Fleurishes Reviews

12 | Bar Harbor, ME

12 Reviews for Fleurishes

Barbarlyn is amazing!!!!!!!!! She listens and delivers exactly what you want. I highly recommend her for wedding flowers. She is so helpful and just has an eye for producing beautiful arrangments and bouquets. Guests of the wedding are still raving about her work. Barbaralyn took care of all the details too, which is reassuring on the big day. I was completely confident in her!

Sent on 08/27/2015

CYNTHIA · Married on 05/17/2014

BARBARA LYNN WALEN IS EXCEPTIONAL ,AT WHAT SHE DOES, CREATING ARRANGEMENTS THAT ARE RICH, ARTISTIC AND BEAUTIFUL. MY DAUGHTER WAS SO HAPPY WITH EVERYHTING BARBARA LYNN DID FOR HER WEDDING. HER CREATIVEITUY IS INCREDIBLE. SHE IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR YOUR EVENT!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Fleurishes exceeded our expectations! We fell in love with Barbaralyn! I had no idea where to start and was so overwhelmed with my wedding planning, that when I first met with her, my anxiety was high. She set my mind at ease and it was evident from the beginning that we made the right choice with Fleurishes! With her artistic flair and ability to help us create a vision of what it could all look like made me feel confident in what she could do. The result was that our wedding ceremony and reception was an explosion of gorgeous flowers, textures and natural material in a beautiful setting that made for a perfect day despite the intense humidity!!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Barbaralyn is an amazing florist! She made our ceremony and reception so gorgeous the venue we had our wedding at actually took photos of our wedding for their website. I told her what I liked she she replicated everything, pulling out all the stops. If you are getting married in Maine, Barbaralyn is the way to go.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Allison · Married on 09/10/2011

Chelcey was wonderful to work with and brought the creative flair, flexibility and attention to detail that we wanted. She is all about getting the right feel for your guests and working within your budget. She went way above and beyond to fulfill what we requested for our centerpieces, which was unusual, and very graciously accommodated last minute changes. She was there all weekend making sure that the setup and execution was right for the reception decor.

The result was stunning - dreamy, perfectly appropriate to our theme and the venue, and a great value. The cumulative effect was amazing for what we spent, and it was because she sourced the best flowers/plants and the creative work was just right.

Our bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and just exactly what we wanted in look and feel, though I had given her pretty minimal guidance on actual flowers, she got what I liked based on a few inspiration pictures and vague descriptions :) They were perfect.

Chelcey is well connected in the Bar Harbor area, so I would especially highly recommend her if your event is on the island. She had worked with our cake baker, she had experience with our venue, and had helpful suggestions for related vendors (lighting, etc) and would do the legwork to coordinate them. She is responsive to phone/email, and a really delightful person. I'd very highly recommend Chelcey to anyone!

Jen · Married on 07/09/2011

Chelcey is certainly cherished by our family for helping to make our daughter's wedding a very memorable experience and taking a lot of the stress away. :)
    She was very prompt, professional and has a very unique talent.
    Chelcey ROCKS!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/17/2011

Chelcey was great to work with! Since we were having a destination wedding in Bar Harbor, I sent her photos of the brides bouquet and she was able to recommend and order the flowers and greenery to give my daughter her dream bouquet. Her delivery was prompt, service courteous, and even gave us some of the extra flowers from her shop since she was leaving town. All the flowers were fresh and opened up right before the wedding. They were beautiful! I'd recommend her highly!

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2011

Chelcey's flowers at my wedding were absolutely beautiful and exactly what my fiance and I wanted. My fiance and I had very particular visions that did not exactly match each other, but she worked to figure out exactly what type of floral scheme would match both of our styles. She matched the styles and pictures that I showed her perfectly, and she helped make our wedding magical! My favorite pieces were my bouquet and the wedding arch that she made for us - it was better than I even could have imagined!!

Sent on 11/30/2011

gerri · Married on 07/30/2011

Chelcey understood the theme and feeling that my daughter wanted to project during her wedding day, classic with a modern feel. She was so responsive and open during the whole process,promptly contacting us with any questions she had. So easy to work with.

Sent on 11/15/2011

A · Married on 06/14/2011

3.8
      1.5

I was very pleased with my flowers for my wedding day! Everything was exactly how I had imagined. Chelcey was great. I was planning my wedding from Florida and she was very prompt with emails which included pictures of examples of all the flowers used for our wedding! All the church flowers where recycled to the reception venue which was a great way to contain the cost of our flowers. I would not hesitate to use Chelcey again!

Sent on 04/27/2012
  • User6206007 · 2+ years ago

3.6
      3.0

I used Flourishes because that is who my vendor uses and recommended but I had a couple problems. The first was we drove an hour to meet her and she didn't show up even after we called. She was super apologetic and offered my MIL a deal on the rehearsal flowers because of the mix up. We were understanding and it was no big deal. Then the rehearsal came and the venue manager walked in late with the wrong flowers so my MIL was going to roll with it anyways only to find out they weren't even ours! They were from another company and for a different event. The owner of fleurishes walked in an hour late to the event to put the flowers on the table. Luckily the day of the wedding things were flawless and everyone was really impressed by the arrangements. I think she's amazing other than her lack of organization.

Sent on 01/14/2016

2.4
      2.0

While the final flowers for our wedding were beautiful, there were several problems that led to a partial refund. For example, key bridal party flowers wilted early in the event and they failed to bring in the ceremony flowers to the dining room (so the room looked bare and we specifically paid extra for certain flowers to be repurposed), which happened because she didn't show at our wedding to assist with repurposing the flowers. It also took several email and phone call attempts to get replies during planning. Beautiful flowers, but they came with stress, uncertainty and not as initially agreed upon.

Sent on 11/09/2013