Florals by Laurie Reviews

6 Reviews for Florals by Laurie

• Joanna

Joanna Jones · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Flowers were stunning!

Arrangements were stunning, took our breath away, surpassed our expectations! You can tell she really enjoys what she does and she created 8 bouquets, multiple table arrangements, flowers and decor for the ceremony and the reception, smiling and reassuring the whole time!

Sent on 03/20/2020

Savannah Hamby · Married on 04/06/2019

Great florist and coordinator

Laurie is the absolute best! She made sure everything we wanted was included in our wedding. She was the florist and coordinator and did both jobs perfect-every aspect was amazing! She did an outstanding job! We couldn’t have done it without her!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Florals by Laurie's reply:

Thank you Savannah! You and your mom were amazing to work with as well as some really great vendors! I can’t wait to see your pictures!

Gina Cooper · Married on 04/06/2019

AMAZING florist and coordinator!!

Laurie went above and beyond with the floral, decorations, and coordinating!! The final product was more beautiful than we imagined it could be! She saved the day numerous times the week leading up to my daughter's wedding!! We could not have pulled it off without her! Because of her I was able to relax and enjoy my daughter's special day!! Also a "BIG THANKS" to her daughter, Beccah who worked tirelessly beside her mom all day!!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Florals by Laurie's reply:

We can never predict what other vendors will or will not do but working with a bride like your daughter and yourself, knowing the bride and groom will have good lasting memories of their wedding, that it all came together in the end, ...that is what makes my job so rewarding! Thank you Gina!

Kara · Married on 09/22/2017

Laurie was a dream to work with!! She was very creative, easy to contact, responsive to any and all questions, and executed all floral arrangements beyond what I ever could have imagined! Boutonnières, corsages, and bouquets were gorgeous! Laurie exceeded all expectations. I would highly recommend her services! She made my wedding dreams come true!!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Thank you Kara!

Brittany · Married on 09/15/2017

I found Florals by Laurie when I was in the process of finding a florist for my wedding on 9/15/2017. From the beginning, she was quick to respond, cheerful, and lovely to work with. She had examples of work she had done on her site and sent me some photo ideas/samples. She worked with me to come up with floral options to fit my budget and then I learned that she also offered day of planning. When we discussed what that entailed, I knew I needed her. But, she exceeded my expectations. You need Laurie the day of your wedding to help guide you through the day. She sat with me to plan out the day and cared as if it were her own daughter's wedding. She has tons of decoration options from her experience and so we went through and picked out new signs I loved, etc. The final product of the decorations were perfect. The flowers she added to the cake were gorgeous and I was very very pleased. The day of came and Laurie had it all worked out in her own notes and no stress for my family and myself. Laurie worked around the hurricane to make it happen. I don't know what I would have done without Laurie and her assistant Jess. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Florals by Laurie's reply:

Thank you Brittany! I enjoyed working with you too!
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/10/2018

3.8
      3.0
      1.5

Laurie was extremely accommodating in the beginning. She was easy to talk to & did her best to meet my daughter’s wishes. Her prices were fair. She did an AMAZING job with the flowers! They were absolutely beautiful & I could not have asked for better! My disappointment is with her not coming through on a couple of things we discussed, which caused additional stress and cost me valuable time & money with less than 2 weeks until the big day. I had to find/order/borrow a couple of things I thought she would be providing and/or had on hand as a back-up. It was disappointing to find out at the last minute that she did not come through on her end.
    On wedding day, she arrived on time with gorgeous & very fresh flowers. We are in SC & there was the threat of a hurricane toward the end of the week. She was in a hurry to get done & leave. We were late getting the arbor there that she needed to decorate, but we were scrambling as fast as we could to get it on site. We had a lot of stuff to haul, only one truck & not enough help.
    I was at the venue while my husband went home to get the arbor. Laurie worked on other arrangements - all was assembled on site. She was very nervous about the timeliness of the arbor’s arrival & continually asked about it, wanting to know when my husband would be back. I am mom of the bride, by the way. I was already stressed & this just added to my stress, which I felt was unprofessional. While I understand the desire to prep for a hurricane, it was days away & my daughter’s wedding was happening that day. I needed my husband to return w/other items as well & needed him to return just as badly as she did. He just could not go any faster, poor guy. Continually calling him for updates was not going to get him there any faster.
    Laurie provided/applied the draping to the arbor. Unfortunately, I was able to see uneven cut marks exposed right at the focal point. I loved the end result of it all but did not appreciate her conduct in the interim.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Felicia,
    I’m truly sorry you feel this way.
    Knowing I was arriving by 10:30am the arch really should have been there first thing and not at 3pm. Yes, I did ask a few times when it would be there and was told “in an hour”, “in 45 minutes” but ultimately it wasn’t for 4 more hours. I had said I was concerned because it takes over an hour to get it done right and we were cutting it close to when guests would be arriving before a 4:30pm ceremony. I take pride in my work and always stay on site until done.
    The desserts also arrived late, after the arch which also delayed me being able to decorate the cake and the table. While I always expect little snags happening, I in no way knew it was going to take so many extra hours on site, hours that I did have others things planned including preparing for the mandatory evacuation scheduled for the next day. I don’t feel that is being “unprofessional “ in any way asking or even expecting it to be there when I arrived to decorate it.
    While waiting I did other things, some of which were not part of my job but because they needed to be done.
    As for not providing items, these things were tentative and originally said I didn’t think I had enough. I would have purchased more but you said you took care of it. These items would have cost me yet “borrowed” by you.
    Being the mother of the bride 3 times, I totally understand how stressful the day of can be especially when things don’t go as planned but I’m disappointed you felt you needed to write your review this way after, through no fault of my own, I stayed until after 4pm and did not charge you for those hours unlike most other businesses would have done.
    I’m really glad in the end you loved the arrangements and hope you are now able to relax and enjoy the satisfaction your daughter had a beautiful wedding!
    Congratulations to you all.