Finest Playa Mujeres Reviews

17 | Cancun, MX

17 Reviews for Finest Playa Mujeres

Michelle G. · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome experience

Teresita has been great. We also went to this resort before getting engaged and loved it! So I know we will have a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Finest Playa Mujeres's reply:

It´s
    great to be somehow part of your special day!

My best wishes to you both!!
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing experience can't wait to go back

You won't regret it! We had the best experience ever! Everyone there was nice and treated us like royalty. I was so nervous the wedding wouldn't be great due to not being there to plan everything, I obviously worried for nothing because my wedding coordinator(Melissa) was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond. We used the resorts photographer. Well get our photos in 8 weeks I'll update then. We also used to resort spa for my hair she always did an amazing job. We're so happy we had our wedding there can't wait to go back.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 01/19/2019

Best place to get married.

Doing a destination wedding was an amazing decision with this resort. We used the gold package and really didn't pay for many upgrades as we wanted the space to speak for it's self. It was a beautiful location and all of our guests had an amazing time. The resort give you a wedding coordinator as a part of your package which is a huge game changer and makes your wedding day simple and easy. Best of all the pricing was fantastic as the package covers food, drink, cake, linens, chairs and all the extras that normally end up costing a fortune.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Carrie · Married on 01/18/2018

We had the most amazing wedding at Finest Resort, Playa Mujeres in January 2018! Everything was perfect and went off flawlessly. We worked with Alejandra and then Valeria to plan our destination wedding and every detail was covered. We found the planning process quite easy (even if much of it was over email) and they are true professionals! The service, decor, food, service, venue and accommodations were all excellent! We did not even have one hiccup! Even the weather cooperated! Keep in mind though when planning you special day, the beach can be a little windy! We choose the gold package for our wedding and then upgraded some of our decor and centerpieces through their preferred vendor Alquimia Events. All of our flowers were beautiful and fresh and the food was a feast for the eye and the palette. The service was also incredible! Our wedding cake turned out great too and was exactly what we asked for. The few decorations that we brought with us were also all set up exactly as requested and our wedding welcome bags were all delivered to our guests on their day of arrival.
    We also had great experiences with all of their recommended wedding vendors including Alquimia Events (decor), Mannia Cancun (DJ) and Seasons Photography Studio, so if you are wondering about those too, certainly check them out! All of our guests had a fantastic time and we are already planning our next trip to Finest Resort for our honeymoon! If are looking for an amazing spot for your destination wedding we highly recommend Finest Resort!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Katie · Married on 12/02/2017

I got married at Finest recently and had the best experience. My wedding was perfect and exceeded all expectations. The resort is the perfect venue - ceremony at stone gazebo and reception at the Sky Bar. Daniela was my wedding coordinator and she worked so hard to make sure the day was the best- including staying in close communication for the months prior. All my guests (31) loves the reception including the food, cake, drinks, and overall attentiveness and professionalism of the staff. They all plan to return to the resort as well as me!

Sent on 12/07/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/31/2017

Excellence Wedding

Hello everyone!

I want to start out writing this review by saying the Excellence Group is a beautiful place to get married. After going to the Excellence resorts through the years, my husband and I decided on getting married at one of their locations.
    After our wedding, I wanted to continue to visit their properties (they are gorgeous) and become more involved.

I am a now wedding referral specialist with Excellence properties. If you have any questions and/or concerns since I got married at their Riviera location, feel free to ask! I take new (not yet) booked parties and can help get you started with your wedding journey.

Feel free to contact me anytime: michellereynolds@outlook.com

Happy Weddings to All !

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/26/2017

Our Aug 26 wedding was amazing! There were a few minor hiccups (as expected anywhere) were totally outweighed by the amazing service, food and accommodations!!! Our suite and view were spectacular and ALL of our wedding guests couldn't stop raving about the resort. Lomas transportation was very kind and even the excursions with then were great! We plan to return for our anniversary next year!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding coordinator was amazing.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Ashlee · Married on 06/20/2015

This place was great for our honeymoon! They treat you like royalty!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Carolyn · Married on 06/23/2018

We got married at the Finest Playa Mujeres on June 23, 2018 and everything was above and BEYOND our expectations. We had a welcome bonfire on Friday, Alquimia (in house decorator) decorated with pillows and lights to make it more comfortable. We rented speakers with a iphone connection to play our own playlist. We requested for open bar which is extra though I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Our guests were relaxed, as were we. Then on Saturday we got married at 5:30 on Bota Beach with the cocktail hour and reception at the Grand Palapa. I also recommend these two locations as they are more secluded from the resort thus more private. I cannot say one bad thing about the events. Daniela, our wedding coordinator was truly unbelievable and listened to everything I requested as well as prepped all the decorations I brought down to Mexico. You do not need to over decorated as the natural setting is truly stunning. I would highly recommend this resort as a wedding desintation. We had a guest list of 68 people and there was more than enough room at the venue. Plus the resort itself isn't too large so everyone felt at home. Our guests had the best time, both the in house DJ and photographer were amazing!! We truly LOVED the seasons photography, they were amazingly skilled and just so HAPPY the entire time. I still feel like it was all a dream it was so wonderful. On Sunday as a farewell we also used the in-house tour company to book a catamaran tour to Isla Mujeres. Our guests loved it, very fun day with everyone as we celebrated our love.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Angela · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I chose Finest Playa Mujeres to have our wedding at without ever visiting. We were sold on photos, reviews, and personal youtube videos we scoured the internet for. Upon arriving, the resort exceeded our expectations. We worked with Alejandra and Valeria. Leading up to the event, we exchanged emails with Alejandra and had a call or two. She was very easy to work with. Email communication was a bit slow, but we were told to expect that so it was never an issue. They were very accommodating, for example, only a month or two before my husband and I decided to change all our centerpieces and flowers. They were on top of everything and never questioned a last minute change. They advised us on what they've done at previous weddings but were very focused on what we wanted. We had 91 guests, so it was not small. Alejandra and Valeria helped us plan a welcome reception and arranged for us to have passed apps and a dinner station. The wedding took place on the beach with a reception following in the Grand Palapa. Everything went smoothly and I could see Alejandra and Valeria running around to make sure of it. My husband and I were running a bit late with our photographer after the cocktail hour and none of our guests even noticed because they allowed the transition to be smooth. After the wedding we met with them to receive our marriage license and they returned all the decor we brought with us, wrapped as we originally gave it to them. I would recommend Finest Playa Mujeres for a wedding over and over again and I cannot say enough good things about Alejandra and Valeria. My mother, bridesmaids, and me all had our hair and makeup done at One Spa on the resort. We all loved our hair and makeup and received compliments all night. Getting ready the morning of the wedding was peaceful in the spa, each technician (there were 3) did hair and makeup and were amazing. They listened to what we wanted and we all loved the way we looked.

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 10/19/2019

Truly amazing!

You won’t regret choosing this place for you special day! I chose Finest solely based on their reviews and had never been here until our wedding!! There’s a reason they are so great, because it’s absolutely perfect there! I communicated everything and all of my decisions through email to my coordinator. It was so easy and no stress at all! Everything from the food, coordinator, officiant, venue space and music was simply outstanding. We got married on October 19, 2019 on the beach. It was so perfect. We had our cocktail hour and reception in the grand palapa and it was stunning. Located right on the beach you can see everything from the ocean to the beautiful sunset. I also took advantage of the promo code option for our guests to book their rooms with and I was able to get a ton of concessions! From free room night, upgraded room, free rehearsal cocktail hour, huge discount on our wedding package price and much more I suggest you use this for your guests! I wouldn’t change a thing and considering I had never even visited this resort before our wedding day I was nervous but I’m telling you now, DONT BE! The resort is gorgeous and everything comes together to be perfect. Highly recommend and they will treat you as if you are their only bride! It was simply amazing.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/29/2017

This was such a beautiful place to get married at. We loved the friendly and professional staff. Daniela was our wedding coordinator and she was the absolute best. The place looked pristine. We can't wait to visit again!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Keyla · Married on 08/18/2018

Wedding October 2018

I love this resort and the staff is usually always super friendly and helpful. My husband and I just got married this past year at the resort and the wedding overall came out beautiful and our family and friends had an amazing time. This was our second time visiting the resort—the first time we had gone as a couple to see the resort for our wedding and we fell in love right away. This was one of the resort recommendations from our wedding coordinator agency that specializes in destination weddings—weddings by Funjet. I deducted a star due to lack of communication at some points throughout the process including the day of the wedding and the hairstylist who was a bit rude. In addition to the wedding coordinator not being as organized as was needed the day of. Communication between my wedding coordinator and I was a bit difficult due to the distance although there were times where I did not get an email response for a month, often needing to call to get a response regarding wedding planning. However, it was the lack of communication on the day of the wedding that created an issue for me. We had paid extra (500 bucks to be exact) to rent a beautiful flower gazebo for our wedding ceremony, which happened at the stone gazebo overlooking the beach. My coordinator never informed us (my husband and I) that due to time constraints the couple getting married before us at 3pm (we were getting married at 5pm) had to use the gazebo or at least parts of the gazebo set up for their wedding for free. While I was doing my hair at their spa, which is included in our package, I noticed that another bride was also getting her hair done for her big day. While there, my sister and I overheard the coordinator of the other wedding asking the other bride if it was okay if they had a gazebo at her wedding ceremony which she did not pay for while no one, NO ONE asked me or my husband if it was okay that another couple had to use the gazebo that we paid extra for. At the time, I wasn’t aware that the gazebo they discussed was the one I had paid for. I didn’t find out until after my wedding when I saw the other bride and she let me know that she got to use our gazebo for free! The coordinator never mentioned it until we approached her about it after the wedding. She explained what had occurred, and to keep things short, we ended up dropping the issue. But it was disappointing and upsetting to deal with especially at such a special event. The hairstylist that had done my hair was rude at times, it felt like she did not want to be there or cared to be there at all. Although my hair came out pretty good. In the grand scheme of things, the wedding was beautiful all in all. Our families and friends had an amazing time and that’s what mattered to us in the end. The staff was friendly overall and the resort is just plain wonderful. I still recommend this resort for anyone getting married or wanting some vacation time. I would just suggest to future brides to be mindful of the things you are paying extra for and just make sure your coordinator is communicating with you about all aspects of your wedding especially on the day of your event.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Kara · Married on 04/12/2019

3.0

Unresponsive; poor customer service

The best part about Finest Resort is the resort itself. The food and atmosphere was great! However, if planning to get married there, I suggest you run in the opposite direction. Our coordinator, Paola, was unresponsive and lacked attention to detail. It's challenging enough planning a wedding from afar and she did nothing but stress us out more. She was hours behind on our wedding day; our guests had to get more chairs because they apparently couldn't count to 60; she lost personal items of ours and had no care/solution to fix it (a vase, table number); they FORGOT TO VIDEO OUR CEREMONY - yes, you read that correctly. And while we are trying to get reimbursed for this monumental mistake, they have gone completely silent. It's been over a month since we've gotten married and no one has even acknowledged our email. I cannot say it enough, if you care about your wedding, I suggest you look elsewhere; otherwise, you will be stressed and highly disappointed in the service, or lack their of, that you receive for the thousands and thousands of dollars you are about to spend.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina C. · Married on 10/11/2019

1.2

Misleading

I was very excited when I first stumbled upon Finest Playa Mujeres. The main thing I wanted was a beautiful beach wedding with palm trees like the image number 11 on here. I spoke with the wedding manager at the resort and the image was sent to confirm that beautiful venue I wanted. They mentioned yes it’s the beach gazebo. After the confirmation I booked the resort sent out my save the dates. I kept waiting to hear more to begin planning the wedding. It took weeks to get a reply after confirming the booking to get things started. Then they began to confirm the venue with a totally different picture and area in mind. I began to explain the reason I chose the resort was to have the venue in mind. They then tell me that is at a different one of their resorts. I didn’t want to give them or their sister resorts any of my business after being misled and their all could have been avoided if they told me the correct resort for that particular venue. I’m just happy it happened early enough to start from scratch and find a new venue. So if there are any brides that see this venue and fall in love with image 11 labeled beach gazebo it is actually at Excellence playa mujeres an adults only resort. I’ll save you the hassle, don’t waste your time.

Sent on 03/20/2019

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Don't ever go here to have your wedding destroyed, that's what they're great at especially the horrible wedding planner Viviana! She very unprofessional and rude! She hung up on me mutliple times!!! Don't ever go the horrible finest playa my here's unless you want to have your wedding ruined.

Sent on 08/23/2016