Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

101 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

101 Reviews for Flour Girl Wedding Cakes

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2017

If you have ideas talk to Sarah about them! She made our dream cake and all our desserts just how we wanted!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Valerie Coyle · Married on 09/03/2017

The best of the best!

Sarah and Lori bring the most extraordinary love and exceptional attention to detail to every single cake, cookie and pie they make. In terms of creativity and flavor, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing they can't do! The one-of-a-kind, personalized wedding cake they created for us was truly spectacular has to be seen to be believed... We are considering getting married again just for the desserts! :-) Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2017

Flour Girl Cake is amazing!!!!
    The flavor combinations were so incredible I had trouble making a choice! We ended up going bigger on the cake with dessert sized slices than we needed to and we had several last minute cancelations however we went home with VERY little cake!!!! Our guests really enjoyed it!!!! We loved it as well!
    Sarah and her staff are top notch at what they do! Our cake was beautiful! Their service is outstanding and they make it really easy to do business with them, even from long distance! Thank you for making our wedding day special!!!!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/05/2017

I was a little nervous about selecting a wedding cake because my fiancé and I couldn’t do any cake tastings before our wedding in Lake Tahoe. And wedding cake is one of my favorite things about attending a wedding so I wanted ours to be delicious. And, I was not at all disappointed by our cake from Flour Girl. After speaking to Sarah I didn’t have any doubt that we would enjoy our wedding cake. I also ordered a groom’s cake as a surprise to my husband. I was able to communicate with Sarah what I was looking for taste and style wise and everything came out perfectly. Our guests were raving about how good the cake was! The groom’s cake was gone at the reception. And the leftover wedding cake we snacked on the whole week of our honeymoon. I actually wish I had some more cake right now.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Annabelle Pflepsen · Married on 08/05/2017

Beyond pleased!

Flour Girl was a lucky find for our wedding cakes!!

I researched all the options in the Tahoe area for our destination wedding. Based on reviews and lovely correspondence with Sarah, we went with our intuition and booked in October of 2017. Our wedding was in August 2018, and the availability of vendors was already becoming limited. I didn't want to risk losing out on a fantastic bakery.

The contract and deposit process was a breeze, Sarah was so quick to correspond and very no-nonsense. Flour Girl definitely gets it right with communication which isn't always easy to find in Tahoe.

Lori hosted our tasting in May 2018 when we visited from Los Angeles. The bakery, tasting room, brochures and presentation were totally flawless, professional and comfortable. Lori felt like a family member, she was incredibly kind, personable and patient. It felt good to be treated so well and have all the options laid out clearly.

I LOVE cake so it was a challenge to narrow down our choices because everything tasted DIVINE! The cakes are moist and flavorful, the fillings and frostings are smooth and delicious. Lori helped us pair the right cakes, fillings and frostings and we were able to make our selections before leaving. I would have loved to have some of the bolder flavor choices because I really loved all the flavors, but we went with some of our tried and true favorites. They were:

3-Tier Wedding Cake:
    6" + 9" + 12" Tiers
    Cake: Vanilla (Cake)
    Fillings: Fresh Strawberries, Strawberry Preserves and Bavarian Cream
    Frosting: Vanilla Buttercream
    Decoration: Perfectly even horizontal stucco with a cascade of flowers.
    Stand: Rented the silver base from Flour Girl which was the perfect accent.

Half Sheet Cake 1:
    Cake: Red Velvet
    Filling: Chocolate Ganache
    Frosting: Cream Cheese

Half Sheet Cake 2:
    (We also added a 6" round birthday cake for our Dad in his fave flavor)
    Cake: Marble
    Filling: Chocolate Chip Bavarian Cream
    Frosting: Chocolate Buttercream

Instead of more tiers on our wedding cake or a big dessert bar, we chose to have two additional half sheet cakes, each with two cake layers and a layer of filling between. Brilliant decision so we could have more cake and more flavors!

We had 107 people at our wedding and they ate both sheet cakes and 1/4 of our bottom tier. We brought our leftover tiers to a beach BBQ the next day that had about 80 of our guests in attendance. Since we stayed in Tahoe for almost a week after the wedding, we were able to eat the rest over the next few days. Our wedding was on Sunday and my father-in-law was still eating the last of our top tier on Saturday morning for breakfast before we left to go home! The cake tasted so good to everyone and stated fresh and delicious for an entire week.

Everyone raved about our cakes. I've indulged in a LOT of high end bakery cakes at weddings, parties and events in Los Angeles and Flour Girl is honestly one of the best I've ever tasted, if not thee best. We are so happy we found them!!

Delivery was smooth and the cake was set up perfectly when we first saw it during our reception. We have absolutely no regrets and only wonderful things to say about Flour Girl.

I've heard disappointing stories about frozen top tiers tasting awful a year later. We are very excited to visit Tahoe next August and order a small cake in one of our wedding flavors to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Sierra · Married on 07/17/2017

Such a beautiful and yummy cake!
    They did a great Job!
    They know what they are doing!

Sent on 08/18/2017
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 07/15/2017

Sarah and Lori were both incredibly easy to work with and made the planning process fun! They created an incredible dessert bar for us that was a hit with our guests!
    They were both so accommodating and wanted to be sure we were always happy! You can't go wrong with Flour Girl!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Valerie · Married on 07/08/2017

Flour Girl did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. Lori, thank you so much for making our experience with you guys so perfect. You are so personable and genuine and we loved working with you. Sara, you run an amazing business with amazing staff and the best cake we have ever tasted. Thank you to all for making our day so magicial!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Kendrice · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything turned out perfectly! We did cupcakes and then a small cutting cake and loved all of it.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Siobhan · Married on 06/10/2017

FLOUR GIRL IS AMAZING!!
    My husband and I first used Flour Girl for our wedding. From start to finish they were such a pleasure to work with. We visited their shop to do a tasting before deciding which cake flavors to go with and it was soooo hard to decide because they were all so delicious! The one thing that really drew us to them, was that they offer a LAVENDER HONEY flavor which is my absolute favorite! We went with a 3 tier cake and got to make each tier a different flavor. We also did an assortment of smaller desserts such as Cake Pops, Cookies, Rice Crispy Treats & Mini Cupcakes. They delivered everything to the venue on time and in perfect condition. My husband used them again recently for my birthday cake and as soon as he told the lady our names she remembered us and our cake flavors! We went again with the Lavender Honey buttercream and vanilla bean cake. It was seriously the best cake I think I have ever had! We will definitely continue to enjoy their delicious desserts!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/10/2016

Sarah and team did an amazing job! Our cake was so amazing and we special ordered a strawberry layer that was fantastic. Would highly recommend ordering from Flour Girl!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Katie · Married on 07/29/2016

Where do I begin......working with Sarah was such a fun and memorable experience. I could not have picked a better person/team to bake our wedding cakes. Not only is Sarah a great person to work with but so easy to get along with as well. Flour Girl Wedding Cakes did such an amazing job and we received so many compliments. Thanks again Sarah for making such a beautiful wedding cake!
    Derek & Katie West

Sent on 08/11/2016

Julie · Married on 05/21/2016

I went with this vendor for my daughters wedding and was thrilled!!! The cake was exactly as she wanted and tasted so amazing that everyone commented on it. The cake tasting process was also a delight and much fun. We highly recommend Flour Girl Cakes

Sent on 02/22/2017

Susan · Married on 04/30/2016

Sarah's cakes are both visually stunning and absolutely delicious. Our three tiered wedding cake was absolutely stunning and came out looking better than we could have imagined. All her flavors are amazing and it was really hard to choose between them (we had 4 flavors!). She was extremely easy to work with and created a cake that not only met but exceeded our expectations! We would highly recommend Flour Girl to anyone looking for an amazing cake for their next event!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Sabrina · Married on 04/16/2016

Sarah created exactly what I was looking for in our rustic casual wedding and the flavors were spot on!! My husband and I got married in Zephyr Cove in April and stayed for the week in Tahoe so I was able to nibble on the decadence for the remainder of the week and was VERY sad to have not finished it! Wish they delivered to Washington State!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Heather · Married on 02/06/2016

Sarah made the most delicious cake for our wedding. We only needed a 6" cake as a cutting cake and she made it happen. We choose a vanilla bean cake with a layer of raspberry preserves and layer of Bavarian cream. Covered in traditional white buttercream, probably the best i have tasted. I sent her a picture of what we wanted and she did exactly that. Very happy with our decision! Thanks Sarah.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Diane · Married on 10/04/2015

Thank you to Sarah and her girls for a wonderful addition to my daughters autumn wedding at Valhalla. The cake and cupcakes were enjoyed by all. Thank you so very much.

Diane and Katie

Sent on 10/13/2015

My gluten & dairy free wedding cake was amazing - chocolate, with chocolate ganache & coffee buttercream icing. It looked beautiful too.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Sarah made the most amazing gluten free, dairy free cake for my wedding, & it was beautiful too!

Sent on 11/04/2015

McKayla · Married on 09/20/2015

Sarah does an amazing job! I highly recommend

Sent on 01/21/2015

Paris · Married on 09/12/2015

Our guests were floored by our delicious wedding cake and cupcakes! From tasting to the wedding day Sara was easy to work with, friendly, professional, and very talented. It was so hard to choose which flavors to go with because every one was phenomenal. She happily accommodated our guests food allergies and recreated our wedding cake in cupcake form! Delivered to the West side of Lake Tahoe on time, clear contract, simple payment process. I highly recommend Flour Girl!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Cheryll · Married on 09/12/2015

This is the best in Tahoe! We recently got married and the cake was made perfectly to our specifications and was so fresh and delicious. Sarah is a joy to work with and I would recommend Flour Girl to anyone! Her cake pops are the best too! Yum! Sarah is truly an artist and very fun to work with.

Sent on 11/02/2015

nancy · Married on 08/02/2015

Sarah made a beautiful and scrumptious cake for out wedding at Lake tahoe. She was easy to work with, informative and creative.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Victoria · Married on 07/18/2015

Sarah is truly a cake master. When my mother and I went cake tasting, we had a hard time narrowing down to 3 choices because each cake and filling/frosting flavor was so good. She even suggested some unique flavor combinations that we ended up choosing because they were so good together, yet we would have never known to try them. Our cake ended up looking wonderful, and she even accommodated, making gluten-free cupcakes for my cousin with dietary restrictions. We had so many guests complimenting us on the cake after the wedding. I am so pleased with choosing Sarah to make my wedding cake

Sent on 12/28/2015

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

Best desserts my guests and I have ever had! I did a destination wedding from southern CA up in Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago and chose The Flour Girl as my wedding cake bakery. I was only able to contact them through phone calls and emails since I live so far away but the owner was wonderful at answering any questions I had, emailing me pictures, and being quick to respond. They delivered the cake and the desserts to where we were having dinner and set them up beautifully. The desserts tasted absolutely delicious, I still am craving the chocolate peanut butter whoopie pie and our wedding cake. My guests loved the desserts too. Thank you so much for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2015