Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry Reviews

89 | Township of Washington, NJ

89 Reviews for Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry

Meghan · Married on 10/03/2008

Maria and Larry were very knowledgable and very helpful. They had a lot of resources for me to look through and had a lot of ideas of their own. They were very professional. It was very easy working with them which relieved a lot of my stress. Everything looked wonderful. We received many comments on just how pretty all of the flowers and decor turned out. The flowers were of high quality as well. I would highly recommend them. They were actually recommended to me.

Sent on 03/16/2009

Katie · Married on 09/14/2008

I mostly worked with Maria. She was very accommodating right from the beginning. I explained what I was looking for and Maria made suggestions that would accommodate both my vision and my budget.

The wedding flowers for both the ceremony and reception were beautiful and exactly as I imagined they would be. The centerpieces were so beautiful...our guests snatched them up right away!! Everything was perfect.

I would definitely recommend Maria and Larry for any wedding or event.

Katie
    Midland Park, NJ

Sent on 03/20/2009

Marla · Married on 10/28/2007

I was under a great deal of stress trying to plan the wedding of my dreams in only 6 months having just moved halfway across the country. I found Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry online and they were the ONLY florist that actually had more than 2 or 3 photos of examples of flowers to view. This was extremely helpful to me as I had very limited time in person to make all the arrangements for my wedding. I viewed examples of hundreds of flowers for brides bouquets, table flowers, bridesmaid flowers, church flowers etc. on their website. I found some beautiful photos of table arrangements and called to price them. I spoke with Larry who was so pleasant, patient and willing to work with me to get me what I wanted in my budget. The day before I had an appointment with Larry, my connecting flight was cancelled leaving me stuck in the middle of the country with no luggage. The next day I took an early flight to NJ and drove straight to my appointment (not the ideal way to book your wedding flowers!) I was a bit frazzled but Larry was so kind and understanding he took all the time I needed to pick out my flowers. He also had a sample made up of what my table arrangements would look like based on our earlier conversations of what I wanted and my budget. When I walked in and saw the sample it was so absolutely gorgeous that I felt very confident that all my flowers were going to turn out fabulous!
    Well brides everywhere let me just tell you that my flowers turned out more gorgeous than my wildest expectations!! My flowers were one of the very few things that turned out right with my wedding. My bouquet and my bridesmaid's bouquets turned out exactly as I had imagined! The colors in my bridesmaid's bouquets were so brilliant it caught my eye while I was on the altar that I remember that moment even today! The church flowers were just awesome and the table arrangements simply exquisite! When I saw the arrangement Maria, Larry's wife made for our head table, my jaw dropped! It was stunning!!! I had so much trouble with my other wedding vendors lying to me, cheating me and not having things turn out the way I wanted, that one of the happiest memories I have is how perfect my wedding flowers turned out. My experience with Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry was just wonderful, the quality of the flowers was above and beyond what I expected, the value unbeatable, their friendliness and professionalism exceptional, their willingness to get you what you want in your price range unbelievable! My mother dried my bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, my head table arrangement and the church flowers and has made some awesome dried flower arrangements so that my beautiful wedding flowers will live on!

Sent on 02/20/2009

Cathy · Married on 09/29/2007

What a wonderful job they did for me! Such creative arrangements, and a pleasur to have.

Sent on 04/11/2009

Deneen · Married on 04/13/2007

After going to 4 florists and them telling myself and my now husband what we wanted and not one of them listening to what we wanted we finally saw Larry. He was a breath of fresh air. We conveyed to him what we wanted and he did a spectacular job. From the sample table arrangement to the day of the wedding we were kept informed every step of the way. People still comment on the flowers and the decor or the wedding. Larry and his staff went above and beyond, making everything special. I would highly recommend Floral Expressions as a floral and decor vendor.

Sent on 03/16/2009

Brigid · Married on 07/25/2004

This was the only florist who would even consider making my all baby's breath centerpieces. They were amazing. Plus the price of the bouquets would have sealed the deal for me.

Sent on 10/22/2008

Marina · Married on 10/05/2014

I wanted to thank you for the beautiful flowers from last Sunday. Everything looked stunning, I received many compliments on how beautiful all of the sunflowers looked. Especially outside, on the gazebo, really nice.

Thank you for your creativity & beautiful set up.

All the best,
    Marina

Sent on 10/10/2014

Briana · Married on 08/13/2017

Maria and Larry did a wonderful job with the flowers at our wedding August 2017 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. They were a pleasure to work with, listened to all our wishes, and were very flexible! We were so impressed with the arch they created for our ceremony, and our centerpieces were exactly what we wanted. It really helps that they do a sample centerpiece for you weeks before the wedding.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/16/2015

Maria and Larry are truly passionate about their flowers. That along with great work ethic is a combination for success. I loved working with them. I could not be happier with the centerpieces even though I did not get to see the final product for the tall pieces until the actual reception. They exceeded my expectations. As to bridal party bouquets, I could not believe how the color of the flower combination matched the fabric of the bridesmaids' dresses. That is even more impressive given that Maria saw the fabric on a photo only and, as you might know, there is a ton of shades when it comes to fabric choices. The delivery timing was perfect. Compared to some of the other places in NJ, their prices are moderate and they will work with you to get what you want. Don't be discouraged by the amount of choices. In case of doubt, just let Maria do her thing. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • F

Francine · Married on 10/26/2014

My daughter and I had a wonderful experience with Maria and Larry. Since my daughter was orchestrating her New Jersey wedding with me- she lives in Vermont and I live in NY- they were very flexible in accomodating our tight meeting schedule. They prepared a beautiful sample and really listened to what my daughter's very specific wishes were for her wedding. They met every high expectation and then some. They were so lovely to deal with. The flowers were beautiful! They did an amazing job! I recommend them highly!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Maria totally got what I was asking for for my winter themed wedding. The arrangements came out better than I imagined. I loved that she showed you sample center pieces before so you could see them and make any changes. I would suggest phone as opposed to email in terms of communicating, simply because we are from an email generation where we want a response within 2 hours - but rest assured their work is phenomenal and no one could come close to what they were offering for their prices.

Sent on 01/20/2014

This was a recommendation from my Maid of Honor. On the first meeting, Larry spent 2 hours going through what we wanted. He immediately saw my vision and worked with it. He was not afraid to tell me when I was making a wrong decision, which I appreciated. He and Maria have been in business a long time and know what they are doing. They were lovely to work with and the all the flowers on the day of were gorgeous.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/22/2008

3.5

I would recommend this vendor to all of my friends!

Sent on 02/19/2009

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

1.0

Floral Expressions was the florist for my October wedding. I couldn't have been more disappointed. My bouquet arrived at my house and the flowers were dead.. brown and gross. I even asked my photographer if he could photoshop the pictures to at least make the flowers look alive. When we arrived at the reception, we immediately noticed that the centerpieces were not completed as we had agreed. Flowers that we had talked about including were not there. Disappointed cannot even describe how I felt.

Sent on 12/02/2012