Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

101 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

101 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

We couldn't have been happier with Flour Girl Wedding Cakes for our wedding! Sarah was great to work with- very friendly and professional. We hadn't decided between a cake vs. cupcakes until the tasting, and Sarah was very helpful in helping us make a decision, keeping our budget in mind! She had great recommendations for different combinations of cake and frostings for the cupcakes we ended up choosing. Our guests absolutely loved the cupcakes (and our photographer loved photographing them!). We thought we would have way too many because we had several guests who couldn't make it to the wedding at the last minute, but they were all eaten, quickly!

Sent on 11/15/2014

I loved working with Sarah for our wedding. She was incredibly professional and had absolute great response time to any questions I had (phone calls and text). We had the opportunity to sit with her and eat our way through several choices of cake for our wedding, and the whole experience was easy and fun! She did a phenomenal job, and we loved how everything turned out for us. Our guests were amazed by how amazing everything tasted (we did a selection of "jumbo" cupcakes, cream puffs, and brownies). We will certainly use her services again in the future for any other occasion.

Sent on 12/17/2014

We did pies and cupcakes with Flour Girl. They were so good!!! They put together an amazing set up and everything looked so great. And tasted even better! When we met with her to figure out our flavors, I knew I made the right choice. She has some great combinations and was so easy to work with.

Sent on 09/03/2014

We are from Cleveland and were only in Lake Tahoe for a limited time to select vendors for our wedding. We did not have an appointment for a cake tasting, but Sarah graciously put together a tasting platter for us on the spot. Flour Girl does an excellent job with their bakery items. We decided to do a cupcake tower for our wedding, and it was beautiful! The cakes are the best we have ever had. We would highly recommend Flour Girl!

Sent on 09/27/2014

I got married in Tahoe when I live 4 hours away. I didn't do a cake tasting with her because one of my friends highly recommended her. Sarah was amazing throughout the whole experience. I originally contacted her for my bridal cake but when I also proposed a very unique groom's cake she seemed just as excited about it as I was. She communicated with me throughout the whole process and when she couldn't get ahold of me, she made the executive decisions needed. Not only did the groom's cake turn out fantastic, when I called less than a week ahead of time to ask if I could pick it up a day early, she had no problem with it! Both cakes were a big hit and tasted amazing as well. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Diamond · Married on 07/26/2014

We wanted a naked cake (as in no icing or fondant) for our wedding. Depending on the vendor, that can turn out looking really well, or really terrible. Our cake by Sarah was beautiful and exactly what we hoped for. Sarah fantastic in giving flavor ideas with unique fillings to complement the cake. Listen to her advice! I had my heart set on making the biggest tier be the lemon cake with cream cheese filling (it's my favorite). While ALL flavors were absolutely delicious, the most popular was the one she first suggested to us..vanilla bean cake with fresh strawberries/preserves and bavarian cream. It was to die for! Trust the pro! If I were to do it over, I would have made that the largest tier, and my lemon cake the middle tier. We also had Champagne cake with champagne mouse and strawberries, and chocolate cake with caramel/ganache cream.

Book her early, she's the best in the area, and the top of most vendor recommendations!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Adam · Married on 07/18/2014

We chose cupcakes over a traditional cake for our wedding and everyone loved it. Flour Girl delivered 4 different cupcake flavors of our choosing and assisted us in selecting frosting type, filling, cake type, etc. The results were awesome. The cupcakes were a good size without being gigantic, the finish work looked very "gourmet", they were delivered on time, and they looked great on the cupcake stand provided.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 07/07/2014

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work with and we can't thank her enough for a beautiful dessert display for our July Wedding! She delivered all the cupcakes and cream puffs to the Safari Rose and created a beautiful table set up for us. Our guests kept commenting how amazing every flavor was and were very impressed! I highly recommend Flour Girl to any bride.. We planned our entire wedding without meeting anyone before hand, or taste testing! So grateful for her professionalism and energy.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Theresa · Married on 05/31/2014

Sarah is AMAZING and her cake and cupcakes are the same!!! We went for a tasting before and couldn't wait to eat more. Sarah was very helpful on the phone and via email, it made it very easy since we do not live in the area.
    On our wedding day we got so many compliments on the display and how wonderful everything looked. Then they tasted everything....OMG, they were all gone so fast!! Thank goodness either Sarah or someone saved us a taste of each cupcake (we had 6 different flavors!) Co-workers of mine still talk about them and beg me to order some via the mail just so we can eat them again! Great service and DELICIOUS product!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Melinda · Married on 05/04/2014

Oh my, the cake!! I was the bride who changed her mind 100 times. Sarah, was always willing to make the changes. My wedding cake was the second cake that she had made for me, and just like the first one......it was exactly (in flavor and design) how I had imagined. The macaroons I had selected, were awesome.....my only mistake was not ordering more. She is very responsive, and always replies to emails, and phone calls. She is very professional, and I highly recommend her. Thank you Sarah, for the wonderful cake(s) and macaroons. Scott and I look forward to you making out anniversary cake next year.

Sent on 05/13/2014

T · Married on 02/18/2014

Love love love the cake from Sarah. I had my wedding at Edgewood in Lake Tahoe 2/18/14. I live in Los Angeles and heard great reviews from Edgewood about Flour Girl Wedding Cakes. I looked at her website and the past cakes she has done were beautiful.I looked at other cake places and no one in Lake Tahoe even comes close to Sarah's cakes. She is very sweet and communicates great. She is on top of things and great to work with. She made our wedding cake the way I pictured it, PERFECT!!! The taste was amazing. Her prices are great!! She is the best you will find in Lake Tahoe hands down. She gives a great variety of flavors to taste test. Her frosting is amazing!!!

Sent on 03/25/2014
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 12/27/2013

I used Flour Girl for cupcakes at my wedding reception and absolutely loved them. Sarah was fantastic to work with...so down to earth and very talented! I wanted the cupcakes to be the centerepieces at each of my tables, and Sarah took that vision and ran with it! She had all the pedastal cake plates to display the cupcakes on and made sure the different decorations all coordinated so the different flavors of cupcakes were easy to identify, yet it all was aesthetically pleasing...not to mention absolutely delicious! I'd highly recommend Flour Girl to anyone planning an event in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Cayse · Married on 12/21/2013

The cake tasting was my favorite part of wedding planning, and thanks to Sarah the cake and cupcakes turned out even better than they tasted! The cupcake favors, fillings, and frostings were beyond delicious... Not to mention how perfect the decorations looked! I even asked for edible gold flakes, and she delivered! Thank you so much Sarah ; )

Sent on 01/21/2014

Tory · Married on 11/02/2013

Sara made our wedding cake and grooms cake! She did amazing. The grooms cake was a dirtbike tire spitting dirt onto our wedding cake. She made a beautiful cake and the grooms cake turned out so awesome. She was so easy to work with and am totally recommending her to everyone I know getting married in Tahoe!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Adriana · Married on 10/26/2013

I found Flour Girl wedding cakes through reviews on yelp and was NOT disappointed. I live about 6 hours away from Lake Tahoe and never even met with Sarah in person. We communicated mostly through emails (she was great at responding quickly which I loved since she was so far away!) about what I wanted for my wedding this past weekend. I chose to do cupcakes plus a giant cupcake for me and my husband. Everything turned out super duper cute and tasted amazing! My wedding was small and Sarah was still willing to work with me, which I thought was awesome. I would definitely recommend Sarah and the girls at Flour Girl wedding cakes for your big day!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Brianne · Married on 09/28/2013

The only thing that was more fun and tastier than the wedding cupcakes was the awesome cupcake tasting my fiance and I got to do earlier this year :) Sarah was awesome. She had great choices and she made the cupcakes look amazing! They had a wood theme and were placed on log pieces. The tasting cake was moist, delish and beautiful. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Sarah did our wedding cake and we couldn't have been happier. We did a tasting at her shop and one other in Tahoe, and while the other one was good, Sarah won hands down. All of her flavors are delicious and she has so many to choose from. You can go with something really basic, like white cake with bavarian cream, or choose a more adventurous combination if you think your guests are up for it! Sarah had plenty of good flavor combo ideas. Our cake was vanilla bean with bavarian cream and strawberry preserves, and we got several comments from guests about how good it was.

Her designs are incredible too. She can do anything you imagine. Your cake will look so amazing that you almost won't want to eat it. (Almost.)

My only regret is that we only got to eat one piece! But we may have solved that problem. For our one year anniversary we want to go back to Tahoe and have Sarah make us cupcakes in the same flavor as our wedding cake. Because her cake is way too good to eat only once!

Sent on 11/02/2013
  • Mrs. Butler

Danielle · Married on 08/17/2013

I have so many positive things to say about Sarah and Flour Girl Wedding Cakes. Not only was she super attentive, but her cakes were amazing. We went with a three tiered cake and a sheet cake. Each was a different flavor and during the tasting, she helped us pick out combinations that went well together. She was super helpful with her book of cakes she had already done, pinterest items I had shown her, and helping create my vision. I tried several cake vendors and none of them compared to Flour Girl. Her tastings were moist, fresh and she had a large variety. We ended up with a vanilla bean cake with strawberries and bavarian cream, lemon cake with lemon curd and cream cheese, spice cake with apricot and cream cheese and a sheet cake of red velvet with raspberries and chocolate mousse. Every piece was devoured and we were lucky enough to save a slice of each to take home.

We only had one snafu which was the design we picked out was a horizontal stucco look and we got a cake of veritcal stucco. The rest of the cake was according to plan, and so Sarah worked with us to make it work. I still loved the look of the cake, even though it was a bit different than what we talked about and she made it right. Amazing cake, amazing service and beautiful designs.

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • Liane

Liane · Married on 07/16/2013

Delicious Sweets and Wedding Cakes

Sarah and her team of talented bakers, always create the most amazing, delicious and beautiful sweet works of art! Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning

Sent on 09/30/2019

Shari · Married on 06/29/2013

Flour girl wedding cakes made our cake for our wedding. Our cake was so beautiful and delicious. We were able to choose three flavor combinations and choose a design special order. Flour girl was very accommodating, she made us a sample plate on the spur of the moment, she gave us suggestions for some great flavor combinations, she decorated our cake so elegantly. We were very pleased with what we got. Her services are extraordinary.

Sent on 07/16/2013
  • User3420527 · 2+ years ago

Seriously one of the easiest, most responsive vendors I worked with. Her cakes are beautiful, moist and delicious. Your hardest task will be choosing flavors.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2013

Sarah from Flour Girl is a great baker and very helpful when it came to designing our Dessert Table. All of her cakes were unique and tasty!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Lacy · Married on 06/01/2013

Amazing experience for my wedding. The tasting was way better than any other place and Sarah was such a pleasure to work with. We changed our mind on the cake a few months before and she was so accommodating and made my cake a beautiful masterpiece!! I love loved her!!!!!!!! Definitely worth your money. Not only did I have a beautiful cake, but it was so delicious!!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Vicki · Married on 06/01/2013

Sarah Lofgren was an absolute delight to work with from beginning to end. A true artist in the bakery. Her creativity inspired all of us and she produced exactly what we envisioned. Chad wanted a golf ball groom's cake on the green with a basket spilling out cake golf balls. Exactly that. A 24" diameter golf ball cake with the St. Louis Cardinals logo on it. The table was topped with real grass and the cake balls spilled from a real driving range bucket. Perfect for an Edgewood Golf Club destination wedding. The Bride's cake for Lacy was even more spectacular. A towering cake adorned with bows and jewels with real orchids hanging all around it. Truly a sight to behold and we give Flour Girl an A+++++++++++++++++++ for execution, delivery, look, and above all taste. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Stacy · Married on 05/16/2013

The cake was moist and beautiful! Every other wedding cake that i have ever tried has been dry and gross. Flour Girls cake was amazing and very tasty.

Sent on 10/26/2013