Flour Girl Wedding Cakes Reviews

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 5
  • Kya

Kya Swartzbaugh · Married on 10/26/2019

Delicious and Amazing

There was absolutely nothing left on the desert table by the end of our reception. I sat with other bakeries and was charged a ridiculous fee for trying three to four flavors. I showed up at Flour Girl with my poor and exhausted dad in tow and was absolutely amazed. They brought out several different plates with many flavors to taste. I gave them a budget and I was worried I wasn't going to get much. Was I wrong I got so much more and we left with full bellies on all the goodies we tasted. My cake was amazing, the bourbon balls a hit. The kids loved the cupcakes the most and lime I said in the beginning there was absolutely nothing left. Everything was perfect.

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 6
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 7
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 8
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 9
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 10
    Sent on 11/17/2019

Tim Murray · Married on 08/19/2019

Super happy with creative design and flavorful cupcakes

We were so happy with the wedding cake and cupcakes that Sarah and her team made for us! They completely ran with our ideas of using video game inspired characters as cupcake toppers and a Tetris-themed wedding cake. The results were fantastic.

Our guests couldn't stop exclaiming about how tasty the cupcakes were and how adorable the characters came out. A few even mentioned that this was the best tasting wedding cake they had ever had!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Katie Falk · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful and delicious!!

Our wedding desserts were absolutely stunning and delicious! Sarah made us a cake to cut that had a beautiful mountain scene on it. We also did a dessert bar with macaroons, cake pops, basil chocolate strawberries and pie pops. Everything was delicious and loved by our guests. Sarah set up a beautiful display as well. Highly recommend Flour Girl!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Kristyn · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful Service, Quick Response

We had an amazing experience with them, from the tasting to the day of our wedding. They were clear with out choices, accomidating to make rice crispie treats for us to serve as well, and did a beautiful job of placing our flowers on our cake. Wonderful!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Paige

Paige Schwartz · Married on 07/20/2019

So delicious and beautiful, easy to work with

We loved everything about our wedding cake and desserts from Flour Girl. We haven't had better-tasting cakes and cookies anywhere. All the decorations were gorgeous and Flour Girl completely handled and supplied the display items and signage for the desserts. One less thing for us to worry about - much appreciated! Sarah is super responsive and easy to work with. Tasting was low-key and fun. Value was excellent. There's absolutely nothing we would change about our desserts, and our guests were raving about them - as proof, we had barely any left over.

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Jami

Jami · Married on 06/25/2019

So yummy and cute!!

Our cakes were so beautiful and so yummy she was able to accomplish what I wanted with individual mini cakes. The dusting of the powdered sugar on the cake cutting cake wasn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted the "M" to be no powdered sugar, I wanted the powdered sugar to be around the "M". The the opposite of how it was. But that was communication error not her error. It was still beautiful and still tasted amazing, pricing was great I thought.

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 11
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 16
    Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Sheila

Sheila Howard · Married on 06/05/2019

Beautiful, delicious and I will crave this

This was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. I was beautiful and delicious. My daughter picked the naked wedding cake and it was the best. I want to come get a cake from them again we will have to find another reason soon.

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 17
    Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa Smith · Married on 05/18/2019

Delicious, beautiful cake and amazing team!

We LOVED working with Flour Girl and were so happy with our wedding cake! Sarah and her team are incredibly professional and great to work with. My husband and I had such a fun time at our tasting, and Flour Girl was nice enough to let us bring along our moms and sisters to enjoy with us! The cake itself was gorgeous and SO delicious. We opted for a smaller two-tier cake plus sheet cakes so that we could offer (read: eat!) several different flavors and combinations. The cakes, icings, and fillings were all incredible, and we received so many compliments. We recommend Flour Girl 100% and are counting the days until we can eat our delicious cake in the freezer for our anniversary! :)

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 18
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 19
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 20
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 21
    Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Megan

Megan Crimmins · Married on 02/01/2019

The most amazing wedding cake

Flourgirl made us the perfect wedding cake. The colors fit our theme perfectly. The marbling was just what we were looking for. They got our special wedding topper on top of the cake. All the extra desserts were fantastic and thankfully we had leftovers for the few days we spent in Tahoe before going home. I could not have been more pleased with them.

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 22
    Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Rose

Rose Macisaac · Married on 01/19/2019

Winter Wedding 2019

I booked Flour Girl Bakery as a recommendation from our hotel vendor, Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel and am so glad I did!! We got engaged in September, got married in January 2019 and in between somehow planned our wedding.

Sarah was very responsive with my requests for information on pricing and types of desserts available. We chose to go with a cutting cake (single layer) and a dessert table, filled with cookies, brownies and cupcakes. Boy, all of it was gone before we even cut the cake!!

I did not even get any!! Our guests absolutely loved the display as well as the flavors and taste of the options.

I loved how for an additional fee, they provided unlimited use of their display stands, as we had family provide cake pops, and Sarah allowed them use their matching trays to display. Their pricing was very fair, and probably one of the least expensive ones that we reached out to. But although they are not expensive, the product looks and tastes like it is!!

Thank you for adding to the perfectness of our day!!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2019

Delicious Desserts

I am so glad that we chose Flour Girl Wedding Cakes for our wedding desserts. Sarah was super friendly and responsive by email (we had to plan our wedding in Lake Tahoe remotely, from Santa Fe) and she helped so much in figuring out what we wanted to do for the desserts at our reception. We ended up doing a small cutting cake, and then a large dessert buffet with brownies, cupcakes (in several flavors), rice Krispy treats, lemon bars, cookies, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Our guests were all so impressed with the variety and flavor of the desserts, and we got so many compliments on how delicious and beautiful everything was! I would absolutely recommend this bakery for any special occasion, but especially for a wedding! Thank you so much!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 34
    Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/11/2018

Beautiful and delicious!

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! Flour Girl Cakes really brought my vision to life and it was beyond scrumptious. We seriously could not have picked a better baker!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Jason · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding day cake

Sarah definitely nailed our vision of how we wanted our wedding cake to look like. We also had cupcakes served at our reception which went by in a flash! Not only was our cake beautiful it tastes great!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful/delicious desserts, best vendor to work with

I can't believe how much we lucked out that we got to have Flour Girl do our wedding cake and cupcakes! Sarah was so awesome to work with-- we came in for a tasting and she helped us put together six different incredible cupcakes for our guests, including two gluten-free options, which our family and friends DEVOURED and raved about. She was unphased by our lack of a color scheme or concrete idea of what we wanted for our little couples cake, and did an amazing job of creating something that was beautiful and better than what we wanted, and most importantly tasted amazing. My husband's mom owned her own bakery for 30 years and was blown away by how amazing everything was. THANK YOU Flour Girl for everything, we couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2018

Tasty & Beautiful

We are so happy we went with Flour Girl for our wedding cake/dessert table. The tasting experience was so much fun and we were able to come up with a flavor combination for our wedding cake that we both loved. We had a champagne wedding cake filled with fresh strawberries, strawberry preserves and bavarian cream which was then rounded out by a buttercream. In addition, we served red velvet and chocolate cake pops and chocolate sea salt cookies. All of which were a huge hit! The display was beautiful and I could not have been happier with how everything looked and tasted! My in laws even used Flour Girl for a cake at at our rehearsal dinner! We could not recommend Flour Girl more for any event you may have requiring tasty treats &/or cakes!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 35
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 36
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 37
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 38
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 39
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 40
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

I was so impressed with Flour Girl! I'm a big fan of desserts but I'm also vegan so it can be a struggle trying to find a place that is accommodating. Right away Flour Girl was able to meet my needs and I couldn't be more grateful! It was such a fun experience to meet with the staff before the big day in order to try all kinds of different combinations of cakes, frosting, and fillings. We ordered a small, round, vegan cake for me and my husband to share while our guests had a large selection of cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and more to choose from. We also took advantage of renting their platters and decor items which was a huge help. It was also a plus that it went so well with our outdoor theme. Thank you Flour Girl!!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 41
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 42
    Sent on 09/07/2018

Annie Scouten · Married on 08/03/2018

Awesome Cakes and Experience!

Great experience with Flour Girl Cakes. We only had a small cake but it was beautiful and delicious. I had even wrote the wrong time down for our tasting and we showed up late and they were still very nice about it and took their time with us. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Jshurene

Jshurene · Married on 07/23/2018

Best Cake experience ever!!!!

Flour Girl Cakes is seriously top notch. The whole experience couldn't be more perfect. Not only do they have amazing tasting cakes, fillings, and icing, they went above and beyond for this displaced bride and even decorated a special cake for my groom made by my mom.
    So, my wedding was originally planned in the Caribbean but due to the major hurricanes of 2017 I had to change venues completely. So having my whole concept changed from a beach wedding to a mountain wedding was hard. Also a lot of my West Indian aspects of my weeding would not be included with all the changes. Alas, here comes Flour Girls, they allowed me to make an amazing wedding cake and then have my mom make a special West Indian Black cake and they decorated it for me, for my groom just days before the wedding. It was beautiful and top notch! Talk about going above and beyond! If ever in Tahoe, do not look anywhere else but Flour Girls!!!!

Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 43
    Flour Girl Wedding Cakes 44
    Sent on 12/12/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/16/2018

Flour Girl created amazing desserts for our Lake Tahoe wedding! We had a small two-tier cutting cake which was beautifully decorated with fruit and edible flours, sheet cake, gluten-free coconut macaroons, and brownie bites. They were even able to accommodate the bride's gluten allergy and make cutting cake gluten-free. We ended up doing a combination of carrot cake and lemon cake, but we had a ton of fun at the tasting beforehand trying all the flavors and frostings! Check out photos on their instagram @flourgirlweddingcakes

Sent on 06/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2018

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! Sarah was excited to take on our modern design and the result was fabulous! All our guests commented on the cake's beautiful execution. We were unable to have a cake tasting but any worries were unwarranted - the cake was fresh and the flavors were wonderful!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing experience with Flour Girl Cakes. They say you only need cake/cupcakes for 70% of your guest count, but we actually had guests asking for more! 5 stars!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Jairus and Kayla · Married on 04/21/2018

Delicious beautiful cakes

They were very easy to work with and accommodating to my requests. The cake was beautiful and sooo good. My main complaint from my wedding was that I didn't get to try all the flavors and take a plate home for later!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Melissa Dafforn · Married on 01/27/2018

Excellent Service

We planned our entire wedding six hours away from our wedding venue. We read all the reviews and chose Flour Girl Wedding Cakes strictly from the reviews. It was one of the best decisions we made! We were pleased with their service via email and phone as needed. We emailed them a picture of what we wanted and it was delivered exactly as we envisioned, if not better. The cake tasted even better than it looked! We thought we would have enough to enjoy on our honeymoon and the guests ate all the cake! Most of them had two pieces each! That speaks for itself!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Stephanie Neal · Married on 01/06/2018

Amazing talent!

Gorgeous, everything I could have wanted and more.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2017

If you have ideas talk to Sarah about them! She made our dream cake and all our desserts just how we wanted!

Sent on 12/13/2017