Florine's Flour Shoppe Reviews

View more information

• Mckenna
    Mckenna Married on 08/01/2021

Stunning Wedding Cake!

My husband and I hired Amanda to do our wedding cake and are so so happy we did! We wanted a Red Velvet painted floral buttercream cake and she knocked it out of the park! I seriously couldn’t/cant get over how beautiful it was. Annnnnd, it was Vegan! My non vegan family and friends were blown away by the fact. Highly recommend booking with Florines 😍
    Steve Married on 05/09/2021

A genuine Star Baker!

My wife and I have seen every episode of The Great British Baking Show. We’ve seen some episodes twice. We know — vicariously — how difficult it is to produce something at such a high level. Until now, we have been able to sample the results of such artistry only virtually and vicariously.

The cake you created for Tina’s birthday brought Star Baker artistry into our home.

Perhaps engineering is the wrong place to start, but I prefer to build to a big finish. We are not accustomed to cutting such a show-stopping 3-tiered cake, but your cake made us look like professionals who had years of experience. We could feel the knife pass through each layer and it passed easily, with nary a crumb falling and no damage to the surrounding icing. Our first two slices separated from the cake with picture-book perfection — your genius made us seem more skilled than we are, and I know how little we contributed to the success.

Your cake box deserves a mention: It was easy to free up one side for slicing the cake, but it re-engaged smoothly and securely — and did so at least three times, before we had consumed enough cake that the box was no longer the optimum enclosure.

This year, we Partied Hearty on our own, for reasons of safety, and so we were the only ones to celebrate Tina’s birthday together. That’s OK: We got to eat all of the cake!

Tina’s cake was almost too beautiful to cut, but it was so compelling, and had such a great aroma that Tina decided to have cake two days before her birthday. She has never done anything like that before today.

Her cake has kept its beauty as we have taken slices on succeeding days.

It has never been heavy, or oily. In fact, I notice that our cake knife has no smears of any sort of oil.

Tina’s cake has wonderful “structure” or crumb: It is light, without being fragile, yet it is substantial – though it avoids the “25-year-old fruitcake” textures we have seen in other bakers’ vegan products.

It is as graciously sweet as any great cake. It is neither “centered” in sugar nor an exercise in using sugar to mask shortcomings (as is done in winemaking).

At first, we did not even want to pair our cake with vegan ice cream, because it was such a treat in its own right. Finally we did try a slice with SoDelicious “Very Vanilla” (cashewmilk), and that pairing was equally sublime.

Tina’s birthday cake has never, in any aspect, been anything other that a top-tier baking triumph.

It is, in sum, the achievement of a Star Baker.
  • Mila
    Mila V. Married on 03/14/2021

Amazing experience

We had an awesome chocolate German cake for my baby shower. I was the only vegan at the party and everyone was so impressed how delicious the cake was, nobody left anything on their dessert plate. Ahhhh and it was absolutely beautiful, definitely a show stopper! Amanda is super talented. No issues with communication or pick up. Recommend her cakes to everyone in the area for their special occasion or any of her sweets for their sweet tooth.

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Thank you SO SO much for your sweet review :)
    Liley S. Married on 03/14/2021

Great service, very professional super friendly

Omg I ordered a vegan cake for my girlfriend’s Baby shower she absolutely love it it definitely meet all the expectations.

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Thank you so much Liley! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it :)
    Kevin B. Married on 03/01/2021

Incredibly artfull, tasty and beutifully done Cakes

Some of the best tasting and beutifull cakes ive ever had !!!

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Thank you so so much! :)
    Don S. Married on 11/21/2020

Excellent!!

Very good and beautiful cake!!!

Thank you so much!! :)
  • Kenzie
    Kenzie S. Married on 11/20/2020

Wonderful and Delicious!

I've purchased a couple of custom cakes from Florine's Flower Shop, and each time I've been blown away by the taste! Great and easy to work with, and worked with me to create my own, unique flavors. Couldn't be happier and will continue to order!!

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Thank you so much Kenzie! I appreciate you so much and can't wait to see what flavor combos you come up with in the future :)
    Marie S. Married on 07/07/2020

Exceptional talent and communication

The ordering process was a ‘piece of cake’! Quick to respond, efficient invoicing and seamless pick up. Best of all, the cakes were skillfully designed, extremely delicious and worth every penny!
    Emily P. Married on 07/01/2020

So Impressed!

I ordered the zebra cakes and they were to die for. She also threw in an extra brownie with no charge. Everything was perfection!

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! :)
    Tiffany Married on 06/27/2020

amazing. loved the product

cake and cupcakes were to die for.
    K Taylor Married on 05/09/2020

Fantastic Cake

Great service. Great detail. Delicious cake.

Thank you so much! :)
    Annie D. Married on 05/05/2020

Amazing! I ordered a strawberry shortcake!

Regardless of if you need your pastries to be vegan/gluten-free, you should order from Florine's Flour Shoppe! She is so professional and one of the most creative bakers I have ever come across, and that says something having worked in the vegan restaurant industry for 5 years! She will make all your desires come true!

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Oh my gosh, you are just the sweetest Annie. Thank you so so much! :) I appreciate you!
    Sarah H. Married on 03/17/2018

Love her!!

Ive had birthday and anniversary cakes from Florine and all of them have been exceptional not just in presentation but absolutely delicious. She is my go-to in the KC area.

Florine's Flour Shoppe's reply:

Aw thank you so much Sarah! That london fog cake is still one of my top 5 cakes I've ever had the pleasure to make! Thanks so much!
  • Lexie
    Lexie P. Married on 01/12/2018

Florine's Flour Shoppe is the best in town!

Amanda’s cakes are amazing! She made a Chiefs themed cake for my son’s birthday and has been my go-to ever since. My family and I are not vegan, but you don’t have to be to enjoy her desserts. They’re delish! I’m not a big cake person, but her funfetti cake is literally the best thing I’ve ever had. Not only is her product 5 star, the service is great as well. She’s always quick to respond and on time for delivery/pick up. I highly recommend her for all your cake/dessert needs. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉