Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

112 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

112 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

Sabrina · Married on 04/16/2016

Sarah created exactly what I was looking for in our rustic casual wedding and the flavors were spot on!! My husband and I got married in Zephyr Cove in April and stayed for the week in Tahoe so I was able to nibble on the decadence for the remainder of the week and was VERY sad to have not finished it! Wish they delivered to Washington State!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Heather · Married on 02/06/2016

Sarah made the most delicious cake for our wedding. We only needed a 6" cake as a cutting cake and she made it happen. We choose a vanilla bean cake with a layer of raspberry preserves and layer of Bavarian cream. Covered in traditional white buttercream, probably the best i have tasted. I sent her a picture of what we wanted and she did exactly that. Very happy with our decision! Thanks Sarah.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Diane · Married on 10/04/2015

Thank you to Sarah and her girls for a wonderful addition to my daughters autumn wedding at Valhalla. The cake and cupcakes were enjoyed by all. Thank you so very much.

Diane and Katie

Sent on 10/13/2015

My gluten & dairy free wedding cake was amazing - chocolate, with chocolate ganache & coffee buttercream icing. It looked beautiful too.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Sarah made the most amazing gluten free, dairy free cake for my wedding, & it was beautiful too!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Mckayla · Married on 09/20/2015

Sarah does an amazing job! I highly recommend

Sent on 01/21/2015

Paris · Married on 09/12/2015

Our guests were floored by our delicious wedding cake and cupcakes! From tasting to the wedding day Sara was easy to work with, friendly, professional, and very talented. It was so hard to choose which flavors to go with because every one was phenomenal. She happily accommodated our guests food allergies and recreated our wedding cake in cupcake form! Delivered to the West side of Lake Tahoe on time, clear contract, simple payment process. I highly recommend Flour Girl!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Cheryll · Married on 09/12/2015

This is the best in Tahoe! We recently got married and the cake was made perfectly to our specifications and was so fresh and delicious. Sarah is a joy to work with and I would recommend Flour Girl to anyone! Her cake pops are the best too! Yum! Sarah is truly an artist and very fun to work with.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Nancy · Married on 08/02/2015

Sarah made a beautiful and scrumptious cake for out wedding at Lake tahoe. She was easy to work with, informative and creative.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Victoria · Married on 07/18/2015

Sarah is truly a cake master. When my mother and I went cake tasting, we had a hard time narrowing down to 3 choices because each cake and filling/frosting flavor was so good. She even suggested some unique flavor combinations that we ended up choosing because they were so good together, yet we would have never known to try them. Our cake ended up looking wonderful, and she even accommodated, making gluten-free cupcakes for my cousin with dietary restrictions. We had so many guests complimenting us on the cake after the wedding. I am so pleased with choosing Sarah to make my wedding cake

Sent on 12/28/2015

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

Best desserts my guests and I have ever had! I did a destination wedding from southern CA up in Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago and chose The Flour Girl as my wedding cake bakery. I was only able to contact them through phone calls and emails since I live so far away but the owner was wonderful at answering any questions I had, emailing me pictures, and being quick to respond. They delivered the cake and the desserts to where we were having dinner and set them up beautifully. The desserts tasted absolutely delicious, I still am craving the chocolate peanut butter whoopie pie and our wedding cake. My guests loved the desserts too. Thank you so much for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

We couldn't have been happier with Flour Girl Wedding Cakes for our wedding! Sarah was great to work with- very friendly and professional. We hadn't decided between a cake vs. cupcakes until the tasting, and Sarah was very helpful in helping us make a decision, keeping our budget in mind! She had great recommendations for different combinations of cake and frostings for the cupcakes we ended up choosing. Our guests absolutely loved the cupcakes (and our photographer loved photographing them!). We thought we would have way too many because we had several guests who couldn't make it to the wedding at the last minute, but they were all eaten, quickly!

Sent on 11/15/2014

I loved working with Sarah for our wedding. She was incredibly professional and had absolute great response time to any questions I had (phone calls and text). We had the opportunity to sit with her and eat our way through several choices of cake for our wedding, and the whole experience was easy and fun! She did a phenomenal job, and we loved how everything turned out for us. Our guests were amazed by how amazing everything tasted (we did a selection of "jumbo" cupcakes, cream puffs, and brownies). We will certainly use her services again in the future for any other occasion.

Sent on 12/17/2014

We did pies and cupcakes with Flour Girl. They were so good!!! They put together an amazing set up and everything looked so great. And tasted even better! When we met with her to figure out our flavors, I knew I made the right choice. She has some great combinations and was so easy to work with.

Sent on 09/03/2014

We are from Cleveland and were only in Lake Tahoe for a limited time to select vendors for our wedding. We did not have an appointment for a cake tasting, but Sarah graciously put together a tasting platter for us on the spot. Flour Girl does an excellent job with their bakery items. We decided to do a cupcake tower for our wedding, and it was beautiful! The cakes are the best we have ever had. We would highly recommend Flour Girl!

Sent on 09/27/2014

I got married in Tahoe when I live 4 hours away. I didn't do a cake tasting with her because one of my friends highly recommended her. Sarah was amazing throughout the whole experience. I originally contacted her for my bridal cake but when I also proposed a very unique groom's cake she seemed just as excited about it as I was. She communicated with me throughout the whole process and when she couldn't get ahold of me, she made the executive decisions needed. Not only did the groom's cake turn out fantastic, when I called less than a week ahead of time to ask if I could pick it up a day early, she had no problem with it! Both cakes were a big hit and tasted amazing as well. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Diamond · Married on 07/26/2014

We wanted a naked cake (as in no icing or fondant) for our wedding. Depending on the vendor, that can turn out looking really well, or really terrible. Our cake by Sarah was beautiful and exactly what we hoped for. Sarah fantastic in giving flavor ideas with unique fillings to complement the cake. Listen to her advice! I had my heart set on making the biggest tier be the lemon cake with cream cheese filling (it's my favorite). While ALL flavors were absolutely delicious, the most popular was the one she first suggested to us..vanilla bean cake with fresh strawberries/preserves and bavarian cream. It was to die for! Trust the pro! If I were to do it over, I would have made that the largest tier, and my lemon cake the middle tier. We also had Champagne cake with champagne mouse and strawberries, and chocolate cake with caramel/ganache cream.

Book her early, she's the best in the area, and the top of most vendor recommendations!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Adam · Married on 07/18/2014

We chose cupcakes over a traditional cake for our wedding and everyone loved it. Flour Girl delivered 4 different cupcake flavors of our choosing and assisted us in selecting frosting type, filling, cake type, etc. The results were awesome. The cupcakes were a good size without being gigantic, the finish work looked very "gourmet", they were delivered on time, and they looked great on the cupcake stand provided.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 07/07/2014

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work with and we can't thank her enough for a beautiful dessert display for our July Wedding! She delivered all the cupcakes and cream puffs to the Safari Rose and created a beautiful table set up for us. Our guests kept commenting how amazing every flavor was and were very impressed! I highly recommend Flour Girl to any bride.. We planned our entire wedding without meeting anyone before hand, or taste testing! So grateful for her professionalism and energy.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Theresa · Married on 05/31/2014

Sarah is AMAZING and her cake and cupcakes are the same!!! We went for a tasting before and couldn't wait to eat more. Sarah was very helpful on the phone and via email, it made it very easy since we do not live in the area.
    On our wedding day we got so many compliments on the display and how wonderful everything looked. Then they tasted everything....OMG, they were all gone so fast!! Thank goodness either Sarah or someone saved us a taste of each cupcake (we had 6 different flavors!) Co-workers of mine still talk about them and beg me to order some via the mail just so we can eat them again! Great service and DELICIOUS product!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Melinda · Married on 05/04/2014

Oh my, the cake!! I was the bride who changed her mind 100 times. Sarah, was always willing to make the changes. My wedding cake was the second cake that she had made for me, and just like the first one......it was exactly (in flavor and design) how I had imagined. The macaroons I had selected, were awesome.....my only mistake was not ordering more. She is very responsive, and always replies to emails, and phone calls. She is very professional, and I highly recommend her. Thank you Sarah, for the wonderful cake(s) and macaroons. Scott and I look forward to you making out anniversary cake next year.

Sent on 05/13/2014

T · Married on 02/18/2014

Love love love the cake from Sarah. I had my wedding at Edgewood in Lake Tahoe 2/18/14. I live in Los Angeles and heard great reviews from Edgewood about Flour Girl Wedding Cakes. I looked at her website and the past cakes she has done were beautiful.I looked at other cake places and no one in Lake Tahoe even comes close to Sarah's cakes. She is very sweet and communicates great. She is on top of things and great to work with. She made our wedding cake the way I pictured it, PERFECT!!! The taste was amazing. Her prices are great!! She is the best you will find in Lake Tahoe hands down. She gives a great variety of flavors to taste test. Her frosting is amazing!!!

Sent on 03/25/2014
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 12/27/2013

I used Flour Girl for cupcakes at my wedding reception and absolutely loved them. Sarah was fantastic to work with...so down to earth and very talented! I wanted the cupcakes to be the centerepieces at each of my tables, and Sarah took that vision and ran with it! She had all the pedastal cake plates to display the cupcakes on and made sure the different decorations all coordinated so the different flavors of cupcakes were easy to identify, yet it all was aesthetically pleasing...not to mention absolutely delicious! I'd highly recommend Flour Girl to anyone planning an event in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Cayse · Married on 12/21/2013

The cake tasting was my favorite part of wedding planning, and thanks to Sarah the cake and cupcakes turned out even better than they tasted! The cupcake favors, fillings, and frostings were beyond delicious... Not to mention how perfect the decorations looked! I even asked for edible gold flakes, and she delivered! Thank you so much Sarah ; )

Sent on 01/21/2014

Tory · Married on 11/02/2013

Sara made our wedding cake and grooms cake! She did amazing. The grooms cake was a dirtbike tire spitting dirt onto our wedding cake. She made a beautiful cake and the grooms cake turned out so awesome. She was so easy to work with and am totally recommending her to everyone I know getting married in Tahoe!

Sent on 01/21/2014