Fishermen's Inn Reviews

27 | Elburn, IL

27 Reviews for Fishermen's Inn

• Bradlee

Lee Ann · Getting married on 12/11/2020

Absolutely Incredible Family Owned Venue!!!

Planning a wedding during COVID is LESS than ideal. It has been a nightmare, however I cannot give Fishermen's Inn and Patti's team a higher review. They are incredible, honest, transparent, and BEYOND accommodating as we navigate this uncharted territories together. We haven't even had our wedding yet, but they have been over the top amazing. I feel extremely lucky, considering I have heard nightmare stories about other venues, NOT Fishermen's Inn, they are TOP NOTCH! Love them!!!!! I just know, when we do get married there, it will be the best day ever. Thank you Fishermen's Inn for having the values and understanding that you do. My heart is forever grateful that you are still helping us make our day so special.

Sent on 09/12/2020

Lee Ann -
    I have tears rolling! Thank you for your kindness and understanding through this crazy time we are living in. I know what a difficult decision you and Brad have had to endure and we are thankful that you decided to share your special day with us! We are blessed! Patti

Edward Williams · Married on 05/06/2020

Truly Special People

As Father of the Bride-to-Be of a dual-military couple, I have to let the world know this is a special place with special people. On top of our original date Covid postponment, we had to navigate military orders that did not allow securing a reschedule date, so our hoped-for "special day" is on hold. This is where it's important to let people know the character and quality of the ownership team and working with Linda on this. If working with good people who will do the right thing and really look out for your best interests is important to you, Fishermen's Inn is the answer. The ratings and reviews on the specialness of the venue and details speak for themselves. It's rare to find such caring people, especially when times are tough for them and most everyone else. Truly special humans.

Sent on 09/25/2020

Fishermen's Inn's reply:

Ed, thank you so much for your kind words! Your patience and understanding through the whole process of determining what was best for your daughter and her fiancé was what made our job that much easier. I appreciate you writing this review - it definitely made our day! Wishing you all the best! Patti, Mark and Linda
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/25/2020

The most perfect wedding venue!

I can't even put into words how magical this venue is. My husband and I pulled up to this venue and new the moment we got out of our car that this was the place. It is beautiful on the inside and outside. And the staff is perfection! Patti and Kate are the friendliest people I have ever met and made our wedding day perfect. Even with the tight restrictions because of Covid, they still made our day just perfect! I wish I could relive the day. Just beautiful!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Fishermen's Inn's reply:

Jessica - Oh my goodness! Thank you for your kind words! You were both such a pleasure to work with and made our job easy! You are so bubbly and easy going! I am so happy that you decided to share your special day with us even with the restrictions! Much love, peace, good health and happiness to you always! Patti
  • Brianna

Brianna Clancy · Married on 11/16/2019

Stunning venue, Exceptional staff!

There are not enough words to express how grateful Mike and I are for Kate, Patti, Sally, and the entire Fishermen’s Inn team!!

Not only is the venue breathtaking, but the team is really what made our entire experience more than we could’ve imagined. They made us feel welcome from our first visit, made it a point to get to know us on a personal level, and by the end of it —came to feel like family. Our coordinator Kate made the entire process seamless and stress-free from start to finish — which as a bride is much appreciated!!

Our family and friends are still raving about how beautiful the venue is (no surprise here) and how delicious the food was!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Fishermen’s Inn!!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Mike & Bri -
    What amazing people you and your families are! We appreciate your kindness and are so happy that the Fishermen's Inn staff made your day memorable! I hope you will visit us again soon! You will definitely be missed! Wishing you much love, peace and happiness on your new adventure together! Patti
  • Megan

Megan Solarz · Married on 08/31/2019

The perfect venue

Words can not begin to describe how amazing Fishermen’s Inn is. The staff makes your dreams come true! ❤️

Sent on 09/09/2019

Fishermen's Inn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you having the confidence in Fishermen's Inn and we are so happy that we helped to make your dreams come true! Patti & the Fishermen's Inn staff!
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 06/08/2019

Fishermen’s inn is amazing!!

Choosing a venue is so important in so many ways and I can honestly say Fishermen’s Inn exceeded my expectations. First, the venue is gorgeous and you can really customize the space to make it your own. Even without any decor the space is beautiful. My husband and I had our wedding outside, if weather did not permit us to do so the space that they have inside for Ceremonies is so pretty. Second, the staff is phenomenal. Kara was our day of coordinator and was so helpful throughout our planning process. We met with her 3 times before our wedding and she offered the best advice and helped us make our dream become a reality. Fishermen’s Inn is super easy to work with. Kara and the rest of the staff is always available to help via phone or email. One of the coolest things about Fishermen’s Inn is they have a showcase event where multiple vendors come and showcase different rental items and looks that you can choose for your day. This is great because you can actually see how florals, lighting, signs, etc. look in the space before your actual wedding. It also gives you the opportunity to see some of the other vendors work in person before booking. Next, the food is hands down the best wedding food I’ve ever had. Our guests raved about the food we had during cocktail hour and dinner. The drinks are also delicious. David made our specialty drinks for cocktail hour. They were the most refreshing/tasty mojitos. The station he served them at was so cute too! Lastly, our wedding day could not have gone more smoothly. Kara’s timeline that she created was perfect and the staff is well aware of everything at all times. This staff makes sure that everything on your day goes perfect. My husband and I knew from the moment we saw Fishermen’s Inn that it was the venue for us and I can honestly say it exceeded our expectations during our wedding and throughout our planning. I HIGHLY recommend booking your wedding here.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Marie

Marie Stitz-West · Married on 12/15/2018

An Absolute Stunning Venue!

Fishermen's Inn has weddings down to a science! They are professional, organized, compassionate and on point when planning a wedding. We could not have asked for a better team to be working with us. All of this is on top of the absolutely beautiful venue and incredible food! They made our wedding and absolute dream come true!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Chelsea · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful venue & amazing service!

We are so happy we had our wedding at Fishermen's Inn! From the moment we walked into the venue for a tour, we knew this was the place we wanted to host our wedding! From the gorgeous inside space, to the beautiful outdoor area, to the impecable service, we were extremely pleased with Fishermen's Inn throughout the entire process. We worked with Kara who was an amazing coordinator -- she was always available to answer questions and made sure the actual wedding day ran smoothly. Our guests are still raving about the food and overall experience. We highly recommend Fishermen's Inn!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Annie · Married on 02/24/2018

Where do I even begin? From the moment I walked into my new kitchen job at Fishermen's Inn in the spring of 2014, I knew I had found my dream wedding venue. Four years later, that dream became a reality. While I may be biased, I say Fishermen's Inn is the best of the best. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day. Everything was absolutely perfect. The service is top notch, food is outstanding, bartender's choice was a huge hit, and our guests walked away claiming it was the "best wedding ever". Kate, who was our coordinator, was a joy to work with leading up to the big day. She was on top of everything and if anything went wrong the day of, we had NO IDEA. I didn't have to worry about anything. The staff handled everything professionally and graciously. From an insider's point of view, the day was flawless. More importantly, from a bride's point of view, it was everything I always dreamed of, and more. Thank you, thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I could never express just how much it meant to me to be able to have my wedding in a place that is so close to my heart. Thank you Mark, Patti, Linda, Kate, and staff, for everything you did to make our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2017

This place was absolutely wonderful. I am so happy we chose this as our venue. They did a fantastic job and the food was amazing. I had TONS of people tell me that this was the best wedding they have ever been too. Could not be happier!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Agata · Married on 10/06/2017

Best Wedding Venue any Bride could ever ask for!!

My husband & I got married at Fishermen's 10-6-17 and we could not have picked a better venue!

From the minute we stepped foot on the grounds we knew it was the place to be .... the exterior, interior, and environment are all beyond beautiful - I believe my friend put it best "your weather Plan B, is prettier than most people's Plan A" (it rained on the big day - but not even that could ruin it)

We started our planning journey about 2 years ago (we had a long engagement) ... During the entire preparation process the staff (and our amazing coordinator Kate) were organized, respectful, and accommodating. They made planning a wedding from 800 miles away a breeze. No matter the question or request the team did the needed investigation work to make sure everything was perfect and to our liking.

When the day finally came, not a single detail was missed. The Fishermen's Inn team took care of everything including all coordination with our other vendors - all this made it very easy for my husband & I to enjoy our Wedding Day for what it was & not have to worry about all the little stuff. It was the happiest day of our lives and a lot of that is thanks to Fishermen's & their staff!

Thank you for all your hard work in making our special day the best day ever!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Heather · Married on 08/11/2017

Fishermen's Inn is an absolutely, AMAZING wedding venue. Loved, loved, loved. The staff is top notch, one of the best in the industry. Highly organized. My wedding coordinator was Kara. She made the whole process such a breeze and I was actually very sad once my wedding planning was over because I loved working with her that much. We formed such a friendship and bond over the year it took to plan. The staff, the grounds, the food, the decor, the ambiance...all AMAZING. I feel very lucky and fortunate to have had every little girls dream...my picture perfect dream wedding day. I received so many compliments the day of my wedding and now even after. Everyone just had such an enjoyable time. I'd highly recommend Fishermen's Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Monica · Married on 06/03/2017

My wedding was 6-3-17...Fishermen's Inn is THE MOST spectacular place for a wedding!! The service, the FOOD, EVERYTHING, absolutely top notch! Worth every penny!!!! I would recommend this venue 100000%! The grounds are fantastic! My wedding pictures are epic! People are still talking about our wedding there! Highly, Highly recommend!! 10Stars for Fishermen's Inn, Elburn, Illinois

Sent on 06/28/2017

Ariana · Married on 05/19/2017

We are so thankful that we hosted our wedding at Fishermen's Inn. The venue is absolutely beautiful- classic, rustic, elegant and clean. The service was impeccable, down to every last detail. They were professional, supportive and skilled. The food and beverages were perfect! It was everything we could have imagined. We can't thank them enough!

Wedding planning can be overwhelming but Fishermen's Inn truly supported us in the process. Our day was perfect, largely due to their outstanding team and organized systems!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Erin · Married on 03/25/2017

We had our wedding here last night and everything was amazing! All my guest came up to me to tell me how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was! Thanks for making our day turn out perfect!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Erin,
    Thank you for your kind words! You were both a pleasure to work with and we wish you nothing but the best in your life long future together!

Michelle · Married on 11/19/2016

They say you only get one day, so make sure you do it right. Fishermen’s Inn got it right!!! I could not have been more pleased to have my wedding at Fishermen’s Inn. I wish I could do it all over again and maybe it wouldn’t go by so fast so I can actually remember parts of it. The whole team was amazing from start to finish and they offer so many more services that I cannot fill in this text box.

Sent on 12/05/2016

If you are planning to work with a professional staff and one heck of an amazing venue. Don't even think twice about booking Fishermen's Inn as your venue. My wife and I couldn't have asked for a better night than our wedding night. From booking the venue, planning the wedding day with their wedding planner, and having everything go the way things were planned, Fishermen's Inn did it all!! Every single staff member was great and the food was excellent as well. I can not say enough how great they are. The

Sent on 10/03/2016

Laurie · Married on 08/05/2016

Our daughter just got married here on August 5, 2016. We couldn't have been more pleased with the venue and staff. Having a culturally infused wedding, they worked very hard with us to accommodate our special requests of adding Puerto Rican touches to food and many extra details in décor and the timeline. While our timeline did not go as planned (due to extended toasts), the staff was extremely respectful and gracious and made the evening a most memorable and joyful event. Our guests were very complementary of the beauty of the venue, the exceptional service and cuisine. Many of our closest friends just came back with us for their Thursday night patio event of cocktails, small plates and live music. We LOVE this place, and Patti and Linda are tops when it comes to personal and professional service. Can't recommend it more highly!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Keri · Married on 04/29/2016

Our coordinator was Kate Olson and she made the whole process so easy and stress free. The venue is visually beautiful and creates an amazing atmosphere for guests to enjoy the experience with VERY minimal decor required. Everything was kept as organized and simple as possible whole maintaining the flexibility and customization needed to make our day feel like ours. They had great communication with our vendors to ensure everything was executed effortlessly and wereally so attentive on the day of. I could never say enough positive things about our experience and our guests continue to rave about the wonderful service and how it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Everyone has been exceptional at Fishermen's Inn and I can't imagine my perfect day anywhere else. The atmosphere is unlike any other venue and the staff really does go above and beyond to make everything perfect!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Bri · Married on 12/27/2014

Fishermens inn is THE best! We had a december wedding and it was absolutely perfect! They were extremely accomodating and helpful! And the food is absolutely delicious! I am so happy we went with this venue!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Allison · Married on 12/05/2014

This place was amazing! I used to eat at the restaurant when I was little, but now just had my wedding there. Patti was absolutely wonderful answering all my emails promptly and making sure that we got what we needed. She did almost everything we asked. The place is absolutely beautiful and we had the entire place to ourselves. We got to use all three rooms for the wedding. I cannot recommend this place enough! The food, the place and the staff was great!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2019

Dream Wedding Venue!

My husband and I got married at Fishermen's Inn in February 2019. I could go on and on about how great this venue is! The building and grounds are beautiful no matter what season it is!!! Our guests said it was some of the best food they have ever had. Kara was our wedding coordinator and she was on top of everything! She made our day so organized and stress free! I'm so happy with our decision to get married at Fishermen's Inn!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Michelle · Married on 03/26/2017

Wonderful and memorable experience. We had so many compliments on this vendor that I could not even count them. Overall, it was a very solid experience and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/29/2018

An absolutely beautiful venue! Everyone there has the biggest heart and makes you feel like family!

Sent on 07/20/2014