FlorUnique Reviews

72 Reviews for FlorUnique

• Cynthia

Cynthia Rizzoli · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Florist Guru

FlorUnique is the best hidden gem in the South Bay. It is tucked in Redondo Beach near the Marina. My fiance and I had scoped out a few other flower establishments in the South Bay area for our Wedding and Winnie from FlorUnique stood out by far! What I really loved from the first time meeting with her was how creative and innovative she was. We told her colors and the theme we imagined our wedding to be and she would be physically grabbing flowers and fillers to set examples. It was amazing to watch but realistically, so helpful! We had our wedding on a 70ft yacht, so I knew FlorUnique was the one after the first visit to be creative and help our vision come true.

Communication was right on point. Every email and text message was responded to promptly. As promised, she texted me multiple pictures the day before the wedding asking if I approve of all the flowers in my bouquet.

As far as budget, Winnie worked with us every step of the way. There were times when we added and made changes and she was very accommodating. Budgets are very real when it comes to weddings and she totally understood how to work within our specific budget and still make it look amazing!

Being an anxious bride with no wedding coordinator, we wanted to make sure every vendor was absolutely set. Having Winnie in my corner was a weight lifted off from our shoulders.

I have to also throw in here, I requested a last minute boutonniere for my father and she texted back immediately saying she totally can do it.

Literally, everybody who attended our wedding was in awe over the flowers and our photographer. But that's another story.

I highly recommend FlorUnique to all those looking for beautiful, creative, fascinating flower decor for all occasions.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Cynthia Nast · Married on 08/16/2019

Beautiful flowers

Worked with me to get just what I wanted. The flowers were beautiful.

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 06/30/2019

Fantastic Experience!

Working with Winnie & FlorUnique couldn't have been more fantastic! From our first conversation, thru to the day after the event, she fully embraced our quirky concept and to say she exceeded our expectations would be an understatement. From the lit branch tree place card table, to the personalized centerpieces, to the absolutely stunning fabric and floral Chuppah, Winnie took the time to hear us and bring our vision to a beyond breathtaking reality. We wish we could get married AGAIN to be able to work with her, and would recommend her & FlorUnique to ANYONE looking.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Carol · Married on 06/22/2019

Love FlorUnique!!!

Winnie was fantastic! She really took the time to listen to what we wanted and actually created some of the arrangements while we were talking at our first visit. That was SO helpful!!! She knew our venue and she had several creative ideas about how to make it look really special! I highly recommend FlorUnique!!!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Tracey · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful and accommodating

Winnie is great! She did everything she could to design flowers and arrangements that I was imagining - she even brought in flowers that weren’t even in season! She created some really unique arrangements for my untraditional taste.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Kathryn · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing!! Highly recommended

Absolutely amazing! Highly recommended. I just had a vague idea of they style I wanted for my wedding but couldn’t put into words exactly what flowers I wanted. She did an amazing job of putting exactly what I wanted together. I left it mostly in her hands and I could not have been happier! Her flower display was breathtaking. She truly did exactly what I had dreamed of. Every step of the way she was involved and very responsive. I could not have asked for a more amazing florist for my wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing experience and gorgeous results!

Winnie at FlorUnique was amazing, an absolute artist and such a pleasure to work with. Our arrangements, bouquets, and altar came out flawless. I had people complimenting the flowers all day. Throughout the reception people kept coming up to our sweetheart table to admire them, and they photographed beautifully.
    When searching for a vendor, I kept finding salespeople who just wanted to sell from a catalogue of their prior work and sub in my favorite flower. Winnie, on the other hand, was the artist I was looking for. She truly cared about making the arrangements unique and specific to us. She had us meet her at the Shade Hotel Wedding Expo. We gravitated toward a display without even knowing it was hers, and immediately fell in love when we met her.
    We talked for a while and then she asked me something no one else had... "what DON'T you like about this set up?" It was such a better way to direct the conversation. She was able to get to the point of what we liked and suggest substitutions and pairings more effectively. Then she pulled out a sketch book and drew out some ideas on the spot.
    Next, we set up a time to visit her studio so she could mock up a centerpiece before creating the quote. It meant the world to me to be able to see and touch examples of what we would actually get.
    When we came to her shop, she had a bunch of the flowers we discussed set out, and then she created a centerpiece in front of us. It was awesome to be able to give our input as she worked and make changes on the spot. She was great with criticism as well. If something didn't seem quite right, she didn't take offense or get annoyed, she just tore it out and came up with a new idea. It was such a fun and creative process, and the result was so uniquely us.
    Winnie took her time and never made us feel rushed or pressured when we met. She really cared about us and our day and she wouldn't rest until she saw that sparkle in our eye. After we booked her, she never stopped communicating with us. She even sent photos of my bridal bouquet the night before the wedding, giving me the chance to make any last minute changes if needed (none were though, it was perfect).
    FlorUnique was well worth every penny we spent, and I can't say that about every vendor we chose. Winnie charges her worth, but she was upfront the whole time keeping expectations vs reality in check. We chose some of the more exotic flowers, which means more money. Other vendors tried to deter us from using them to stay within our budget. Winnie took the time to help us think outside the box and found ways to use less florals in certain areas so we could use more where it really counted. She came up with alternatives for certain areas that didn't require us to compromise our style or go over budget. She even found ways to reuse flowers throughout the day, moving and changing arrangements from the ceremony to the reception. I also really appreciated that she never placated us. She has the experience to know what works and what doesn't, and she's not afraid to tell you. She helped steer us in the right direction and didn't make us pay for things we didn't need.
    I could go on and on about Winnie. She was a dream to work with and I honestly miss being in touch with her. This review is long overdue as our wedding was back in April, but better late than never. I will use FlorUnique for all my future events and will be recommending her to everyone.
    Book FlorUnique and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • W

Wen-Hsin Jiang · Married on 09/29/2018

We loved Winnie's work!

We were first introduced to FlorUnique through our wedding planner and met with Winnie at her shop for a consultation. We wanted to minimize using flowers since some of our family members are allergic to pollen so we wanted to use succulents as our floral decors instead. She carefully listened to what we had envisioned and provided us with some ideas and mockups.

On the wedding day, the florals turned out exactly what we had envisioned and more! Winnie took care of every details including our bar decors and floral collar for our dog. Everything was so beautiful and cohesive and our center pieces were a hit among our guests! We were able to take our sweetheart table succulents home and replanted them in our patio, allowing us to always remember what a beautiful night it was.

We definitely recommend FlorUnique for floral vendor because Winnie makes magic!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Kimberly · Married on 08/18/2018

Beautiful colors!

Winnie was amazing to work with! The process of putting together my vision with her was fun and easy. The outcome was above and beyond what I expected and I felt like she really brought the venue and my day to life! People are still raving about the flower arrangements! When I saw my bouquet I immediately fell in love and am so appreciative of her hard work and creativity.

• Phil

Phil · Married on 07/28/2018

Best Wedding Flowers in LA Area!

Winnie did a phenomenal job with the flowers at our wedding. They were absolutely beautiful and we're still getting compliments about them, months later. We came in not knowing very much about flowers, but Winnie patiently walked us through all of our different options. She had no trouble making modifications at our request, and the result was perfection. I would highly recommend Winnie to any couple for their wedding.

sean · Married on 07/21/2018

Best place to go to for flowers and Winnie is so sweet!!

We had the best experience with Florunique!!! Winnie is such a sweet person and she made our experience so easy and in our price range! Did not pressure us and we waited until the last minute and she made it go so smoothly! She also had a full tub of flowers to show us and actually cut the and formed them into what it would be at our wedding!!! Who does that!!! So nice of her! Highly recommend!!!! Such a nice person!!!

Beth · Married on 07/07/2018

Winnie is the BEST!!!

Our wedding flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Before our initial consultation, Winnie asked us about our flower preferences, wedding colors, personal style, etc. When we arrived at FlorUnique, Winnie had all of our favorite flowers on hand and she put together a gorgeous sample bouquet on the spot. There was no doubt in my mind that Winnie was the florist for us!

I was originally referred to Winnie at FlorUnique by my spin class instructor (Winnie did a gorgeous job with her wedding flowers!) and later found out that she had also done my brother’s wedding 15 years earlier. My mom told me she was amazingly talented — a true artist — and she was so impressed with how she handled everything the day of my brother’s wedding (it was 105 degrees, the cake melted and Winnie saved the day by strategically covering the cake with gorgeous flowers).

Winnie is warm, sweet, kind, easygoing, detail oriented, passionate and insanely talented! She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows.
    She knew exactly how to realize our vision — classy with a casual elegance — and she went above and beyond to execute it perfectly. She was great at communicating with us every step of the way and very conscientious of staying within our budget.

The day of our wedding turned out to be the hottest day of the year — around 100 degrees — and once again Winnie had the challenge of dealing with delicate flowers during a heatwave. And as if that weren’t enough, her assistant injured herself the morning of our wedding and ended up in urgent care, so Winnie was left to do everything on her own. I’m not sure how she did it, but she managed to pull it off. Every little detail — from the charms on my bouquet to the floral wreaths for my nieces to the stunning flowers on our cake — was sheer PERFECTION! She even repurposed the flowers from our arch/chuppah for our sweetheart table which made me so happy because I hated the idea of those flowers being used for such a short time and going to waste. I was also able to save many of the succulents from our arrangements and they are now in a hanging wall garden in our backyard — a wonderful reminder of our special day!

Winnie…we cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so magical!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jacey Affonso · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing! All of our expectations were exceeded!

We had the most incredible experience with FlorUnique. Our flowers were the highlight of our wedding decor and a talk among our wedding guests everytime our wedding day came up. Winnie has an amazing talent turning your vision into reality!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Katie Baskin · Married on 04/28/2018

Winnie is Top Notch!

Winnie is the most amazing florist! Highly recommend. From the start of our initial consultation, we could tell Winnie was the perfect florist for us. She listened and understood what we wanted, and also made wonderful suggestions to make our ideas come to life in ways we didn't even think were possible!
    From just talking to Winnie, it is so clear that she has a passion for weddings, floral design, and love. We wanted something a bit challenging that we weren't sure was possible, Winnie excitedly took on the challenge and made something more beautiful that we even imagined.
    She had a smile on her face the entire time and was a joy to work with. Working with Winnie was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Maxwell · Married on 11/24/2017

FlorUnique totally delivered beyond our expectations for our wedding! The flowers and arrangements were absolutely beautiful. The perfect touch to top off our amazing wedding! Thank you Winnie!

• I

isun · Married on 11/24/2017

I am so happy that I found Winnie and worked with her. My first experience was a flower crown and she made exactly what I had in mind. For my engagement, the first thing I was sure about was my florist. Winnie spent a lot of time working with me, she was so flexible and creative, she actually cared about what I wanted and could do everything I was looking for within my budget. Everyone was talking about the beauty of the flowers and it made me feel great!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Beth · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Winnie at FlorUnique was literally my favorite part of the wedding planning process. Walking into her office, I knew what sort of theme and atmosphere I wanted for my wedding, but not specific flowers or arrangements. Because of this, I had struggled through consults with other florists. Not so with Winnie. Through the course of our initial consult, Winnie seemingly effortlessly created prototypes of the perfect floral arrangements for my ceremony and reception. Throughout the whole process, Winnie was patient, flexible, and just delightful to work with. She went above and beyond in all aspects. The day of my wedding proved to be no exception. The bouquets for my bridal party were simply stunning and she had transformed my reception into a magical candlelit botanic wonderland. Apart from the groom, contracting Winnie at FlorUnique was the best wedding decision that I made. Thank you Winnie!

• Angela

Angela · Married on 11/11/2017

Outstanding service and should get 10 stars for what a wonderful wedding experience and flowers we got. Great flowers worth every penny I spent with them! The best florist around for sure. The were so fresh and beautiful and perfect!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Emily · Married on 10/22/2017

I absolutely love Winnie. I wanted a bright, fresh, sea-side wedding and she totally got my vision and created beautiful arrangements for my wedding. She was such a delight to work with and threw in so many beautiful extras to make everything so amazing. Highly recommend her.

Christine · Married on 09/30/2017

Winnie is an absolute genius and she is so incredibly sweet. She really works hard to make everything absolutely gorgeous and perfect. She left no stone unturned and even went above and beyond what we asked for. She was an absolute joy to work with and she made my wedding flowers everything I ever hoped they would be.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2017

Winnie did an AMAZING job with our flowers, evoking a sense of magic and true artistry. We wanted to integrate Japanese Ikebana style flower arranging into our decor, and Winnie did an incredible job communicating and working with us to create arrangements in the style we wanted. When my bridesmaids first saw their bouquets, they literally gasped with delight at their beauty (and then immediately started taking pictures of them). Winnie was also open to our request to use mostly native, sustainably grown plants, which was important to us. The day after the wedding, we delivered extra centerpieces to friends and family as gifts to brighten up their homes. We are so grateful to Winnie for making our special day beautiful and elegant, with vibrant pops of color!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Tanya · Married on 07/02/2016

We loved our service from Winnie. She was great from the start. We started off with somewhat of a limited budget and she was able to work with us to make sure we got what we wanted and were still able to stay close to our budget. She was very attentive to detail and made sure that she understood what we liked. We had a consultation with her and she was able to actually do a mock bouquet which I thought was really nice so I could visually see size, coloring, etc. She arrived on time to set up for the wedding and she did an amazing job! Everything turned out really beautiful! We couldn't be happier. Winnie was very friendly and professional and we would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Christina · Married on 06/11/2016

Apart from my venue (and my husband, of course), my flowers from Winnie at FlorUnique were my favorite part of my wedding. Winne really took the time to meet with me and my then fiance to discuss the feel and look we had in mind, designed the arrangements with us from scratch, adding some flowers and taking the ones out that we didn't like. The end result was straight out of a fairy tale with a gorgeous lush arch and stunning centerpieces. I loved everything about our flowers, from the colors and arrangements to the freshness and specific florals that were used. And she was able to accomplish so much on our very tight budget. We would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Absolutely amazing job. Accomplished our vision perfectly and went over and beyond decorating and adding little surprises. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Kaylee · Married on 05/14/2016

I recommend Winnie to EVERYONE! I wanted to hire a local vendor close by and found FlorUnique. We met with Winnie and she had already prepared some floral arrangements that matched the flowers I had mentioned on the phone. She worked with us to stay within our budget which even meant she stayed through our Ceremony to reuse the flowers for the Reception. Truly a wonderful, professional, caring person who made the wedding flowers BEAUTIFUL! Thank You Winnie!

Sent on 06/13/2016