Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! Flour Girl Cakes really brought my vision to life and it was beyond scrumptious. We seriously could not have picked a better baker!

Jason · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding day cake

Sarah definitely nailed our vision of how we wanted our wedding cake to look like. We also had cupcakes served at our reception which went by in a flash! Not only was our cake beautiful it tastes great!

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful/delicious desserts, best vendor to work with

I can't believe how much we lucked out that we got to have Flour Girl do our wedding cake and cupcakes! Sarah was so awesome to work with-- we came in for a tasting and she helped us put together six different incredible cupcakes for our guests, including two gluten-free options, which our family and friends DEVOURED and raved about. She was unphased by our lack of a color scheme or concrete idea of what we wanted for our little couples cake, and did an amazing job of creating something that was beautiful and better than what we wanted, and most importantly tasted amazing. My husband's mom owned her own bakery for 30 years and was blown away by how amazing everything was. THANK YOU Flour Girl for everything, we couldn't recommend them more highly.

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2018

Tasty & Beautiful

We are so happy we went with Flour Girl for our wedding cake/dessert table. The tasting experience was so much fun and we were able to come up with a flavor combination for our wedding cake that we both loved. We had a champagne wedding cake filled with fresh strawberries, strawberry preserves and bavarian cream which was then rounded out by a buttercream. In addition, we served red velvet and chocolate cake pops and chocolate sea salt cookies. All of which were a huge hit! The display was beautiful and I could not have been happier with how everything looked and tasted! My in laws even used Flour Girl for a cake at at our rehearsal dinner! We could not recommend Flour Girl more for any event you may have requiring tasty treats &/or cakes!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 8
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 9
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 10
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 11
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 12
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 13

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

I was so impressed with Flour Girl! I'm a big fan of desserts but I'm also vegan so it can be a struggle trying to find a place that is accommodating. Right away Flour Girl was able to meet my needs and I couldn't be more grateful! It was such a fun experience to meet with the staff before the big day in order to try all kinds of different combinations of cakes, frosting, and fillings. We ordered a small, round, vegan cake for me and my husband to share while our guests had a large selection of cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and more to choose from. We also took advantage of renting their platters and decor items which was a huge help. It was also a plus that it went so well with our outdoor theme. Thank you Flour Girl!!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 14
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 15

Annie Scouten · Married on 08/03/2018

Awesome Cakes and Experience!

Great experience with Flour Girl Cakes. We only had a small cake but it was beautiful and delicious. I had even wrote the wrong time down for our tasting and we showed up late and they were still very nice about it and took their time with us. Highly recommended!!

• Jshurene

Jshurene · Married on 07/23/2018

Best Cake experience ever!!!!

Flour Girl Cakes is seriously top notch. The whole experience couldn't be more perfect. Not only do they have amazing tasting cakes, fillings, and icing, they went above and beyond for this displaced bride and even decorated a special cake for my groom made by my mom.
    So, my wedding was originally planned in the Caribbean but due to the major hurricanes of 2017 I had to change venues completely. So having my whole concept changed from a beach wedding to a mountain wedding was hard. Also a lot of my West Indian aspects of my weeding would not be included with all the changes. Alas, here comes Flour Girls, they allowed me to make an amazing wedding cake and then have my mom make a special West Indian Black cake and they decorated it for me, for my groom just days before the wedding. It was beautiful and top notch! Talk about going above and beyond! If ever in Tahoe, do not look anywhere else but Flour Girls!!!!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 16
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 17

Kelly · Married on 06/16/2018

Flour Girl created amazing desserts for our Lake Tahoe wedding! We had a small two-tier cutting cake which was beautifully decorated with fruit and edible flours, sheet cake, gluten-free coconut macaroons, and brownie bites. They were even able to accommodate the bride's gluten allergy and make cutting cake gluten-free. We ended up doing a combination of carrot cake and lemon cake, but we had a ton of fun at the tasting beforehand trying all the flavors and frostings! Check out photos on their instagram @flourgirlweddingcakes

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2018

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! Sarah was excited to take on our modern design and the result was fabulous! All our guests commented on the cake's beautiful execution. We were unable to have a cake tasting but any worries were unwarranted - the cake was fresh and the flavors were wonderful!

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing experience with Flour Girl Cakes. They say you only need cake/cupcakes for 70% of your guest count, but we actually had guests asking for more! 5 stars!!

Jairus and Kayla · Married on 04/21/2018

Delicious beautiful cakes

They were very easy to work with and accommodating to my requests. The cake was beautiful and sooo good. My main complaint from my wedding was that I didn't get to try all the flavors and take a plate home for later!

Melissa Dafforn · Married on 01/27/2018

Excellent Service

We planned our entire wedding six hours away from our wedding venue. We read all the reviews and chose Flour Girl Wedding Cakes strictly from the reviews. It was one of the best decisions we made! We were pleased with their service via email and phone as needed. We emailed them a picture of what we wanted and it was delivered exactly as we envisioned, if not better. The cake tasted even better than it looked! We thought we would have enough to enjoy on our honeymoon and the guests ate all the cake! Most of them had two pieces each! That speaks for itself!

Stephanie Neal · Married on 01/06/2018

Amazing talent!

Gorgeous, everything I could have wanted and more.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2017

If you have ideas talk to Sarah about them! She made our dream cake and all our desserts just how we wanted!

Valerie Coyle · Married on 09/03/2017

The best of the best!

Sarah and Lori bring the most extraordinary love and exceptional attention to detail to every single cake, cookie and pie they make. In terms of creativity and flavor, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing they can't do! The one-of-a-kind, personalized wedding cake they created for us was truly spectacular has to be seen to be believed... We are considering getting married again just for the desserts! :-) Highly, highly recommend.

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2017

Flour Girl Cake is amazing!!!!
    The flavor combinations were so incredible I had trouble making a choice! We ended up going bigger on the cake with dessert sized slices than we needed to and we had several last minute cancelations however we went home with VERY little cake!!!! Our guests really enjoyed it!!!! We loved it as well!
    Sarah and her staff are top notch at what they do! Our cake was beautiful! Their service is outstanding and they make it really easy to do business with them, even from long distance! Thank you for making our wedding day special!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 08/05/2017

I was a little nervous about selecting a wedding cake because my fiancé and I couldn’t do any cake tastings before our wedding in Lake Tahoe. And wedding cake is one of my favorite things about attending a wedding so I wanted ours to be delicious. And, I was not at all disappointed by our cake from Flour Girl. After speaking to Sarah I didn’t have any doubt that we would enjoy our wedding cake. I also ordered a groom’s cake as a surprise to my husband. I was able to communicate with Sarah what I was looking for taste and style wise and everything came out perfectly. Our guests were raving about how good the cake was! The groom’s cake was gone at the reception. And the leftover wedding cake we snacked on the whole week of our honeymoon. I actually wish I had some more cake right now.

Annabelle Pflepsen · Married on 08/05/2017

Beyond pleased!

Flour Girl was a lucky find for our wedding cakes!!

I researched all the options in the Tahoe area for our destination wedding. Based on reviews and lovely correspondence with Sarah, we went with our intuition and booked in October of 2017. Our wedding was in August 2018, and the availability of vendors was already becoming limited. I didn't want to risk losing out on a fantastic bakery.

The contract and deposit process was a breeze, Sarah was so quick to correspond and very no-nonsense. Flour Girl definitely gets it right with communication which isn't always easy to find in Tahoe.

Lori hosted our tasting in May 2018 when we visited from Los Angeles. The bakery, tasting room, brochures and presentation were totally flawless, professional and comfortable. Lori felt like a family member, she was incredibly kind, personable and patient. It felt good to be treated so well and have all the options laid out clearly.

I LOVE cake so it was a challenge to narrow down our choices because everything tasted DIVINE! The cakes are moist and flavorful, the fillings and frostings are smooth and delicious. Lori helped us pair the right cakes, fillings and frostings and we were able to make our selections before leaving. I would have loved to have some of the bolder flavor choices because I really loved all the flavors, but we went with some of our tried and true favorites. They were:

3-Tier Wedding Cake:
    6" + 9" + 12" Tiers
    Cake: Vanilla (Cake)
    Fillings: Fresh Strawberries, Strawberry Preserves and Bavarian Cream
    Frosting: Vanilla Buttercream
    Decoration: Perfectly even horizontal stucco with a cascade of flowers.
    Stand: Rented the silver base from Flour Girl which was the perfect accent.

Half Sheet Cake 1:
    Cake: Red Velvet
    Filling: Chocolate Ganache
    Frosting: Cream Cheese

Half Sheet Cake 2:
    (We also added a 6" round birthday cake for our Dad in his fave flavor)
    Cake: Marble
    Filling: Chocolate Chip Bavarian Cream
    Frosting: Chocolate Buttercream

Instead of more tiers on our wedding cake or a big dessert bar, we chose to have two additional half sheet cakes, each with two cake layers and a layer of filling between. Brilliant decision so we could have more cake and more flavors!

We had 107 people at our wedding and they ate both sheet cakes and 1/4 of our bottom tier. We brought our leftover tiers to a beach BBQ the next day that had about 80 of our guests in attendance. Since we stayed in Tahoe for almost a week after the wedding, we were able to eat the rest over the next few days. Our wedding was on Sunday and my father-in-law was still eating the last of our top tier on Saturday morning for breakfast before we left to go home! The cake tasted so good to everyone and stated fresh and delicious for an entire week.

Everyone raved about our cakes. I've indulged in a LOT of high end bakery cakes at weddings, parties and events in Los Angeles and Flour Girl is honestly one of the best I've ever tasted, if not thee best. We are so happy we found them!!

Delivery was smooth and the cake was set up perfectly when we first saw it during our reception. We have absolutely no regrets and only wonderful things to say about Flour Girl.

I've heard disappointing stories about frozen top tiers tasting awful a year later. We are very excited to visit Tahoe next August and order a small cake in one of our wedding flavors to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

Sierra · Married on 07/17/2017

Such a beautiful and yummy cake!
    They did a great Job!
    They know what they are doing!

• Marta

Marta · Married on 07/15/2017

Sarah and Lori were both incredibly easy to work with and made the planning process fun! They created an incredible dessert bar for us that was a hit with our guests!
    They were both so accommodating and wanted to be sure we were always happy! You can't go wrong with Flour Girl!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 18
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 19

Valerie · Married on 07/08/2017

Flour Girl did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. Lori, thank you so much for making our experience with you guys so perfect. You are so personable and genuine and we loved working with you. Sara, you run an amazing business with amazing staff and the best cake we have ever tasted. Thank you to all for making our day so magicial!

Kendrice · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything turned out perfectly! We did cupcakes and then a small cutting cake and loved all of it.

Siobhan · Married on 06/10/2017

FLOUR GIRL IS AMAZING!!
    My husband and I first used Flour Girl for our wedding. From start to finish they were such a pleasure to work with. We visited their shop to do a tasting before deciding which cake flavors to go with and it was soooo hard to decide because they were all so delicious! The one thing that really drew us to them, was that they offer a LAVENDER HONEY flavor which is my absolute favorite! We went with a 3 tier cake and got to make each tier a different flavor. We also did an assortment of smaller desserts such as Cake Pops, Cookies, Rice Crispy Treats & Mini Cupcakes. They delivered everything to the venue on time and in perfect condition. My husband used them again recently for my birthday cake and as soon as he told the lady our names she remembered us and our cake flavors! We went again with the Lavender Honey buttercream and vanilla bean cake. It was seriously the best cake I think I have ever had! We will definitely continue to enjoy their delicious desserts!

Rachel · Married on 09/10/2016

Sarah and team did an amazing job! Our cake was so amazing and we special ordered a strawberry layer that was fantastic. Would highly recommend ordering from Flour Girl!

Katie · Married on 07/29/2016

Where do I begin......working with Sarah was such a fun and memorable experience. I could not have picked a better person/team to bake our wedding cakes. Not only is Sarah a great person to work with but so easy to get along with as well. Flour Girl Wedding Cakes did such an amazing job and we received so many compliments. Thanks again Sarah for making such a beautiful wedding cake!
    Derek & Katie West