Flowers For You Reviews

Flowers For You 6
Flowers For You 7
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie N Vandentop · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely perfect- fun, organized, stress-free, talented

I was absolutely blown away by how great of a job Kay did of my flowers. From start to finish she was by far the best vendor to work with. She was very organized and always communicated ahead of time to keep everything going smoothly. She is an absolute pleasure to work with and relieved so much stress for me. Then just when I thought she couldn’t be better the flowers on my wedding day far exceeded my expectations! She took my vision and the feelings/ideas I had and perfectly turned it into exactly what I wanted. She didn’t need specific instructions on what to do, she is so creative that she can literally turn a mood and feeling/ some favorite colors into a stunning and perfect floral arrangement. I could not have had anything with the florals go any better than it did. So thrilled I chose flowers for you with Kay!!
    I’ll come and add photos- I tried not to use my phone on wedding day and let the photographers take them. The flowers still looked amazing the next day though!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Flowers For You 8

Jaime Delivuk · Married on 07/21/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Kay, you are so amazing at your craft! The variety of colors and flowers you provided were so amazing and well put together. You gave me everything I wanted and then some.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Karah

Karah · Married on 06/25/2019

Amazing flowers!

Kay was awesome! So accommodating and easy to talk to. She turned my vision in to real life! My flowers were beautiful and amazing! I would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Flowers For You 9
  • Sarah

Sarah Jones · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolute Perfection!

Working with Kay for florals and centerpieces for our wedding was a dream! She listened thoughtfully to what our vibe for the day was and responded with an incredible proposal full of options that we didn't even know were possible. The florals fit our wedding perfectly- right down to each individual flower and plant. The thoughtful touches really made the day feel extra special. Everything in our package was absolutely spectacular!

Sent on 08/15/2019
    Flowers For You 10
    Flowers For You 11
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 03/30/2019

Excellent!

Kay is so caring and understanding! When I was in the process of looking for a florists, I had a new born and when I found Kay she understood that my schedule was busy so she worked around my schedule to work with me. That’s how I knew I wanted her to be my florists. On my wedding day, I was surprised that she showed up 2 hours earlier than what was planned. It was so relieving to know that she gave herself extra time to set up. Her work was so beautiful!!! Everyone loved the bridesmaids bouquets and my bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. All her work was beautiful and made my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Flowers For You 12
    Flowers For You 13
    Flowers For You 14
    Flowers For You 15
  • Camille

Camille Christie · Married on 12/06/2018

Flawless winter forest themed wedding

We can't thank Kay enough for all of her help. Everything was absolutely perfect and the planning process/day of the wedding was made incredibly easy. Kay and her team were prompt with the set-up and take-down of our florals. The transition from ceremony to reception decor was seamless.

We were married during the first week of December and are still receiving compliments on the beautiful decorations and floral displays. Our guests were so impressed with how flawlessly our winter forest theme came together. Kay was always available to answer questions, make changes, and add to our order.

We're so happy that we chose Flowers for You as our floral vendor.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Glenda · Married on 09/22/2018

Kay was amazing this is our second daughter she has done the wedding flowers for! I would not have used anyone else!
    Kay understood Morgan’s vision and wishes! Kay is talented, a good listener, always kind, and calming . She is doing what she should do! The flowers made our wedding a most magical
    memorable evening!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Sara · Married on 09/15/2018

Kay knocked my wedding floral vision out of the park. I planned my Oregon wedding from across the country, with only email and phone correspondence between us. Not only was she SO responsive (even after having a baby!) but she always wonderfully handled my last minute changes and uncertainty. When the flowers arrived day of, I just about cried. She took my vision I sent her via pinterest and absolutely killed it. I could not have asked for anything better at all. So kind, professional and affordable. I could not recommend her more!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/09/2018

Kay did an amazing job on my wedding bouquet and table arrangements! She far exceeded my expectations. She spends the time to find out not only what you like but also what you dislike. She is very knowledgeable and makes great recommendations. Kay created the prettiest bouquet I've ever seen. It was exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Flowers For You 16
  • Kali

Kali · Married on 09/08/2018

Kay was absolutely amazing to work with from day one. She is professional, kind, easy going and has so much talent for creating beautiful floral pieces! After our wedding we got so many compliments on our floral arrangements - they were breathtaking and one of our favorite parts about the wedding decor. They really brought everything together. Even when last minute things came up on the day of, she was so accommodating and worked with us to make everything perfect. Kay truly helped make our dream wedding come to life and we are so grateful for all her hard work. We could not have chosen a better florist to be a part of our big day!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Kim · Married on 08/25/2018

Kay was able to perfectly bring my floral vision to life!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Kelli · Married on 08/18/2018

Kay was great! The flowers were even more beautiful than I could have imagined! She truly understood my vision and was very friendly and professional.

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Flowers For You 22
    Flowers For You 23
    Flowers For You 24

Dani · Married on 07/21/2018

We loved working with Kay. I had a really hard time at first finding a florist and it was starting to make the planning not fun. She was a breath of fresh air and understood me. She was able to show us in person the things we were wanting and totally helped me with the vision. She is so nice, understanding and a great listener. She will give you ideas and she is fine if you don't like them. She knows the business well and was able to give us insight on things we hadn't thought about. She was quick at responding and super professional. I would recommend her again and again!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Flowers For You 25
    Flowers For You 26
    Flowers For You 27
    Flowers For You 28

Angela · Married on 06/16/2018

Kay Black and Flowers For You were amazing to work with! Planning the wedding from SC with the bride in HI was stressful and Kay made the floral part easy. She was always responsive and took the Bride's vision from photos and conversations and made it come to life. The flowers for the bridal party and church were beautiful and incorporated everything the bride asked for. The reception table decor was perfect! The wedding was in a different location from the reception and Kay's team flawlessly moved the church flowers to the Portland Spirit, re-purposing them with ease. I would not hesitate to recommend Flowers For You!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Crista · Married on 12/31/2017

I cannot say enough about Kay - We had met with a few florists, and I just hadn’t felt that any of them really listened to me. They just heard when the wedding was, and where it was and then assumed they knew what I wanted. The moment I met Kay, I knew she was the perfect florist for us. She was so kind, warm, and accommodating. I wanted to trust my vendors, so I could give them creative license, and know that they would bring something that was great. I am SO glad that I chose Kay, she asked me all kinds of questions, I gave her very little guidance (I’m not a florist, who am I to tell her how to do her job?), and she delivered the most beautiful flowers ever. She also created a fantastic garland for the Fireplace in our ceremony, that was "portable" enough to move to a love seat in our reception space, others told us it was impossible and she said it was entirely doable, it was perfect! She was professional, kind, and I was thrilled to see both her and my flowers on my wedding day. Kay, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 03/24/2018
    Flowers For You 29
    Flowers For You 30
    Flowers For You 31
    Flowers For You 32
    Flowers For You 33

Karissa · Married on 12/03/2017

Kay was Amazing! She went above and beyond my expectations of what I wanted my winter wedding to look like. She always communicated with me to keep me on track. I highly recommend you go with her if you are getting married in Portland. AMAZING WORK!!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Jaymee · Married on 10/28/2017

I loved working with Kay! She was kind, knowledgeable, understanding, prepared, and a professional through-and-through from day one. Since I was the wedding planner for my wedding, I began my search looking for a florist that could hit my Big 3 List

1) Budget: My budget was fairly tight since my fiance and I were paying for a chunk of the wedding. I needed a florist who was willing to do flowers for a bridal party of 8, 11 extra corsages/boutonnieres, arch flowers, 22 table centerpieces, and aisle way pieces. Kay was able to do all of that within our $2,200 budget plus the little extra on our wedding cake with the leftover flowers.

2) Allergies: The most suggested flower for an October wedding given to me was the Lily. Unfortunately, one of my uncles is very allergic to them. When I told (four!) other florists I cannot have lilies AT ALL in my wedding due to bad allergies, they all balked at the idea.

But Kay, she didn't even blink an eye when I asked her to not include it. She in fact suggested we do not use any flowers that were remotely tied to the lily family. And from the pictures I've included, you can see that lilies are not necessary for a wedding.

3) Professionalism: As I mentioned earlier, I was my own wedding planner. That meant a lot of my communication was done through emails, telephone calls, and bridesmaids being proxies for me when I couldn't leave my full-time job to discuss different options. Kay was excellent with communicating with me and being prompt to answer all of my questions. I never worried about her getting back to me because she always would within 48-72 hour through multiple ways.

I didn't have any solid idea of what I wanted for my wedding. But after that first meeting with Kay, we came up with 80% of a game plan for Wedding Day. If you give Kay some guidelines and a couple of ideas, she can work magic. I would rehire Kay in a second without any doubts. Pick Flowers For You for sure!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Flowers For You 34

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Kay was a pleasure to work with! At our first meeting I described that my dream wedding would focus on wildflowers (a very back-to-nature vibe) and she made it a reality! Everyone absolutely loved the flowers! (I even had outside vendors comment on how it brought everything together.) If you are looking for someone who is easy to work with and produces a great product, I highly recommend Kay.

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Flowers For You 35
    Flowers For You 36
    Flowers For You 37

Kelli · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Kay at "Flowers for You" was a wonderful experience. Her professionalism and knowledge really helped us navigate through making decisions and she is such a kind person. Our flowers were stunning and everything I had hoped for. They really helped make the day special.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2017

Kay is absolutely fabulous! She is so creative, professional, and fun! I used Flowers for You on my wedding day and they were gorgeous. All the colors and different textures of flowers and foliage were everything I asked more and actually even prettier than I had in my mind! I would definitely recommend Kay to anyone and everyone; she is hands down the best florist in the Portland area! Thank you Kay for everything you did for me to make my wedding day perfect! <3

Sent on 10/25/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

I absolutely LOVED working with Kay at Flowers For You! She not only is an amazing florist, but a wonderful person. She was very responsive from the beginning and worked with me to make sure that I got exactly what I envisioned for my big day. She had amazing suggestions and ideas, but was also very understanding of my budget. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted, but using different pictures and our wedding theme, Kay created a magical set up and floral bouquets for my wedding, which was better than I could ever imagine! From the archway to my bouquet to the reception centerpieces...she totally nailed it and my day was perfect in large part because of her. I got so many compliments from vendors and guests about the beautiful flowers-I think many people were wishing they had found her for their weddings! I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with and I am so grateful that I found Kay. I can't ever thank her enough and I highly recommend her to anyone needing flowers and decor for any occasion!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Laura · Married on 08/06/2017

Kay did an amazing job of working with me to fit within our budget and provide beautiful flowers! She suggested specific flowers to hold up in the Portland heat wave along with economical alternatives to more expensive flowers that were still so beautiful. Excellent service start to finish!

Kelley · Married on 07/21/2017

Kay was absolutely wonderful to work with. From the initial meeting we were so impressed, and then working with her throughout was amazing. She is so quick to respond and answered so many of my questions. On the wedding day she showed up right on time and delivered our bouquets and set up the rest of the ceremony and reception floral. All of the flowers were so perfect and beautiful!! I would highly recommend Kay :)

Sent on 08/02/2017

dorothy · Married on 07/15/2017

My daughter and I met with Kay and immediately felt a connection. She understood what we wanted and gave us great ideas and suggestions. Our flowers were amazing and had so many compliments from family and friends at wedding.

Natasha · Married on 07/14/2017

Working with Flowers For You for our wedding arrangements was an amazing experience. From the first phone conversation with Kay, I was blown away by her attentiveness, professionalism, and her ability to understand our desire/theme for the wedding.

She worked with me throughout the process to tweak and change minor plans in order to get everything just right. She was responsive in amending the invoice, and keeping up with communication so I knew she was still working through stuff on the back-end. We had our in-person meeting about a month out and she walked us through the florals she would be using in the different arrangements and centerpieces. She understood our vision and was influential in having us not do an arch (so happy we didn't do that!) because our wedding venue had plenty of greenery and trees to surround the ceremony.

She created a beautiful hair piece that was one of my favorite accessories for the day. The outcome was beautiful and more perfect than I truly dreamed it would turn out. I will definitely be recommending Kay and Flower For You to any friends/family that are in need of a florist. Your wedding day only happens once, so thank you for making mine truly memorable and perfect for us.