First Dance DJ's Reviews

120 Reviews for First Dance DJ's

1 User photo

First Dance DJ's 1

Kimberly · Married on 09/02/2018

AMAZING! Our daughter just got married and Michael was our DJ. She’s a musician, so very particular about music and Michael did not disappoint. Everyone was on the dance floor having a great time! We highly recommend his services.

Lisa · Married on 08/09/2018

I can’t say enough great things about Michael!! Having a DJ was a decision we made as our wedding day grew closer, and I am so thankful we decided to! He has such a great personality, very professional, easy to work with, and an awesome music selection. I wanted to honor my parents since our day was also their wedding anniversary, and Michael found the most perfect way to do that. He MC’d our shoe game and made it so much fun! I seriously can’t tell you enough how grateful we were to have him there. With first Dance DJ’s you can relax knowing this part of your wedding will be more than taken care of, and that is such a great feeling!!

• Elizabeth & Max

Elizabeth · Married on 06/16/2018

First Dance DJ’s was the RIGHT choice!!! Michael is extremely professional, has years of experience, flexible with changes, and reads the crowd well to keep the fun going all night long!!! Make sure you book him before he gets booked by someone else!

During my search for a DJ, my biggest fear was selecting a cheesy DJ. After hours of searching online, I came across First Dance DJ’s and noticed they have the highest reviews anywhere I searched. I came to the point in the wedding planning process where I had to stop searching for options and start making decisions, so I reached out to get a quote. Michael’s response was extremely excited and professional, and he had already taken the liberty of setting up an online profile for me in high hopes he would become our DJ. Most DJ’s respond back with huge paragraphs or documents to look through but Michael was very short, sweet and down to business. I was so impressed I booked him within the week!

To impress me further, Michael initiated an in-person meeting soon after booking, as he feels meeting his brides will yield an even better experience. He helped me go over the first version of our wedding timeline over coffee at Starbucks. This helped me feel full confidence in choosing him as our wedding DJ and threw all fears of hiring a cheesy group out the window.

Now the wedding day, although Michael didn’t begin playing until 5:30/6 pm he was eager and willing to setup early and help by playing background music or making announcements any time he could. During the reception, he kept up with the timeline when possible and worked around our unexpected occurrences flawlessly. My husband let the DJ know at the beginning of the cocktail hour that he had a dance planned and to switch a few songs around and Michael had no problem making the changes last minute and executing correctly.

Thank you First Dance DJ's and Michael Furr for helping make our day BEYOND perfect!

Kathy · Married on 03/24/2018

Michael did an awesome job! He was well prepared, professional, and made the wedding fun! Would definitely recommend him!

Leisa · Married on 03/23/2018

Really look no further for any DJ/band/etc.
    Michael is the BEST - so much more then just a guy playing songs! He’s a great MC and helps keep everything flowing! He will help you choose songs, plan the flow of the night and even throw some fun in there if you are game for some pranks!!

Kathleen · Married on 12/15/2017

Michael Furr was amazing! he was extremely friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we had amazing music and services at our wedding. We have had so many family members and friends comment on how “awesome” the DJ was. He truly focused on the bride and groom and making our wedding day spectacular!

Maggie · Married on 12/08/2017

Michael made my whole wedding just absolutely perfect!! He kept the energy alive during dancing and every moment of the night was kept going with the music!! Thank you for making my dream wedding even more perfect!!

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot sing enough praises, Michael did a wonderful job with our wedding! He made sure the dance floor was lively throughout the night, the ceremony music went off without a hitch, and he was so entertaining! I would fully recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sarah · Married on 11/02/2017

First Dance DJ’s from first impression through the entire time working together is very professional! Michael takes care of everything and makes sure your music is on point as well as helping to guide the order of the reception for you and your guests! No hesitation in referring him in the future. Top Notch!

So glad you were a part of making our day so special!!! - Zach and Sarah Tarver

First Dance DJ's 2

Artem · Married on 10/28/2017

We knew that a good DJ is a key to a great wedding and Michael Furr didn't disappoint. He kept the party going with good music selection, creative ideas, and high energy. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a reception with lots of dancing and hyped guests. Also I thought that the pricing was very reasonable for the quality of the service.

Emily · Married on 10/26/2017

Amazing!!! Highly recommend . We loved him

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2017

Mike was FANTASTIC!!! He was incredibly helpful, and showed up early (which is always nice). Our playlist for the day wasn't complete, so Mike chose songs to fill in those gaps. This helped take stress off the wedding process. He kept the night on schedule and kept the guests laughing! We loved having him as part of our Wedding Day and appreciate the care he put into making our day perfect! Thank You MIKE!!!!

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

Mike was great! He was very energetic, helped keep the wedding schedule on track and kept the dance floor going. He played requests from guests quickly and was on top of any issues we had - making sure I (the bride) was stress free. We would recommend 1st Dance DJ's to everyone.

Marriah · Married on 09/08/2017

Michael is so great, he played a great selection of music the whole night! He was upbeat, interactive, and made our night so special!

Tiffany · Married on 04/22/2017

Michael was amazing! I highly recommend him as your wedding DJ. He worked our wedding and our friends and did not disappoint!!

Kelsey · Married on 03/25/2017

Michael Furr was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to make our wedding top notch. Michael went above and beyond in every aspect - he made sure every detail was perfect. At one point during the ceremony, our day-of coordinator (who lacked in many tasks throughout the night) brought out our glow sticks and light up rings (that she said she would have ready to go). Well, the rings weren't lighting up and the glow sticks weren't glowing. Michael rushed over to help me crack all of the glow sticks and turn on the light up rings. He kept the timeline on track and kept me updated with everything - when the bouquet toss would be, when it was time for the father/daughter dance, etc. He was very professional and such a joy to work with.

• User5091414 · 1+ year ago

Michael was a dream to work with throughout our wedding planning process. He took the time to get to know us and what style of music we liked so that he could personalize our playlist. He was very accommodating and easy going, which was very helpful when it came time for the big day. My husband and I were very thankful we got to work with Michael for our wedding. I would highly recommend First Dance DJ's for any event!!

samantha · Married on 11/07/2016

FANTASTIC!!....love your work!!

Colleen · Married on 10/23/2016

Michael Furr was the DJ at our wedding. He did an amazing job!!! He played all the songs that we wanted and knew what kind of style we liked based on our choices. He did the music for the ceremony and the reception and he was just wonderful. When he made announcements for our entrance into the reception and the cutting of the cake he did such a nice job and has a great voice. I was not a very organized bride, because of that Michael had to improvise a few moments and did a fabulous job. I have told many people how great he was, if anyone is looking for the perfect wedding DJ, these services are absolutely the best! I highly recommend First Dance DJs!

Brooke · Married on 10/08/2016

Mike was an amazing DJ! All of our family and friends commented on how much fun our wedding was, everyone danced, and he made the night glide through effortlessly. Mike worked with us to compile a broad range of music, and aided in those special songs for the cake cutting and other little moments. One of my favorite suggestions he made was to pick a last dance song specifically for my husband and I, while everyone else was getting lined up for our send off. It was those last precious moments that allowed my husband and I to relish in our wedding day. I honestly do not have enough good things to say about Mike and the First Dance DJ company!

kendal · Married on 10/02/2016

The service was great and he did everything I requested.

ND · Married on 09/24/2016

Be sure to always meet with vendors so that you can see if you have a good connection with them!

Joseph · Married on 09/09/2016

We were so happy we went with Michael and First Dance DJ's! Not only was Michael very professional, but we felt that he genuinely wanted our wedding to be the best. He was so helpful in helping us pick out our songs and basically took care of everything. The planning process was very smooth and he was very responsive in communicating. He really is very knowledgeable as a DJ and had some great advice for us in our choices and plans. He took the time to get to know us a little bit and catered the songs to what he thought we, and the guests, would enjoy, and we certainly were very happy with his song choices. He definitely made our wedding memorable. We would recommend Michael and First Dance DJ's for any event!

Patty · Married on 08/13/2016

Michael is FANTASTIC!!! We loved the music and he really knew how to work the crowd. After the wedding, most of the comments about the reception were about how good was our DJ! Thank you, Michael, for an incredible experience from the day we first spoke til now. I will HIGHLY recommend you to anyone who asks.
    Patty Baughman

Courtney · Married on 08/07/2016

Very responsive to our requests of songs that were not on the playlists. We also had songs there were not the best quality but Mike made sure they sounded great! Thanks again!