Flowers by April Reviews

Flowers by April 5
Flowers by April 6
Flowers by April 7

Seeta Khemraj · Married on 03/17/2019

April is innovative and amazing to work with !!!

I had a winter wedding and have a passion for flowers. Working wit April for the flower decor was by far my favorite part of wedding planning. She took all the flowers I loved and tied them so perfectly together. I also wanted to decor to fit the season and she created a winter wonderland for us. She gave such creative suggestions and made sure everything was personalized to our style. She even made me a beautiful mirrored window we found online and was obsessed with, it came out better than we ever imagined, we have it hanging in our living room now as a token from our favorite day. She is also such a pleasure to talk to and get ideas from, she is just amazing. She puts together samples for the table arrangements for you the preview prior to the wedding to make sure you have exactly what you are envisioning. The first comment anyone make when they see wedding picture is about how beautiful the bouquet was. I want to plan another event just to be able to work with April again!! She is the best florist you will find and you will enjoy working with her every step of the way.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Flowers by April 8
  • Eileen

Eileen · Married on 10/27/2018

April works very hard to achieve your wedding look

I worked with April A LOT for the entire year leading up to our wedding. She really went above and beyond to work with me in achieving my wedding day look for our flowers. I was very particular and changed my mind often and she was always nice and patient. The day of our wedding, the flowers came out great. They were very similar to my inspiration photos. I was so sad to have to part with our centerpieces they were gorgeous! I had very expensive flowers and compared to other area florists, April was affordable.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding had the elegance and sophistication of our dreams thanks to April. It was such a pleasure working with her throughout the entire process of picking our florals, sampling a few designs, and finally putting together the whole look. She was very communicative and helped us find exactly what we were looking for. On our wedding day, despite a family emergency earlier in the morning, she still rushed over to our venue and spent hours placing our centrepieces and constructing the elements around it - as well as putting together a garland and floral arch that we couldn't even believe - it was the highlight of the night and the rave of all our guests. What a wonderful arch to be married under. She really goes above and beyond, is a warm and welcoming person, and a talented, professional florist. We recommend her with enthusiasm to anyone planning a Hudson Valley wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Donna · Married on 08/31/2018

Flowers by April is an exceptional floral service! It was my pleasure to experience April’s phenomenal designs at the rehearsal dinner I hosted for my son’s wedding in August. Working with April is such a pleasure, you can’t help but have every confidence that she will exceed your expectation. Thank you April, you are a designer extraordinaire!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing, amazing, amazing! April from start to finish was incredibly, accommodating, patient and so sweet! We met a few times to walk the venue and discuss flowers. She did not mind as we sifted through pages of my pinterest board to piece together my perfect vision. Even emailing back late in the evening to help brainstorm the logistics of moving my arrangements from place to place.

Not only was April accommodating and patient, her work is absolutely STUNNING! The arrangements, the arch and our bouquets were far beyond what I could have asked for!

Thank you so much for making my day look so beautiful!

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Flowers by April 18

Flowers by April's reply:

Dear Sarah,"

Thank you!

It was an absolute pleasure working with you! What a wonderful client to have; I will miss our little "chats" and brainstorming sessions.

Wishing you and Ken the happiest and brightest of futures!

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2018

I absolutely LOVED working with April! From our first conversation she understood the look I was going for and she checked in periodically to make sure I hadn't changed my mind/make sure we were still on the same page. We met in person so she could physically show me and my husband what the centerpieces would look like, and they were stunning. Everything from our bouquets, centerpieces, and additional decor exceeding my expectations and were truly beautiful. An added bonus, April's quote for the same work was much more affordable than other vendors in the area. Can't recommend Flowers by April enough!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/12/2018

I absolutely loved working with April! I had no idea what kind of flowers I wanted for my wedding, and she helped educate me on the best flowers to choose based on the season and my colors. She was very responsive and came prepared when we first met, showing me sample centerpieces and bouquets. When we met a few weeks before the wedding, she was super flexible on what I wanted to add and take away, and we had so much fun working together. When I saw my bouquets and centerpieces I was blown away! They helped enhance the romantic/spring/floral vibe I wanted on my wedding day. Thank you April!

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Flowers by April 19
    Flowers by April 20
    Flowers by April 21

Dara · Married on 05/06/2018

April is fabulous. Not only does she work with you to achieve the look your going for, but she does it within the budget you provide. I’m very detail oriented, and had five different colors at my wedding that I wanted the flowers to match with. April spent countless hours with me answering all my questions and explaining to me the different flower types. More than that, she talked about how flowers may develop color differently based on the weather and the acidity of the soil, and was able to explain to me what flowers worked best to achieve the look I wanted. I was floored with how beautiful the flowers were. The bouquets were amazing: tasteful, artistic, gorgeous, unlike anything I’d ever seen before, and matching my difficult 5-color theme perfectly. Also, I added a bunch of table arrangements last minute because we changed the table orientation and she did not take advantage of us pricing-wise. April was absolutely awesome to work with in every way.

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Flowers by April 22

Lauren · Married on 12/02/2017

April's florals were absolutely stunning. On the day of the wedding, I was so thrilled to walk throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception spaces admiring how beautiful she made the space look and feel. She took the few photos I sent of the type of vibe I was going for (along with our lower budget) and created a wonderland that far exceeded my vision for the day. She was easy and flexible to work with from afar (we planned a New York wedding from Seattle without ever having met in person) and she sent us videos and pictures of the arrangements as she was creating them.

Working with our smaller budget, April offered to help us re-purpose pieces. We were able to transport the centerpieces we used for our rehearsal dinner (which she set up and delivered that day) to the reception and cocktail space the next morning where she spruced them up and re-used them around the new space. Our vases of flowers on Friday night became the focal point of our wedding ceremony the next day! Everywhere I looked there seemed to be more lovely flowers, and every piece (from the bouquets to the garlands) looked coordinated without all looking the same.

April went above and beyond with every single detail - from the classic and stunning bouquets to the cake toppers to the fun boutonnieres and creative pedestal vines. We received so many compliments about the warmth and simple beauty of the florals. April has such a gorgeous eye for detail, colors, and texture, and I feel so lucky to have found her. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Flowers by April 23
    Flowers by April 24

Alice · Married on 10/14/2017

April was such a pleasure to work with and was one of the kindest vendors that I worked with while wedding planning! Since I'm not based in the Hudson Valley, we communicated only through email and phone and she was always so responsive and helpful while keeping our budget in mind. Her work is truly gorgeous and we reused our decor for our day after brunch since it was so fresh still. Definitely book April, you won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2017

April was fantastic to work with!! She was so kind and I felt totally comfortable with her at our first meeting. She worked with me to achieve the look I wanted for my wedding. I received so many compliments on our flowers after the wedding, including someone who wanted April’s contact information for her daughter’s wedding! Thank you so much for all your hard work on our wedding day, would recommend April again and again :)

Sent on 12/16/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2017

Any bride in the Westchester or nearby CT area can look no further for a top-notch florist. April's prices are reasonable especially compared with other vendors in the area. Her enthusiasm for her work is genuine. She treats clients not just with professionalism but is one of the nicest vendors I worked with for my September wedding. The bouquets and other floral arrangements for our pre ceremony, ceremony and reception were just simply gorgeous.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Keli-Anne · Married on 07/01/2017

Look no further for flowers for your wedding day! April was so patient and is extremely talented at what she does. April was so quick to respond to my emails and was always professional! She took the time to listen to what I wanted and created the perfect flowers for our special day. I am so happy that I went with April!!!!!

Book April, you won't be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Brett · Married on 06/25/2017

April is #1. Absolutely gorgeous from start to finish.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Gemma · Married on 06/11/2017

April is an absolutely incredible vendor! She was able to incorporate all of our many ideas in order to create incredibly gorgeous, cohesive, and elegant florals for our June wedding, while staying comfortably within our budget. She is kind and professional, and a genuine artist. All of the flowers and decor she provided were ideal for the space, fresh, and long-lasting, which is saying something, since it was a 95+ degree day. My husband and I had a lot of ideas, but knew we wanted to somehow incorporate them all into a simple, understated look, and April not only did that with the florals, but with additional ceremony decor that elevated the space without overwhelming any of the natural beauty. Planning a wedding is a stressful experience for everyone, but April made us feel confident and relaxed (about our flowers at least!) the entire time. She even added florals to our wedding cake at the last minute when our baker told us they would not be handling the florals themselves! She's truly the best and we cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Flowers by April 25
    Flowers by April 26
    Flowers by April 27
    Flowers by April 28
    Flowers by April 29
    Flowers by April 30

Angela · Married on 05/26/2017

Flowers by April were incredibly accommodating of my husband and I, as we had moved several hours away from our wedding location a few months prior to our wedding. Although we had not met April and her staff prior to our wedding (which was a bit nerve wracking, to us!), we were absolutely blown away at her beautiful work. All of our guests were talking about the beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres- the trust we gave April paid off and we could not have imagined anything different! April's patience, responsiveness, professionalism, and value is unbeatable and we highly recommend her to any couple looking to get married in the Hudson Valley!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Picking a florist was one of the most difficult aspects of wedding planning for me. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on flowers, which was near impossible since most florists require a very high minimum cost or they won't work with you. Then I met April, who offers a ton of options and even does a la carte pricing! April is a creative florist who delivered unique arrangements that were absolutely beautiful! She is also incredibly professional and organized, which made the whole process very easy! I highly recommend Flowers by April for your next event!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Theresa · Married on 10/08/2016

April's floral arrangements for my Hudson Valley wedding on 10/8/16 were an absolute dream! My bouquet was more gorgeous than I could have imagined, as were the bridesmaid bouquets and boutonnieres for my husband and his groomsmen. Everything was lush, natural and fresh, and added the perfect touch to the wedding. We received so many compliments on the table arrangements and other reception florals, as well. They added the perfect rustic touch to the Barn where we had our ceremony. On a personal note, April is so sweet, friendly and easy to work with. She met us at the venue for a planning meeting and showed us a gorgeous sample arrangement for the tables. She answered all of our questions and came up with great ideas for floral arrangements for the ceremony and reception areas. She was quick to respond to any questions or changes from me and my mom over email leading up to the big day. I would absolutely recommend April to anyone getting married in the Hudson Valley area...you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Allison · Married on 09/30/2016

April was an absolute pleasure to work with! We met at the Garrison Cafe where we chatted over bagels and coffee about my wedding image. April turned what I wanted into a visionary story and brought a friendly, easy-going energy throughout the entire process. She and Michelle were very flexible and patient during the wedding day photos as we moved around the venue, using the space that she needed to decorate. The greenery and wild flowers that April used were so beautifully put together and enhanced the venue space. April's services are very affordable and I highly recommend you meet with her, you will fall in love!

Sent on 10/07/2016

hilary · Married on 09/04/2016

April was absolutely incredible. Not only is she extremely professional and responsive, her flowers were beautiful and affordable. Everything was easy to coordinate with Flowers by April. Since I didn't live close to my venue we did everything over the phone and email. I gave April my color scheme as well as some possible ideas for centerpieces and within a few days she had emailed me several different pictures of mach ups for me to choose from. She was extremely considerate of my budget and made sure that I got everything that I needed within my budget and there were absolutely no corners cut. My bouquet as well as my bridesmaids were stunning and exactly what I had envisioned. I contacted several florists before signing with April. Trust me - she can not be beat on quality, service, or price.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Meghan · Married on 08/13/2016

Where do I even begin? I thought it was going to be impossible to find someone to do flowers for our wedding at a decent price, April to the rescue! When we told other vendors our budget, they essentially laughed at us and told us there was no way we could get the look we wanted with our budget. They quoted us prices 3 times as much as April. April was extremely accommodating from the moment we spoke on the phone. She asked for inspiration pictures and it was clear she understood the look we were going for immediately. Throughout the wedding planning process I of course changed my mind a few times and April never batted an eyelash. I even asked for last minute flowers about 2 days before the wedding and it was no problem for April. She even came out to my venue and did a walk through with my mom and I and had some great decor ideas. I cannot sing her praises enough! Even my hard to please mom was over the moon! Additionally, we got married on the hottest day of the year (120 with the humidity) and all of my flowers not only stayed in tact all day and all night, but we were able to reuse almost everything for our brunch the next day! April is a dream to work with and I would work with her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Hanna · Married on 07/30/2016

April is the best! From beginning to end, everything was seamless. She was very attentive with emails, did beautiful mock-up and all the flowers were already set up by the time I got to the venue. The whole process was so easy and flowers were so gorgeous. All our guests kept saying how beautiful the flowers were and they were very happy to take them home at the end of the night. Thank you so much for wonderful service and gorgeous flowers. I absolutely recommend April to everybody!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Ally · Married on 07/09/2016

ABSOLUTELY WORK WITH APRIL!!!
    I can honestly say with so many things that go into a wedding, the flowers were sincerely my favorite part and I owe that entirely to April and her team! I wish my bouquet could be frozen in time, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Ellen · Married on 07/03/2016

April was amazing! She not only captured our vision, but she is wonderful to work with. If you are looking for a florist who takes pride in their business, listens and truly cares. April is the one for you!

Sent on 07/12/2016