Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Misty
    Misty F. Married on 04/02/2022

Beautiful and delicious cake

The cake was beautiful and every flavor was amazing! It turned out just like I hoped.
    Kelsie Married on 05/22/2021

Perfect cake

Incredible cake! Loved the look and everything about it!! All our guests loved it too. Tasted amazing!
  • Erica
    Erica B. Married on 12/19/2020

Beautiful winter cake

Sarah created the most gorgeous cake for our wedding day. All of our guests gave us so many compliments on how good the cake tasted. I highly recommend Sarah for your wedding day as she is very responsive and was so flexible with us when we had to make several changes due to covid. She will truly give you your dream wedding cake!
  • Jessica
    Jessica G. Married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful AND Delicious!

We so enjoyed our cake and desserts from Flour Girl for our 2020 wedding! Their flavor combinations are so fun and unique (and numerous - definitely go for a tasting, as it's a blast). Lori patiently guided me, my mom, and my sister through our tasting and Sarah was great with communication throughout the year leading up to our "COVID wedding," during which every detail that could possibly change did. Flour Girl was flexible, responsive, and totally on it - which meant we could focus on other stresses and just enjoy a gorgeous and delicious cake on our wedding day!
  • Ashley
    Ashley L. Married on 10/18/2020

"Prettiest macarons I've ever seen!"

Sarah made us a mini wedding cake and damask macarons for our Emerald Bay elopement. They were both lovely and delicious! We originally had bigger plans for our cake, but decided to downgrade our wedding to an elopement during the pandemic. We changed our minds and our plans a lot over the course of the planning process, but Sarah was always receptive and communicative. A friend saw photos and said the macarons were the prettiest she'd ever seen!

(Photo credit: Charleton Churchill)
  • Katherine
    Katherine M. Married on 10/17/2020

Our guests couldn't stop talking about the delicious pies and cakes!

Sarah made our fall dessert inspired menu come to life for our intimate October wedding. Flour Girl Wedding Cakes did not disappoint with a wide assortment of flavors and combinations to choose from it was hard to narrow it down to just a few pie and cake options! You always worry you're going to order too much, but our guests couldn't get enough of Sarah's desserts. They all raved about the flavor combinations and devoured every last crumb!
    Natalie N. Married on 10/02/2020

Wedding cake

I absolutely love flour girl wedding cakes! There was a little bit of craziness while trying to figure out how much cake and desserts to order due to Covid. I never knew how many people we were going to have until the week before my wedding. Sarah was so flexible and helpful with figuring it all out. Not to mention all their desserts and cakes are AMAZING!
  • Alyson
    Alyson S. Married on 09/05/2020

Best day ever

Flour Girl Wedding Cake's team made our wedding cake dreams come true! Planning a wedding during a pandemic was no easy task and they knew that and tried to make things as easy as possible. They helped us reschedule our tasting multiple times, as things were ever changing. They followed us to three different venues, delivered and set up our dessert table, and allowed us to return the cake platter later that week so we did not have to rush. Not to mention all of the desserts were AMAZING!! We cannot wait to eat our topper in one year! So grateful to have them apart of our vendor team!
  • Arielle
    Arielle S. Married on 07/10/2020

Beautiful and delicious

Sarah was a fantastic baker to work with - we were originally planning a wedding for this summer with a larger cake and a selection of desserts (the lemon bars and peanut butter balls are amazing!!) but in light of covid we had to cancel. We instead decided to do a small celebration and Sarah was so flexible in helping us get a smaller cake for the occasion. The cake both looked amazing and tasted great!
    Sydney Married on 06/20/2020

Bring on the cake!!

Sarah at Flour Girl was such a delight to work with. The tasting process (done in 2019) was flawless and it was so hard to choose our dessert assortment since everything was so tasty. We had a whole dessert assortment planned out for our wedding, but due to covid and many, many changes to our guest count, we had to scratch our original idea and go with a cake. Sarah put together a delicious cake (we actually brought a few slices home and have been slowly enjoying it since the wedding). I would highly recommend Sarah and her crew!
    Kaitlin G. Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing desserts!

Sarah and her team were absolutely incredible! We started planning with them for our wedding in 2019 for our June 2020 wedding, which was of course cancelled due to COVID. Sarah was super responsive and attentive to our needs of a new date for our wedding and did everything in her power to make sure that we had our perfect desserts on our perfect day! She delivered directly to the venue and everyone RAVED about how amazing the desserts were. We had a large variety of mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, buckeyes, Lake Tahoe sugar cookies and skipped doing a large formal cake. Guests loved that the minis were bite sized and they could have lots of them! People also absolutely raved about the sugar cookies and looking back, we probably would've added them to our favors if we knew they would be such a big hit!! Would highly recommend Sarah & Flour Girl Wedding Cakes for your next big event :)
  • Kya
    Kya S. Married on 10/26/2019

Delicious and Amazing

There was absolutely nothing left on the desert table by the end of our reception. I sat with other bakeries and was charged a ridiculous fee for trying three to four flavors. I showed up at Flour Girl with my poor and exhausted dad in tow and was absolutely amazed. They brought out several different plates with many flavors to taste. I gave them a budget and I was worried I wasn't going to get much. Was I wrong I got so much more and we left with full bellies on all the goodies we tasted. My cake was amazing, the bourbon balls a hit. The kids loved the cupcakes the most and lime I said in the beginning there was absolutely nothing left. Everything was perfect.
  • Danielle
    Danielle M. Married on 09/15/2019

Stunning and delicious

This is the most amazing vendor and my favorite part of my wedding, minus the groom. She created a delicious and beautiful story book cake for my husband and I. And she used our eccentric topper perfectly. We could not have chosen a better shop to provide our cake.

Love,
    Danielle and Bryan Mason
    Tim M. Married on 08/19/2019

Super happy with creative design and flavorful cupcakes

We were so happy with the wedding cake and cupcakes that Sarah and her team made for us! They completely ran with our ideas of using video game inspired characters as cupcake toppers and a Tetris-themed wedding cake. The results were fantastic.

Our guests couldn't stop exclaiming about how tasty the cupcakes were and how adorable the characters came out. A few even mentioned that this was the best tasting wedding cake they had ever had!
    Katie F. Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful and delicious!!

Our wedding desserts were absolutely stunning and delicious! Sarah made us a cake to cut that had a beautiful mountain scene on it. We also did a dessert bar with macaroons, cake pops, basil chocolate strawberries and pie pops. Everything was delicious and loved by our guests. Sarah set up a beautiful display as well. Highly recommend Flour Girl!
  • Amanda
    Amanda C. Married on 08/10/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

We are so glad we chose Flour Girl on our wedding day - our cake and desserts were beautiful and delicious! The service was professional and we didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of!
    Kristyn Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful Service, Quick Response

We had an amazing experience with them, from the tasting to the day of our wedding. They were clear with out choices, accomidating to make rice crispie treats for us to serve as well, and did a beautiful job of placing our flowers on our cake. Wonderful!
  • Paige
    Paige S. Married on 07/20/2019

So delicious and beautiful, easy to work with

We loved everything about our wedding cake and desserts from Flour Girl. We haven't had better-tasting cakes and cookies anywhere. All the decorations were gorgeous and Flour Girl completely handled and supplied the display items and signage for the desserts. One less thing for us to worry about - much appreciated! Sarah is super responsive and easy to work with. Tasting was low-key and fun. Value was excellent. There's absolutely nothing we would change about our desserts, and our guests were raving about them - as proof, we had barely any left over.
  • Jami
    Jami Married on 06/25/2019

So yummy and cute!!

Our cakes were so beautiful and so yummy she was able to accomplish what I wanted with individual mini cakes. The dusting of the powdered sugar on the cake cutting cake wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted the "M" to be no powdered sugar, I wanted the powdered sugar to be around the "M". The the opposite of how it was. But that was communication error not her error. It was still beautiful and still tasted amazing, pricing was great I thought.
  • Sheila
    Sheila H. Married on 06/05/2019

Beautiful, delicious and I will crave this

This was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. I was beautiful and delicious. My daughter picked the naked wedding cake and it was the best. I want to come get a cake from them again we will have to find another reason soon.
  • Alexa
    Alexa S. Married on 05/18/2019

Delicious, beautiful cake and amazing team!

We LOVED working with Flour Girl and were so happy with our wedding cake! Sarah and her team are incredibly professional and great to work with. My husband and I had such a fun time at our tasting, and Flour Girl was nice enough to let us bring along our moms and sisters to enjoy with us! The cake itself was gorgeous and SO delicious. We opted for a smaller two-tier cake plus sheet cakes so that we could offer (read: eat!) several different flavors and combinations. The cakes, icings, and fillings were all incredible, and we received so many compliments. We recommend Flour Girl 100% and are counting the days until we can eat our delicious cake in the freezer for our anniversary! :)
  • Molly
    Molly D. Married on 05/10/2019

The most amazing wedding cake! The Flour Girl team is amazing

We had the best experience working with Flour Girl- we had a multi-layer cake that was incredibly designed and tasted amazing. We had so many positive comments by guests, and we were thrilled with the results. The team was so easy to work with, and the cake is something we wish we could order annually for our anniversary if only we lived closer! It was the best decision for our wedding and we'd recommend the team to anyone- for a wedding or any special occasion. We're missing their baking just writing this review! Thanks again, we're so grateful!
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 02/01/2019

The most amazing wedding cake

Flourgirl made us the perfect wedding cake. The colors fit our theme perfectly. The marbling was just what we were looking for. They got our special wedding topper on top of the cake. All the extra desserts were fantastic and thankfully we had leftovers for the few days we spent in Tahoe before going home. I could not have been more pleased with them.
  • Rose
    Rose M. Married on 01/19/2019

Winter Wedding 2019

I booked Flour Girl Bakery as a recommendation from our hotel vendor, Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and am so glad I did!! We got engaged in September, got married in January 2019 and in between somehow planned our wedding.

Sarah was very responsive with my requests for information on pricing and types of desserts available. We chose to go with a cutting cake (single layer) and a dessert table, filled with cookies, brownies and cupcakes. Boy, all of it was gone before we even cut the cake!!

I did not even get any!! Our guests absolutely loved the display as well as the flavors and taste of the options.

I loved how for an additional fee, they provided unlimited use of their display stands, as we had family provide cake pops, and Sarah allowed them use their matching trays to display. Their pricing was very fair, and probably one of the least expensive ones that we reached out to. But although they are not expensive, the product looks and tastes like it is!!

Thank you for adding to the perfectness of our day!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 01/19/2019

Delicious Desserts

I am so glad that we chose Flour Girl Wedding Cakes for our wedding desserts. Sarah was super friendly and responsive by email (we had to plan our wedding in Lake Tahoe remotely, from Santa Fe) and she helped so much in figuring out what we wanted to do for the desserts at our reception. We ended up doing a small cutting cake, and then a large dessert buffet with brownies, cupcakes (in several flavors), rice Krispy treats, lemon bars, cookies, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Our guests were all so impressed with the variety and flavor of the desserts, and we got so many compliments on how delicious and beautiful everything was! I would absolutely recommend this bakery for any special occasion, but especially for a wedding! Thank you so much!