Floral Notes Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Lynn Getting married on 02/09/2022

Highly Recommend Floral Notes

Maureen was wonderful to work with for my son's wedding. She added several suggestions that helped make the small group wedding special. Her designs are creative and festive. She got to know the bride and groom in just one meeting - their style was captured perfectly. Maureen added seeded eucalyptus to the arrangements which is common in Australia. The bride's father is from Australia and was thrilled with the addition. We would highly recommend Maureen and Floral Notes.

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to make Kevin's and Kate's intimate ceremony extra special. I'm so happy the eucalyptus was a hit!
  • Nikki
    Nikki M. Married on 02/05/2021

Gorgeous florals

Maureen's work is BEAUTIFUL! I requested a very simple rustic floral arrangement for all aspects of the wedding and Maureen more than delivered! She is very creative, had attention to detail and her work is stunning. On the business side, she is very responsive, I never was worried about anything with Maureen!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Nikki for writing such a positive review just a few days after your wedding! it was great to work with you. Thanks also adding the photo. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos - you looked gorgeous!!!
    Catherine S. Married on 10/10/2020

Magical florals from a wonderful professional

If you’re looking for someone with endless creativity and beautiful floral designs, Maureen is your lady! After having our first meeting with her, my mom and I immediately noticed her passion for arrangements – a passion that translates so well into a final product and overall vision. We gave her a color scheme and a few preferences but let her choose the types of flowers and greenery and we’re so glad we did. Everytime I look at my bouquet and centerpieces, I have to smile.

In addition to creating amazing florals, Maureen was incredibly easy to work with as our plans changed due to the pandemic. She was consistently willing to provide guidance and input as we switched to a much smaller backyard wedding, making all kinds of accommodations to assist us. I’m so grateful for Maureen’s professionalism and creative eye. She really made our day feel so magical and special.
  • JULIA
    Julia L. Married on 10/04/2020

Amazing florist

Maureen was an exceptional florist who made our special day look like a fairy tale even in the midst of a pandemic. She communicated well and gave ideas without overstepping the look I was going for. What made everything even more of a smooth transition was how well she and the venue communicated. It made everything flawless. I highly recommend Floral Notes.
    Kori K. Married on 06/09/2020

Wedding florals

Maureen did an incredible job with my wedding florals. Our plans changed entirely due to COVID19 and she worked with me to create a new plan for my florals during the few weeks before my wedding. The result was amazing!! She made my wedding florals dreams come true.
  • Caroline
    Caroline T. Married on 06/29/2019

Phenomenal experience and gorgeous arrangements

Maureen was amazing to work with. The first time we met with her she had created a mock bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, and centerpiece to give us an idea. It was super helpful to be able to see them in person, and not just pictures. In the months leading up to the wedding we had multiple changes, such as changing what the ring bearer and flower girls would carry, and any change we made was met with a kind email and updated invoice. I was especially thankful that she kept us within our original budget of $3K and she worked with us to make that budget go as far as possible without ever making us feel like we had to add money. Finally, her creations on the day of the wedding were fabulous – I was looking for an elegant but natural look with a lot of greenery and I would not change a thing about what she created. I would recommend Maureen for any bride!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Caroline for such a glowing review. I think the financial information particularly reassuring to prospective clients. You all looked fabulous! I appreciate that you shared photos. I was so pleased to be able to work with you. Thank you for selecting me. Maureen
  • Betsy
    Chip M. Married on 06/15/2019

Floral Notes was a great decision!!

I loved working with Maureen! She's not only talented and creative, she totally listened to what our vision for our wedding was and was spot on in delivering the most beautiful flowers that we could hope for! Our wedding was one night, and the reception the next, so it involved two trips, and she was prompt, set things up beautifully, and then helped another vendor, with some set-up. Her warm and friendly personality were awesome to work with, and I couldn't have been happier on this special day, to have chosen Maureen and Floral Notes. Highly recommend!!

HI Betsy and Chip,
    It was a true pleasure to work with you both for your very special days! It's always an honor to get to do a second wedding within a family. Thank you for adding the photos to your review - I love them!
    Wishing you only happiness! Maureen
    M & Married on 05/10/2019

Fabulous Florist!

Maureen, of Floral Notes, is an excellent florist, and she did a terrific job creating the floral arrangements for our wedding. She was helpful and attentive every step of the way, listening carefully to what we envisioned and giving us helpful guidance and a wide array of options to assist us in creating the look we were going for. When the big day came, we were impressed at how marvelously Maureen managed to ultimately bring our vision to life, making our autumn ceremony and reception that much more beautiful with a brilliant splash of fall color! We are so thankful that Maureen was on our wedding team, and recommend her to any bride-and-groom-to-be without reservation!
    Katie Married on 05/04/2019

Maureen is the best!

Maureen is the best. She did such an amazing job for our wedding in May. I still can’t believe how perfectly she captured my vision for the entire day. Not only is she a talented florist, but she’s super sweet and was a pleasure to work with. Book her!!! You won’t be disappointed.

HI Kate,
    Thank you for your review and the 'call to action' for future brides! It was great fun to work with you and I'm so happy everything was exactly how you wanted it. You looked radiant!!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 03/01/2019

Winter Wedding Dream

What a remarkable, talented, and professional woman Maureen is! From the first time I met Maureen, I knew she would be a perfect fit. She quickly recognized the style of décor I was seeking and truly brought my floral visions to life. Her floral arrangements were BEAUTIFUL. I can tell she is very passionate about her work. Maureen was eager to bring in personal influences of ours into her designs as well. She created the most beautiful boutonnières from our homegrown hops plants!

In addition to her talent, she was so amazing to work with. From the first conversation, through all of the planning and decision making, Maureen was patient and accommodating. She always took into consideration our budget, which was probably the hardest part. She went above and beyond for us when we realized we needed a few more boutonnières last minute. She even set up early at our venue so that we could have our first look photos!

I couldn't recommend Maureen more. Our winter wedding was a dream come true! Thank you!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to write such lovely words about your experience with Floral Notes. You were great to work with...I loved incorporating the hops into the boutonnieres! Can't wait to see the professional photos!
  • Shannon
    Shannon C. Married on 10/06/2018

A fairy-tale come true

We worked with Maureen from Floral Notes for our October wedding, and couldn't have been happier. From the beginning, Maureen worked closely with both my husband and I to understand our vision for the wedding. It didn't matter that we just had a high level vision. We knew we wanted a regal, enchanting fairy-tale type feel, which can have lots of different interpretations. Maureen was easily able to translate our vision into tangible decor and florals, giving us complete comfort in saying yes or no. We were in awe at how easily she pieced together our vision for us. Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, she would email or text photos or ideas when she was inspired, remaining in constant contact and quickly responding whenever we reached out with questions. Her deep knowledge and experience with both weddings and florals was incredibly helpful throughout the process. Maureen had lots of ideas and suggestions that made our whole weekend flow much more naturally, extending her reach beyond just flowers and décor. On the weekend itself, Maureen meticulously but with an appearance of effortlessness worked to incorporate the flowers and decor throughout our numerous event spaces: from our rehearsal dinner venue, to the outdoor ceremony space, to the cocktail hour terrace, to the inside of the mansion, and to the inside of the tent adjourned to the mansion where we held our reception's dinner. Her attention to detail and consistency in carrying details and themes throughout all of these spaces did not go unnoticed by our guests, who are still talking about the decor to this day.

Maureen worked with the existing beautiful old Tuscan mansion type venue, instead of trying to work around or on top of it. The walls of the mansion were filled with tapestries and vivid old paintings, and Maureen's transformative work turned our bridal party and wedding guests into a living tapestry of our own. Highlights include (but are most definitely not limited to) antique gold candelabras draped with greens that adorned the dinner tables, classically beautiful flowers like roses paired with textures like painted gold artichokes and eucalyptus, white painted pumpkins with gold floral accents, floral arrangements with deep reds to tie in with the bridesmaid dresses, and an old beautiful staircase dripping in greens and decorated with orchids (re-purposed from the rehearsal dinner) mixed among floating candles. One of the more memorable spaces for the guests, and my husband and I, was the outdoor ceremony space. We truly felt like this space was a living fairy-tale. Instead of traditional aisle markers with bows or ribbons, garden roses in glass vases were hung from iron hooks wrapped in greenery all along the aisle. Two vignettes of candles and flowers in gold vases stood to either side of us at the front of the ceremony space. With an existing backdrop of a stone trellis overflowing with greens, and the bridal party lined up behind us, this was an example we will have in photographs forever of a living tapestry. One of my favorite parts were my own and my bridesmaids' bouquets. Full of rich texture and softened with velvety red florals, they were made up of garden roses, baby artichokes, orchids, greenery, eucalyptus, rosemary, and more. We all couldn't stop looking at them for more details. My own bouquet had a fun and subtle surprise: mixed among the flowers were studs of crystals.

All in all, we couldn't recommend Maureen more. She is there with you every step of the way, and your mind will be blown by the way she can listen to an intangible vision and bring it to life. Our wedding was a dream, and Maureen's work meant everything to us. Thank you!

Floral Notes's reply:

It was an honor to create such beautiful decor for your wedding! Thank you for describing it in such detail and sharing photos here. It really was like something out of a fairy tale once everything was illuminated by candlelight. And now the tapestry of your lives begins!
    Jessica Married on 07/14/2018
    I cannot recommend Floral Notes enough! I had a brief phone conversation with Maureen and discussed my floral vision for my wedding. About a week later, we met in person and she had created a mock up of my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets and my centerpieces and it was beyond my wildest dreams and perfectly matched the vision I had it my head. It was so amazing that she actually took the time to make the actual bouquets and centerpieces so I could SEE, TOUCH and SMELL them. I was able to pose with my bouquet in the mirror so we could ensure it was the right size.
    We had the meeting about 9 months before my wedding and when the actual day rolled around, the florwers were better than I even remembered. Fresh, wrapped to perfection and beautiful. Maureen really went above and beyond. She was so responsive to every email I sent and was very easy to work with. Just tell her what you want and she will deliver. One thing I would like to say in particular: I asked Maureen to wrap the stems of my bouquet in my Grandmother's rosary beads. The care she took to do this was amazing and something I am so grateful for. She took good care of them and made sure I got the little bag they came in back. Thanks again, Maureen!

Floral Notes's reply:

Jessica, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review! I'm so happy working with Floral Notes was such a positive experience for you. I loved your vision (your bridesmaids' dresses were gorgeous!) and I enjoyed interpreting it in flowers for your wedding. Thank you for letting me be part of your special day!
    Heidi Married on 06/02/2018
    Maureen was amazing! Every step of the process she was helpful, reliable, and pleasant to work with. She worked with my budget and offer different choices to optimize the value. I had a very specific vision and Maureen brought it to life!!!! I wanted to use lanterns as my center pieces and Maureen helped me to pick the perfect ones and how to add elegant touches like twinkle lights and babies breath to it. She also has this amazing birch tree arbor to rent that was exactly what I had envisioned getting married under. Her beautiful styling of greenery and draped fabric on it, created a magical spot for me and my husbands new journey to begin. I highly recommend Maureen Christmas!

Floral Notes's reply:

I'm so glad I was able to help make your day magical! I left Pierce Farm feeling like everything we selected was just perfect for the two of you. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding celebration. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. I wish you both unending happiness!
    Emily Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely Blown Away!

Finding a florist seemed like a scary task, "am I finding the right person, will they understand my vision", but all those nerves went away once I found Maureen! In our first call with I knew I was making the right choice! The ease of conversation, her personality AND her artistic ability was the ultimate trio, and the finished product was above and beyond what I expected! Maureen truley took what I was envisioning and made it a reality on our wedding day. She was extremely accommodating when I had small tweaks, she was very open in her suggestions and she really helped point us in the right direction. One final note! We left for our honeymoon the day after our wedding and on our way home after our wedding, I talked to Maureen about my concern of not being able to enjoy my flowers since we would be gone, and she gave me amazing advice on how to try to preserve my garden flowers. And it worked! We were so lucky to have found you, thank you for making our day so extremely special! Anyone that is looking for a florist look no further!
    Lindsay Married on 10/28/2017
    Maureen was recommended to me by my aunt, who is a good friend of Maureen's and who is also a florist. I don't know much about flowers and was feeling a bit intimidated by all the choices we needed to make for our wedding, which is why I was so relieved and excited when my now-husband and I met with Maureen for the first time after emailing back and forth about some basic ideas. Maureen had made example arrangements using the colors and flowers we had discussed and all we had to do was talk details of how to tweak the arrangements! It was such a fun experience and Maureen took all the stress of planning out of the equation for us. She was always responsive to emails and was super flexible in working out the details with us, including numbers of tables and all sorts of things you don't worry about until (almost) the last minute!

Our reception was at the Publick House in Sturbridge, and the flowers suited the rustic aesthetic perfectly and tied in very well with our colors of burnt orange, cream, and navy blue. Maureen made our venue look perfect and she did it while sticking with our budget. I can't do the outcome justice in words, so I've attached some photos for you to see the amazing job Maureen did for us. Thank you, Maureen!!

Note: Photo credit to Sue Lynch Photography, Pepperell, MA

Floral Notes's reply:

HI Lindsay, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and even include photos! I'm so glad you loved the final product and enjoyed the process - I try to make it as easy and un-intimidating as possible. You were a beautiful bride!
    Allison Married on 10/07/2017
    Maureen and her team at Floral Notes did an exceptional job of pulling together a unique, elegant and very professional look for my wedding. My Mom and I felt Maureen showed her passion for this kind of work, cared about us from start to finish, and made it look easy to pull together flowers for a 225 person wedding. Many of the centerpieces for 21 tables were slightly different, using unique flowers, which made me want to go to each table to admire her work. She transformed the ceremony space with a beautifully decorated arbor and exceed my expectations at every turn. Her love of flowers, desire to please as well as her professionalism helped to pull off an A+ result. She was flexible to work with and did a lot of preparation for our first meeting when we were first reviewing design concepts. She stayed calm and helped us make decisions when we were indecisive and didn't exactly know what look we wanted. On the wedding day, she arrived early with all her helpers and truly created a WOW factor under a beautiful sperry tent. Dozens of guests commented at the beauty of the flower arrangements. Thank you, Floral Notes.

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Allison for your taking the time to write such a lovely review. My favorite part of your wedding was when you came around the corner into the tent and just kept saying WOW! It was so much fun to work with all the varied textures of fall in such a sophisticated manner. So, so glad you were happy!
    Anne-Marie Married on 07/15/2017
    Maureen did just a phenomenal job for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. From start to finish, she was professional, organized, positive, responsive & insightful in coming up with what the bride wanted, easy to work with, flexible in finding options that would work best for our needs, and incredibly creative in designing BEAUTIFUL flowers that complemented the vision of the wedding! She coordinated seamlessly with other vendors and the needs of the reception site. On the day of the wedding the flowers arrived on time, in perfect condition, and precisely labelled. Maureen's team also had to move some large arrangements from the church to the reception site with very little turnaround time, which they did discreetly & without a hitch, despite some complicated city traffic and parking issues. And did I mention that the flowers were BEAUTIFUL? Maureen created elegant bouquets and arrangements with the soft color palette that the bride wanted that also perfectly complemented the "traditional Boston" theme and setting of the wedding. We received raves from guests about the flowers - Maureen is beyond talented. We recommend her without reservation!!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Anne-Marie for such glowing words! I so enjoyed designing these flowers. They look perfect with the dresses. I love seeing the photos! Thank you for adding them.
    Meaghan Married on 07/15/2017
    Maureen did an amazing job !! She brought my vision to life and more than exceeded expectations. The floral arrangements were stunning! She was happy to work within my budget and even helped me find ways to save money ! I would definitely recommend Floral Notes!!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Meaghan! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Melanie from @BlissfulBeginnings and @thewhiteapron. You looked so beautiful and the setting was wonderful!
    Lesley Married on 06/03/2017
    Maureen Christmas of Floral Notes created stunning flower arrangements for our wedding and was an absolute pleasure to work with! Without a clear vision of what my husband and I were looking for in regards to flowers for our wedding, I provided Maureen with our color scheme, a few adjectives I thought described my taste in flower arrangements and our flower budget. That was all Maureen needed to hear – she ran with those details and began sending me photos of prototypes she thought I might like. It is safe to say that Maureen knew our vision before we did and she went above and beyond to execute it.

Maureen was also able to include subtle details in her arrangements that connected to our country club venue and our love of golf. Just to name a few… she incorporated a golf tee into the boutonnieres worn by our bridal party, she elevated our place cards by arranging them on grass panels (including placement of 200 pins to secure the cards!), and she completed our centerpieces with a curled wire “C” (the initial of our last name). Maureen definitely thought of every last detail and we couldn’t be happier with the final product!

Additionally, Maureen always made herself available for any and all questions or comments. In the very early stages of wedding planning, my husband and I relocated from Massachusetts to South Carolina and we were prepared for the challenges we would inevitably face during long-distance wedding planning. While working with Maureen, my husband and I had no difficulties whatsoever being so far away! She was always available via telephone and email, but she also made herself available while we were in town for marathon wedding planning weekends.

Working with Maureen was one of the best decisions my husband and I made during the wedding planning process. She is extremely talented. We highly recommend Maureen – you won’t be disappointed!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you, Lesley, for selecting me to create the floral designs for your wedding and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I had so much fun thinking of ways to personalize your wedding. You and Darren are a delightful couple and I wish you nothing but the best!
    Patricia Married on 06/03/2017
    Floral Notes was incredible and our flowers were perfect. Maureen was responsive, flexible, and accommodating. She listened to my "vision" and had such beautiful and fun ideas that allowed me and my husband to have the flowers/decorations that we wanted on our wedding day.

At first, we spoke about general vision and wedding plans. Then we had a meeting where Maureen had thrown together various arrangements to see what we liked best. My bouquet was beautiful! We added/removed flowers and colors that we did not like. Maureen helped make the process really fun for both my husband and I.

An important add on - Maureen was also helpful with many of the decorations etc on the big day. She provided all of the center pieces, some signs/decorations, baskets, etc.

On the day of - everything was set up as we had intended, and the flowers arrived on time to the doorstep (where we were getting ready). The church flowers were delivered separately and looked beautiful! We did some recycling; using the girls bouquets for the head table, the church pew markers for the tent poles, etc. It all looked great!

The flowers made everything come together, and were so beautiful. A BIG thank you to Floral Notes for being so amazing!
    Lauren Married on 05/13/2017

Go with Maureen!

I hired Maureen for my Crane Estate wedding in May 2017. We had a consultation in her house before the wedding where she showed me samples and we discussed my vision. I wanted really natural and un-structured flowers that just blended in with the beauty of the estate and that's exactly what I got. Maureen hadn't worked at Crane Estate before, so she actually took a trip there to scope it out. She put in a lot of extra touches like that, that made her so easy to work with and gave me confidence that she'd do a wonderful job. And she definitely delivered! I still dream about my bouquet. It was absolutely stunning, creative and so unique - I got so many compliments on it! On the day of the wedding, Maureen took care of everything, including staying with the caterers for the reception to ensure the flowers were moved to the perfect location from ceremony to dining room. I didn't have to think about anything and I barely saw her, but everywhere I looked there were beautiful flowers that felt like they belonged in the space. I really cannot recommend her enough - she was so easy to work with, understood my vision, was respectful of my budget and her floral arrangements are honestly works of art.

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren, for writing such a glowing review! I love that you included some of Zev's photos. It was a joy and honor to work with you and your family. You were a beautiful bride with a vision for a beautiful wedding.
    Holly Married on 04/07/2017
    It was such a pleasure working with Maureen from Floral Notes and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a florist for their wedding or special occasion. She was by far our easiest vendor to work with and the flowers she produced for our April wedding were absolutely stunning. I provided her with the vision I had and she put that vision into reality. The night of our wedding I received endless compliments on how beautiful our flowers were. I will be recommending her to any of my friends getting married. :) Thank you, Maureen!!
    Katherine Married on 10/09/2016
    Maureen and her crew are absolutely incredible. Don't take my word for it just go see her work. She transformed our venue. Her work is incredibly delicate and tasteful. You can tell the second you meet her that she is someone that takes such pride and is so committed to what she does. My husband and I are architects so succeeding control (especially when it comes to design) is not our strong suite but we immediately recognized her eye for color and composition and just let her do her thing (which trust me you will NEVER regret). She exceeded all of our expectations and made the process of decorating our venue incredibly easy. Maureen herself is sweet, generous, and so on top of everything. Her composure and knowledge made us feel calm and in control (even at those times when we weren't). She helped us to ask all of the right questions to make the wedding such an incredible success. I cannot recommend her enough.
    Jessie Married on 09/30/2016
    The pictures speak for themselves - she does beautiful work. Guests were commenting all night (and still to this day) about how beautiful the flowers were, down to every little detail. Not only is Maureen extremely talented, she genuinely cares that your big day goes off without a hitch. She is constantly thinking and coming up with creative ideas on the fly, it's easy to trust her with every aspect of your wedding day flowers. She is totally invested in her work and it shows. Thanks Maureen!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thanks Jessie! It was a pleasure playing a role in your wedding. Such a beautiful event with so many special touches.
    Madeline Married on 08/19/2016
    Maureen did absolutely stunning work for our wedding! She pulled together colors I had in mind and played off the venue, creating an incredible vision for the day. We had so many compliments about the flowers from the guests and the other vendors and venue - even the groomsmen were psyched about their boutonnieres! Every detail was perfect.

Maureen made the process fun and easy. She brought fresh and inventive ideas and invited me to insert my own personal touches. She was so adaptive when I had specific requests and also made such fun, unique, and thoughtful pieces when I wasn't sure exactly what to ask for (she is so creative!). She explained cost drivers for each idea and provided fantastic alternatives when needed to keep me within my budget. She was also incredibly thoughtful about how to distribute my budget to make the most impact (spending more on an arrangement that would be featured in many photos verses an extra that guests would only pass occasionally).

Highly recommend Maureen for beautiful and fantastically unique flowers for your wedding!

Floral Notes's reply:

Thank you Madeline! I just loved your vision and how it all worked together at Willowdale. Just beautiful. It was fun working with you and playing with all the interesting textures and shapes. Guys psyched about their boutonnieres always bring a smile. :)