28 Reviews for Focus on Video & Photography

Multi. Cameras (1)
Raw Footage (1)
Digital Download (1)
26 Focus on Video & Photography Reviews

Focus on photography is definitely the one to go to. His package includes everything from your engagement photos, love story, over 12 hrs of video and photography coverage on your wedding day etc at a very affordable cost. Bernard and his team are very patient and work with you. The go out of their way to make your event memorable. We had a pre wedding and Bernard was there to take photos even tho it wasn't included in his package. I gave them 5 star because they are definitely the best

Profile Picture Miriam, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Bernard was simply amazing. His professionalism and expertise from love story to the wedding. He was like part of family and the fact he was a christian and kept calming tense situations helped a lot. I would definitely recommend him to anyone

Profile Picture Osy, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I feel this company did an excellent job and I would use them again on other events I may have..they was on time and very professional. I will also tell my friends and family about them..

Profile Picture shannon, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

My husband and I had an awesome experience with Focus on Video Productions. From the filming of our love story video to our wedding ceremony, Mr.McRae exhibited professionalism and courtesy. He also welcomed our feedback on elements that we wanted included or excluded in our videos in order to make our videos personalized to our liking. I would highly recommend Focus on Video Productions to any couple that wants unique, yet affordable videography for their special day!

Profile Picture Melba, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My wife and I would definitely recommend Focus on Video & Photography to anyone looking for a videographer for their special day. We were nothing but satisfied with their services. We did not use their photography due to already having one that came with the venue. You would never know it though because Eugene worked hand and hand with our photographer and caught more sentimental moments throughout our wedding than the photographer did. My wife's Dad passed away about four years ago and Focus on Video was able to capture the tribute and intertwine it into the Highlight video so nicely. Moments like that can never be replaced, and we are so thankful that we have it to cherish in the years to come. The price was very affordable especially with all that there is to pay for when planning a wedding. There were no hidden fees. Our videos were ready in 6 weeks online as promised. We were able to easily share our videos online via Facebook, email, and even through text message...which made our families happy :) Oh and how can I forget, the video quality and sound was exceptional! There was no fading in and out of sound, our vows were heard clearly (they attached a mic to me). Lastly, as they advertised they had a drone which captured the beautiful landscape at our venue. We thank Focus on Video for all they have done, and hope anyone else that chooses this company is able to receive the top notch service as we did.

Profile Picture James, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Bernard was fantastic! I couldn't really articulate what I wanted our wedding video to be like, but Bernard was able to make it perfect. All my wedding guests agreed after watching the hi light video that he captured the night perfectly. He was not shy about telling people to do this and that to get the right scenes/shots and that is what I wanted. I didn't want any moments missed. Bernard even prevented catastrophe! He met us at the hotel to do prepping shots and on the way out the door to the chapel, he asked if I got t my dress!!! My Dress!! Everyone in the wedding party and myself forgot my wedding dress and Bernard saved us. Could not have asked for a better Videographer! Thanks Bernard!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
2.6

Initially, Bernard was great. He offered a fair price, was friendly, I liked the samples of his work that I found online, and he was willing to do a couple interview prior to our wedding. The day of, Bernard was great too. On time, friendly, professional, and seemed to work well with the photographer we had hired. Afterward is when things got sketchy. The video was not ready when he said it would be, with no communication to that effect. When I emailed him to inquire, he apologized and said it would be ready the following week. No problem. When I got the video, I really liked the way he had put the different segments together, but, although he had asked me for my song selections, he had used remixes of the songs I had requested, and one of the songs was completely wrong. In addition, the volume of the music was so high that it really competed with our interview sections, with the speeches during dinner, etc. I called Bernard and asked him to fix the video and remove the wrong song that he used-- it was the "International Players Anthem" by UGK-- who wants that in their wedding video?? Anyway, he was friendly and willing to make the change. He asked me for another song selection-- I gave it to him. On this revision, he used the wrong song again, and turned the volume down so much you could hear all of the ambient noises occurring in the event. In addition, the video was choppier and there were portions with no background music at all. The revision was worse than the original. I told him this, and just asked him to send me the video without music, and I would just do the music myself. He declined and said that the video was property of the studio. He said he could not continue to re-edit the video without additional cost. Why should I pay you more money to do what you said you would do originally? The final version is again worse than the first and each time the video was received late. You get what you pay for I guess. I would not use him again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6877356, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I highly recommend Focus On Video! Bernard is extremely talented and gifted in putting together beautiful wedding videos. He and his crew were a pleasure to work with from the very beginning -- professional and responsive. On the day of my daughter's wedding, they came early and stayed late. I didn't even notice them filming during the wedding or reception, yet they managed to completely capture the feeling of the day and help to preserve one our our most precious memories in a beautiful video. I can honestly say, that deciding to hire a videographer was a last-minute decision, but was probably one of the best decisions we made for our daughter's wedding! Thanks so much, Bernard!

Sandi Mc.

Profile Picture Sandi, 3/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Storytelling, DVD, Digital Download, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Highlight Video

Focus on Video & Photography did a wedding for one of my family members and I loved it; so I inquired to video my wedding. I contacted Bernard I believe it was two weeks before my wedding (talk about last minute!). He was available (that God!) and graciously accepted and we were on our way. From beginning to end Bernard was always in touch. He was always professional, polite and patient. He listens to what you want and will exceed your expectations. His prices are competitive and has packages available to choose from that are within your budget. I highly recommend Focus on Video & Photography.

Profile Picture NICOLE, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Traditional, DVD

Focus on Video and Photography did an amazing job capturing our complete love story. Bernard, the videographer, was very attentive to our wants and captured every aspect of not only our wedding day but moments leading up to our nuptials. We were very pleased with the final product(s). The "Love Story" video is definitely a bonus to the wedding package which also included a highlight video and the full ceremony. We were able to share the "Love Story" video prior to the wedding day which definitely built up great anticipation for all. On the day of our wedding, Bernard was there from start until finish. He was able to capture us getting ready, the ceremony and every part of the reception. We were definitely happy with the work and we highly recommend his services to those looking for this awesome touch to an already memorable day.
-The Hamilton's

Profile Picture Kelsi , 1/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: DVD, Cinematic, Documentary, Storytelling, Highlight Video, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception
4.7

It was a pleasure having Focus for my wedding. Videography & Photography are extremely important on wedding day. I especially enjoyed how caring the team was. The package I purchased was of greater value compared to other vendors.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Mr. McRae was wonderful! We love the video(s) he provided, and he was professional, inconspicuous during the event and reasonably priced. I have watched the video so many times - I just love how he captured the sentiment of the day. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Michele, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: DVD, Highlight Video, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling

Focus-On-Video Production was a true blessing to my new husband and I!!! Bernard went above and beyond to make everything a memorable experience. He provided us with a video prior to the wedding about our love story and it was so beautiful. On the wedding day, he made sure to capture every detail. He provided us with a highlight video on our 1 month anniversary!!! I can't say enough great things about Bernard! You won't be disappointed with his services!

Profile Picture Takasha, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Bernard is awesome to work with! We really appreciate everything that he did to make our day special! He also provided us with a video for how we met during our engagement session! The video was so nice and we can't wait to see our wedding video!

Profile Picture User5476315, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

The videographer team from Focus on Video & Photography were amazing. They were punctual, professional, and really captured the essence of our special day. They were also very affordable and worked with us to make sure we were happy in the end. Bernard McRae, is whom my husband and I worked with mainly. When we received our DVDs, we were overwhelmed. The audio and video quality were perfect. The editing and music were tastefully done. My husband and I would recommend Focus on Video & Photography for any special event. You will not be disappointed, because they love what they do and have a passion for making your special day even more special.

Profile Picture Erica, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Very professional. Could not have ask for a better photographer and videographer on my wedding day. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Profile Picture Ereka, 9/28/14, 1 Review
1.8

The company was very hard to get in contact with before and after the ceremony. Our photographer was outsourced but at the same time she was wonderful. We were told that our photos would be edited…….my bridesmaids had on purple dresses…in many of my photos the dress look BLUE. Our DVD was completed within 8 weeks time; which was awesome since we were so anxious to see it. My husband and I would have gladly waited until editing was COMPLETE before receiving our video. We received a total of 3 DVD’s in all and each one has a technical defect. For instance back ground noise and skipping/pausing during our entrance into the reception, you can hear the photographer/videographer talking. During those moments music could have simply been added. I am embarrassed to show my video to friends and family and they hear my husband and myself taking direction as if we are cast in a movie….”Ok, now kiss. Let’s do the fake bouquet toss for the camera, run slow when they light the sparklers!”

Our photos were uploaded to a site called Smugmug where we could view them and then choose several that could go in a photo album. It would have been nice to receive a CD with all the photos that were on the site….instead we received about 500 photos on disk when we had a total of 929…yes I know the number. With our wedding being in September and we received our Thank you’s in February I really didn’t see the point in sending them out to guest. To much time had past.

As far as recommending this company…proceed at your own risk. Remember it is YOUR day. If you want to dance with guest and make funny faces at your husband instead of standing outside for candid photo’s with your husband that you won’t receive….DO IT!!!! Make sure to have a list of “must have” photos or you will not have any of the whole bridal party……one of my many regrets!!!! I don’t even have a photo with my SON!!! And it was one of my must haves!

Profile Picture April, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We planned our wedding from overseas so it was important to us that our videograpeher communicate well with us. I will say that Bernard was extremely quick and helpful during our email correspondence as well as our phone calls. We were pleased to see that he captured the major highlights of our ceremony, reception and departure. The music selection was very appropriate & flowed well with the different scenes in our wedding video. The sound was clear (wireless mics provided by the DJ!) & the picture looked great. We liked the calligraphy writing for the titles & the credits. On a not so great note, there were no interviews/well wishes from our wedding guests! This was something that was really important to us & we thought we conveyed that to our videographer. We had a small wedding party and a small guest list & we really wanted the videographer to get some great well wishes on film from our guests especially during the relaxed cocktail hour before our reception. We were a bit disappointed to not hear any well wishes from our guests. We also really wanted to capture both mine and the groom's entrances to the venue location. We truly rushed getting ready to make it to the venue by the proposed time but our videographer was not there to capture our entrance. That was a bit disheartening as we did look forward to that moment...hopefully, our photographers were able to capture it on film. Even though everything was not perfect, we would still reccomend this videographer to friends who need one. We appreciate his obvious work ethic & his professionalism. Thanks again for being apart of our special day.

Profile Picture Jill, 12/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I threw a 40th wedding anniversary party for my parents and Focus on Video was incredible. They provided both the perfect video for the event and beautiful photographs of the party. I give them my highest possible recommendation for professionalism and incredible value for the quality of the services they provided. One of the best vendors I've ever used, and I wish I had known them when I did my own wedding!

Profile Picture G, 8/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Thank you so much!!!! It was a pleasure we will definitely refer you to everyone

Profile Picture Tenesha, 7/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I am writing this review to extend my sincerest appreciation to FocusOnVideo Productions for capturing our wedding experience and translating it into a story of love that we have to share FOREVER. This married duo was so professional and very accomidating to all of our preferences. They got to know very well given the short time we had together, since this was a surprise gift to my husband and I; and our wedding video really expressed "our couple style" from start to finish. We still look at our wedding footage TODAY and get goosebumps, it feels like reliving a movie of one of the greatest days in our lives so far.

I would highly recommend this company to all brides & grooms looking for amazing wedding videography, that will truly capture the essence of this magical day. Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed.

Thank you so much again to Mr & Mrs Bernard McRae!!! I can't wait to watch our video again on 1yr anniversary this August :-D
- Mrs. Amanda Allen (6/29/12)

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I found Focus-on-video from an internet search after my original videograper cancelled on us a few weeks before our wedding. What a Blessing!!!!! It was great working with Focus-on-video! The staff was very professional and a pleasure to work with! Our questions and concerns where address timely! The HD video of our wedding and reception is AWESOME and it was delivered timely! I highly recommend Focus-on-video!!!

Profile Picture Veronica, 6/26/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Swift to response. Answered my questions with details. Met with my daughter and her groom as scheduled and "love story" was awesome. Punctual for event and very patient with family and guests. I enjoyed the event and I appreciate that the vendor did not cause me any anxiety whatsoever. Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Cannot wait to receive all the footage.

Profile Picture Eno, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding video!!! Focus On Video did a fantastic job on the dvd...the music, the organization of the video....just everything was high quality! We were also impressed with the music Bernard chose to go with the dvd...it just fit perfectly! We cry everytime we watch it!!

We will surely recommend you to friends and family!!

Thanks again,

Mr and Mrs House

Profile Picture Sara, 5/10/09, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Vendor provided EXCELLENT service! Our video really told the story! Extremely professional company....they make you want to do it all over again! My husband and I highly recommend Focus-On-Video, they were truly heaven sent.

Profile Picture Chandria , 5/26/07, 1 Review