Floral Designs by Nancy Reviews

Floral Designs by Nancy 2
Floral Designs by Nancy 3
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/08/2012

Nancy did a fantastic job with all my flowers for our wedding! She took my vision and applied to to all the flowers, what a great job! Thank you

Sent on 06/26/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 01/28/2012

Nancy was fantastic. It was a pleasure to work with her. She was very patient with me during the creation of our plan (I didn't really know what I wanted), and with the little bit of guidance that I gave her she created gorgeous bouquets and floral arrangements. I couldn't have been happier. Thank you, Nancy!

Sent on 02/04/2012

Autumn · Married on 06/05/2011

Nancy and Megan provided me with the most GORGEOUS florals I have ever seen at any wedding. The creativity in designing my arrangements was unmatched! Nancy sat with me twice to go over any and everything I needed and she fulfilled my expectations threefold. I was floored when I entered my outdoor walk down the aisle and saw what she had done. A+++++

Sent on 06/29/2011

Lindsey · Married on 03/18/2011

I was having a really hard time with flowers. Every florist I went to was so expensive and well beyond my budget. We met with our photographer for an appointment and he asked me how things were going. I confessed I had no idea what I was going to do with flowers and I was getting to the point where if I didn't do something soon, I wouldn't have anything. He walked out of his office and came back with a business card. He told me to call her, and that I wouldn't be disappointed. I called the next day and met with Nancy shortly after. I knew this was going to work right away. She was warm and kind and could tell how stressed I was over this. I talked to her about my ideas and she took them and ran with them. We ended up changing my flower color from pink to orange which I had never even thought of (and SOOO glad that I did!) and created unique ideas based on my vision. We worked together all along the way and communicated mostly through email. She would send me pictures and ideas of flowers that were in season so that I could stay within budget. I gave Nancy my 'number' and was almost afraid to as the other florists I went to almost laughed at me, and Nancy said, no problem. Not only did she stay within my budget but we got MORE flowers then I had imagined. People still bring up the flowers at my wedding and how beautiful they were. My husband and I left for our honeymoon the Sunday after our wedding and my parents had most of the left over arrangements at their house. When we got back from our honeymoon 8 days later, they were still gorgeous. It was amazing. I have recommended Nancy to friends getting married and I will continue to do so. She made the flowers a stress-free part of my wedding and I am so thankful to her for that. She is a wonderful person and an amazing florist. I'm just sad I don't have another reason to work with her in the future! Thanks for everything Nancy!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/16/2010

We loved everything about Nancy! Her work is beautiful and she is the nicest person one could ever want to work with. She was very laid back and knew exactly what I wanted. I was going for a different approach, not the traditional and Nancy was there every step of the way. I am so glad that I was referred to her by a friend of mine, I can't thank Nancy enough for her amazing work that she provided me on the most important day of my life. Thank you!

Sent on 03/09/2011

Extremely satisfied with my wedding bouquet!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 07/04/2016

I absolutely loved working with Nancy right from the start! I walked away from other florists feeling completely overwhelmed, but walked away from Nancy feeling good and excited. The bouquets were exactly what I wanted and more :). She was extremely easy to work with and extremely reasonable. I highly recommend Nancy to everyone!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/01/2016

I loved Nancy and my flowers! Not only were my flowers beautiful but they were the best price around! For about $600 I got 3 bouquets, 6 boutonnieres, 3 single flowers for the moms, a cake topper and aisle flowers! Such an awesome deal!! I also contacted Nancy about 4 days before the wedding to ask if she would attach my father's wedding band to my bouquet and not only did she do it but it looked wonderful and was firmly secured. A lot of guests (including my photographer) have commented on how beautiful my flowers were. I also love that Nancy works out of her home so every encounter with her has a more homey feel. I will be recommending her to everyone!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/06/2014

Nancy was referred to us by our wedding cake vendor and we were very happy she did! We met with Nancy in her home and from the first moment she made us feel comfortable and at ease. She got we wanted immediately and in less than an hour we had chosen all the flowers for the bouquets, boutonnières, centerpieces, décor for the church and reception space (which really helped because we did not live in the area we were getting married in). She got our vision immediately and we walked out knowing she was a perfect fit for us. She wasn't always the quickest to respond to emails, but when you are smack in the middle of wedding season I imagine it is difficult! But she always did get back to us and I never felt worried. She also is very fair and gave us a great price for everything. We were worried that we weren't going to have everything we wanted in terms of flowers. I had heard that the cost of flowers for wedding worth their weight in gold so I was not very optimistic at all, but she gave us everything we wanted on budget!! She also had great ideas that in the end really added to overall look of the wedding. Now for the actual wedding day, everything was BEAUTIFUL. She did a great job!! The bouquets looked and photographed superbly and the room itself looked just beautiful. I had many guests compliment the flowers and comment on how classy and elegant everything looked. Something I'll remember about Nancy though is that in our first meeting we must have mentioned our anniversary date, but she must have logged it written it down because she specifically sent us an email on our anniversary date and saying how she can't wait for our wedding in a few months. It meant so much to us :-). She's also a very cool lady, great personality! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • User3519721 · 2+ years ago

I got married at Candlewood Inn over Memorial Day Weekend. The bouquets, flowers, centerpieces, and what Nancy calls "wedding fluff" were amazing! I had little idea of what I wanted when I first started talking to Nancy. All I knew was that I wanted to keep the flowers simple and elegant. When I first met with Nancy I was indecisive and unclear, but she immediately understood what I was looking for and put me at ease. The florals and decorations far exceeded my expectations. Nancy covered all the essentials and then some. I continue to find new floral decorations as I look through photos and realize the extent of the work that Nancy put in to making our day special and beautiful. At Candlewood, she only had 1 hour between the previous wedding and my own to put everything together. She did it with ease which relieved some of the stress of the day! I highly recommend Nancy and her partner to anyone looking for a florist!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/29/2013

I am so glad we booked Nancy for our wedding! I didn't have any ideas on flowers and she gave great advice based on what we wanted the day to look like. The flowers were beautiful and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Meaghan · Married on 06/16/2017

Nancy was THE BEST! When my mom and I went for our appointment with her, we left so incredibly happy with our decision to choose her to do my wedding flowers. I wasn't a bride that was going to spend $5,000 plus on flowers and she completely kept everything within my budget. She will be totally real with you, which I absolutely loved about her. On the day of, Meg dropped our bouquets off at our hotel rooms and I couldn't have been happier with the arrangements. They were exactly what I had envisioned for my flowers. Our table centerpieces and ceremony flowers were also perfection. I had friends and family raving about how beautiful and creative the centerpieces were. I recommend Floral Designs by Nancy to any bride who wants a wonderful professional to create their wedding flowers.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 07/03/2016

When I began looking for a florist for my wedding I was looking for someone who understood my vision for my flowers. When we met with Nancy it was like she could read my mind. She knew exactly what I was looking for and when I saw my flowers I was blown away. They were so beautiful, and exactly what I wanted. Nancy was so wonderful to work with. If you are looking for a florist for your wedding look no further.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Allison · Married on 10/18/2014

Nancy & Megan were fantastic- the help in deciding how to make what I had in mind into reality for our wedding flowers was incredible. I was nervous about how the arrangements would look as it was difficult for me to picture how some of the flowers would come together, and Nancy was so sweet as to even put together a similar sample for me to see to ease my mind- and it was incredible, let me tell you! The flowers the day of were amazing- absolutely gorgeous. The bouquets were fantastic and lasted well all night, and the centerpieces were breathtaking. Everyone to this day continues to rave about the flowers. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Nancy for your flowers for any event.

Sent on 11/17/2014

My husband and I were very happy we chose Floral Designs by Nancy for our 2011 Wedding. Her flowers embodied everything Bridal Flowers should be...Beautiful, elegant, and fresh. I found her to be very reasonable compared to other florists in the area. She is punctual, creative, friendly and organized. She delivered everything we asked for and more. I recommend her to my friends and will continue to!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Holly · Married on 10/10/2009

When I met with Nancy the first time I had no idea what I wanted, but she was patient, when through pictures with me and helped me figure it out. Nancy is easy to talk to and dose excellent work. The flowers for our wedding were stunning...everything I wanted but better right down to the bathroom deco!! She leaves nothing out, even had an arrangement for bar. My only complaint is that the bouquets were late in arriving to the house, but they did make it before we were ready to leave. Small stress aside, I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/12/2009

I LOVE my bouquets!!! I wish they could last forever! They came out even better than I imagined. Nancy had some great suggestions for flowers and how to design all the girls bouquets.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Receive almost everything I asked for. A little dissapointed that my bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets didn't appeared exactly as we had discussed previously but overall satisfied.

Sent on 09/22/2015

bruce · Married on 08/08/2015

3.5

We truly loved her work! the bouquets (all 6) and the boutonnières were just beautiful!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

Nancy created beautiful arrangements at an affordable price! She is very friendly and has creative ideas for unique arrangements. She knows her flowers!

Sent on 11/04/2016

4.2
      3.5

I would definitely recommend Floral Designs by Nancy

Sent on 05/10/2016

Timothy · Married on 12/09/2011

2.8
      3.0

Nancy thought that our wedding day was on Saturday, not Friday. When the flowers hadn't arrived, 30 mins before the ceremony, she was called. She was so apologetic and put together some arrangements and delivered them promptly. Needless to say, we ended up with not exactly what we had paid for (nor were there enough of them). The arrangements were delivered in front of our guests and our ceremony was delayed. That said, what we did get were quite lovely. Nancy called on the following Monday, apologizing further. She credited us back a sufficient amount, which was fair and appreciated. Don't get us wrong, Nancy would have scored 4 - 5 stars in each category, if it weren't for this glitch. We definitely would recommend her - just call the day before, to make sure that you're all on the same page!

Sent on 01/01/2012

Kate · Married on 07/08/2012

2.6
      2.0

The flowers were stunning. That I can't deny.

But actually getting ahold of Nancy was frustrating. I eventually had to give my fiancee the task of dealing with her because I was beyond annoyed the closer we got to the wedding. She would take up to 2 weeks to respond. As a bride with much to do- chasing down a florist isn't on the list if things to do.

When we first met with her we felt she would be a great person for the job. We had discussed going back and seeing different flowers so that, we would have a better grasp on what we wanted. never happened. We wanted loose flowers to be put on the tiers of our cake. No cake topper i had tried to remind Nancy a few time & sent her pictures. However, we received a full cake topper we didn't want. We didn't have time nor did we want to ruin the flowers by taking it apart.

I was unhappy with the way Nancy kept records of payment. I never receive notice she had gotten my checks nor did I receive any receipt or balance remaining. Thankfully I had kept my own balances. And in my final email to nancy she told the balance needed at the time of pick up. When my sister picked them up the morning of, I had already written the check with the final $ Nancy had given me a week before. Nancy told her that it was the wrong amount. It was more. Nancy let my sister take the flowers but keep your own records ladies.

The week before our wedding my fiancée and I had made plans to pick up an archway she had let us borrow for the alter. She had completely forgotten & when we showed up she was out staining her deck & didn't know who I was, what the appt was for. I was completely floored. She had just emailed with me 2 days prior reminding me to be there.

The flowers worked out. They were beautiful. As bride a trial run would have been nice. I would recommend the flowers but didn't appreciate the hassles I had to go thru.

Sent on 11/03/2012

2.0
      1.5
      1.0

At the end of the day the flowers were beyond beautiful. Everyone raved about them. Everything looked perfect! HOWEVER dealing with Nancy prior to the wedding was incredibly hard and time consuming. You have to stay on top of her to make sure she does everything correctly. During the initial meeting she took down our notes and desires and explained that she would take care of everything. Unfortunately, following these meetings we found out that she would actually do practically none of the items we requested (especially relating to our centerpieces). I also found out that our venue sales manager ended up decorating our cake with flowers because Nancy just left without doing it. In addition, during our final meeting (in which Nancy was NOT flexible about scheduling the meeting so it was terrible to schedule) she changed the cost of everything. She literally took our contract, whited out some amounts and increased them - we ended up paying $300 more than originally quoted and I have no idea why. At the end of it, we paid it because we were a week to the date and she said she wouldn't deliver any flowers until she received full payment. At that meeting, she also asked me a variety of questions about delivering flowers to the church, which I answered. Then the day before the wedding she called me to ask the exact same questions again.

So yes - the flowers are BEAUTIFUL. She will do an incredible job and she will deliver them HOWEVER she has no real business sense, so stay on top of her. At the end she was still cheaper than some others. So perhaps you do get what you pay for.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Floral Designs by Nancy's reply:

Lisa, I have to say I was quite disappointed when I saw this review. Especially after reading the email you sent me the SAME day saying how Beautiful everything was and you wanted to say thank you and even sent pics!! As a professional, I was extremely accommodating to your needs. All 42 emails, the majority were answered the same/or next day. a couple were delayed because you "received my away message saying I was working on my weddings for the weekend and would get back to you on Monday/Tuesday etc" The only thing that I can think of about taking care of things, when we met, you explained how you were planning on putting a "stack" of books on the tables, I even offered old books that I had in my attic if you wanted them. When you mentioned in a later email you wanted to "drop off the books" and have me tie them together with ribbon, I explained that was not part of the "budget" we discussed and I would be able to do it but would have to charge, you responded with you will take care of that! I definitely would have been happy to do it for you, but you would have to consider MY time and Business Labor fee?? NO?? My partner and assistant delivered the wedding to the venue and were there for the proper allotted time...Meg did call me about the cake and I sent her the picture we had on file, during that time, when Meg went over to the Cake, Eileen had already decorated it...Meg sent me a pic, I said it looked really nice, we had discussed the TWO sunflowers that were to be placed on it, Eileen and Meg discussed it and decided it looked pretty the way it was and that the "Sunflowers" might have been to heavy for where you wanted them placed. It was decided to leave it as it was. As far as "scheduling our FINAL" meeting, I WAS NOT able to accommodate a SATURDAY apt during the BUSY season, would you have wanted me to meet with someone it the midst of setting up YOUR wedding?? The $300. was 4 extra tables and tax for the wedding total. Do you know of any florist tha