Fleur De Lis Florist Reviews

185 | Baltimore, MD

185 Reviews for Fleur De Lis Florist

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2008

Christine was wonderful to work with. Had wonderful ideas and was very responsive.

Sent on 07/15/2008

Michelle · Married on 11/17/2007

Christine created stunning arrangements for our church service and reception. She really captured and enhanced on what we envisioned for the day. The flowers were rich, romantic and lush. From the colors to the textures every piece was perfect. Christine had the right mix of experience, creativity and passion for what we wanted. A bouquet of tightly bunched cala lillies or roses just wouldn't do for us and she really hit the nail on the head by mixing unique textures and colors. When our bouquets and the flower girl pomander arrived I was ecstatic. We were so thrilled with the church flowers that a friend actually brought the pew clips to our house to decorate for a brunch that we hosted the next day (and they looked fabulous). The flowers at the Inn were remarkable. They were just breathtaking and were noted as such by countless guests. I highly recommend Christine at fleur de lis for flowers.

Sent on 01/24/2008

Maureen · Married on 08/25/2007

Beautiful flowers & great service. I appreciated the flexibility of the owner. She was great!

Sent on 09/19/2007

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2007

The flowers were absolutely beautiful - Christine was great to work with.

Sent on 06/18/2007

Shannon · Married on 04/03/2004

Christine Rubin at Fleur de Lis Florist is extremely talented. She is creative and really knows her stuff when it comes to weddings and flowers. The flowers she did for me--primarily tulips--were astoundingly beautiful. She and I talked about the color palette I had in mind, my desire for tulips, and she took it from there. She has a knack for getting to know someone and delivering what that person wants. Everything was taken care of and I didn't have to worry. She is a force of nature and I feel really fortunate to have had her on my side on the wedding day. I can't recommend her highly enough. She can do a simple small wedding or a million-dollar extravaganza. She's been in the business for a decade or more now and deserves the attention she's getting from Baltimore magazine and other media. Call her early, though--she's booking up further and further in advance these days! Oh and she's great with recommendations for wedding sites, caterers, all kinds of details, she's been doing this so long and so well!

Sent on 08/28/2007

Lana was wonderful. We planned our wedding in a fairly short time span and I only began contacting florists about a month ahead of time. She was able to get me in for a consultation within a few days. Based on our conversation and a few photographs, she perfectly picked up on the vibe that I wanted. I was going for a colorful wildflower/informal look, and I wanted to stay seasonally appropriate to early fall without looking cheesy or Halloween-like. The flowers that she suggested were magnificent. She even incorporated some flowers that matched the flower motif on my dress. My one regret is that I was so busy during the wedding that I didn't get to spend any time gazing on the gorgeous flower arrangements, but I can't wait to see them when we get our final photographs. Lana was so easy to work with, and so accommodating to our very short planning period.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Julia · Married on 09/06/2014

Christine and her team were fantastic with our flowers. Everything was completely beautiful and we got so many compliments on the bouquets. Christine was extremely accommodating in updating my contract, her delivery fees and times, and in taking my ideas for the flowers. I would definitely recommend Fleur de lis!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Christine and her team did a wonderful job with our wedding flowers. She was so patient with all of our changes and the flowers came out beautifully. She definitely knows her stuff and everything arrived as expected.

Sent on 05/24/2013

We worked with Christine for our flowers. I found her about two months before our wedding and was worried that there wouldn't be enough time to get a contract and work out a plan. She was very responsive and we met a month before our wedding to discuss what I wanted. I gave her pictures of my dress, shoes, bridesmaids' dresses and shoes and she worked with those and our color palette and to create a vision for the flowers. She worked within my budget to give me look I wanted. To keep costs down, she made all of the bouquets and provided the vases and centerpiece flowers for my family to assemble the day before my wedding. I also got my cake topper and a gardenia hair piece from her. Christine is amazing and I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Alissa · Married on 10/29/2011

The Flowers were PERFECT and Christine was FAB!!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Kate · Married on 06/26/2010

I can't say enough about how beautiful the flowers were for our wedding. I worked with Christine and she immediately understood the look I was going for. We used very untraditional flowers with a lot of texture. They were so unique and we received so many complements on them. We actually picked all the flowers up instead of having them delivered. They were organized and very well prepared for traveling. I would recommend this florist highly to anyone looking for beautiful wedding flowers!!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Sue · Married on 09/19/2009

We loved this vendor. We worked with Christine Rubin. The flowers and ideas she had were so unique and beautiful. Everything looked great, and went smoothly. I would recommend this vendor to anyone.

Sent on 10/01/2009
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Flowers!

We hired Fleur De Lis for our wedding and were very happy with the result. The flowers were beautiful and Lana was very professional. We made some changes about a month before and she was very accommodating. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Fleur De Lis Florist's reply:

Jenna,
    I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review! Everything looked gorgeous and I am so happy that you were pleased with our services. Congratulations again!

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2018

Married 9/14/2018

Lana was very sweet and excellent to work with. I really appreciated the fact that she was very responsive to my emails and questions. When we sat down for the consultation, she listened patiently and knew exactly where I was going with the vision for my wedding. When the original guest number was cut down she worked with us to come up with other ways to use the extra flowers and it turned out beautifully. Lana was very professional and created a beautiful display for my wedding. I received so many compliments from my guests. The final price was over my budget but that also had to do with the type of flowers and creation I wanted. Lana is willing to work with you on price.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Fleur De Lis Florist's reply:

Danielle,
    Thank you tremendously for taking the time to leave us such a stellar review.
    It was a pleasure working with you and I am ecstatic that you were happy with our services!
    Hopefully we will see you at the shop for another happy occasion.
    Thank you!
    Lana & FDL Team

MelArt · Married on 07/21/2018

I went through a few florist before finding this place. You wouldn't think getting a bouquet would be so hard!

The shop is located in the heart of downtown. With that comes limited parking. It's technically street only. Directly across the street is a lot, however it says towing enforced. I rolled the dice and parked there with no trouble but beware. The shop itself is very small with a few displays.

I talked to Lana and sent her pictures of what I was thinking of and what my budget was. We talked over a few details but she didn't have much to show me. I would have liked to have a better idea of what my bouquet was going to look like. I made a few changes along the way and Lana was very responsive to my requests and overall made it work.

The reason for my four stars: Day of, I was expecting someone at 1pm as that's the time we agreed to. At 9am someone showed up to my hotel room. The man was extremely nice. I was a little upset it arrived so quickly because I didn't want it to look bad for the ceremony which was hours away. The delivery man and my hotel were nice enough to put it in their kitchen fridge and it looked fine. When it was time for pictures we got it from the fridge and I noticed about five or so lilies had no bloomed yet and where sticking straight up. This was extremely noticeable and really looked odd. We tried a few things to try to open up the flower but nothing really helped. I ended up just cutting them off completely and it looked much better.

I would overall recommend this place for any Baltimore bride

Sent on 08/27/2018

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2017

I worked with Lana from start to finish for my wedding and she was so great. Our first meeting was over 2 hours and we went through everything - she even created a bouquet for me right then and there to make sure it was what I was aiming for. The flowers were so beautiful and really helped set the tone for the wedding. She is really easy to work with and let me change things right up to the last few weeks based on adjustments for guest count, etc. Really loved working with Lana and the end result was beautiful!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

Lana and her team at Fleur de Lis were totally professional and flexible. I had to change my floral arrangements three times about 2 weeks out from the wedding. She was very accommodating. She made beautiful arrangements for us and was able to execute my vision for mixed arrangements for long and round tables. Our flowers were seasonal and our guests were totally wowed.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Calli · Married on 05/14/2016

Lana was great to work with. She's professional, flexible, and very knowledgeable. Her prices are reasonable as well. I would recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Very beautiful corsages. They were the perfect size and color - exactly what we asked for!

Sent on 04/20/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2013

Christine is a gem. She has a keen eye for asthetics and makes some beautiful flower arrangements. She was certainly very easy to work with and accommodated my schedule and time table.
    To give you an idea of how talented she is:
    I had 2 difficult tasks for the florist of my wedding. 1) I wanted candelabra centerpieces with wrapped ivy and roses along the bases of the candelabras crawling up to the candle stems: NAILED IT. Cant tell you how many people loved the unique/never-before-seen table toppers. Even Christine herself said she really enjoyed working on them and it was a first for her.
    2) My grandmother is from the austrian-italian alps and I really wanted her to have a flower pin made with eidleweiss flowers. I had tracked down some dried flowers and gave them to Christine and she made the most lovely floral pin-- my grandmother cried! I mention this because this flower is so hard to get, it is not a "usual" for florists and she used it with mastery!

Lastly, a few days before my wedding I had a wave of unexpected late "YES" responses. I had realized I was adding an unanticipated 2 more tables and did not have enough centerpieces. I went to Christine and said "please figure something out for me" and her response was "dont worry, I will make something beautiful", and boy did she deliver. I never worried about anything while Christine was my vendor. And to relenquish that much control really shows you how much I trusted her!

Of course I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Meredith · Married on 11/06/2009

Fleur de Lis provided flowers for our wedding and I was very happy with their customer service and the final product. They were super fast to respond to emails and requests, and had no problem revising my contract details over and over, each time that I changed my mind. The flowers were beautiful, I loved my bouquet, and we noticed 2 extra vases of roses at our reception that we hadn't ordered- I can only assume that they threw in the leftover flowers for us, which was awesome of them!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Alison · Married on 04/18/2009

Fleur de Lis put together my bouquet and bridesmaids' bouquets. The best part of the process was walking into the shop, sitting down, and having the store owner throw together sample bouquets based on my very wishy-washy guidelines. I gave her colors (off white for me, red, yellow and orange for bridesmaids) and she suggested flowers that would be in season in those colors during that time. They also listened well to my request to have a round bouquet that was looser than the solid ball / pom-pom style that is all the rage these days. It took some back and forth, but they were also willing to negotiate on price -- we reduced the size of the bouquets and removed a more expensive flower from the bridesmaids' bouquets. Also important-- the flowers were delivered ON TIME and they didn't wilt.

Sent on 12/05/2009

Stephanie · Married on 03/01/2013

Awesome florist, we were extremely happy with our bouquets, corsages, etc. We were also given a complimentary cake topper that was beautiful. When we originally met for a quote, Christine was our florist and she made us a bouquet in seconds to demonstrate her artistic talent. We were really impressed, and I could tell that she was really trying to get on the same level as us and what we were looking for. The whole entire staff there is nice and fun, and very organized. I felt like I was in great hands. They delivered on time, and efficiently. Awesome florist!

Sent on 03/25/2013
  • BmoreBride

Laura · Married on 03/09/2013

3.0

I decided to check out fleur de lis after seeing their flowers form another wedding at my church. The owner was really great and personable and she work with me to find flowers within my budget. The flowers looked great the day of the wedding and I received many compliments. My only complaints were the church arrangements had too much greenery for my tastes(my contract stated no greenery in my bouquet but it wasn’t stated for the church arrangements) and my centerpieces where supposed to be tinted purple and lilac and were just the basic blue which did not match my color scheme.

All in all I would recommend them just make sure you double check your contract to make sure if there are things you don’t like it is stated for each arrangement and make sure whoever is picking up your flowers knows what color they should be.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Milena and Mike · Married on 09/05/2010

We worked with Christine and I have to agree with others that she was very responsive along every stage of our planning process. The bouquets turned out very lively and full of color. My favorite arrangements were the small vases of flowers we used as part of our centerpieces. They were each unique and each incredibly beautiful. We were lucky enough to stop by the shop right when they were putting together the bouquets and Christine was very professional and followed our comments and preferences to make sure the bouquets looked exactly as we wanted. We opted to pick up the flowers ourselves but unfortunately Christine was not there (although we were notified of this in advance). I loved everything we received from Flour de Lis and would recommend them.

Sent on 09/15/2010