Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2024 Winner

• Cecilia
    Cecilia A. Sent on 12/29/2023

The best experience ever

Very professional and on time
    Every one was very nice and helpful
    Nancy Sent on 02/16/2024

Great expirance

Fantastic service, I was worry about my gown getting wrinkle since I had to fly with it. They took care of it and it such a good experience. Great staff.
  • Afrika
    Afrika S. Sent on 12/29/2023

Perfect Experience!

Please use this service. My vintage wedding dress looks brand new! They made me feel extra special on my wedding day! 100% recommend
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Tracy Sent on 11/30/2023

Wedding dress alterations

Thank you so much for taking care of us! The alterations were done perfectly.
    Catherine N. Sent on 10/21/2023

Amazing service

From start to finish everything was easy.
    The alterations went quickly.
    Scheduling was as easy as calling.
    Mary S. Sent on 10/30/2023

Flexible, accommodating, and patient

So helpful if we had to come a little earlier or later they accommodate us. Also very patient with me in assisting with instructions on how to pull the bustle up. Kind and patient appreciate very much.
    Miranda C. Sent on 10/07/2023

Excellent beyond words

I had a wonderful experience from start to finish! I knew nothing about weddings or dresses at the beginning of this journey. The staff helped me every step of the way and truly want what makes the bride happy. They’re professional, very informative with questions, and kind with their words. I trusted them and the results were beyond words, my dress came out gorgeous! I can’t thank them enough for helping me with such an important process of having a wedding!
    Anner H. Sent on 10/09/2023

Dress pressing

Very kind and prompt with seevices
  • Deanne
    Deanne M. Sent on 10/04/2023

Very happy customer

I want to thank Marissa and her wonderful co-workers for helping me through this time to get our restoration done. Restoring my mom and dad's wedding ring pillow from a piece of my mother's wedding dress and working around the original flowers came out looking fantastic. Helped restore her vail to look as bright and beautiful as my mother wore on her wedding day. My daughter will be able to wear a part of her belated grandmother at her wedding this coming weekend. Also did a great job helping me fit comfortably in my dress as well modifying where it was needed. I am so fortunate to have come across Five Star wedding gown specialty they are to be trusted and worth every penny. Thank you all so much!💖
    Brittney C. Sent on 10/04/2023

Best of the best

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists provide excellent and personalable service. I have been using them for almost 20 years, always pleased with their work. They have altered, cleaned, perserved and fixed everything from my wedding dress to ballroom gowns. Thank you Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists for taking good care of me. You are true to your name.
  • Suzy
    Suzy C. Sent on 12/29/2023

Pressing In A Pinch

I do not live in the San Antonio area so needed to have my dress pressed. Their delivery service was incredibly helpful! Marissa and her team were amazing to work with. Highly recommend!
  • Heather
    Heather G. Sent on 06/29/2023

The best of the best!

Talk about phenomenal customer service. From the moment I talked to Marissa on the phone, she solved all my problems and worries. Five Star Wedding Gown Specialist not only fixed our dresses but made the entire wedding. They took the time to make the gown even more beautiful than what we could have ever expected. They also completed our alterations that we needed for our bridal party dresses, pressed them for us as well. They treated us like family and I will always recommend them to any bride!!! Way to go girls! This is the spot!
    Laurel Sent on 11/09/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rest assured, they’re the best.

I cannot overstate what fantastic work they do here. I put my dress through the wringer on our wedding day, dragging it around outside through the dirt and oak pollen, spilling drinks on it, and the sweat…it is Texas after all. I brought them my dress with it being solid dark gray on the bottom and oak pollen embedded in multiple layers of tulle. I got my dress back today and it’s spotless. I have no idea how they do it, but I’m so glad I took it to them. They were upfront about cleaning costs and I felt like the value couldn’t be beat for the work that was done. I highly recommend them!
    Brenda E. Sent on 11/01/2023

Wedding dress preservation

Wonderful experience and so helpful!
  • Leesa
    Leesa M. Sent on 09/15/2020

Perfection

They did an amazing job with my dress. Tailored it perfectly to my body. Very flexible and reasonable pricing. Very professional.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care's reply:

Thank you Leesa, you were a fabulous bride to work with! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. Congratulations!!!
  • O
    Olivia D. Sent on 11/11/2023

Always Amazing!!!!!

We have been working with Marissa and Veronica for years and they always have the most amazing service! Please go see them for cleanings and gown preservation! We have always had a wonderful experience when we stop by!
  • Catherine
    Catherine P. Sent on 07/22/2019

Very Personal and Responsive

I called this vendor with only 4 weeks to go until my wedding date. Marissa and Veronica immediately set my appointment and made sure my gown was ready 3 days before my wedding. I felt as if I was their only customer; they treated me with such personal guidance and never seemed rushed. The seamstress is absolutely amazing!!! I will be sending her a special gift. Thank you!
  • Darla
    Darla Sent on 07/23/2019

Awesome service

I'm a bride from Houston that had my wedding in Comfort and I needed my dress pressed. So I googled this place and they did an AMAZING job! My dress looked PERFECT! I will also be bringing my dress here to have it cleaned and preserved.
    Erin M. Sent on 10/24/2019

Emergency Deodorizing/Cleaning of Weddings Dresses

My daughter and her fiance's bridal gowns were altered (beautifully) in a shop where an animal died in the ceiling or a wall. The smell permeated both dresses such that they were unwearable. I brought them to Five Star on the recommendations of two other dry cleaners in town -with the wedding less than two weeks away. They washed, deodorized and pressed both dresses, in time for us to have a smell test and do it all again if necessary before the wedding. The first time did the trick! We were in a state of high anxiety - and they reassured us, showed us their processes and did an excellent job! Life savers!
    Andrea Sent on 09/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thought I waited to long to get my wedding gown cleaned

I finally got around to looking at my gown this year and was shocked, It's been a few years since my wedding in 2019 and my gown had stains and discolored all over. I thought it was beyond help, to say I was upset was an understatement, My partner talked me in to calling around and finally the girls at Five Star gave me hope. Long story short my gown was cleaned and restored, it came out so good I could cry! Thank you to the staff at Five Star Wedding Gown for the excellent work.
    Danielle Sent on 12/29/2018

BEST Bridal Alterations!!

The BEST for Bridal alterations! I live in Austin & found them online after researching alterations in both Austin and San Antonio. I had gone to several other top reviewed alteration places before coming here. I knew after the 1st consultation with Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists that they could get my dresses to look EXACTLY like I wanted and that the drive would be worth it.

I had 2 bridal dresses done with them and they both were completed perfectly! I wanted to use my mother’s dress for walking down the aisle of the church and my 1st dance and I had found a 2nd dress for a good bargain that I wanted to use for the reception party time. My mom’s dress was complex because it didn’t fit me (my mom was a size 4-6 and I’m a size 10), it was a bit discolored since it was about 35 years old, and I wanted a different neckline (the original neckline when all the way up like a turtleneck).

First, they restored my mom’s dress back to its original bright off-white color by using all organic ingredients. Then, they took the material from the original sleeves to make the back of the dress bigger so that it would zip. Finally, for the fun part! We reconstructed the neckline and sleeves with new tulle and her original applique peices to create the most beautiful and perfect wedding dress ever! They added a bustle and even added more tulle to my petticoat to make my dress even more full - just like a princess. I LOVE it!

They were even able to customize my veil by sewing my cathedral veil with my mom’s blusher. This came out perfect.

For the 2nd dress, they altered the cap sleeves to tank sleeves (about 2” wide) so that I would be able to fully move my arms around comfortably on the dance floor. They sewed a beautiful hemline that was perfect for dancing and I feel like a movie star when I have this dress on!

It’s amazing! The women that work here truly work magic!! The drive from Austin was completely worth it and they can schedule fittings far in advanced so you can plan your trips. They also try their best to minimize the number of fittings so that when you come in it’s focused and the time is productive. I am so blessed to have found them and will recommend them to all of my friends.
    Mo Sent on 10/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Speacilsts we're highly recommended by my bridal shop for alterations. My gown is lace so I was so scared to hem it. These ladies explained the entire process and let me tell you they do not cut corners! Nearly 5 " Off! And you would never even know. Thank you so much for everything.

Five Star Wedding Gown Specialists - gown care's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you so much for your kind review, it means so much to us all. We know how much you love your gown, you can take advantage of our in store discount towards your cleaning and preservation, just for returning to us. Hope to see you soon, we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
    - Five Star Wedding Gown Specialist
    Stephanie Sent on 05/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great service, my dress was cleaned and pressed and ready ahead of time. There was a small hole in the netting on the back of my dress that we found we I took it in and was fixed so we'll you couldn't tell anything ever happened to the dress.
    Kelsey Sent on 03/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Five Star Wedding Gown did an amazing job getting my wedding gown back to its original beauty after my bridal portraits. I was super happy with my service and the way everything turned out. They even repaired some of the beading too! Top notch place!
    Vanessa Sent on 02/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Top notch place for gown alterations and cleaning! My gown came out beautifully and I was thrilled with it when I went to pick it up. Highly recommend.
illustration stars