First Dance DJ's Reviews

121 | Denton, TX

121 Reviews for First Dance DJ's

Lisa · Married on 04/25/2015

Michael made our wedding day just as we'd imagine and more! He dress very professional looking in a Suit. He kept our guest impressed, engaged, interested, and entertained throughout the afternoon and early evening. He was very accommodating of any changes or additions that we had made during our planning process. We could tell he was very experienced, confident and reliable! We are so happy that we found him. We still keep getting compliments on our wedding DJ. Thanks Michael! You are the BEST of the BEST DJ's out there! We will plan on having you come back and DJ for us, whenever any of our 6 kids get married!

Sent on 05/08/2015
  • User5119906 · 2+ years ago

Michael DJed at our wedding. He was great to work with. He was responsive to our questions/requests and we were very happy with his pricing! He did a great job announcing and updating us on when we needed to be where. We did not plan on having any dancing out the wedding, and communicated that with Michael. There ended up being some dancing after all. I wasn't too thrilled with this at the time, but I believe Michael gaged the crowd and realized there were people who really wanted to dance. I am thankful that they got an opportunity to do so, you could tell by the pictures that they enjoyed it a lot. In all I think it turned out better than I could have planned!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Devin · Married on 03/07/2015

We had Cory as our DJ. He did such a great job!!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Michael did an absolutely great job! He was the first and only DJ my fiance and I met with- we signed with him on the spot and do not regret our decision! I received so many compliments about the music selection during dinner specifically- I wanted Frank Sinatra style music, and Michael did a great job of incorporating current music with it in order to keep it exciting and not boring. People also LOVED Michaels commentary- he was fantastic at being witty and not trying too hard to interact with the guests. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Abbie · Married on 02/28/2015

Michael was wonderful! He was very professional and very helpful!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Lisa · Married on 01/03/2015

Michael did an AWESOME job at my daughter's wedding!!! HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding! He was great--really knew how to get people up and on their feet and really did great getting people on the dance floor.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Seriously, don't look anymore for a DJ ... just book First Dance DJs for your event. Michael Furr knows his stuff and is amazing! :-)

Sent on 01/13/2015

Cory from First Dance DJ's was the DJ for our wedding. Pretty much everything went perfectly. There were a few missed steps (wrong song played during communion, and he playing some song styles during the reception we asked him not to play), but Cory had also experienced a loss in his family that same week, so this was not a normal week for him, and Mike puts a lot of faith in him so we'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Michael did a great job Dj'ing our wedding! Our guests loved him and danced almost the entire night. He was very organized and helped the order of events run very smoothly. We will be recommending him to our friends and family.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Paige · Married on 12/21/2014

Michael was very helpful and made our wedding so much fun. He was very willing to meet with us and accommodate to all of our needs. He even took a request the day before our wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Our wedding was unforgettable thanks in part to Michael as our DJ! He was flexible, fun, quick to respond and he went above and beyond when we asked him to fill in for our ceremony last minute. Michael had our dance floor full of our guests all night with a great mix of music and we had the time of our lives. Best value in DFW hands down and we are so thankful we found Michael! You can absolutely trust him with your wedding!!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/26/2014

Michael was absolutely wonderful. He was very quick to respond to any emails and talked us through every detail. He had great ideas for songs when we were running out of ideas (bouquet toss, garter toss) and kept the party going. He went out of his way to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted and I can't say enough good things about First Dance DJs.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Mike Furr is an amazing wedding DJ. He helped us keep our reception moving at a good pace and played a great selection of songs. I couldn't have been happier with our choice in DJ. Our guests loved him as well!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/18/2014

This was our second experience with Michael. He provided services at my son's wedding several years ago and did such a great job, we contacted him for my daughters wedding. His web based application allowed us to select music that we wanted (and didn't want) played, he always responded to our questions right away, and kept the flow going throughout our reception. Professional and upbeat evening. Great job! Many thanks for making out reception such a great success and so memorable.

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/03/2014

Michael was awesome!!! I knew I wanted him to be our DJ from the moment we met. His ideas are creative and he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. We had an interracial wedding- The music he played was enjoyed by both families and the dance floor was always packed! He seemed to really care my husband and I had the best night ever. I would definitely use him again and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ

Sent on 10/13/2014

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/20/2014

Michael was absolutely fantastic! At the time of my wedding I was going through some health issues with suffered a spinal cord infection and was not able to walk very well. Michael was so supportive and heartfelt during the weeks before and on the special day. He made my husband and I feel like we were on top of the world. Our music was perfect and he even added a bit of humor during our finest hours. I would recommend him to any one looking for the perfect DJ for their perfect day. As mine didnt seem perfect before, as the day approached I couldnt have felt more like a Bride and more accomplished.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Kaelyn · Married on 09/13/2014

Michael is very easy to work with and will do whatever you want! He is very professional and really makes your event a blast! :)

Sent on 10/03/2014

Karli · Married on 09/06/2014

Michael was absolutely fabulous! He was always quick to respond to whatever questions or concerns I had. He made our wedding fun for everyone! The dance floor was full the entire reception! I could not have asked for a nicer, more professional DJ!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Emily · Married on 08/23/2014

We really loved working with Michael at First Dance DJ's. I wasn't sure about all the music choices so he was able to recommend some songs that worked perfectly with the ones we had already picked. He kept our guests up and dancing and played some fun games. We got a lot of compliments about him from our guests! They all thought he was really fun and played great music!

Sent on 09/11/2014

First Dance was extremely affordable & helped make our wedding day spectacular!! They really know what they're doing & know how to make the night a blast!!

Sent on 11/22/2014

I feel lucky to get Michael as the DJ for my wedding. He is flexible, super easy to work with and most importantly, did great work! He is really experienced with our venue and gave us wonderful suggestions for details. I will definitely recommend him to all my friends!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Taylor · Married on 05/03/2014

Michael is awesome! We signed him immediately on our first meeting. He's just the kind of guy you feel comfortable with and confident that he knows what he is doing. He's got a great sense of humor and we could tell immediately that he is someone we wanted to establish the party type atmosphere at our wedding reception.

He definitely delivered at the wedding. Our wedding was about average/smaller than average, but Michael made sure to play music to get people dancing. He was great on the mic and made sure everyone knew what was going on. He has a great feature on his website where you can suggest songs to play (or not to play lol) and set everything up that you want. Everything went perfectly.

I highly recommend having Michael be your DJ, whatever the event.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Chelsey · Married on 10/26/2013

We used First Dance DJs for our October 2013 wedding. David was our DJ for the evening, and he was fantastic. He kept the dance party going, even despite a rain storm that could have threatened the equipment since it was only covered by a tent. I really think that storm could have ruined our reception had it not been for David. Our friends and family are crazy enough to not mind dancing in rain puddles, and strangely enough, it made the night really fun. It was the best night of our lives, and it wouldn't have been the same if the DJ stopped because of the inclement weather. David Skinner has my eternal gratitude.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Great music selection; fun games; very interactive. Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2012

Mike was great. Whenever we had a question he was able to answer. Also, he had some great ideas for different ways to do the reception and what type of music to play. The company is very professional.

Sent on 10/22/2012