Fleur De Lis Florist Reviews

185 | Baltimore, MD

185 Reviews for Fleur De Lis Florist

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2007

Christine Rubin is fantastic! She is full of great ideas and understands the need to work on a budget. I loved my bouquet! And our center pieces were so much fun! The consultation was a breeze. Christine has a ton of books and magazines to page through. So, even if you don't have a clue about what you want you'll leave feeling accomplished and have a plan. I would use her for any function or even to just send a bouquet.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Marisa · Married on 07/15/2006

Christine was great to work with and very creative. I loved our centerpieces and floral arrangements. She was also really cool when I found some cheaper vases to use (rather than renting from her). The only downside was that the day before the wedding, she called to say that she ran out of the ribbon I picked out for the bouquets. No big deal - I just didn't want to be told these things right before the wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2007
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/30/2016

Great florist. Lana was great to work with and was able to put together something that I loved without much input from me. During the consolation she pulled together a bouquet to show me what it would look like. The flowers came out excellent and she was willing to let up pick them up on our schedule. Awesome!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Maureen · Married on 10/20/2007

3.5

I met with this florist and she had some lovely and creative ideas. I ended up getting my flowers closer to where my weddiing was due to delivery logistics, but this florist had some creative ideas that I was able to use with my other florist.

Sent on 12/23/2008

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2017

3.0

In short: Fleur de Lis is a great pick. Our flowers were beautiful and well-priced for this area, and not too conventional. The very specific requests we had--anemone, thistle, palm leaves under the centerpieces--were accommodated, and for those items where we needed help or inspiration, Lana was able to make great, cost-effective suggestions. We exchanged multiple emails in real time to decide on containers for centerpieces and the arbor for the ceremony. This is a family business, so the shop and communications weren't fancy or slick, but everyone there was helpful and engaging. It's a great choice, and I was glad to support a business in downtown Baltimore.

Sent on 06/28/2017

3.0

Beautiful flowers. Christine had good ideas and arranged our vision from our minds into real life. She knew our venue and was able to cater to what would make it look best. Exceptional price for what we received.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Rachel · Married on 11/03/2007

2.0

I used them for my bridal party only since I booked them 3 weeks before my wedding as soon as I heard bad reviews about the florist I was supposed to use and that is all Fleur de Lis had time to do.The flowers were very high quality and turned out gorgeous, especially bridal bouquet. Last minute they replaced the pearl handle that I ordered with irredecent beads since they ran out of pearls. The beads did not match my dress and jewelry as well and was very noticable in pictures. They worked with my bugdet but the bridesmaids bouqets turned out a little smaller than expected. Overall the flowers were fresh and arranged just like the pictures I showed them.

Sent on 01/09/2008

Marianna · Married on 09/29/2017

Fleur De Lis Florist did the flowers for our wedding on 9/29/17. The centerpieces and bridal party's flowers turned out very well. I also got a lot of compliments on my bouquet.

Sent on 10/10/2017

3.8
      3.5

I am writing this review 8 months after my wedding because I wanted to be as objective as I could. Leading up to our wedding we were excited to work with Christine and Fleur de Lis because the company came highly recommended to us by a number of people. I had some difficulty with our contract as I had to send it back to Christine a number of times because of errors I found. The week of the wedding I emailed and confirmed with Christine what room, day and time we would need the flowers, and my wedding coordinator also confirmed with the company earlier that week. Around 3pm on the day of the wedding (wedding was to start at 5:00) when the flowers should have arrived by 2pm, I called Christine. She answered the phone and said that they had thought our wedding was the next day, but that because they do things ahead of time they had the flowers made up. Like any bride would be, I was freaking out. Luckily the flower shop was not far from our venue, but it put us back in taking pictures and caused a lot of undue stress. They were setting up our ceremony up until the last minute before the doors were open. If there had been more time they would have seen that the candles in the vases were not staying lit and would have had time to relight them. However, there was no extra time and the candles were not lit down the aisle like they were supposed to be. At the end of the day, the flowers were beautiful and no one knew the difference, but it caused me a lot of stress on a day that I obviously didn't need to have extra stress. Ultimately, Christine made it right and after seeing the final result we were very pleased with the flowers. Christine has a wonderful imagination and a beautiful way with flowers, but Fleur de Lis needs to have a business manager that handles the contracts and confirms their appointments so this doesn't happen at another wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Julie · Married on 03/23/2014

2.8
      0.5
      0.5

First of all, flowers were gorgeous! Although the orchid center piece were not exactly as described, they were still very pretty.

I can not say for other staff members, but I would like to comment on Christine Rubin, the owner.
    For whatever communications there may have been, it is NEVER acceptable for a vendor to yell at a bride about how upset she is the day before the wedding.

She ended up telling my now husband sorry, but there was NO apology directed to me personally. Even after this experience, I decided to do another business with them because the flowers were so pretty. When I met her in person, she was still very RUDE and UNAPOLOGETIC.

Long story short, their flowers are absolutely beautiful. But for me, it was not worth it to be in tears being yelled at by the one of the vendors the day before our wedding.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Fleur De Lis Florist's reply:

I am truly sorry that my bride felt "yelled" at, as that was not my intention. When I called her by cell phone the day before her wedding which is when I received an email requesting changes to the wedding, I honestly felt very concerned , worried and stressed that I would be unable to do anything at that point since the wholesalers were closed and the wedding was complete and packaged for travel/delivery for the next morning. Also, our contracts state and I verbally state in my appointments that we take as many major changes as needed up until one month prior to wedding date and any small changes up until 2 weeks prior.
    I know that my concern came through in my voice, but my intention was not to yell but convey that I could not accommodate such a late request and trust me I would if I could cuz that is just how we roll.
    Weeks later when she stopped by to pick up a floral order I was headed into a wedding consultation with a bride and she pointed out who she was and stressed how rude I was for yelling at her and quite frankly it caught me off guard and was very embarrassing in front of my potential new client.
    I found it hard to apologize and move forward as she was not accepting my apology. As many times as I repeated the apology she felt it was not sincere. I continue to be sorry that I upset her and again I am so sorry, not my intention was never to upset you at all.
    Sincerely, Christine Rubin