Fiona's By The Cake Faerie Reviews

Fiona's By The Cake Faerie 6
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 08/15/2019

Perfect cake!

We were very excited for us to experience the wedding cake tasting process and we were not let down with Michelle. She provided tasty samples, even during the process of changing buildings, and gave us all of the options we had to create the perfect combination of filling, cake, and icing. The presentation of the cake was amazing and so was working with Michelle!

Sent on 09/01/2019
    Fiona's By The Cake Faerie 7
  • Britt

Brittney · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful & Delicious!

Our wedding cake was perfect! It was beautiful but also delicious, and Michelle is awesome. We had a simple design with fresh flowers and different flavors for each tier. And we could not have been happier!

Sent on 06/15/2019
    Fiona's By The Cake Faerie 8

Tracy · Married on 10/06/2018

Fiona's cake was absolutely amazing and tasted absolutely delicious!!! She was a pleasure to work with and is highly recommended!!! Everyone raved about how it was the best wedding cake they ever tasted. We highly recommend the almond cake. Yummy!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

Michelle made the most beautiful cake for our wedding!! It was just how we envisioned it, and it was also delicious. At our tasting she did a wonderful job explaining our options and helping us decide what would work best for our day. I can't recommend her enough!! She does an amazing job!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle the Cake Faerie is phenomenal. For nearly a decade, my mom owned a bakery so I've known that one day, I would be very particular with my wedding cake, especially how it tasted. My husband and I sampled one other bakery, whose flavors were not as good and whose price was more than double that from Fiona's. We loved Michelle herself, and her frosting and cake flavors were so much better. And her price was excellent! Michelle even took a phone call from my mom who had a whole bunch of questions before we even met! Embarrassing but thoughtful. Michelle didn't seem to mind it. Our wedding cake for 130 people was absolutely stunning. I showed her a picture of what we wanted and she did it without a hitch! She took the time to review the details with us, confirm the colors, offer alternatives, and provide us with our dream cake. The cream cheese frosting (my favorite - she has the BEST) was SO good and our fresh fruit was truly FRESH. The vanilla cake was moist and the flavors were exceptional. Thank you Cake Faerie! PS: I love that you signed our guest book!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Fiona's By The Cake Faerie 9
  • Armida

Armida · Married on 09/16/2017

The cake was delicious, beautiful, and it arrived on time. What more could you ask?

Sent on 09/24/2017
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 08/19/2017

We loved working with Michelle! We showed up unannounced one day and Michelle spent the time to talk to us even though it was her day off. We loved all of the cakes that we tasted- it was so hard to decide what we wanted. We ended up doing a 4-tier cake alternating between red velvet and vanilla almond- delicious! Our guests raved to us on our wedding day and told us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! We can't wait to eat our cake on our one year anniversary. Thank you Michelle!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Katerina · Married on 07/08/2017

Michelle with Fiona's by the Cake Faerie was amazing!! Everyone raved about our cake and how delicious it was (and we had some picky guests). Michelle was so sweet throughout the process and we loved working with her!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/01/2017

Delicious!!! I loved working with Michelle and we were extremely happy with our wedding cake! My husband and I have Celiac Disease and cannot have any gluten, but Michelle was super accommodating. When we had our tasting made she all of the options were gluten free- we were able to try vanilla and chocolate cake with a variety of fillings. She worked within our budget and clearly explained all of our options with sheet cakes, tiers, etc. In the end, the cake was beautifully designed and absolutely delicious. Michelle was very reliable and arrived at the venue on time (she transported it to the Eastern Shore for us). We ended up getting a sheet cake that was chocolate with chocolate filling, and a tiered cake with vanilla and a cream cheese and raspberry filling. The top tier was gluten free, and the rest of the cake was regular. We heard a lot of great things about the cake, and we were in love with our gluten free cake. I would highly recommend using Fiona’s Cakes, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/18/2017

I've never been the biggest fan of wedding cake (so dry!), so I didn't want to spend a ton of our wedding budget on it. Half the people at the reception never end up eating it. When I had another vendor fall through, I found Fiona's by the Cake Faerie. I loved my first conversation with Michelle on the phone. I voiced how people never eat the cake. And she stated, well, they've never had MY cake. I promise you it will all be gone. And she was absolutely right. People raved about her cake all night and every last piece was gone. It was delicious! Not dry, tons of flavor. We had the lemon with raspberry filling. I still think about how delicious it was. She worked with my budget and produced a beautiful cutting cake with simple details and it was some of the yummiest cake I've ever had. I recommend her services to anyone wanted great cake!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Fiona's By The Cake Faerie 10

Savanna · Married on 06/10/2017

Michelle was amazing and her cakes are absolutely incredible! So delicious and so beautiful! Her prices were much more affordable than I expected, and she was flexible with our shifting guest numbers and offered her amazing creative genius when we couldn't decide what kind of specifics we wanted for the cake decoration. I've already had her make a birthday cake for my new husband, too, and it was fabulous!

Sent on 06/23/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

Michelle was great to work with! She was very flexible and made exactly what we asked for. The cake and cupcakes were so delicious! Thank you, Michelle!

Sent on 07/04/2017

S · Married on 04/22/2017

Michelle made the cake for our daughter's wedding last weekend. It was absolutely delicious! Michelle was very patient as we decided on the flavor, fillings and decorating as well as gave her professional opinion. We would highly recommend Fiona's Cakes by Michelle.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Hayley · Married on 12/24/2016

Michelle (The Cake Faerie) was amazing! She made the most beautiful cake for our wedding that was absolutely what we wanted and then some. Each tier was a different flavor (which is wonderful since we had some guests who loved chocolate and then some who didn't!) and it was just beautiful and executed perfectly. We had a private tasting first to see which flavors and icings we wanted. They even delivered it on the day of our wedding which was Christmas Eve and decorated it with the rosemary and raspberries with me right next to it so she could make sure it was exactly what we wanted. We could not be happier with how it turned out.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Amelia · Married on 10/22/2016

Fiona made the cake I had been dreaming of for our wedding. Delicious and gorgeous. Four tiers, buttercream frosting. Our tasting/meeting with Fiona was great. She has endless pictures of all of the amazing wedding cakes she has created over the years, which made it very easy for us to show her what we wanted. Not only that, but it gave us great confidence knowing that she has made our style of cake plenty of times. The variety in flavor choices is great, although narrowing them down was very difficult because we loved them all. We are still eating our left over cake. I have a feeling it may not even make it to the freezer.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Ellen · Married on 10/15/2016

Fiona created the cake for our Daughter's wedding on 4/13/13. The cake was so beautifully presented, and the taste was delicious! Our guests raved that they had never had wedding cake that tasted so delicious. Fiona is an absolute joy to work with. We highly recommend her for your Wedding, or any affair!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Alison · Married on 10/01/2016

Michelle Lowman, the new owner of Fiona's Cakes provided cupcakes and a small cutting cake for my wedding. She provided several cupcakes for me to take home and try at my leisure to decide on a flavor. We worked together on the look, colors, and presentation of the cupcakes through photos. She made sure the cake would accommodate the topper I had. She had some curve balls thrown at her at the last minute by the venue and caterer, but she handled them all gracefully. And she was very affordable!

Sent on 11/04/2016
  • Bridgette

Bridgette · Married on 08/27/2016

Fiona made the most amazing cake for our wedding! I wish I could post pictures of it!
    We did a peak-a-boo cake, peanut butter chocolate on the top with a peanut butter filling and american buttercream icing, and the lower 2 tiers were this amazing almond and amaretto cake that just melts in your mouth! My after party killed all of it, so I'll just have to get another one to celebrate our anniversary!
    Thanks Fiona!!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 08/19/2016

If I could give Fiona more than 5 stars I would! Our wedding cake was incredible. I knew when we went for our cake tasting that this was definitely where we would be getting our cake from. Fiona was professional, flexible, and super talented at what she does. Not only did our cake look gorgeous BUT it tasted amazing too. I'm so glad that we had leftovers to take home. Our guests raved about our cake during and after the wedding. We chose the almond cake with raspberry and almond brittle as the filling - just delicious!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Lindsey · Married on 08/13/2016

I got a small wedding cutting cake from Fiona, and she was such a pleasure to work with. I called her a few times then ordered via email about ten days out. She had no issue with my timeframe and was very helpful and accommodating. We talked a little bit about my intentions, and she recommended a size of cake and allowed me to choose the flavors. We went with a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and white buttercream – my goodness was that cake good! We only did it as a cutting cake, so we didn’t offer it to guests, but they were still clamoring to get the remaining pieces!

As for the design, I told her that I wanted a white cake with “some sort of texture.” I told her that we were doing silk flowers for the wedding, and she recommended that I put some of those on the cake – definitely a great recommendation. I left the design of the icing up to her, and she put a perfect texture into the icing – not too crazy, but just enough.

The cake was ready as requested, boxed up nicely, and the staff was very helpful when we picked it up. I highly recommend Fiona – the cake was so yummy, designed perfectly, and she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/02/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2016

So I'm the kind of bride that heavily researches every possible option before selecting a wedding vendor. There are so many cake/ bakeries that range a lot in terms of quality and cost and I had to look a them all. Well let me tell you- save yourself time and energy and just pick Fiona's Cakes! I will tell you four reasons why you should. First of all, she's definitely one of the most economical places in the area. Second, let me just preface this review by saying I'm not a huge cake person. I'll eat a little for birthdays but it's not really my thing. Well I was totally converted during our cake tasting with Fiona! Honestly I had no idea cake could be this good. The moment I took a bite of her vanilla cake with raspberry preserves, I was completely sold! There are no words for how good it is. And the chocolate with chocolate filling was so divine! Not to mention the buttercream icing... just amazing! I'm a total foodie and I adore all things dessert, and yet I've never had icing like this.
    Third, she is super professional, kind, accommodating, and she will really listen to you as you show and describe your wedding cake vision. This is important, as some vendors will try and change your mind and/or impose their vision on you. Fourth, and most importantly, is her superb delivery. There are no words to describe how gorgeous and stunning our wedding cake was! Literally perfection. Our guests couldn't stop raving about our cake- I hated to cut it! 4 perfect tiers, with each alternating tier covered in perfect little dots. Surrounded by flickering candles and rose petals, and decorated with lavender rose buds- it was absolutely breathtaking! And of course the taste... like heaven! So stop your obsessive bridal research now and go see Fiona. Taste the cake and get converted! I promise you won't be disappointed : )

Sent on 07/27/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/09/2016

WOW! Cannot even put into words the amazing wedding cake Fiona's made for us. We fell in love with Fiona's Cakes at the cake tasting (every flavor was delicious). We ended up choosing 2 flavors for our wedding cake- the almond amaretto and a lemon cake with raspberry and lemon filling with buttercream frosting. Our guests raved about both flavors and multiple guests admitted to eating multiple slices :) We provided Fiona with a picture of the cake we wanted and she replicated it exactly! We cannot wait to eat our top tier in a year, although I'm sure we'll be back to Fiona's before then! Amazing cake!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

Fiona's cakes are AMAZING!! We loved our tasting so much that we had her do a cake for our rehearsal dinner as well. Two nights in a row with her cakes were to die for.

Try the chocolate peanut butter cake, it's as amazing as it sounds!!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Taylor · Married on 06/11/2016

We had so many compliments on how our cake was the best they'd ever tasted. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and the cake turned out absolutely beautiful. I planned my wedding from Florida and she made the process easy and effortless and thoroughly answered all my questions. I would highly recommend using her because it will be a cake you never forget!

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • User6319441 · 2+ years ago

Fiona's cakes are amazing!!! The highlight of wedding planning was spending some time with Fiona and sampling her different combinations. We loved them all, and ultimately went with vanilla cake, lemon curd filling, and American buttercream frosting. It was life-changing!!! The cake was such a highlight of the night, and we all finished the leftovers the next day. Everyone was talking about the cake, and it looked just as spectacular as it tasted. Instead of ordering extra cake so we could save and freeze the top layer, we decided to just return to Fiona on our first anniversary to buy a fresh cake from her. We are already dreaming about this day!! Thank you, Fiona!! Five stars - highly recommended for anyone looking for the best cakes around!!

Sent on 08/23/2016