Flying Horse Ranch Reviews

43 Reviews for Flying Horse Ranch

• Lacy

Lacy R. · Married on 12/09/2020

Double the Beauty

I recently had the pleasure work as a vendor at the Flying Horse Ranch in Larkspur. I just had to jump on here and give a shout out to this incredible venue because it's EXCEPTIONAL in so many ways. It's close to town, but you'll feel like you've escaped to a luxury ranch (because you have!)

There are endless beautiful spaces to accommodate your every need. We found ourselves saying, "WOW!" every time we walked into another room, and when we stepped outside and took in the views.

All of the above makes it easy to give Flying Horse Ranch a 5-star review. But what motivated me most to give this review is the beauty you'll find in the people who work there. Wedding coordinator, Michele Hagood is EXCEPTIONAL!

We arrived before noon for set up and returned around midnight, post-reception, to pick up our marquee letters, and of course Michelle was there the entiiiiirrrre day. Yet both times, she and the members of her team greeted us with such warmth and enthusiasm. They were never too busy to greet us or to stop what they were doing to answer a question. You'd think this is the norm. After all, people pay good money for venues and event planners. As someone who works with many of both, let me tell you Michelle Hagood is the cream of the crop!

We were on-site a few hours before and after the event and so we watched from a distance as she and her team worked their magic. We watched as she greeted every guest and every vendor as if they were the most important part of her day. We were there long enough to realize it wasn't an act. She clearly loves what she does and loves people.

She's mastered handling stress as we observed her and her team deal with one pretty big "crisis" when the arch chosen for the wedding crumbled. She didn't flinch. They just kept moving and with smiles on their face and before you knew it, there was a gorgeous arch ready to receive the bride and groom. All the while she and her team never dismissed anyone who interrupted their crisis management with questions of their own. So impressed, we talked about the beauty of the venue and Michelle all the way back to Parker.

Weddings are meant to be magical, yet often come with a lot of details and stress coordinating so many moving parts. Which is why I strongly recommend putting your wedding day dreams into the hands of The Flying Horse Ranch and Michelle Hagood. If you're shopping venues for a wedding, you're already in love, but I guarantee you'll fall in love again with this venue and the pros who work there.

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Karen

Karen M. · Married on 10/03/2020

Rustic AND elegant Venue

My daughter wanted a rustic wedding that was also elegant. Flying Horse Ranch knocked it out of the park. Their wedding show was invaluable to us because we were able to find most of our vendors before COVID shut everyone down. The day of the wedding was seamless. Flying Horse's coordinator, Michelle, and her staff, did absolutely everything, down to the most minute detail allowing us to enjoy the day. The venue was gorgeous and spacious. We used the indoor room for the ceremony and the "barn" and patio for the reception. Dancing on the patio was the perfect way to end the night. I cannot say enough good things about Flying Horse Ranch. You will not regret choosing this venue for a wedding.

Ryan M. · Married on 09/06/2020

Best venue imaginable

FHR and specifically Meghan and Michelle were the best choice for our wedding. Hands down top notch service and professionalism; I recommend them for anyone getting married!

Barbara M. · Married on 08/22/2020

Perfect Backdrop to a Perfect Day

Our daughter has a vision of an "elegant barn wedding" and after touring several options, knew she had found exactly what she wanted when she and her then fiance visited Flying Horse Ranch (FHR) . A week later, I flew to Colorado to see FHR, and we were excited to sign a contract for August 22, 2020 which was just over a year away. One of the many appealing features of this beautiful venue was that there were MANY , large, indoor and outdoor spaces for ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing (meaning we could move things inside in case of inclement weather). Little did we know when we mailed "Save the Dates" in January 2020 just how important that would be as the year unfolded.

Planning a wedding is busy and stressful enough, but add COVID to the picture and multiply that by 100! There were months when we didn't know if we could have a wedding of any size, but our Bride and Groom soon decided that even if they could only have their immediate families, they would get married on August 22 at Flying Horse Ranch. That way, their pictures would still be what they had envisioned, even if there weren't many guests there to experience it.

We let Megan at FHR know that we would still be coming on August 22 and stayed in constant contact with her as State and County variances were approved. She was always honest with us, but also kept looking for ways to say "YES", even when many were saying "No". We set up tables that could seat up to 8 with just four guests, all vendors wore masks, the venue installed handwashing stations and sanitizer around the property, we set up more chairs than guests at the ceremony so everyone could space out. After Megan shared an idea, we had Green, Yellow and Red bracelets to let each guest show his/her comfort level.

While haze from the Wildfires obscured the mountains normally seen from Flying Horse Ranch, and we had only about half of the guests originally invited, we all had a spectacular, beautiful wedding day (with ceremony, cocktail and dancing all outside...the latter under a starlit night) which we will remember in our hearts forever! Flying Horse Ranch was the perfect backdrop to a perfect day in the midst of a crazy year! Thank you, Megan and team!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2020

Wonderful experience!!

Flying horse was amazing! They were all hands on deck, accommodating, our day of coordinator (Michelle) was literally a God Sent and had everything planned and coordinated! She reached out to all of our vendors , put together a precise timeline and was simply amazing! We were very thrilled with her! Not to mention it poured rain and in the pictures below our barn was our BACKUP location! Still SO beautiful!

Sent on 07/18/2020
  • Holly

Holly P. · Married on 06/19/2020

Awesome venue

Holly H. This venue was fantastic....they were very accommodating especially with Covid and the issues that come along with it. Megan with Flying Horse Ranch was informative helpful and on the day of the wedding calm and efficient. The venue has many options to choose from and the outdoor space for dancing made our wedding so memorable!! Yes its a drive to get there but so worth the time, money and effort!!! I'm thankful our first venue didn't work out. Flying Horse Ranch made our Wedding day perfect. Highly recommend them!

Andrea S. · Married on 06/11/2020

Absolutely amazing!!!

We had our wedding in late July at the Flying Horse Ranch and we will never be able to say enough positive things about this place and the staff. First of all such an incredibly beautiful and versatile venue. We loved being able to have our ceremony, dinner, and reception in all different areas, but have the convenience of not leaving the venue. We got so many compliments on the beauty and uniqueness of this place and the amazing staff, which brings me to the next point. Wow you cannot have a more AMAZING staff than this place has. When finding the venue, meeting with Megan was so great, she is so easy to talk to and work with and it made us so excited to choose this spot as our venue! Finally, MICHELLE was our coordinator and she will never know how incredibly wonderful she made our day! She is the kindest, sweetest person and takes all the worry out of your day so you can just truly be in the moment and enjoy every bit of it! She was always there to answer any questions, easy to communicate with and always understanding during the planning process as well. Michelle you are the BEST and we cannot say enough good things about you!!! We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Flying Horse Ranch!!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Jourdan

Jourdan L. · Married on 12/07/2019

Jourdan walker

This venue was gorgeous and the staff was friendly, courteous, and fun. Both my coordinators participated during the wedding and made this special day that much better.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/25/2019

Perfect Venue!

I always knew I wanted to have a wedding in a barn and when I started researching Flying Horse Ranch was the first venue that caught my eye and was the only venue we went and looked at and immediately fell in love! The place is stunning and so well maintained. The staff there was incredible, so friendly, accommodating and professional. Always on top of things and did everything to make sure we had the most perfect day. Our day of coordinator, Michelle was a rockstar! We had no worries, she handled everything and made sure our day went smoothly. She is also so genuine and truly loves what she does and it shows! I truly love this venue and having our wedding there was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Shelli

Shelli · Married on 09/07/2019

Highly recommend this venue!

We had our wedding at Flying Horse Ranch in September and it felt like a dream! This venue is stunning. Michelle was hands down the best coordinator we could’ve ever had. She was so organized, quick to respond to all my questions, very accommodating and coordinated our wedding so well. We LOVED having our wedding here and would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Megan · Married on 08/30/2019

Excellent service, beautiful venue!

Loved our wedding at Flying Horse Ranch. The Ranch Staff were amazing, they coordinated our event beautifully and handled the contract professionally. Their recommended vendors were excellent and we had a great event!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Tess L. · Married on 07/19/2019

Flying Horse Ranch was a dream come true!

My husband and I had our reception at Flying Horse Ranch and it was a dream come true. The staff made the planning process fairly painless, I felt well prepared for what the day had in store and I knew our wedding coordinator, Taylor, would have every detail just how I imagined it to be. Every person who attended our wedding said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and they were all stunned by the venue. I wouldnt change a thing about our wedding!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Sydney

Sydney L. · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly recommend! You Won't Regret It!

The entire team at Flying Horse Ranch was amazing and so helpful, I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day and Michelle was so on top of all the pre-planning and organization. They are all very knowledgeable about caterers/vendors and helped steer me in the right direction so I could save time that would otherwise be wasted researching each one and gave helpful tips to find what I was looking for. Most importantly, Michelle was very tolerant of my mom's 1000 questions on a daily basis and handled "momzilla" very well lol!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Kelly J. · Married on 06/28/2019

Best. Day. Ever!

The venue is stunning, both inside and out. This was important to us as we wanted an outdoor ceremony, but knew we might have to contend with rain, and it was important to have the indoor 'backup plan' be just as lovely as the outside. Furthermore, the staff at the venue are the most pleasant, helpful people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. They were always helpful, never intrusive, accommodated every request, and were friendly and professional at the same time. Michelle is the greatest wedding coordinator who has ever lived and if you think you are perfectly capable of self-coordinating and want to go without (which is what I thought), don't do it and hire Michelle instead! For a day that I will remember for the rest of my life, this was the perfect place and I would choose it again without hesitation.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Elisa B. · Married on 06/22/2019

Great service and gorgeous venue

Our experience with Flying Horse Ranch was wonderful! The staff was very helpful, professional and easy to work with. They were very flexible with me when we had issues with guest counts during the planning process. The planning process was easy and they were great resources when we had questions or concerns The team was great on our wedding day. Everything flowed smoothly and our wedding was perfect! Would highly recommend getting married at Flying Horse Ranch! The venue is beautiful and the staff are amazing!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Emily · Married on 05/26/2019

Exceeded my Expectations

I chose the Flying Horse Ranch because of the staff. The venue is gorgeous, the scenery is gorgeous, but the staff is absolutely amazing. Every aspect of my wedding at the Flying Horse Ranch exceeded my expectations. 10/10.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Venue!

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Flying Horse Ranch. The staff was so welcoming, helpful and kind. They were really on top of it and made sure everything was taken care of from the moment we signed a contract to helping us pack up everything after the wedding. Michelle was our Day of Coordinator through the venue and we absolutely loved her. Both she and Taylor had everything together and organized for the rehearsal and the day of and to be honest it kept me sane. We loved being able to trust the people there to be on our side when it comes to such and important day. This venue would be a wonderful place to have your wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Alexandria · Married on 02/16/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Absolutely stunning venue! Taylor and Michelle are amazing to work with and make your dream wedding come to life! Don't know what I would have done without them. The ballroom is gorgeous and the barn is rustic yet elegant all at the same time. Such a beautiful place for weddings or any other event!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Madeleine B. · Married on 01/19/2019

Casual elegance at its finest

Truly magical. The venue was perfect for our daughter's wedding last month (January 2019). There is plenty of room for everyone, the house and barn hardly need any decorating, the views are stunning and best of all... the facility/wedding coordinators are the BEST.

Michelle went above and beyond what we ever could have expected from a wedding planner. We were faced with a doozy of a snow storm the night before the wedding and Michelle did all the last-minute scrambling necessary to ensure the wedding party still had a place to get ready the morning of the wedding.

Take a tour of Flying Horse Ranch... you'll fall in love with the place for your next big event. We did.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Megan · Married on 01/05/2019

Made my wedding day perfect

The Flying Horse Ranch is a venue which holds so much beauty but the truly amazing aspect of this place was in its incredible staff. They were the ones who made our wedding day perfect. They made our vision come to life and they made sure everything was right on our day. I didn't have to worry about a single thing because I knew everything was taken care of. This incredible place is not only beautiful but it is staffed by some of the most caring individuals around. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with an incredibly gracious staff.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Kate · Married on 11/10/2018

Fabulous venue for a Colorado Wedding

We couldn't have asked for more for our wedding day. The amenities and breathtaking scenery from the Ranch makes wedding planning so easy. We used the lawn for the ceremony, intimate dining room for dinner and barn for dancing. We feel so lucky to have gotten married there.

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 08/24/2018

We had our wedding at Flying Horse Ranch last month, and there are truly no words to describe how perfect it was. Not only is the property gorgeous but the staff are amazing too! Megan and Michelle made the day run so smoothly. There wasn't a minute that we were stressing during the rehearsal or the day of. Everything we reviewed at the final walkthrough was handled and the set-up of the ceremony and reception was exactly what we wanted and pictured. The girls would respond to you emails with a thorough response within hours. We are just so thankful for Megan and Michelle. If we were to do the day over, we would do it exactly the same!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Kathryn · Married on 07/03/2018

We absolutely love Flying Horse Ranch. It was the first wedding venue we looked at, and we knew we didn’t have to look anymore! The venue and its surroundings are absolutely gorgeous. We had a lot of guests traveling from out of town, and it was the perfect place to show them why we love beautiful Colorado! Not only are the main rooms awesome for a wedding and reception, but the bridal suite and grooms quarters are awesome!! We didn’t have our ceremony on site, but we came beforehand to get ready in the bridal suite and grooms quarters just because they were perfect spaces for us to hang out and get ready and get some beautiful photos before the wedding. On top of the beautiful venue, Flying Horse Ranch has an amazing staff. They are great at their jobs! They are super responsive and helpful with every little detail. They host weddings often enough that they know everything that needs to be taken care of on the big day. It was so nice to know that they had everything handled and we didn’t have to worry about anything besides having a great time on our wedding day!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Deanna · Married on 05/28/2018

Flying Horse Ranch is a gorgeous venue both inside the structures and outside. The staff is friendly and incredibly helpful and I felt they were just as excited for my wedding as I was.

Megan,
    Thank you so much for everything you did. The barn and the Abor looked beautiful. I know there was a lot of work, but you never complained and you were always willing to help. Thank you for answering my questions and giving me suggestions when I was unsure. You are amazing!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Keith · Married on 04/07/2018

the venue is fantastic and love the views as well as the buildings. the venue can handle every bit you throw at it.
    The day of Coordinator Michelle is fantastic and she did an amazing job with our wedding. i would highly recommend her and the venue. I have no complaints.

Sent on 04/30/2018