Fog City Entertainment Reviews

25 | San Francisco, CA

25 Reviews for Fog City Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Mindy · Married on 08/02/2015

Fog City Entertainment provided us with a DJ named Sonny Garcia. He was excellent!!!! He did a great Chicago Bulls impersonation when announcing our wedding party for our wedding. He worked hard the whole night, taking requests and playing music to accommodate a variety of cultures and age groups. He made my wedding spectacular!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Sally · Married on 06/13/2015

Picking Fog City was probably one of the best choices I made. They provided my DJ, photo booth, and day of coordinator. As it got close to my wedding day, it was clear that having those linked would allow things to go more smoothly since they had all worked together before. Mike, the head of the company even came out of my wedding day to make sure things ran smoothly.

Sonny was my DJ and he was amazing. It's rare to have a wedding during which the dance floor gets empty for a song or two, but he pulled it off. We gave him a list of songs we liked and he put together a great mix that was reflective of our taste and well suited to keep the party going. Many of our guests told me how great the music was and people didn't want to leave when the wedding ended.

Stacey was my Day of Coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with. As we talked leading up to the wedding, it was clear that she understood what was and wasn't important to me. That allowed me to truly enjoy my wedding day because I knew she would make sure that the wedding I had envisioned became reality. It all went off much more smoothly than I expected and I have Stacey to thank for that.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Kerry · Married on 08/18/2012

Fog city nad in particlular Sonny Garcia really set the tone for my duaghter's wedding. You always want ot leave your guests wanting the party to go on and that exactly what Sonny did for us. From set up to take down, professional, kind and truly invested in the success of our special day. Mike and his team are reliable and truly know their business. Thank you will never be enough!
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Ashley R.

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2012

I found Fog City through the wonderful reviews on WW. As a result, I booked them and the DJ Sonny Garcia as my wedding DJ. He and the coordinator, Mike, helped my wedding day go so smoothly! It was absolutely perfect. I also went them for an uplighting package as well as a monogram package. Sonny is absolutely awesome! He did everything perfect and was the best DJ I had ever. I loved him and you will absolutely not regret choosing Sonny and Fog City!!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • Agata

Agata · Married on 06/09/2012

We were so happy with our DJ choice from Fog City, Sonny Garcia, because he made our reception so much fun! He did an amazing job at reading the crowd to choose which style of music to play next. He had all of our guests out on the dance floor, young and old; me and the groom had a wonderful time dancing, too, and we were so sad when the music was over! Sonny had us complete forms so he could have all the music ready for our big day, which made our reception run smoothly. We can't thank Sonny and Fog City enough for making our wedding reception such a big hit!

Sent on 06/29/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/24/2011

Fog City Provided me with a wonderful string quartet and keyboardist who played at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I had to send them the music selections 2 weeks in advance and they also learned two songs for my ceremony. They were great! They got to the wedding did played wonderfully - knew exactly what times to play the music during the ceremony and when to fade it out. They needed little direction and were awesome.
    The DJ I used through Fog City was Ashley Good and she DJd our reception. She was fabulous. I talked to her over the phone 2 times and sent her the paperwork she needed and she came, set up herself, MCd the reception and did a wonderful job! Our dance floor was packed for the entire wedding. She really knew how to keep the party going and all of our guests commented on how great the music was.

Sent on 10/14/2011

L · Married on 05/29/2011

Sonny is the bomb. He's super friendly and accommodating and just a joy to be around. The music at our wedding was awesome and he even made us this cute little video at the end.

Sonny = A + music vendor!!! Not to mention just a really nice person.

Fog City was really easy to work with. Mike was really accommodating and organized. Everything went off without a hitch!!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Nam-Phuong · Married on 08/14/2010

I highly recommend Sonny! He was so professional and he really helped us out on our wedding day. We only had him for 4 hours but he came early and played music for us during our cocktail hour and dinner bc the restaurant's system was having issues. Sonny MADE the party! All our guests had such a great time and couldn't get enough!

I highly recommend Fog City and definitely ask for Sonny!

Sent on 09/07/2010
  • Alycia

Alycia · Married on 06/12/2010

Fog City was easy to work with, responsive to our needs and requests, and provided a night to remember. Thank you to owner, Mike, for providing us with the most amazing and talented DJ, Sonny Garcia! He was always available for a meeting or phone conversation to go over details and provide recommendations. Our guests were extremely impressed with Sonny's demeanor, professionalism, friendliness, and extensive music selection. We would book Fog City, particularly Sonny, again for any future event in a heartbeat. Thank you!

Sent on 07/25/2010

kate · Married on 09/06/2009

Planning our Clayton wedding was frustrating; I was living in Honolulu and had to research all of my vendors on the internet. Needless to say this was difficult because of the time difference and the fact that some businesses didn't check their emails....then I found Ashley Good with Fog City Entertainment.
    I scheduled a meeting with Ashley when I was able to return to the Bay Area. What impressed me with Ashley was that she was no dummy - I believe she was going to medical school and came across as extremely intelligent and driven. This put me at ease, because I did not want to have a cheap, cookie cutter DJ at our wedding. She was also so fun and likeable; she didn't rush the meeting, offered suggestions, LISTENED, and even sketched out a rough draft of the night?s itinerary. Her confidence allowed her winning personality to shine through without forcefulness (another really important quality for a DJ)!
    The day of she was PROMPT and relaxed - her calm nature rubbed off on me and allowed us to sail through the day with no worries. Of course she played everything we wanted, checked in with us throughout the evening, and even made us a CD keepsake of our songs. Cool! My friends even told me that she stayed and played even after guests were leaving to fulfill her contract.
    When I look back on my wedding planning, she is the first person I think of. Thanks so much Ashley and Fog City!

Sent on 10/25/2009

sarah · Married on 04/18/2009

JOE ROMAGNA is amazing. He really did everything perfectly, played everything we wanted and nothing we didnt. i will refer Joe to anyone. he was laid back and let us really do what ever we wanted, he got all the names correct and he was very helpful! i will totally be working with joe again! thanks joe!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Malia · Married on 08/31/2008

Mike Santillian was great

Sent on 10/05/2008

Cynthia · Married on 08/09/2008

We recommend that you get Ashley Good. She worked with us before and after and came up with a danceable mix that had everyone on his feet.

Sent on 02/13/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2008

Russ was our DJ for our wedding, and he did an absolutely fantastic job. From our first meeting with Russ, we knew that we wanted him to be our DJ - he is friendly, energetic, and extremely experienced. Russ met with us multiple times, was very easy to communicate with, and he was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. He not only worked with us to create a great playlist for the reception, he also helped us with the entire reception timeline - something that we could not have done on our own! He worked very well with our reception site's coordinator, and he was extremely organized.

We got so many compliments from our guests about the music at the wedding - in fact, one of our guests wanted the playlist from our reception to give to her daughter who is currently planning her own wedding! When I didn't have a copy of the playlist, Fog City was able to get it for me immediately. This is a great company, and I highly recommend their services - especially Russ!

Sent on 11/10/2008
  • estrine

Emily · Married on 04/11/2008

Russ was awesome. He followed our picks closely and the music was awesome. He also was good at mixing in other types of music to bring the different groups back and forth to the dance floor. He was quick to add songs from your request list and was reasonably priced.

Sent on 07/24/2008

h · Married on 02/13/2016

Very professional and accommodating. Highly recommended. Well worth the cost as they kept the party going.

Sent on 02/16/2017

Maryanne · Married on 10/21/2009

Great DJ!!! I have never seen people get up so fast to dance. He really kept everything going and everyone on the dance floor. Would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/07/2010
  • O

vlada · Married on 08/31/2007

I worked with Russ, he was extremely professional and responsive and flexible. WE had a crowd from all over the world and we were worried they wouldn't be dancing. Well, thanks to Russ our dance floor was packed the entire night. He made sure the entire night was completely worry free. I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/14/2008

Jamie · Married on 07/16/2011

Worked easily with our caterer, operated smoothly and didn't get in the way while we were focused on our big day. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/01/2011

casey · Married on 09/04/2010

These guys did a good job and the price was reasonable. There was an extensive list of songs that we went over ahead of time, which made them seem very professional. They also provided karaoke. My one request of them was not to say much. I didn't want the DJ saying crazy things over the mic or trying to do games or whatever. I wanted them to just play music and they did. It was nice.

Sent on 10/03/2010

Sonia · Married on 10/14/2007

Fog City Entertainment was a good choice for us. Russ, our DJ, met with us personally and provided a comprehensive planning notebook for us to review and to use to communicate to him our music choices and the show flow for the evening. Russ has extensive experience and is very professional, as well as a great Emcee. His prices were right also.

Sent on 05/04/2008

brooke · Married on 09/26/2008

3.5

Russ was the DJ at our wedding in Napa a few weeks ago. He was fabulous -- professional, courteous and knowledgeable.
    We enjoyed working with him from the beginning -- we knew we wanted someone who was low-key, not a grand-stander. He was quickly able to understand our tastes in music and expectations for the evening.

Russ worked well with our wedding day coordinator and also gave us some good suggestions on how to adjust our timeline to make the event flow seamlessly.

He really knows his stuff and is able to read a crowd. Very good at keeping people dancing. He also was on the microphone very little selectively making announcements only when necessary. We also wanted to do the anniversary dance instead of the typical bouquet toss and he had some great music selections for that dance to kick off the evening.

Overall, we really enjoyed working with Russ and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/14/2008

Andrea · Married on 09/23/2006

3.5

The DJ was great - the music was perfect. They only played what we wanted - a big concern for us.

Sent on 11/16/2007

3.5

The entertainment is what we expected and a good value for what we paid for the DJ could've used some work when it comes to keeping a crowd on the floor but the music was good and I felt that he did a good job and would recommend them possibly I would choose a different venue for the next party I do.

Sent on 12/24/2014

Julia · Married on 08/04/2012

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      1.5
      3.0
      2.0

The DJ was very hard to get a hold of. I provided our song list multiple times and he never seemed to remember receiving it. I felt like he didn't listen to what we wanted and how we wanted the event to go after repeated instructions. The worst was that he played an AWFUL version of the processional song we requested - he chose a random live recording with screaming at the beginning which made all our guests jump, rather than the beautiful, very well known studio recording. Horrible. Stressful to work with before the event.

Sent on 11/20/2012