Five Crowns Restaurant Reviews

Five Crowns Restaurant 6
Five Crowns Restaurant 7

Audrey · Married on 09/29/2018

Our Perfect Wedding Venue

We fell in love with Five Crowns the very first time we ate there. Once my husband and I got engaged we knew we wanted to host our wedding at Five Crowns and we are so glad we did. All our guests were blown away by the unique and romantic venue plus the food, drinks and service did not disappoint! We planned our wedding from out-of-state but Alison was so wonderful throughout the planning process so we never felt nervous or overwhelmed planning details from a far. Honestly, Five Crowns a runs a tight ship - we told them our preferences and they executed them seamlessly. The whole day really felt stress free and effortless, not many couples can say that about their wedding day - especially when there are no professional wedding planners involved! FIVE STARS!! If you want a unique wedding setting that all your guest's will remember Five Crowns is your place!

L. · Married on 09/15/2018

The five crowns is a perfect place for storybook wedding, the venue looks like it’s set back in time and you and your prince charming feel right at home! Allison and the entire team did a wonderful job to help make sure all of the details of our special day were executed to absolute perfection! We could not have done it without her help! Allison was up like an extension of my wedding party at no extra charge!
    The food was delicious and my gas are still thinking me for choosing a place that serves such incredible food. We chose a special Bride and Groom cocktail for our reception, they were delicious and it will always be our favorite things to “cheers” to every anniversary and special occasion from now on! We can’t think Allison enough for all the help!

Priscilla · Married on 07/09/2018

So happy we found this gem! Originally looking for venues I did not think something in Corona Del Mar near the beach would be in our price budget, but after contacting Alison we found out it definitely was within our budget. We got married here July 9, of this year (2018) and I am still on cloud 9 of how everything went and came along for our big day. Alison was amazing to work with and so helpful every step of the planning process, she was quick to reply to my emails and phone calls. Everyone at our wedding kept complimenting on how gorgeous our wedding was and five crowns was truly a huge part of making our wedding look so beautiful because it has such gorgeous beauty and charm! The staff was super helpful the day of wedding (I'll let my husband write a review on why the staff was extremely helpful) and the food was phenomenal, all our guest kept telling us how delicious the food was from the cheese and meats served during the appetizer hour, to the wedding dinner served. I highly recommend this venue! I provided some photos from our wedding day all taken by our amazing photographer Jonathan Yacoub Photography!!

Five Crowns Restaurant 8
    Five Crowns Restaurant 9
    Five Crowns Restaurant 10
    Five Crowns Restaurant 11
    Five Crowns Restaurant 12

Sayaka · Married on 05/06/2018

2 weeks ago I had my wedding at the beautiful Five Crowns Restaurant. The ceremony took place in the garden and the reception was in the green house. The wedding was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the service was exceptional. My guests all had a great time & were so impressed by the service! I like how our server kept chasing me and my husband down as we were running around to ensure that we had drinks and food. Seriously! They were all so nice!
    My point of contact was Alison and she was super responsive, patient, & answered all my silly bride-zilla questions along the way.
    Besides the beautiful interior, one of the reasons why I chose this venue was because if you have 50 guests or under, the guests can choose their entree the day of the wedding. So I didn't have to bother asking guests for "chicken, beef, or fish" on the wedding invitation and harass the guests if they didn't make a selection.
    One other great perk of this restaurant is that you can rent out one of the private rooms on the second floor and use it for hair and make up. We had a beautiful space to get photos before the wedding.

Five Crowns Restaurant 13
    Five Crowns Restaurant 14
    Five Crowns Restaurant 15
    Five Crowns Restaurant 16

Kate · Married on 04/21/2018

This venue is probably the BEST & most AFFORDABLE in the O.C. area! I did a ton of research and Five Crowns was the best one we found.

Alison is extremely professional, gives great tips and responds very quickly. We booked our wedding date just 4 months before the wedding, and she did it on the fly over email! (We had already met with her a few weeks prior).

The venue is adorable and has AMAZING food. All of our guests LOVED the food and how efficient the wedding was =). I loved the part outdoor/indoor ceremony & reception. We spent a total of 11k on food & beverage (after tax & tip), which is extremely reasonable, considering that we had 130 guests. Each dish was ~$60 for lunch, and it was SO DELICIOUS. & the best part is, THERE IS NO VENUE FEE! That's UNHEARD of for wedding venues, but considering the fact that it was at a restaurant, it makes sense, and it's exactly the intimate wedding we wanted! The service was incredible! We were able to reserve a small room upstairs for our bridal party to freshen up before the ceremony and such - it was right next to a restroom and had a huge mirror, which was convenient as well.

Not to mention, you can apply for VIP Rewards with Lawry's, and for every $10 you spend, you get a $1 back on dining points. So we were able to treat out our dear friends who helped us at our wedding to an extremely nice meal back at Five Crowns!

This is probably the best bang for your buck for those of you who want a nice intimate wedding! The ceremony and reception were all at the same location, and we were out by 3:30PM to enjoy the rest of our day at Corona del Mar beach! My husband and I took photos at Little Corona in between our ceremony & reception, and we were able to do it super quickly (~30 min!) It was incredible. I absolutely loved our wedding day and I'm so thankful for Five Crowns & Alison for making all the magic happen!

Five Crowns Restaurant 17
    Five Crowns Restaurant 24
    Five Crowns Restaurant 25
    Five Crowns Restaurant 26

kimberly · Married on 12/29/2017

I had my wedding (around 60 guests) here last month during the Christmas season and I was over the moon happy with the Five Crowns. We used the greenhouse and the "crystal room," which is usually the patio/garden during the months other than December. Alison, the coordinator there, was very easy to work with, and, since I didn't have a wedding planner and was planning abroad, I rather desperately needed a lot of extra help. My cousin who helped set up the day of the wedding said the wait staff and people working at the restaurant were so helpful and she was grateful for their help during setup. The wedding was such a blur, but I remember noticing how nice the staff were to the guests, and I really appreciated the venue and all the people who work there. If you are looking for an intimate, magical space to have your wedding at, I cannot recommend the Five Crowns enough. I only hired a florist and the space was so gorgeous as is that it came out beautifully!

Five Crowns Restaurant 27

Jenn · Married on 11/12/2017

This venue was amazing! We ended up having the entire place to ourselves because there wasn't anything booked for the day. The wait staff is fantastic. We went a few months before and had Greg as our server and he was so great that we requested him for the day of!

Alison was absolutely fantastic in helping us get everything squared away. She had to be super flexible with me as I live across the country and was planning it in CA! She was so responsive (which was a must for me as I didn't want to have to pull teeth to get answers...I'm not a dentist or a mob boss), and I loved working with her. She showed up day of and made sure everything was going well.

The food was absolutely superb and was served very quickly too! My husband and I were running around trying to talk to everyone, and they tracked us down to get us drinks and to take our orders. I could not have asked for a better location!

Kara · Married on 11/11/2017

Five Crowns was the perfect venue for our wedding and Alison was such a pleasure to work with. They are seasoned veterans in the event world and everything ran so smoothly. Everyone, of course, also raved about the food. We had a small morning/brunch wedding in the garden/patio, but Five Crowns treated us like we were a bigger party and gave us such special treatment. Five Crowns, along with my own day of coordinator, made sure I didn’t have to worry about a single thing the entire wedding day. Everyone always says something always goes wrong, but honestly, we couldn’t think of a single thing! Thank you Alison and Five Crowns for making our day so magical!

Jen · Married on 10/21/2017

Alison and all of the staff at Five Crowns were truely awesome. They are organized, professional, and friendly. All of our guests could not stop telling us how amazing the food was. They are very reasonably priced for the area and all that you are able to get and the venue is truely beautiful and unique. If you are looking for great food, a great experience and a beautiful venue that is not the same old ballroom I highly recommend Five Crowns.

P.S. If you sign up for their rewards before your wedding you end up with hundreds of points to use towards dining at any Lawry's location. Which is a nice little bonus.

Five Crowns Restaurant 28

Kathleen · Married on 09/09/2017

I have been going to the Five Crowns since I was a small child. They recently renovated it and the restaurant has that old English pub feel but is so stylish and young at the same time. It was very important to me to choose a venue where I could do everything in house and have the entire venue rented out for my wedding only; a place to get ready for the bridesmaids, the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception, dancing all can be done in one location - which is great for the bride, groom, family and guests. The food is amazing and cooked in house just as if you were dining at the restaurant. The event coordinator Alison is a gem...I adore her and she has great taste and made sure that everything we wanted was carried out. Each time we cam to the venue during the planning process she treated us like VIP royalty. The SERVICE was phenomenal! The room to get ready in was huge! Parking is plentiful. The way that this venue transforms with the flowers, and decorations is just beautiful. I can honestly say it was my dream wedding. If you are looking for a charming spot in the Newport area for 200 people or less...this is your place.

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

My wife and I recently had our wedding at Five Crowns and we could not be happier with how it went. The location is beautiful, intimate, and perfect for what we were looking for in a venue. The food and drinks were spectacular, far beyond the average wedding reception fare. We worked with Alison, and she was extremely accommodating and understanding, going out her way many times to make sure everything was the way we needed it. She worked hard to make us feel comfortable and happy, and we were both so pleased with how everything turned out. I would highly recommend Five Crowns for anyone looking to make their special day a little extra special!

Kelley · Married on 08/12/2017

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Five Crowns and can’t say enough about our experience from start to finish. We worked with Alison from the beginning and she was always extremely accommodating, quick to respond, and pleasant to work with. We received incredible service the day of our wedding. The staff was extremely attentive and worked hard to make sure that both we and our guests had an outstanding experience – down to saving some appetizers for us while we took pictures and all the staff remembering what scotch my husband was drinking. All of our guests raved about the food - several said it was by far the best wedding food they’d had - as well as the atmosphere and the service.

We had a rather small wedding (about 60 guests) and the greenhouse/garden were perfect. We could have easily fit many more guests and still have been comfortable, but the space didn’t feel at all empty with a smaller wedding, something that we really had difficulty finding with other venues.

Cherie · Married on 07/29/2017

We just got married here 7/29/17 and couldn't have been happier with this venue. The food and service staff were amazing. Alison is very easy to coordinate with and responsive. The ambiance and overall charm of this venue is so worth the money. We looked at at least 10 other venues and knew this was the perfect spot for both our ceremony and reception. It felt extremely intimate and is able to accommodate up to 100. The parking lot adjacent to the venue also makes it very simple for guests. I highly recommend Five Crowns for your wedding venue if you are looking for a boutique and custom feel.

Christine · Married on 04/09/2017

If you are looking for a charming, cute, and intimate space to have your wedding, I could not recommend the Five Crowns enough. I would suggest going for a visit and viewing the greenhouse and garden space if you can, in order to envision your ceremony and reception. It's so convenient having everything in one space, and the ambiance is so lovely, you don't need too many decorations! My British in-laws loved it, too! But the shining stars are the staff, who are the consummate professionals. They are experts at what they do, and whether you have a coordinator or not (but I highly recommend using one), the on-site team are 100% committed to executing the perfect event. I could write a book about how wonderful our wedding was at the Five Crowns.

Lara · Married on 03/19/2017

Our wedding was absolutely incredible and we attribute much of that to Five Crowns. The beautiful venue, superb food, and most amazing staff really made the wedding seamless and a night we will fondly remember forever. Everyone had a fantastic time and guests continue to compliment the venue. Many of our guests told us this was the best wedding they've ever been to. They loved the food, and all of the staff were very attentive. Several guests specifically commented that the bar tender made great drinks, and others raved about the wine. If you are looking for a venue that is not your typical ballroom (and absolutely beautiful!) and want your guests to be taken care, this is your place. It was perfect for us.

Erin · Married on 08/20/2016

We held our wedding at Five Crowns last week and it turned out amazing! The staff was great and the garden/patio area was romantic and beautiful. Of course the food was amazing and we signed up for the rewards card before and received a 600$ gift card after the wedding! Alison and Adam we're so great! Highly recommended

Airy · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Five Crowns in July. As most weddings are, there are so many things going on, things running late, etc, but the staff at five crowns was beyond amazing through it all. They helped make everything even better than i had pictured. There is actually a picture my photographer took of when a server brought me food (i had forgotten i was hungry) and my face is so priceless. anywho! I simply cannot put into words how friendly , helpful and amazing these people were. even my family members loved them. this place is so beyond beautiful, you will not regret booking it! i wish i could do it all over again!

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2016

When I dined at Sidedoor the very first time in summer of 2013, we were seated in the garden area. I love the atmosphere, it's cozy, intimate and the decor was beautiful! I loved it! So when we got engaged in 2014, Five Crowns was the first place I contacted. Alison was so nice and friendly, we set up a meeting and she walked me through the details on how they do events. Everything she promised, she delivered!! For lunch event, they can host up to 150 people, and dinner up to 100 people. We decided on lunch because we have over 100 guests. Alison told us basically anything you see at the venue, you can use. Food Pricing was very reasonable, since it was a lunch event, the 3-course meal price at the time we signed our contract was $47 per person, and we only need to meet the Food and Beverage minimum of $7500. Valet parking was $4 per car, Hors d'oeuvres were $6 per selection and drinks were by consumption.
    They also provide the bridal suite for me to get ready since I met the spending requirement.

Now here comes the planning process. After we signed the contract and started the planning process, Alison introduced me to Adam who was the main event manager. Adam was phenomenal! Both my husband and I loved working with him. He is very quick at responding to emails and questions. You know he has tons of experience and you are in good hand once you talked to him. Adam made the planning process extremely easy, and gave me a lot of suggestions.

The day of the wedding, the staff were amazing! Food was delicious as always and the servers were really attentive. They brought out big umbrella for our guests sitting in the backyard, food was presented beautifully. They know how to paced themselves to keep the event going. We ended the wedding right on schedule!

Overall I had a wonderful experience planning my wedding at Five Crowns! This is a perfect venue for people who have smaller wedding size, and are looking for a more intimate, cozy backyard wedding.

Sarah · Married on 04/16/2016

We had both our wedding and reception at the Five Crowns in the garden and patio. The staff at the Five Crowns was absolutely excellent! We planned our wedding long distance and were not able to look at the venue before booking. Allison took the time out her day to walk us through the venue via skype so that we could have an idea of what the space would be like. Adam was always available to answer questions and did an excellent job taking our ideas for the ceremony and reception and turning them into a workable plan for the space and communicating them to the rest of the staff. The staff the day of the wedding was attentive and helpful and the ceremony and reception could not have been more perfect. We had nothing but rave reviews from our guest about the food, location and staff and would recommend the Five Crowns to anyone.

Samantha · Married on 03/13/2016

Five Crowns allowed our wedding dreams to come true. My husband, parents, and I cannot speak highly enough about the Five Crowns team! My husband and I had a year-long engagement, and Alison and Adam were with us every step of the way to ensure that our planning needs were met, and were incredibly responsive to any questions that we had as the date got closer. We met Alison at the Corona del Mar Bridal Walk in March 2015, and knew on this first visit to Five Crowns, that it was where we were meant to get married! The space has such a beautiful, cozy, warm, and intimate vibe, and this set the tone for a fantastic afternoon and evening with our family and closest friends. Our wedding was on March 13, 2016, and our guests are still raving about how unique, beautiful, and elegant our ceremony and reception were. We have been told by numerous guests that the prime rib, chicken, and lasagna were AMAZING, and they loved the wine and beer selection that was offered as well. We were in awe of the staff that ran the wedding service, as they were in tune with our needs throughout the entire night. We also rented the Hurley room to put on the wedding dress and bridesmaid dressed before the wedding, and I am so glad that we did because it lent itself to gorgeous photographs that my photographer was able to capture. The entire night was spectacular, and the romantic, timeless ambiance could not have been more beautiful. Thank you, Five Crowns, for such a fabulous event.

Catherine · Married on 02/19/2016

Five Crowns was the perfect venue for our mid-sized wedding. We had a total of 60 people, but they are able to accommodate more. The staff were extremely helpful leading up to the wedding, as well as the day of. Alison and Adam are very skilled communicators, and had the no nonsense approach that matched how I felt about planning a wedding. The indoor-outdoor nature of the venue makes it so romantic and so easy to enjoy a beautiful southern California night! We were married in February and there were little fires going outside for our family to gather around and talk. The dance floor under the trellis was fantastic. Many of our guests arrived early and the staff was supremely accommodating by opening the bar early (they must know us). Everybody loved the food and the cocktails. I don't have a single negative thing to say about Five Crowns! It is a charming and beautiful historic building that has great lighting for pictures, filled with an amazing staff! Can't thank you all enough!

Ok one last thing, the value is amazing! I mean no venue charge...60 people, ceremony and reception, service, food, drinks and dessert for under 9k. Ok I'm done!

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

I cannot express what an absolutely delightful and magical experience we had having our wedding at The Five Crowns in Corona del Mar. From start to finish, the event went PERFECTLY and each staff member of Five Crowns was beyond professional, helpful, friendly and simply wonderful to work with. Both the Ceremony and Reception were held at the venue and the transition between the two were seamless. The food, décor, lighting, service, management and location were spot-on and we were treated like royalty by everyone involved. I truly felt like we were part of the Five Crowns Family on our special day, and could not be more delighted with the way our day ended up. Alison, Adam, Jim and Rob are all amazing to work with and have created a very special place to host an intimate and magical event. They stopped at nothing throughout the whole planning to make sure that we felt taken care of and went above and beyond for us at every corner. I would recommend a wedding at Five Crowns to ANYONE who wants their day to feel special, intimate and memorable. I am their biggest fan!!!

Allison · Married on 10/10/2015

We had an incredible experience with Five Crowns for our wedding. We worked closely with Alison and Adam to plan, coordinate, and prepare for the biggest day of our lives, and they were not only incredibly attentive and patient, but they NAILED every single detail and provided us with an experience that far exceeded our expectations. Everything went very smoothly from start to finish and our service team was freaking INCREDIBLE. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for any better. Rebecca, Maria, and Addison were beyond friendly, helpful, accommodating, and professional. Literally every one of our guests has commented on how awesome they were. I felt like extra attention was paid to me as well to be sure I had what I needed. They also made sure to go around to each person (even those walking around) to be sure they got their order and stamp their valet ticket. Our team was so great with the few kids we had there as well, and happily brought out meals early for two young girls. Of course, the food was a HUGE HIT as well. My father, who used to travel all over the country on business, even raved that this was the best prime rib he's ever had, even better than other places he's been which were famous for their prime rib. Our guests also said the salmon and the chicken were incredible. Almost everyone warned us ahead of time that they never even got to enjoy their weddings, that in some cases they didn't even get to try their own cake or eat more than two bites of their food. We can honestly say that we enjoyed every minute of our wedding, thanks to the awesome staff at Five Crowns.

We held the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at Five Crowns. I can't say enough good things about how easy everyone was to work with. I would do it again in a minute. Whenever I had questions, someone would get back to us quickly. Nothing we asked for was a problem.