FlorUnique Reviews

FlorUnique 7
  • W

Wen-Hsin Jiang · Married on 09/29/2018

We loved Winnie's work!

We were first introduced to FlorUnique through our wedding planner and met with Winnie at her shop for a consultation. We wanted to minimize using flowers since some of our family members are allergic to pollen so we wanted to use succulents as our floral decors instead. She carefully listened to what we had envisioned and provided us with some ideas and mockups.

On the wedding day, the florals turned out exactly what we had envisioned and more! Winnie took care of every details including our bar decors and floral collar for our dog. Everything was so beautiful and cohesive and our center pieces were a hit among our guests! We were able to take our sweetheart table succulents home and replanted them in our patio, allowing us to always remember what a beautiful night it was.

We definitely recommend FlorUnique for floral vendor because Winnie makes magic!

Kimberly · Married on 08/18/2018

Beautiful colors!

Winnie was amazing to work with! The process of putting together my vision with her was fun and easy. The outcome was above and beyond what I expected and I felt like she really brought the venue and my day to life! People are still raving about the flower arrangements! When I saw my bouquet I immediately fell in love and am so appreciative of her hard work and creativity.

FlorUnique 8
    FlorUnique 9
    FlorUnique 10
  • Phil

Phil · Married on 07/28/2018

Best Wedding Flowers in LA Area!

Winnie did a phenomenal job with the flowers at our wedding. They were absolutely beautiful and we're still getting compliments about them, months later. We came in not knowing very much about flowers, but Winnie patiently walked us through all of our different options. She had no trouble making modifications at our request, and the result was perfection. I would highly recommend Winnie to any couple for their wedding.

FlorUnique 11
    FlorUnique 12
    FlorUnique 13
    FlorUnique 14

sean · Married on 07/21/2018

Best place to go to for flowers and Winnie is so sweet!!

We had the best experience with Florunique!!! Winnie is such a sweet person and she made our experience so easy and in our price range! Did not pressure us and we waited until the last minute and she made it go so smoothly! She also had a full tub of flowers to show us and actually cut the and formed them into what it would be at our wedding!!! Who does that!!! So nice of her! Highly recommend!!!! Such a nice person!!!

FlorUnique 15

Beth · Married on 07/07/2018

Winnie is the BEST!!!

Our wedding flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Before our initial consultation, Winnie asked us about our flower preferences, wedding colors, personal style, etc. When we arrived at FlorUnique, Winnie had all of our favorite flowers on hand and she put together a gorgeous sample bouquet on the spot. There was no doubt in my mind that Winnie was the florist for us!

I was originally referred to Winnie at FlorUnique by my spin class instructor (Winnie did a gorgeous job with her wedding flowers!) and later found out that she had also done my brother’s wedding 15 years earlier. My mom told me she was amazingly talented — a true artist — and she was so impressed with how she handled everything the day of my brother’s wedding (it was 105 degrees, the cake melted and Winnie saved the day by strategically covering the cake with gorgeous flowers).

Winnie is warm, sweet, kind, easygoing, detail oriented, passionate and insanely talented! She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows.
    She knew exactly how to realize our vision — classy with a casual elegance — and she went above and beyond to execute it perfectly. She was great at communicating with us every step of the way and very conscientious of staying within our budget.

The day of our wedding turned out to be the hottest day of the year — around 100 degrees — and once again Winnie had the challenge of dealing with delicate flowers during a heatwave. And as if that weren’t enough, her assistant injured herself the morning of our wedding and ended up in urgent care, so Winnie was left to do everything on her own. I’m not sure how she did it, but she managed to pull it off. Every little detail — from the charms on my bouquet to the floral wreaths for my nieces to the stunning flowers on our cake — was sheer PERFECTION! She even repurposed the flowers from our arch/chuppah for our sweetheart table which made me so happy because I hated the idea of those flowers being used for such a short time and going to waste. I was also able to save many of the succulents from our arrangements and they are now in a hanging wall garden in our backyard — a wonderful reminder of our special day!

Winnie…we cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so magical!!!

FlorUnique 16
    FlorUnique 23
    FlorUnique 24
    FlorUnique 25

Jacey Affonso · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing! All of our expectations were exceeded!

We had the most incredible experience with FlorUnique. Our flowers were the highlight of our wedding decor and a talk among our wedding guests everytime our wedding day came up. Winnie has an amazing talent turning your vision into reality!

FlorUnique 26

Katie Baskin · Married on 04/28/2018

Winnie is Top Notch!

Winnie is the most amazing florist! Highly recommend. From the start of our initial consultation, we could tell Winnie was the perfect florist for us. She listened and understood what we wanted, and also made wonderful suggestions to make our ideas come to life in ways we didn't even think were possible!
    From just talking to Winnie, it is so clear that she has a passion for weddings, floral design, and love. We wanted something a bit challenging that we weren't sure was possible, Winnie excitedly took on the challenge and made something more beautiful that we even imagined.
    She had a smile on her face the entire time and was a joy to work with. Working with Winnie was a wonderful experience.

Maxwell · Married on 11/24/2017

FlorUnique totally delivered beyond our expectations for our wedding! The flowers and arrangements were absolutely beautiful. The perfect touch to top off our amazing wedding! Thank you Winnie!

• I

isun · Married on 11/24/2017

I am so happy that I found Winnie and worked with her. My first experience was a flower crown and she made exactly what I had in mind. For my engagement, the first thing I was sure about was my florist. Winnie spent a lot of time working with me, she was so flexible and creative, she actually cared about what I wanted and could do everything I was looking for within my budget. Everyone was talking about the beauty of the flowers and it made me feel great!

FlorUnique 27
    FlorUnique 28
    FlorUnique 29
    FlorUnique 30
    FlorUnique 31

Beth · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Winnie at FlorUnique was literally my favorite part of the wedding planning process. Walking into her office, I knew what sort of theme and atmosphere I wanted for my wedding, but not specific flowers or arrangements. Because of this, I had struggled through consults with other florists. Not so with Winnie. Through the course of our initial consult, Winnie seemingly effortlessly created prototypes of the perfect floral arrangements for my ceremony and reception. Throughout the whole process, Winnie was patient, flexible, and just delightful to work with. She went above and beyond in all aspects. The day of my wedding proved to be no exception. The bouquets for my bridal party were simply stunning and she had transformed my reception into a magical candlelit botanic wonderland. Apart from the groom, contracting Winnie at FlorUnique was the best wedding decision that I made. Thank you Winnie!

FlorUnique 32
    FlorUnique 38
    FlorUnique 39
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/11/2017

Outstanding service and should get 10 stars for what a wonderful wedding experience and flowers we got. Great flowers worth every penny I spent with them! The best florist around for sure. The were so fresh and beautiful and perfect!

Emily · Married on 10/22/2017

I absolutely love Winnie. I wanted a bright, fresh, sea-side wedding and she totally got my vision and created beautiful arrangements for my wedding. She was such a delight to work with and threw in so many beautiful extras to make everything so amazing. Highly recommend her.

FlorUnique 40
    FlorUnique 41
    FlorUnique 42
    FlorUnique 43

Christine · Married on 09/30/2017

Winnie is an absolute genius and she is so incredibly sweet. She really works hard to make everything absolutely gorgeous and perfect. She left no stone unturned and even went above and beyond what we asked for. She was an absolute joy to work with and she made my wedding flowers everything I ever hoped they would be.

FlorUnique 44
    FlorUnique 49
    FlorUnique 50
    FlorUnique 51

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2017

Winnie did an AMAZING job with our flowers, evoking a sense of magic and true artistry. We wanted to integrate Japanese Ikebana style flower arranging into our decor, and Winnie did an incredible job communicating and working with us to create arrangements in the style we wanted. When my bridesmaids first saw their bouquets, they literally gasped with delight at their beauty (and then immediately started taking pictures of them). Winnie was also open to our request to use mostly native, sustainably grown plants, which was important to us. The day after the wedding, we delivered extra centerpieces to friends and family as gifts to brighten up their homes. We are so grateful to Winnie for making our special day beautiful and elegant, with vibrant pops of color!

Tanya · Married on 07/02/2016

We loved our service from Winnie. She was great from the start. We started off with somewhat of a limited budget and she was able to work with us to make sure we got what we wanted and were still able to stay close to our budget. She was very attentive to detail and made sure that she understood what we liked. We had a consultation with her and she was able to actually do a mock bouquet which I thought was really nice so I could visually see size, coloring, etc. She arrived on time to set up for the wedding and she did an amazing job! Everything turned out really beautiful! We couldn't be happier. Winnie was very friendly and professional and we would recommend her to anyone!

Christina · Married on 06/11/2016

Apart from my venue (and my husband, of course), my flowers from Winnie at FlorUnique were my favorite part of my wedding. Winne really took the time to meet with me and my then fiance to discuss the feel and look we had in mind, designed the arrangements with us from scratch, adding some flowers and taking the ones out that we didn't like. The end result was straight out of a fairy tale with a gorgeous lush arch and stunning centerpieces. I loved everything about our flowers, from the colors and arrangements to the freshness and specific florals that were used. And she was able to accomplish so much on our very tight budget. We would recommend her to anyone.

Absolutely amazing job. Accomplished our vision perfectly and went over and beyond decorating and adding little surprises. Highly recommended.

Kaylee · Married on 05/14/2016

I recommend Winnie to EVERYONE! I wanted to hire a local vendor close by and found FlorUnique. We met with Winnie and she had already prepared some floral arrangements that matched the flowers I had mentioned on the phone. She worked with us to stay within our budget which even meant she stayed through our Ceremony to reuse the flowers for the Reception. Truly a wonderful, professional, caring person who made the wedding flowers BEAUTIFUL! Thank You Winnie!

Jenny · Married on 02/03/2016

My name is Jenny Chang, and I am a wedding planner/designer at Rock N' Events. I've had the honor to work and partner with Winnie from FlorUnique for our most recent weddings/events. I'll tell you guys this right now, there's no one more kind, generous and creative than Winnie. The first time I met Winnie at her office, she welcomed me with a bottle of water, mints, and gave me all of her attention for almost an hour and a half. It wasn't long after I met her and picked her creative mind, that I decided she'd be a partner for Rock N' Events. Recently, my team and I had produced a Berry Beautiful Wedding Photo-shoot. We had to honor to have Winnie be our partnered floral designer for this project. She made sure she had all the details necessary for the pieces we seeked, and implemented the design seamlessly. As a wedding designer, it's so important for me to partner with floral designers that can take initiatives into the creative blueprint of our couple's dream wedding. Needless to say, Winnie always takes initiatives to offer a fresh and new take on floral décor. As a professional, I feel so comfortable working with her because she accepts all of our designs, and will add in her creative twist to make it EVEN better.

Winnie, we are SO grateful to know you, and excited to grow together as design partners.

Thank you for always being part of our couple's special celebrations, and for helping us produce another rock n' event ;)!!!

Jenny Chang
    Rock N' Events

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2015

Words cannot describe the beauty and elegance of the flowers for our lavender and light blue beach wedding in Manhattan Beach! Winnie magically turned the beach into a picturesque garden at sunset with ivory draping and flower lined walkway aisle. The shades and flowers Winnie selected were romantic, refined, and unlike those I have encountered at any other wedding. After seeing her designs, I chose to forego my crystal headband and use one of her arrangements in my hair instead, which perfectly complemented the bouquets and the boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen. We heard sigh after sigh as guests arrived to the beach site and were taken aback by the entirety of the romantic setting.

-Nicole and Benjamin, Oct 2015.

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Our flowers were GORGEOUS, absolutely gorgeous. When we first sat down with Winnie, all we were able to tell her is that we were having a fall wedding, wanted deep reds and oranges, and that my favorite flowers were gerbora daisies. What she pulled together during our first meeting was beautiful so I knew that it was going to look great, but it all came together better than I ever could have imagined. Additionally, Winnie was incredibly flexible- I wanted the boutonnieres to have wine corks... done; I wanted some of the table centerpieces to be in pumpkins... no problem! While flowers were important to us, we weren't willing to break the bank on them- Winnie helped us to keep things affordable by reusing bridesmaid bouquets and aisle decorations as centerpieces for the reception- and she and her team stayed through the ceremony to reset. Winnie is amazing and I would readily recommend her for your event.

Melissa · Married on 10/04/2015

Winnie and FlorUnique were fantastic to work with for our wedding flowers. From my first appointment, Winnie understood my vision with very few pictures, she was able to ask the questions that made her understand what I was looking for.

Winnie is the perfect combination of easy-going and detail oriented. She is patient and knowledgeable when working with the bride but very detail-oriented in her work with the flowers.

She was able to transform our reception room in an incredibly short period of time and it was perfect!

Thank you Winnie!!

Jamie · Married on 10/03/2015

Winnie at FlorUnique was amazing to work with! She had so many great ideas for how to make my vision for my wedding flowers not only look spectacular, but to come in on budget. She is a joy to work with, went above and beyond my expectations, and the flowers were pure perfection! Do yourself a favor and hire FlorUnique for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!

Lyman · Married on 09/06/2015

Winnie at FlorUnique is far more than a florist, she is an artist. She is passionate about the work that she does and it is evident in her work. She was a delight to work with and a great listener. She was able to take a hybrid on Pinterest posts, flowers I liked, and our budget to create spectacular floral arrangements, including a spectacular arch, tall center pieces, bouquets, boutonnieres and more! The day of the wedding, she worked tirelessly in 80 degree temperatures to get everything set up before guests arrived and repurposed some of the flowers for our reception, all seamlessly. She made our wedding spectacular! We would highly recommend Winnie and FlorUnique!