. I felt that FFT was more than just a catering company, at our specific venue, Dana and Malik took special care to organize the table arrangements/seating charts/decorations as we wanted. Everything flowed smoothly, from the cocktail hour to seated dinner, everyone was RAVING about the food! We also got late night food which was such a good idea, and delicious! The bar options were awesome too, and they give you tons of options to customize however you want. We even had a personal waiter who made sure my husband and I ate our dinner and served us drinks (which was AMAZING). We were allowed to keep all of our decorations in a secured office room and picked up everything a few days later without an issue. I truly enjoyed everything about our wedding at SAIC and didn’t want it to end! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Catering Experience

We had the most amazing experience working with Food for Thought for our wedding. Everything that they did for our wedding from the tasting, to the wedding walk through, and the day of was incredibly organized. Annie was willing to answer my countless e-mails. I heard from so many guest that the food was spectacular, the drinks were great, and all of the extra details were so special. I can't imagine any way that our experience could have been better. Food for Thought made our day amazing and I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Victoria · Married on 06/28/2019

Great food!

I was a bit nervous because when you book Adler, you have to use FFT. The monopoly made me nervous, but I got so many compliments on the food. The carving station was a huge hit in particular. Annie, our contact, was great to work with! Sper professional and prompt.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Tim Huelskamp · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutle delight to work with - constantly blew us away

We worked with FFT for our wedding at the Planetarium. They blew us away in every aspect. Their staff (Annie Schey was a goddess) are all over everything, always going the extra mile. Food was delicious, we received dozens of compliments. No-brainer decision to hire them again - they were a complete delght!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Hi Tim! Thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate the review! Congratulations! It is great to hear you and your guests enjoyed our services! We do our very best to accommodate to each and every request to ensure we create an unforgettable experience! Annie is one of our greatest assets at the Adler and has the attention to detail that allows her events to be really out of this world! Best to you and yours!

Moira Morphew · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfection

Working with Food for Thought was our best decision. We used them for caterering as well as for many of our rentals for our reception. The food was SO good. I have had the experience where wedding food isn’t always that tasty but we were blown away by how delicious everything was. Anna was a dream to work with. She was very responsive and accommodating to making sure we were getting exactly what we wanted for our wedding. We received so many compliments about how delicious the food was-which was so important to us. We had a fairly large wedding (about 260) and to prepare that many meals and still be delicious says something. We are so happy with our decision to use FFT and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Moira, Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are so happy that your special day was made so memorable with Food For Thought! We are fortunate to have Anna on our team! Her attention to detail, response time, and communication style creates an everlasting memory for her clients! The same communication is used with our kitchen staff to produce such perfect events with beauty and taste! We are so happy with your decision to use FFT and wish you the very best! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future!

Meghan · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Adler Planetarium, where Food For Thought is the exclusive vendor. We are so happy we were able to utilize them as the service of the staff, the setup of the room, and the food were all incredible. We never could have imagined that our wedding would be so perfect and FFT was the main reason for that. Working with Elyssa as our FFT sales consultant she made the entire process as easy as possible for us, providing us with help tips and suggestions in order to make sure our wedding was what we had hoped for. We can’t thank FFT and Elyssa enough for making our special day even more special then we could have ever imagined. We would definitely recommend FFT for anyone’s catering needs!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Meghan, Thank you so much for your review! We are so proud of our staff from kitchen to sales and their service they provide to make events like yours unforgettable! Elyssa is one of our greatest assets at the Adler Planetarium due to her fine attention to detail and really thinking it through for her clients and their guests! We are so happy to hear you were able to experience her expertise for your special day! Congratulations again! We wish you the very best in your marriage!

Deidrea · Married on 07/30/2018

I could not of dreamed up a better Caterer for my wedding! FFT was absolutely incredible to work with! From the first conversation, to the tasting and of course the big day they were amazing! Lorena was so flexible and always listened to concerns and questions. Having a complete custom menu was so special to me. I probably changed the menu a million times and Lorena was always so cool about it! I HIGHLY recommend FFT. Thank you for being such a huge part of making my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Hi Deidrea!

We are delighted to hear your wedding day was a dream come true! Lorena is one of our greatest assets when it comes to updates and really understanding your needs and creating a custom menu to exceed your expectations! It is great to hear you experienced the true FFT experience! We love making moments unforgettable!

Ryan · Married on 07/20/2018

My husband and I got married at the Adler Planetarium, for whom Food For Thought is the exclusive vendor. I was fairly apprehensive about having a proper, fancy wedding at first. It just didn't seem worth the cost or the effort. But I changed my tune pretty quickly after meeting Annie, our FFT sales consultant. She was charming, professional, and quick to respond to my inquiries. She was instrumental in keeping my head on straight throughout the entire planning process. The rest of the FFT staff was similarly awesome. And then there's the food! I've hated polenta my whole life, but those folks made me a believer. Multiple guests approached me at the reception to say, "That was the best steak I've ever had." Several of those guests were from Brazil; you know your red-meat game is on point when actual Brazilians start complimenting your steaks. Hats off to you, Food For Thought, and thank you for everything.
    And hey, if this marriage doesn't work out, I already know who to call to help plan my next wedding. ;)

Sent on 07/24/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Ryan, Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear your wedding was able to go off seamlessly. Annie is a star and knows all the ends and outs of The Adler! It is a beautiful venue and pairs well with amazing food. We love hearing about your polenta story, we are firm believers that anything is good when it is prepared correctly. We eat to live over here at Food For Thought! Sending all the best to You and Marco. Cheers to a long marriage and hoping we will see you next for an anniversary party ;)

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2018

FFT was simply wonderful to work with for my wedding. Lorena Kennedy was professional and very thorough. Our tasting was such an enjoyable experience. Lorena took the time to listen to our requests and nailed our menu!! The drink options were also outstanding. I had many compliments from our wedding guests on both the food and beverages on hand. The staff was friendly, fun, and helpful the day of the wedding. They also did a beautiful job with the table arrangements and place settings were lovely. I also love that FFT makes a point to be as locally sourced as possible and green. I would HIGHLY recommend working with FFT for your wedding!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Katherine, thank you for the review. We are so thrilled that you not only enjoyed your special day but also the time leading up to it. Lorena is a great asset on our team and it brings us joy to know that her Clients feel the same way. We do pride ourselves on our use of products that not only taste good but that do good! Weddings are stressful but the food is the best part! Congratulations again, wishing you all the best in your marriage.

Courtney · Married on 06/23/2018

Food for Thought was so accommodating throughout the whole wedding planning process. My husband and I got married on June 23rd, 2018, and we were able to create a custom menu that was tailored to both of us. Food for Thought did a great job incorporating my husband’s Cuban culture into the cuisine. Everyone from the venue coordinator to the service staff and food was incredible! Annie, at 19 East, helped to coordinate all the vendors coming in and helped with all of the small details. She was easy to work with, and was able to create our ideal day! I cannot tell you how many guests came up to me to comment how amazing the service staff was. The courses came out so quickly, which we asked for. Because of the outstanding service, we were able to be on the dance floor that much longer. Thank you Food for Thought! It was an amazing day!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

Lorena and the team at Food for Thought are accessible, flexible, professional, and downright wonderful to work with. Our wedding meals were absolutely delicious, we received so many compliments! The service and finishing touches were impeccable. Since our reception was on Cinco de Mayo, Lorena also helped us craft some fitting themes into the appetizers, snacks and desserts. You will eat well with this company!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Food For Thought's reply:

Katie, thank you for the review. We are so happy our service was as good as it looked. The photos from your wedding are simply stunning! Lorena makes it all look easy but behind the scenes she is always working hard to make sure her clients are happy and can thoroughly enjoy their special day. Wishing all the best to Phil and Yourself. We hope those shoes made it through the day - SO cute.

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Food For Thought was incredible to work with from start to finish. They created a fun and perfect tasting for us, went through many, many rounds of iterations with patience to create our perfect "stations" menu. They were really creative including items like pad thai in takeout boxes, elotes corn in mini skillets, and passed mini ice cream cones on a painter's pallete. Each station was amazing and so unique.
    They also helped customize specialty cocktails for us and helped advise on alcohol quantities. The whole process was fun, easy and stress-free.
    FFT truly made our wedding food dreams come true. So many guests told us how amazing and unique the food was. Would highly recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Food For Thought's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah. We love to hear when our clients have a great experience, stress free is the way to be! It is always so fun to hear about all the unique ideas your Sales Consultant made a reality. The creative process is one of our favorite parts! Bringing an idea to life whether it be through stations or entrees is what we are all about. Congratulations on your wedding, wishing You and Dan a lifetime of happiness!

Renata · Married on 10/14/2017

Dana, our sales rep was extremely easy to work with. She is a great listener, very responsive, helpful and available. The service was great and food was delicious. Very reasonably priced compared to the other competitors we researched. We highly recommend them! Just keep in mind that appetizers are just one bite size.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Tom · Married on 09/23/2017

I first want to say that anyone who is reading this looking for potential caterers for their wedding, this is the one you want. Food For Thought catered our wedding in September 2017 and they were absolutely amazing in every single way. From the food tasting earlier in the year to the service on our wedding day, everything was top-notch.

The passed appetizers and the main dishes were all delicious, and they were able to accommodate all of our little requests to ensure that everything was how we had envisioned. The food tasted just as good as it did during the tasting, which I'm sure is not always the case and not the easiest thing to accomplish when you are cooking dishes in bulk for large events such as weddings. Every single detail, from the temperature of the food to the professionalism of the staff and everything in between, was seriously perfect.

Kendall was so incredibly helpful every step of the way, and our experience with Food For Thought wouldn't have been the same without her. Again, if you are still unsure of which caterer to use for your wedding, we HIGHLY recommend using Food For Thought - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Courtenay · Married on 09/16/2017

Oh my gosh, where to start. Jody is THE best! She is so organized and always keeps on top of things for you. There were check in email to make sure we were on the same page, which made me feel comfortable through out the planning process. Chef Ann is awesome as well! My guests all said the food was phenomenal!! And the venue is just beautiful, outdoor and indoor are perfect places to have your special day. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Erin · Married on 09/16/2017

We had a great experience. My sales consultant was super personable, helpful with my many, many changes of decisions and the food was delish. We got so many compliments from our guests!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Jean · Married on 09/16/2017

First of all, the food is AMAZING. Everyone was raving over the appetizers, main course, and late night snacks from our wedding. (Get the bacon wrapped dates, guys. You're welcome). I need to give Lorena a shout out. She was so helpful, responsive, and organized! You can really tell that she loves what she does and cares about your event as much as you do. She felt like an old friend very quickly. I couldn't recommend Food For Thought more. (But seriously, get the bacon wrapped dates).

Sent on 10/10/2017

Barbara · Married on 09/02/2017

Food for Thought was our caterer for our wedding at The Adler Planetarium. I can't say enough good things about them! The food was fantastic, the staff was so attentive and Elyssa was a dream to work with!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Food For Thought's reply:

Barbara, thank you for the review. The Adler is a beautiful venue and we are lucky to be the exclusive caterer. So glad to hear your special day went well and Elyssa was there for you every step of the way!

Alexandra · Married on 08/19/2017

Food for Thought was great to work with and we highly recommend them. The food, service, presentation and everything else FFT provided was perfect and made our big day a hit. We are still getting compliments from guests about the food at the wedding! Prices were also reasonable and were either lower, or about the same as other companies we were looking at.

We worked with Lorena for our wedding at the South Shore Cultural Center this August. From the first point of contact with Lorena, she was extremely responsive and helpful. We had a certain meal style in mind, and we were having no luck being able to execute with other catering companies. Lorena worked closely, and patiently, with us to design our menu and it ended up working out exactly like what wanted! She was very helpful in providing her professional experience/opinions as well, when deciding between options when we weren’t sure what would work best, and was also great at providing insight into where we could save some money by doing one thing versus another. Lorena was focused on getting us what we wanted, not trying to push anything on us.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Brooke · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I got married in July of 2017 at 19 East and used Food for Thought, their exclusive Caterer. Kendall was our event coordinator and we could not possibly have had a more perfect wedding day from start to finish. Kendall was so amazing throughout the entire process - she was so genuine, thoughtful and kind, so willing to assist with anything we may need, and went above and beyond in giving advice that Brides need to hear leading up to their wedding day. The tasting we had with her was so memorable - she made it so fun and both of our parents had such a great time. Not only was Kendall a 5 star event coordinator, but 19 East is an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL venue! The food was out of this world as well. It was so hot and fresh, our friends are still raving about the food to this day (and most of our friends are Chicago "foodies"). I have had many relatives and friends recently engaged inquire about this Caterer and venue - and I could not be more pleased to recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Ana · Married on 07/22/2017

FFT did the catering for our wedding, which included about 175 people. Everything from start to finish was outstanding. Annie Schey was very responsive to all of our (very many) questions and emails, the food was amazing (and all allergies and dietary needs easily met), and the staff was outstanding. We could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Kevin · Married on 07/08/2017

In early March, Wolfgang Puck decided to abandon its wedding clients, disregarding our contract for my daughter’s wedding on July 8 and pulling out of Chicago. They blindsighted us. However, shortly after their disappointing announcement, I received an email from John Rudy, the vice president of catering for Food for Thought, offering his company’s assistance in picking up where WP left off. I’m very grateful for that email. Food for Thought turned out to be better than expected (and I’m sure better than WP would have been).

From our first encounter with John to the tasting and organizational work of Annie Schey, our sales consultant, to the night of the reception, the folks and food from Food for Thought were wonderful. Not only was their service impeccable during the reception, but their food was also delicious. Their chef and kitchen staff prepared gourmet appetizers, salads and entrées. In addition, they accommodated every complicated allergy and food request from our friends and family. Our guests kept complimenting us about how great everything tasted. In addition, they praised the courteous and attentive wait staff and bartenders for their quick service (no long wait for food and no long lines at the bars). Overall, I couldn’t have been more pleased.

I highly recommend Food for Thought to anyone planning a wedding reception filled with happy guests who enjoyed excellent food and service. It will make your evening even more special.

Kevin McCaffrey, Father of the Bride