Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care Reviews

View more information

• Leesa
    Leesa M. Married on 09/13/2020

Perfection

They did an amazing job with my dress. Tailored it perfectly to my body. Very flexible and reasonable pricing. Very professional.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care's reply:

Thank you Leesa, you were a fabulous bride to work with! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. Congratulations!!!
  • Catherine
    Catherine P. Married on 07/20/2019

Very Personal and Responsive

I called this vendor with only 4 weeks to go until my wedding date. Marissa and Veronica immediately set my appointment and made sure my gown was ready 3 days before my wedding. I felt as if I was their only customer; they treated me with such personal guidance and never seemed rushed. The seamstress is absolutely amazing!!! I will be sending her a special gift. Thank you!
  • Darla
    Darla Married on 07/13/2019

Awesome service

I'm a bride from Houston that had my wedding in Comfort and I needed my dress pressed. So I googled this place and they did an AMAZING job! My dress looked PERFECT! I will also be bringing my dress here to have it cleaned and preserved.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Erin M. Married on 05/10/2019

Emergency Deodorizing/Cleaning of Weddings Dresses

My daughter and her fiance's bridal gowns were altered (beautifully) in a shop where an animal died in the ceiling or a wall. The smell permeated both dresses such that they were unwearable. I brought them to Five Star on the recommendations of two other dry cleaners in town -with the wedding less than two weeks away. They washed, deodorized and pressed both dresses, in time for us to have a smell test and do it all again if necessary before the wedding. The first time did the trick! We were in a state of high anxiety - and they reassured us, showed us their processes and did an excellent job! Life savers!
    Andrea Married on 04/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thought I waited to long to get my wedding gown cleaned

I finally got around to looking at my gown this year and was shocked, It's been a few years since my wedding in 2019 and my gown had stains and discolored all over. I thought it was beyond help, to say I was upset was an understatement, My partner talked me in to calling around and finally the girls at Five Star gave me hope. Long story short my gown was cleaned and restored, it came out so good I could cry! Thank you to the staff at Five Star Wedding Gown for the excellent work.
    Danielle Married on 01/12/2019

BEST Bridal Alterations!!

The BEST for Bridal alterations! I live in Austin & found them online after researching alterations in both Austin and San Antonio. I had gone to several other top reviewed alteration places before coming here. I knew after the 1st consultation with Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists that they could get my dresses to look EXACTLY like I wanted and that the drive would be worth it.

I had 2 bridal dresses done with them and they both were completed perfectly! I wanted to use my mother’s dress for walking down the aisle of the church and my 1st dance and I had found a 2nd dress for a good bargain that I wanted to use for the reception party time. My mom’s dress was complex because it didn’t fit me (my mom was a size 4-6 and I’m a size 10), it was a bit discolored since it was about 35 years old, and I wanted a different neckline (the original neckline when all the way up like a turtleneck).

First, they restored my mom’s dress back to its original bright off-white color by using all organic ingredients. Then, they took the material from the original sleeves to make the back of the dress bigger so that it would zip. Finally, for the fun part! We reconstructed the neckline and sleeves with new tulle and her original applique peices to create the most beautiful and perfect wedding dress ever! They added a bustle and even added more tulle to my petticoat to make my dress even more full - just like a princess. I LOVE it!

They were even able to customize my veil by sewing my cathedral veil with my mom’s blusher. This came out perfect.

For the 2nd dress, they altered the cap sleeves to tank sleeves (about 2” wide) so that I would be able to fully move my arms around comfortably on the dance floor. They sewed a beautiful hemline that was perfect for dancing and I feel like a movie star when I have this dress on!

It’s amazing! The women that work here truly work magic!! The drive from Austin was completely worth it and they can schedule fittings far in advanced so you can plan your trips. They also try their best to minimize the number of fittings so that when you come in it’s focused and the time is productive. I am so blessed to have found them and will recommend them to all of my friends.
    Mo Married on 09/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Speacilsts we're highly recommended by my bridal shop for alterations. My gown is lace so I was so scared to hem it. These ladies explained the entire process and let me tell you they do not cut corners! Nearly 5 " Off! And you would never even know. Thank you so much for everything.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you so much for your kind review, it means so much to us all. We know how much you love your gown, you can take advantage of our in store discount towards your cleaning and preservation, just for returning to us. Hope to see you soon, we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
    - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialist
    Stephanie Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great service, my dress was cleaned and pressed and ready ahead of time. There was a small hole in the netting on the back of my dress that we found we I took it in and was fixed so we'll you couldn't tell anything ever happened to the dress.
    Kelsey Married on 02/24/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown did an amazing job getting my wedding gown back to its original beauty after my bridal portraits. I was super happy with my service and the way everything turned out. They even repaired some of the beading too! Top notch place!
    Vanessa Married on 02/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Top notch place for gown alterations and cleaning! My gown came out beautifully and I was thrilled with it when I went to pick it up. Highly recommend.
    Katelyn Married on 02/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered a bit before my wedding. I was super happy with the way I was taken care of and was very impressed with the quality of work they do there. I also ended up taking my dress back there after my bridal portraits were taken to have it cleaned and pressed. I will definitely be going back to have my gown preserved too!
    Katy Married on 01/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown was able to take care of my gown in a pinch for my big day and I was super thrilled with how everything turned out. Five Star all the way!
    Vanessa Married on 01/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists helped to turn my second-hand gown into the most dazzling gown I could ever imagine. They essentially made a new gown from the gown that I found for a great deal. They were able to turn it from a long-sleeved dress to a short-sleeved dress, transformed the bustle to be more accommodating and made a much shorter train. It was absolutely amazing when it was completed and I was one happy bride as a result. Thank you, ladies!
    Jennifer Married on 01/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The best thing I ever did for my wedding gown was take it to the ladies at Five Star Wedding Gown. From consultation to picking up the finished product, it was a very pleasant experience. They were very responsive to my requests and very attentive to my needs. The money I spent was well worth every penny to have my gown absolutely perfect for my wedding day. I am super appreciative of all of their hard work!
    Stacy Married on 01/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved everything about my experience at Five Star Wedding Gown. They were easy to work with and kept me informed every step of the way. I was amazed with all of the work they have done for my gown and would highly recommend going to them with your gown for anything that it might need.
    Tricia Married on 12/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown did an amazing job on the alterations needed for my wedding gown to fit like a glove. It was handled with care and I loved how it turned out. I am super pleased with their services and my overall customer experience.
    Brittany Married on 12/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was super impressed with my experience at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists and wanted to share. The ladies who work there are super knowledgeable and easy to work with. They communicated with me every step of the way of the gown preservation process. I was even able to see it to be sure I liked it before they boxed it all up! I love knowing that my gown will be preserved forever and the process (for me anyway) was totally painless.
    Amanda Married on 11/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I went to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered for my wedding. I regularly go to the Five Star Cleaners on Huebner Rd., so I was already very familiar with the work they do. I had been super pleased with all of the alterations I have had done over the years, so I thought I trusted them with my wedding dress. I was not disappointed! My dress was absolutely perfect when it was completed and was done with plenty of time to spare. I will definitely be going back there to have my dress preserved. Thank you, ladies!
    Megan Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists did a great job getting my dress cleaned and pressed for my wedding day! They even repaired one of the buttons that was about to fall up. I highly recommend them for anything your gown may need!
    Michelle Married on 10/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists did a great job altering my wedding dress. I just can't say enough great things about this place! They are reasonably priced and perform quality work. My bustle was beautiful and everything was done in a timely manner!
    Norma Married on 08/25/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Back in 2000, I have Ms Julie Nagy make my wedding dress, and it was breath taking,I cried, cause she did exactly what I wanted on the dress, I was satisfying to have someone like her, she was very good at what she does, and also she did a few blouses and other dress for me, I was very Happy with her work, now we are in 2017, and we are the best of friends and better yet I see her as my sister, love her work and love her too, I would gladly recommend her to everyone, thank you so much Julie, N Robinson from Ft Lauderdale Florida.
    Hannah Married on 08/12/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am so very impressed with the work that I had done at Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists. I called them a few months away from my wedding day and needed some last-minute alterations. I almost just let the dress be as it was, a little loosey-goosey, but I figured I would at least try to see if they could help me out. Marissa and Veronica were wonderful to work with and the seamstress had my dress perfectly fixed up in no time! I am so happy I decided to call and I was just thrilled they made my gown actually fit me for my big day.
  • I
    Iris Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I decided to go to Five Star Wedding Gown to have my dress altered as well as clean and pressed. The price was reasonable and they had it all ready to go in a short amount of time. I was treated with the utmost respect and trusted them with my gown. I was super pleased with all of their services and I would recommend them to anyone!
    Amy Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I used Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists to have my wedding gown altered for my wedding day. The train was too long. I ended wanting to shorten the sleeves. It also was a tad too big. They were able to do all of those things BEAUTIFULLY! The dress was just perfect and I could not be any happier. Thank you, ladies!
    Brittany Married on 07/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They made an alteration to my dress within a short deadline and it came out perfect!
illustration stars