Floral Expressions by Maria & Larry Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Danette C. Married on 07/30/2022

Amazing Transformation

Maria and Larry were a true pleasure to work with. They make the process of deciding what can be done to make your day special without going over budget. My friend got married at Ballyowen Golf Club in Hamburg, New Jersey. The location is beautiful, however the bare bones of the reception venue definitely need a soft touch. Maria and Larry to the rescue. The way they were able to transform that space into a light and airy floral oasis is beyond me. It went from a pub like room to a romantic, beautiful and elegant reception area. All of the little touches on the centerpieces, the arrangement of dangling flowers and leaves from the ceiling over the dance floor, the graceful drapery in the entrance way and so much more. You can tell they put love and attention to everything that they do and it was truly appreciated by all of the guests.
    Rita A. Married on 05/29/2022

Amazingly beautiful!

Maria and Larry were absolutely amazing!! Our flowers looked so beautiful!! They were so kind and worked with our budget! They were so helpful every step of the way and so professional! Everything looked wonderful from our bouquets to the venue! Don’t hesitate to book them for you wedding! They go above and beyond to get everything you want!
    Jordan C. Married on 04/23/2022

Black Bear Golf Course

Maria and Larry absolutely CRUSHED IT with the flowers for our wedding! When we had our first meeting at their house to go over my vision, I knew we had to book them. When I got to the ceremony everything was exactly as I imagined it, maybe even more! You will not regret booking them.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina K. Married on 11/06/2021

Wonderful!!

We loved working with Maria & Larry! Maria was so sweet and professional, she knew exactly what questions to ask and helped guide us with picking out the perfect flowers for our wedding. My cascading bouquet was incredible! The centerpieces were exactly what I had envisioned and overall the flowers were absolutely stunning! Wonderful service from start to finish. You won't be disappointed!
  • Kayla
    Kayla O. Married on 10/01/2021

AMAZING florist!!!

I can’t even begin to say how amazing and beautiful our wedding flowers came out!! We found Floral expressions in our venue’s brochure of preferred vendors and we can’t thank them enough for making our vision come to life! Maria and Larry were so great to work with and they did such an amazing job with taking our sunflower inspiration pictures and creating something beautiful. We had so many compliments from our guests about how wonderful the flowers were. Our sunflower wedding was everything we had hoped it would be thanks to Floral expressions!!! We would highly recommend them for your wedding flowers!!
    Chelsea E. Married on 06/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Flowers and Nicest People!

We loved working with Maria and Larry for our wedding! They were more than flexible when we had to postpone our 2020 wedding to 2021. We loved that they only supply one wedding per day. They worked with our budget and provided us with BEAUTIFUL bouquets, boutonnieres, duchess roses for the mothers, centerpieces, cake decor, and flowers for our Welcome Sign. In addition to being so professional and talented, they were also just so sweet and kind, giving the true meaning to “mom and pop” shop!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra F. Married on 04/17/2021

Gorgeous Job!

Maria and Larry provided absolutely gorgeous flowers for our wedding!! Everything was breathtaking, from the bouquets to the chuppah. My favorite part of the ceremony decor was that they have a gold metal chuppah which looked so chic. Maria took my vision and made it a reality. She was also such a pleasure to work with! Thank you for bringing so much beauty to our special day. (photo credits: Haley Richter Photography)
    Kara Z. Married on 09/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exactly What We Were Looking For!

Maria and Larry were great professionals to work with for our floral arrangements on our wedding day. We first heard about them through a family friend, who worked with them on her wedding day. She mentioned how Maria and Larry were able to work within her budget and offer great service. We, too, found that they offered us exactly what we were looking for in our arrangements! They were also very flexible with payments. The day-of, everything was delivered promptly and displayed beautifully. Thank you, Maria & Larry, for working with us on our special day!
  • Liz
    Liz B. Married on 08/23/2020

Simply Lovely

Maria is simply amazing and conducts her business with passion! The center pieces she puts together was the perfect accent to our wedding decor! I showed her a picture and rambled on how I wanted a rustic/chic kinda mood with lanterns and candles also playing a big part. With just that vague description, she created exactly what I’d envisioned. She had so many great suggestions and helped us picked flowers that would do well with the season/whether. She was very flexible (especially since we had to rescheduled and reshuffled everything due to Covid). Was very professional and delivered everything on time and organized the most beautiful setup. I could not have been more pleased with the setup and how everything turned out.
    Highly highly recommended!
    Susan G. Married on 07/28/2019

Fantastic Experience! Wow! Danielle's Wedding

Our daughter Danielle had her wedding and reception at the Crystal Springs Grand Cascades Lodge in Hamburg New Jersey on Sunday July 28, 2019.
    Danielle and her fiancé, Landon, do not live in New Jersey. So, when looking for a florist for the wedding they decided to look at vendors that were recommended by their venue. Floral Expressions was on the list. So, Danielle contacted Maria and Larry, owners of Floral Expressions, via facetime, to see if they were available and if they would be a good fit for her wedding. (Moose, Danielle & Landon’s chocolate lab, also participated). Danielle made an immediate connection with Maria and Larry. Danielle had decided that Maria and Larry were doing the wedding and started looking forward to seeing her vision come together. After speaking with them a few more times, Danielle sent them some photos of what she had in mind for her bouquets, arbor, and center pieces. We met with Maria and Larry when Danielle was back in New Jersey. When we walked into their office we immediately recognized the center piece for the wedding reception. Maria and Larry had taken the information Danielle provided, and turned it into exactly what she wanted. The meeting went very well as the bouquets that were shown, were again, exactly what Danielle had requested. Maria and Larry then showed Danielle a photo of the arbor which complimented the rest of the flowers perfectly and tied everything together. We were very impressed that Maria and Larry listened to Danielle and never tried to recommend a different vision for her wedding. As the wedding started to get closer the communication was excellent and before we knew it, her wedding day had arrived. The flowers were amazing! We could not have been happier at how Danielle’s vision came to life in the flowers for the arbor, the bouquets for the girls, the cocktail hour centerpieces, and the centerpieces for the reception. Everywhere we looked we saw exactly what Danielle had envisioned. Larry and Maria were so easy to work with through the entire process and delivered in a big way on the day of the wedding! The flowers were perfect!
    We received so many compliments on the flowers at the wedding and continued to hear more accolades many days after the big day. We highly recommend Maria and Larry as they were always available, professional and very competitive with their pricing. They exceeded our expectations and we are grateful to have had such a wonderful experience.
    Ashley P. Married on 06/15/2019

The most amazing vendor

I cannot share enough love for Maria and our wedding flowers! Throughout planning, Maria offered so much warmth, support, creativity, and passion for what she does. She made the experience so meaningful and truly took the time to bring my vision to life. She worked with my budget and made honest recommendations... the pictures speak for themselves! Thank you so much, Maria! xoxo
    Brenda K. Married on 06/09/2019

Highly recommend!!

Absolutely amazing! Maria knew exactly how to achieve our vision of what we wanted. They were great the day of the wedding and put everything at ease for us ! Highly recommended!!
    Lauren W. Married on 02/11/2019

Awesome flowers!

It was a pleasure to work with Maria and Larry for our wedding. We knew absolutely nothing about flowers, but Maria was patient and kind in working with us, helping walk us through the hundreds if not thousands of options with ease. The bouquets and boutonnieres were absolutely beautiful, and we received many compliments on them from the guests. We don’t have a single complaint, and we highly recommend them!
    Kara Married on 10/21/2017

Perfect Florals

This review is long overdue. I got married last October at the Woodcliff Manor in NJ, and I highly recommend Larry & Maria Floral Expressions. I came to Larry with an idea of using succulents, and he created super creative centerpieces that looked awesome and captured the whimsical and nature-inspired vibe of the wedding. Also, I didn’t really have any idea what I wanted for my bouquet, just overall style and colors, and the ones he created were perfect for the venue, time of year, and style I wanted. Working with them was super easy and they are such lovely people. Thanks for everything and for making our day so special!
  • Daniela
    Daniela Married on 10/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The first time I worked with Maria & Larry was 12 years ago and I have worked with them again for my Oct wedding. They offer great value, make beautiful arrangements, are easy to work with and can bring your vision to life. I loved my flowers from the bouquets to the ceremony to the reception. I had a fall rustic garden wedding theme and received so many compliments on my flowers. I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for wedding florist.
    Laura Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry were wonderful to work with. They were both so patient throughout the entire process - even when I completely changed my mind on my color scheme and type of centerpieces! They were so helpful in coming up with different ideas and really listened to what I wanted. On the day of, they more than exceeded my expectations. Everything was absolutely perfect and more than I could have imagined. It is clear that they both really take the time to understand your vision and deliver on it - truly everything that I had pictured in my mind came to life the day of! Their prices are also very fair and they are so responsive and always willing to set up a meeting.
    Ashleigh Married on 08/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were flexible and so talented. Our flowers were absolutely stunning. Everyone loved them. Because they work solely on weddings, they are willing to do exactly what you ask. Their prices are great and they go above and beyond. Maria's knowledge and expertise was wonderful and she was able to offer so many great ideas!

Thank you for making our wedding flowers perfect!!
    Crystal Married on 08/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry are wonderful! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and created beautiful centerpieces and bouquets. I entered their door with a million picture and no decisive answers for them and, somehow, Maria brought my vision to life even though I couldn't even clearly articulate it. They created a sample and a second sample to make sure that we were truly happy with our centerpieces and on the day of they delivered on every level. Thank you so much!
    Cesar Married on 08/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Worked with Larry and Maria to plan flowers for our wedding. My wife's bouquet was the most beautiful I've ever seen. Larry was very helpful when picking out flowers. We didn't know the first thing about flowers, we spent 2 hours with Larry (mostly answering our questions) and at the end we had beautiful flowers. They do a really pretty flower for the mothers of bride/groom. Larry delivered the flowers on time, at various locations. Very pleased with their service!
    Diane Event on: 08/05/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I used Larry and Maria for my daughter's Christening due to the advertisement listed in our our venue brochure. I wish I knew about them for my wedding. It was an amazing experience. They provided their recommendations based upon my original request. They actually did a mock up before the day to make sure it was what you were looking for. Completely satisfied with the outcome. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you!
  • O
    Oksana Married on 06/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We met with Larry 2 months before the wedding and decided not to go anywhere else. He made me feel very comfortable and I believe it is extremely important to trust your vendors. We had no idea what we wanted and Larry really helped us get ideas and make it personal without going over the budget. They were very open to any changes we wanted to make throughout the process. Flowers on the day of the wedding looked spectacular! Everything was exactly the way we wanted and absolutely stress-free!!!
    Delia Married on 06/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry were amazing to work with! I contacted them extremely last minute (just about 2 weeks before wedding day) and they were able to not only accommodate our request, but really provided the highest quality and friendliest service I could imagine. We got my bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, a beautiful duchess rose for my mom, and some loose eucalyptus that we incorporated into our DIY centerpieces. The bouquet and boutonniere arrangements were EXACTLY what we were looking for. I don't know much about flowers or decor-talk but Maria fully understood what I was looking for and we really couldn't be happier with their service!
    Lauren Married on 12/03/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    A rate of five stars is not nearly enough for Floral Expressions by Maria and Larry! I am so incredibly happy with the job they did for my rustic, December wedding. I shared my ideas with Maria and she transformed them into something magical. The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous, and the centerpieces and arbor were so beautiful and exactly what I wanted and more. As the bride you never know what you are going to get on the day of your wedding, and you just hope for the best that everything turned out the way you wanted it to. Maria and Larry exceeded my expectations by a mile. I got so many compliments on the day of the wedding with how beautiful the flowers and the room looked, and my bridesmaids were so in love with their bouquets. They were so organized and got everything to us on time. They made my day stress-free! Maria and Larry were so sweet and helpful throughout the whole process. Definitely recommend!!!
    Jeffrey Married on 10/29/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry are not only the very best at what they do, but they are kind, honest, and above and beyond creative. From just simple ideas and preferences we provided, they used their intuition and vision to create the most beautiful floral arrangements we and our guests have ever seen. The day of the wedding everything was perfect and they went the extra mile in their timing and preparation of a truly magnificent environment.
    Kristina Married on 06/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maria and Larry did a fantastic job in coordinating, designing, and setting up the flowers for our wedding! Maria met with us several times leading up to our big day. She enthusiastically shared samples, ideas, colors, etc., to help us determine what would look best for all of our floral needs. They are both committed to their work and did a top notch job! We highly recommend them, and we are very thankful to have had them as our florists for our wedding day!
illustration stars