Five Crowns Restaurant Reviews

Five Crowns Restaurant 5
Five Crowns Restaurant 6
Five Crowns Restaurant 7

Heuerman · Married on 06/23/2012

If you are looking for a location that is elegant and classy, you cannot go wrong with Five Crowns. From the start, their customer service is impeccable. I cannot stress how much we were completely taken care of for our wedding. Five Crowns went above and beyond in their hospitality not only for our families but for every guest in attendance. From the moment we step foot on the premises we were treated amazingly.
    At the start of the wedding planning process, my husband and I wanted a location that provided excellent food and drink options. I had been given a recommendation to check into Five Crowns. From our first contact with Alison Robbins, their Sales and Marketing Manager, we knew this would be our venue. The location provides a beautiful outdoor setting for your ceremony as well as the indoor atmosphere of your reception. Each table was elegant set complete with full table settings. Their menu is exceptionally versatile and can be modified to fit any dietary limitations. We had both vegetarians and vegans at our wedding and each group raved with how great the food was. You cannot go wrong with the prime rib that Lawry’s is known for. We were also given ample wine selections of various prices to complement our dinner selections. The wine and champagne specifically were perfect complements. Aloys personally helped us pair amazing wine in our price range with each dish were had chosen. Again, the service during every part of our wedding was very pleasant. We were blown away with how attentive the staff was not only to our needs as the bridal party but for each and every guest. Our attendees were never without drinks of their choice and were always taken care of. All of our guests continue to rave and how fun our wedding was and how the food was excellent. If I had a choice to do my wedding over, I would not hesitate to book Five Crowns again. You cannot go wrong with their level of sophistication and service.

Sent on 12/02/2012

leslie · Married on 05/18/2012

Oh my gosh, we got married at Five Crowns and it was AMAZING. The garden area for the ceremony was beautiful and easily accomodated our 85 guests. We had a DJ and the space they had for him was awesome. The patio garden rooms were gorgeous dining areas. Oh, and the food! We got rave reviews on the food! Our friends and family all commented on what a spectacular day they had. Our guests commented on what "a great vibe" the wedding had. More than one person told us that our wedding was the "best wedding they had ever been to". I would highly recommend this venue

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 11/05/2011

I know it's easy to come on here and just check 5 stars for all categories just to get the survey done but this is truly a situation where all 5 categories deserve at 5 Star rating. We highly recommend Margo and Five Crowns for a wedding. Our guests are still talking about our wedding. It was the most amazing time. Margo is the best ever. The class of Five Crowns is amazing. We look forward to frequently eating at five crowns because it will forever remind us of the day we became one. In addition to the food is super good. We have some amazing pictures from the wedding.

Jenna and Jerry Rodriguez

Sent on 12/19/2011

Lindsay · Married on 09/03/2011

it was wonderful! the food was fantastic and the staff went above and beyond.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Ann · Married on 08/21/2011

We planned our wedding at Five Crowns with Margo Barsk, the wonderful, highly patient and responsive manager, from Philadelphia. Margo was generous with her time and worked with us via email and telephone to plan a beautiful, intimate wedding ceremony and reception. Everything was perfect, the venue beautiful, the food delicious, and the service superb!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Paula · Married on 07/04/2011

Margo was phenomenal -- we booked our July wedding last September, and I probably set the record for emailing Margo with the most number of questions that a MOB could possibly ask, spanning over the course of almost 10 months. Each and EVERY time, Margo responded immediately and professionally. My daughter heard about the Five Crowns' wedding site from several customers at her work. We immediately fell in love with the venue and the friendliness of the staff. The wedding garden and greenhouse dining areas are wonderful "as is"', but now with the remodel and the centerpieces we added, I was captivated by the elegant and intimate ambiance that struck me on my daughter's wedding day. We received so many compliments! Margo was so helpful and attentive, making sure our needs were met and taking care of everything behind the scenes so I could relax and enjoy myself. She even catered to my husband's request for a slice of rare prime rib and sent him home with an extra thick slice! I could go on and on -- my daughter and her husband thoroughly basked in their moment, and the setting truly set the tone. I am a "value conscious" consumer, and the Five Crowns wedding package exceeded my expectations (and based on reading prior reviews, I had high expectations). Thank you Margo, for helping make our wedding such a success!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Karen · Married on 06/25/2011

Our wedding at Five Crowns was absolutely perfect! Everything came off flawlessly! Margo was amazing and took care of the smallest detail! The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and the setting divine! The vendors Margo suggested, Younglove Photography and French Buckets Florist, were also fantastic! I cannot say enough good things about having your wedding at Five Crowns... particularly with Margo in charge! It was truly the most beautiful day of our lives. Thank you Margo and Five Crowns!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Jeff · Married on 06/15/2011

We love this restaurant when we have dinner here. For our reception it was even better. Margo was very helpful and the staff were attentive and provided great service. The remodeled patio was a great location and every one of our guests said they had a wonderful time and the food was great.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Nicole · Married on 03/26/2011

We hosted my mother's wedding at Five Crowns in Corona del Mar and it was perfect. The venue is quaint and beautiful. It was just the right size for our group of about 45 guests. Alison Robbins was a pleasure to work with during the planning process and made sure that all of our expectations were met. The staff did a fabulous job. Shelly and her team were very accommodating. My family who flew in from Maryland got stuck on the freeway and were not going to make it in time for the ceremony. We didn't want to delay the wedding because it would have jeopardized our timeline. About 30 minutes before we were to start the ceremony I asked Shelly if we could split the cocktail hour (30 min before the ceremony and then resume cocktails 30 minutes after). This allowed us to delay the ceremony just enough to allow my family to get there, but still kept dinner on track. She was more than willing to do whatever it took to make everything come together. The food was excellent and the ambiance was lovely. Our guests had a great time and we are thankful to the staff for being on point. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Kathie · Married on 11/20/2010

For years and years I had said that if I ever married the wedding would be at Five Crowns. My day finally came and it was everything I could have ever hoped for. I have received so many compliments from my guests. The weather was less than perfect but Margo worked through that with us and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 11/24/2010

Ken · Married on 10/23/2010

We were EXTREMELY pleased with Margo and the Five Crowns. The service/food were the best.
    Margo was invaluable and it gave us such confidence to know that she was there. We never worried about anything as we knew Margo "was there". She managed everything with such skill and was always there when we needed something and she has the inate ability to forsee potential problems and she handled everything with such aplomb and tack. She is the absolutely best

Sent on 10/25/2010

Kim · Married on 09/18/2010

The food was delicious and artfully displayed. The service was impecable. The staff was friendly and engaging. The day couldn't have been more beautiful or perfect! It all went off without a hitch. I couldn't be more pleased with how the day unfolded.
    Many thanks to Margo and the rest of the staff at Five Crowns Restaurant for making it a perfect day!

Sent on 09/25/2010

Pam · Married on 09/11/2010

Five Crowns is the perfect place for a daytime wedding. It's a beautiful outdoor setting for you ceremony and close to the beach for pictures after the reception. Five Crowns is known for their wonderful food. You and your guests will not be disappointed at the wonderful meal. Margo Brask is there by your side to help you with every detail. Two of our daughters have been married at the Five Crowns and we feel it's the best kept secret in Orange County.

Sent on 09/13/2010

John · Married on 08/30/2010

Everything was perfect. Margo Brask was so professional and easy to work with. She kept everything organized and on track. The ambiance was beautiful, the food delicious, the environment personal and intimate. Our guests all had the same feedback.
    Thank you Margo for making our day so special!!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Sheri · Married on 08/20/2010

Our daughter had her reception at the Five Crowns and everything was just perfect!! Margo was wonderful. I would recommend the Five Crowns to anyone who is thinking of having a reception there.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Muriel · Married on 08/08/2010

Wonderful atmosphere. Very helpful and knowledgeable event coordinator.

Sent on 08/15/2010

Paul · Married on 07/18/2010

The venue I was looking for to host my son and his brides wedding was one that would be intimate for family and friends to celebrate their special occasion. The Five Crowns provided this environment and great personal service. Margo, the catering manager was an amazing hostess and clearly understands the expectations and managed the complete venue effortlessly with a great deal of professionalism, ensuring a complete thorough event with no detail missed. The setting it self, on a private patio was beautiful enhancing our overall experience. Additonally, the vendor's I choose to work with (offered by Margo) including the French Buckets for floral design and arrangements, Harpist, Ellie Choate and the Rev. Russell Williams were individually superb, each extending themselves to create a first class event. I can highly recommend the service of Margo Brask and the Five Crowns.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Dennis · Married on 07/17/2010

Hard to think of anything that could have been done better. I (along with all the guests) was totally impressed.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Collen · Married on 07/07/2010

Margo, the event manager for the 5 Crowns made the entire wedding effortless from start to finish. She was very informative and helpful during the planning and wedding. She providing useful recommendations for all aspects of the event. One of the most helpful accommodations was the ability to drop off dresses, accessories, guest favors and the toasting goblets the day before. What a relief to have these items setup and ready for us on the wedding day. She even made arrangements for the makeup artiest to have space at the restraint. Margo also coordinated with the bakery, florist and DJ. The professional assistance from her entire staff was wonderful. They ensured the guests were catered to without being made aware of any background efforts.

The garden was the perfect setting for an intimate wedding. It is truly picture perfect.

The food was excellent as always and presented in a stunning fashion. One of the highlights was the salmon display. The price per person was more then reasonable for the quality of food and service provided.

All in all the 5 Crowns staff ensured a worry free wedding for the Bride & Groom, their families and guests to enjoy.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Daniel · Married on 06/26/2010

We could not be happier with our experience!!!! It was Margot that made the whole thing work. Her experience and advice allowed us to be secure that this event would go well. We thank Five Crowns and we thank Margot more for an event that everyone who attended enjoyed and made it a point to tell us that they were positively impressed.

Dan & Carolyn Williams

Sent on 07/17/2010

Rebecca · Married on 06/05/2010

Margo and the staff were amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant for events. We are so pleased to have celebrated our special day at Five Crowns. We are trying to figure what other event we can have there! The food presentation was amazing and the delicious. The servers were courteous and professional and Margo was right there making sure everything was going smoothly. I cannot thank Five Crows enough for helping us host such a wonderful and memorable party!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2010

My husband and I were married on May 27, 2010. This was a destination for us and so all our planning was done over the the phone and by email from Canada. We wer SO lucky to have worker with Margo. She made the planning extremely easy. She was also able to recommend to us some other wonderful vendors such as the cake maker, florist.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience at Five Crowns!! This venue was just fantastic. We hoad the ceremony and reception at the restaurant. The set up for the ceremony was in the back garden was just beatutiful. The reception was on the patio over looking the garden. Once again, Margo and her staff decorated the tables and patio with the decorations, linens, chair cover, wedding favors that we had brought to her the day before. The room was decorated exactly how we had hoped and was beautiful. The staff had done a wonderful job with very little direction.

The meal, food and service was beyond words. The appetizers and food was wonderful. The staff was top notch and provided incredible service.

I would highly recommend this venue to any couple planning a wedding. The venue is beautiful and the staff incredible. Our guests our still taliking about what a beautiful day and wonderful reception we had!

Hudson Ma & Michelle Peterson

Sent on 08/09/2010

Jason · Married on 05/15/2010

Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! We loved having our wedding at Five Crowns! It is such a special place and having the entire restaurant to ourselves was a huge plus. Margo and the staff made the entire wedding planning process go very smoothly. Margo was always available by email or a quick visit. We were very pleased with the Five Crowns vendor suggestions and Margo helped us work within our budget. On the day of the wedding ceremony and reception, the flowers and plants existing at the restaurant looked amazing. Few flowers of our own were needed which saved us a lot of money. The wedding was executed by Margo flawlessly. Every detail was taken care of from the set up all the vendors, to a place for the bride to get ready. Margo personally walked us through the buffet line to make sure we ate. She was able to run the reception timeline exactly as we had planned it out. We can’t say enough good things about the Five Crowns as a wedding/reception venue. We researched all of them in the area and were very pleased at what Five Crowns offered. It was a tremendous value. We highly recommend the Five Crowns for a Wedding Ceremony and Reception!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Pamela · Married on 02/13/2010

Margo is a great resource for helping to think of everything that needs to be prepared before the event. She helped make everything work so smoothly. Our daughter and her guests were so pleased with the day.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Leise · Married on 10/09/2009

Margo Brask and Five Crowns made our wedding experiance exceptional. Everything was taken care of and we didn't have to think of anything. The staff was attentive and the food was delicious. The presentation of the food in the buffet was so beautiful the guests raved about it and took pictures. We coudn't have asked for a more pleasurable ceremony and reception. Margo helped us with the entire day, making sure that we had our food first and we wanted for nothing. She even gave us a moist napkin for our hands after we cut the cake and fed each other. I cannot say enough of our wonderful day at Five Crowns.

Sent on 10/10/2009