Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

112 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

112 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

Amy · Married on 09/21/2013

I can't say enough about my experience with Sarah at Flour Girl. Tremendous! The price we paid for our cakes was exceptional and the taste! Her lemon cake is the best I've ever had. I also highly recommend her gluten-free chocolate if that is a dietary issue. Our guests raved about the cakes (and for good reason). We planned our wedding from out-of-state, and Sarah was super easy to work with. Truly a top-rate vendor.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Working with Sarah at Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was so easy and we were very happy with the results. We had to change our bakery at the last minute and Sarah had no problem putting a small cake together for us and delivering it to our wedding site, even though it was 45 minutes away. We had received a recommendation from our venue to contact Flour Girl and we weren't disappointed. Although we had to freeze most of it (we didn't share with our guests, as we had other desserts), the cake was delicious! Sarah was responsive to my e-mails and was able to accommodate my ideas for a cake topper since I just wanted a simple cake, but it still looked beautiful. Although I never got to meet her in person to visit the bakery, I have full confidence and would recommend Flour Girl for any wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2013

3.5

Sarah of Flour Girl Wedding Cakes was excellent to work with! She was flexible and able to adapt to changes over the course of our wedding planning and to me seemed pretty hassle free. Her responses via e-mail were always superfast. We wanted a simple yet elegant design and we sent her some "inspirational" pictures. She definitely exceeded our expectations with her great piping work and handmade sugar flowers. As cake decorating is one of my hobbies I needed to hire someone that could do a much better job than myself while I still feared that I would be one of those lucky brides receiving a cake that would make a contribution to cakewrecks. Happily this did not happen AND not only did my cake look fantastic, it also tasted fantastic! I would say a little too moist which made it difficult to cut initially but it held up well and was by far one of the best wedding cakes I've ever tasted - fondant and all!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Sheri · Married on 06/18/2015

When first contacting Sara she was quick to fit us in for a cake tasting. She had it all set up, recommendations, pricing everything could be finalized then, no waiting. She worked with our budget to create the best arrangement for our day. Her cakes tasted AMAZING!! Lots of flavors to choose from!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Even though we have not actually had our wedding our cake tasting appointment was awesome. It was easy and very well organized. I felt very comfortable working with the owner and look forward to seeing what she creates for our special day! We also wanted to support local businesses and was very pleased to find her business.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Casey · Married on 07/20/2013

Sara was amazing and our cake was delicious. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Tristan · Married on 08/01/2014

Because I was out of state I had to send one of my bridesmaids down to do the initial tasting so that I could book them. The tasting was $20 and had a wide variety of flavors. This was the deciding factor for choosing them as our cake vendor. When I was able to come home we did another tasting where the cake and cupcake flavors were selected. I did not eat any of the cup cakes but people raved about the flavors and my cake was wonderful and moist. I did not save my top because I will be moving to Hawaii before our anniversary but I sure did eat it and it was amazing. I has a small two tier cake with a hexagon bottom and a nice blown glass cake topper and about 100 cup cakes of all different flavors. The design was made up from different cakes that I liked. They were very flexible and worked well with me being so far away. Their pumpkin cake pops also taste exactly like pumpkin pie which worked out perfectly because my husband does not like sweets but loves pumpkin pie.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Nichole · Married on 10/24/2009

3.5

Our wedding cake did not turn out the way we thought. I had sent pictures of what we wanted our cake to look like and was told that there would be no problem in making the cake. When I saw my cake the clor was off. It was supposed to be an ivory cake with red ribbons and design and it was more like iivory with mauve. When I spokewith the owner she said that the red colr is really hard to make, and she had tried to make it as red as possible. I wish I would have been told that before I picked the cake I liked. I was very dissapointed.

Sent on 04/17/2010

Marie · Married on 09/06/2008

Flour Girls was highly recommended to me by my other vendors- and it was easy to pick them to do my cake. Sarah is an excellent baker- so much so that she books up about 6 months in advance. The tasting was excellent, her cake really is delicious- and she made a new flavor at my request (although we didn't end up choosing it). At the wedding, the cake was so delicious that even though we made extra cake, there wasn't any left over. I loved the look of my cake it was exactly what I wished for- even though I changed my mind several times before the day.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Alyse · Married on 06/19/2010

Sarah did a great job on both cakes (wedding and grooms cake). The wedding cake was an exact replica of the picture I sent her. As for the grooms cake, I asked her to get creative and make a large Juicebox cake. She went all out and did more than was asked.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Susan · Married on 10/01/2010

3.0

Her cake was delicious. We did not have our cake decorated much, but her portfolio looked great. We had carrot cake that was great. Only thing is she was reluctant to use cream cheese frosting like we asked. It is harder to decorate, but we wanted a cake that tastes good.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Shannon · Married on 07/25/2014

3.8
      3.5

We didn't get a chance for a tasting given our timeline, but the flavors and choices were many. Cake looked exactly as pictured, beautiful.

Sent on 01/10/2015