Floral Design by Melissa Reviews

19 Reviews for Floral Design by Melissa

19 Floral Design by Melissa Reviews
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/21/2018

Melissa was great to work with!

Melissa was absolutely fabulous to work with! She put together the most amazing floral arrangements! Melissa was very responsive and flexible to our needs! She even helped with the ceremony setup and decorations last minute because the venue wouldn’t!!

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Where do I even begin with Melissa?! We immediately connected when searching for a florist for our wedding. She took my vision and created it PLUS MORE. Her work is phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous and so thoughtful throughout the process. Thank you a billion times for all that you did!

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2018

I absolutely love Melissa. She is so professional, hardworking and passionate. Huge thanks to both her and her husband Matt who traveled to Providence to make our big day look gorgeous!

I was intimidated going in to our consultation because I know nothing about floral design but Melissa was able to give the ideas swimming in my head a voice- the end product was beyond what I could have imagined.

Throughout the wedding planning process people had told me that guests don’t remember details like the flowers, but SO many of our guests commented on how much they loved what Melissa created for us. Our centerpieces, sweetheart table garland, and bouquets looked like a dream. You will not regret placing your trust in Floral Designs by Melissa.

Floral Design by Melissa 1
  • F

Francesca · Married on 08/03/2018

Melissa was great to work with. At our first meeting I truly had no idea what I wanted and she spent the time to help me figure it out. After that I slightly changed some things and she was super accommodating. I did lanterns for centerpieces with flowers pouring out and they were more beautiful than i could have imagined. Guests loved them so much they wanted them!! My bouquet as well as my bridesmaids and flower girls were gorgeous. We got so many compliments. I am very happy that my photographer recommended Melissa to me. She is great!

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

The work Melissa does is BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy we had the opportunity to work with her. From our initial meeting, we knew she understood our vision. Having a Pinterest board of flower ideas, she helped tie all of our different ideas together to create the most beautiful floral arrangements for our wedding day. Throughout the planning process, Melissa was availble to answer any questions we had putting our mind at ease and helping to eliminate any stress.

When we met with Melissa at our final consultation, she reviewed all of our floral choices for each aspect of the day. After leaving this meeting, we knew we had nothing to worry about and Melissa would handle every detail perfectly.

The morning of our wedding, Melissa arrived on time delievering the most beautiful bouquets. I was thrilled with the quality of work and just how beautiful they were. They were exactly what I had envisioned and hoped for! Walking into our ceremony and reception I was taken back at how beautiful the floral arrangements were. Melissa's attention to detail truly showed and everyone in attendance agreed.

I cannot say enough great things about Melissa and Floral Design by Melissa. Her work is incredible and she is a pleasure to work with!

Doreen · Married on 09/10/2017

Melissa was a pleasure to work with and had beautifully creative ideas. She designed the perfect arrangements to decorate the staircase that my daughter walked down on the morning of her wedding. Melissa was also so very considerate. She came to our home at the early hour of 8 am to arrange the flowers on our staircase in time for the photographers to start their photo shoot. A perfect way to begin our special day filled with beautiful memories!

Linda · Married on 09/09/2017

Melissa did a wonderful job with the flowers for a Jack and Jill shower for my daughter and her fiancé. I was making the plans long distance and was not familiar with florists in the area. She was recommended by the venue and when I gave her the color scheme and described the vibe that we were trying to create-which was very casual as the event was in a brewery-she gave me great ideas and sent me pictures of the flowers that she was recommending. I had already selected the customized vases and had them sent to her and she delivered them filled and placed them on the tables at the agreed upon time-and they looked just beautiful. Very easy to deal with and it took a lot of pressure off me as I was out of state.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Floral Design by Melissa's reply:

Thank you so much Linda for having me be your floral designer for the day. It was wonderful working with you as well! Your container choice was amazing. I'm so happy that I got to meet you. Thank you for the kind words!

Anastasia · Married on 04/22/2017

My flowers could not possibly have been more gorgeous. Melissa is very thorough, and really helped me narrow down exactly what I wanted. Then she executed it perfectly!! I can't recommend her enough.

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding coordinator connected us to Melissa and we could not have been happier with the choice. We were provided with excellent guidance in terms of selecting floral arrangements that fit our style and preferences, the theme of our wedding, and our budget. We were absolutely overjoyed on the day of our wedding with everything that Melissa provided – she truly went above and beyond: delivering beautiful bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages; arranging stunning centerpieces; and offering to put some “finishing touches” around our reception space. I would recommend her highly!

Katy · Married on 09/24/2016

I am so happy that I chose Floral Design by Melissa for my wedding at Saint Clements Castle last September! Melissa is so kind and great to work with. She spent over an hour on the phone with me for our initial consultation and had some great tips for me since I wanted to do some DIY work for the table centerpieces. Melissa perfectly executed the vision I had in mind. I wanted a rustic look with dried flowers and wheat for my bouquet and the centerpieces, and what she put together was so beautiful. Plus, she was great about working within our budget and incorporating the DIY elements I prepared for the centerpieces. I never thought that I would get so excited about the flowers for my wedding, but Melissa's passion for what she does is infectious!

Melissa is wonderful to work with and incredibly talented! She listened to my ideas and vision and made it a total reality! My wedding was fall themed with tons of pumpkins, hay bails, cornstalks, and fall flowers everywhere. Melissa made everything look beautiful and completely exceeded my expectations. Melissa was also very honest with my (then) fiance and I. Instead of insisting all of the pumpkins and such be purchased through her distributor, she recommended I shop around and see if I could purchase them cheaper elsewhere. I HIGHLY recommend Floral Design By Melissa to anyone getting married in CT.

Brianna · Married on 09/20/2014

Melissa is the sweetest, most wonderful person to work with. I feel so lucky to have found her! She was so responsive - emailing and texting with me for almost a full year in advance of my wedding day since I was coming from out if state. She created the most out of this world GORGEOUS flower crown that I am having a hard time taking off :) it is made with silk and real flowers that create such a dynamic and exquisite combination and I'm so happy it will stay in tact for years to come! In terms of our bouquets, I was absolutely speechless. I was never a fan of the tightly wrapped, orderly bouquet and Melissa created bouquets that looked like they had been swept up from a field of wildflowers and casually wrapped in burlap. She understood perfectly the look and vibe we were going for and absolutely hit it out of the park with EVERYTHING! Center pieces, bouquets, bouts for the guys, my flower crown....it was all put together with such an easy bohemian vibe. We couldn't be happier!!! Melissa is dedicated, sweet, professional, responsive, and worth every penny.

Beverly · Married on 09/06/2014

We got married in Mystic, CT on September 6th. It was very difficult to plan a wedding and find the right vendors when you're not from the area. We are from NYC so a lot of my communication with Melissa was over phone calls and via email. Each time I spoke to Melissa I knew I picked the right florist. I know nothing about flowers and Melissa was so good at sending me pictures of ideas to give me inspiration. She was so accommodating and so awesome! I was such a flip flopper on what kind of center pieces I wanted, what I wanted to do for the ceremony, what my bouquet was going to look like and with every change Melissa was so understanding. Every time I called to her to discuss anything, I felt like I was talking to a friend! She's honestly one of the sweetest people to meet. She's absolutely reasonably priced! The day of the wedding, Melissa came to drop off the bouquets and boutonnieres, EVERYTHING came out EXACTLY how I pictured it. My bridesmaids had sunflower bouquets, I was so worried the sunflowers were going to be small and not full...man was I wrong. The sunflowers that Melissa brought were amazing! they were all Open and Big and PERFECT!!! my Bouquet was exactly what I asked for! last minute we decided to have my husbands uncle build us pedestals for the ceremony, Melissa was only able to see these pedestals through pictures and man did she do an AWESOME job on matching the bucket to the color of the pedestals and the flowers were exactly the right hight and look that I wanted. AMAZING Melissa!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING DAY LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rachel · Married on 06/07/2014

Melissa was wonderful to work with! We had previously had a terrible experience with another florist involving commitment issues to keep appointments and not providing details in writing. After going through everything with him and having him drop our contract months before our wedding, I was hesitant to even hire another florist and almost went the DIY route. I am so glad we found Melissa, she was personable, professional, reasonably priced, and an overall pleasure to work with. The day of my wedding I was beyond excited about how our flowers turned out. They were vibrant, sturdy, and fresh. I was surprised at how excited and happy I was over my flowers. She definitely exceeded my expectations. In the bridal suite before the reception began, I was informed by a staff member at our facility that she thought Melissa was amazing too. The venue had held a lunch event that took place before our wedding and was scheduled to be finished well before our reception began. Unexpectedly, the party left extremely late and I was told Melissa hung out in the kitchen patiently waiting for the party to leave and worked in an even shorter time frame to set everything up for us. I would highly recommend hiring Melissa for your floral designer!

Leanne · Married on 10/15/2011

I met with Melissa to discuss our October wedding and had a wonderful experience. Melissa was so helpful in creating a plan and a vision using our general ideas, color scheme, and budget. Because I don't have a lot of experience with flowers and arrangements, I was having a hard time picturing how the bouquets and centerpieces would look, but I had no problem trusting Melissa with our ideas. On the day of our wedding, I could not have been happier with the bouquets and centerpieces. We received numerous compliments on the work Melissa created for us. Everything was absolutely perfect and more beautiful than I ever could have hoped for. I would not hesitate to recommend Melissa to anyone planning their wedding.

Melissa took all of my different ideas and created beautiful arrangements! She takes the time to meet with you and really get a feel for what each bride wants. Everything came together better than I could have imagined. She was very easy to work with and you can tell she takes pride in her work! Highly recommend her.

Melisa · Married on 09/02/2017

Melissa did an AMAZING job for our wedding! She came recommended by our wedding coordinator, EST Occasions, and she went above and beyond what we ever could have hoped for. Melissa was attentive and listened to all of our thoughts and concerns, and had beautiful suggestions to complement our vision and style. I loved my bridal bouquet, and my bridesmaids bouquets all came out lovely as well. For our reception centerpieces we had white lanterns that were slightly elevated, surrounded by a ring of hydrangeas. Melissa nailed the centerpieces! They were so full and beautiful, they were show stoppers. We highly recommend Melissa!

Alison · Married on 06/03/2017

Melissa did a wonderful job with our wedding flowers. We were so pleased with what she put together and had so many creative ideas for us. The flowers really made our wedding so beautiful. She was also very reasonably priced which I really appreciated. She really tries to work within your budget by suggesting different types of flowers to give the look you are going for but for a more reasonable price. We had 2 meetings before the wedding where we went over every detail and she gave lots of great opinions and showed us pictures of all the flowers she was going to use. We loved the way she decorated the venue with the flowers as well. Thank you, Melissa!!!

Melissa did a wonderful job with our bridal party bouquets, corsages and boutineers. She worked closely with me to get the look and feel I wanted without spending an absolute fortune. I love purples, and Melissa suggested the perfect flowers to capture our style within our budget----purple hydrangeas, lavender roses and purple stock. She was easy to work with, always responsive on her cell and email, and delivered the flowers on time and looking fabulous. We would highly recommend her!