Fine Tune Entertainment LLC Reviews

46 | Boston, MA

46 Reviews for Fine Tune Entertainment LLC

46 Fine Tune Entertainment LLC Reviews

Niall · Married on 08/25/2018

I originally heard Dave and Joe over the winter playing in Vermont. They were very talented, lively and had a great rapport with the audience and I knew they would do a great job at our wedding.
    Like myself Dave is from Ireland so he was able to thread an Irish feel to the wedding day without being over the top or cheesy.
    The guys were fantastic communicators throughout and having one vendor to deal with all the music from the ceremony to the cocktail hour, dinner and dance party made it very easy and provided great continuity to the day.

Catherine · Married on 08/18/2018

Fine Tune was fantastic to work with for our wedding entertainment! From our first meeting with Joe to the night of the event, they have displayed an experienced and skilled approach to the live music and DJ services (in addition to some party lighting to set the mood). Dave and Joe have a fun, positive, and talented energy! My guests raved about the song list and amazing vibe of the live guitar folk duo during the cocktail hour (it made everyone feel warmly welcomed as they arrived during a downpour of rain) and the playlist of amazing dance music continued until our guests chanted "one more song" at the last moment on the dance floor. Dave took our long suggested song list (in addition to all the necessary planning details on a survey and itinerary) and in the moment used his best judgement to do what was right for the crowd and didn't overwhelm the guests with too much hyped MC talk - but created a positive excitement with the crowd. I think we even lost power for a moment due to weather - but that and the HOT weather that evening didn't phase him or throw off his best game! Throughout the evening, he gently reminded and guided us as a busy bride and groom into an efficient stream of first/parent dances, cake toss, etc - always checking to make sure we were ready to roll! His Irish accent was a big hit with my Irish family as well. Only thing I would have done differently was shorten our must play list so David could have prioritized our real true favorites - as opposed to him having to choose from our long list of suggestions (but that was our fault entirely!) Looking back and in the moments as they passed that night, our wedding would not have been the amazing, magical, memorable evening it was without Dave and Fine Tune!! Thank you guys!

Alex · Married on 07/14/2018

Dave and Joe were great to work with. Joe handled most of the correspondence leading up to the wedding, and he couldn't have been more helpful and professional. Every step of the process was very easy, and all of our questions were answered in a timely fashion. Dave was our day-of DJ, and he was fantastic. He worked with our officiant to make sure that the ceremony went smoothly. For the dancing, we picked some of the songs, and Dave added his own to complete the playlist. The music flowed perfectly, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. We received so many comments from our guests about how much they loved the DJ, especially his accent!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Joe and Dave. Music was a big priority for the two of us for our brewery wedding in Portsmouth, NH and we were hoping to somehow incorporate live music into our smaller event (we had 81 guests total). When my husband found Fine Tune Entertainment, we were immediately drawn to the idea of having live music during the ceremony and cocktail hour. We met up with Joe at a local brewery to discuss what we were envisioning, and he was fantastic - very receptive to our ideas, made necessary suggestions, but was not pushy in changing what we wanted. We booked with them about a year and a half ahead of our date, and both Joe and Dave stayed in contact in that time. We spoke with Dave over the phone about one month before the ceremony to iron out day-of details. Both always answered any questions in a timely manner. As we got closer to the event, they sent detailed questionnaires, which definitely helped. We even made some last minute changes on reception songs, which they accommodated. All of our guests LOVED the music, and during the reception and even in the immediate days after, our family and friends kept raving about our choice. We opted for the Irish duo style during the cocktail hour, and had the guitar/tin whistle during the ceremony. When they switched over to standard DJ work during the reception, it was also fantastic. They pretty much stuck to our playlist (which we shared with them through Spotify), but Dave and Joe are also great at reading the crowd and played other songs that fit our style throughout the night as well. Most of all though, they are two genuinely nice guys who love music, and it definitely shows with their work. I cannot stress enough how great they were, and absolutely contributed to making our wedding extremely special and memorable.

Nathan · Married on 05/27/2018

Fine Tune Entertainment was extremely responsive when planning our wedding and accommodated our requests in order to make our wedding feel like our own. They were able to provide both live and recorded music for every part of the day and the quality of musicianship was top notch. Every transition ran smoothly and we were very satisfied at the end of the night.

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I live out of state and it was stressful planning a destination wedding without having any clue who to hire, but from our very first conversation with Joe we knew we had hit the jackpot with Fine Tune Entertainment. Honestly, there are not enough good things to say. From the very beginning to the very end Joe & Dave were professional, accommodating, fun, and a dream to work with. They effortlessly created a mix of music to not only highlight my husband and my diverse cultures (Pakistani/American) but music that entertained our global guests. The dinner music was romantic and elegant and the reception music had everyone on the dance floor. Not only was the music great, their setup and lighting were top notch, and the way they graciously interacted with the other vendors, our families and us did not go unnoticed. If we had to do it all over again, having Joe & Dave there would be a no-brainer, we absolutely loved them!!!

• Y

Yusef · Married on 05/05/2018

Dave and Joe with Fine Tune Entertainment are world class professional DJs. We used Fine Tune for our wedding and were blown away by the way they managed the whole day. They were able to wrangle the groups and make all of the announcements, introductions, etc. etc. with poise and presence. From our first conversation over the phone to our emails and set list discussions to execution....all top notch. The crowd danced the night away and could not have done it without Fine Tune Entertainment! We highly recommend Fine Tune Entertainment for all of your DJ needs. True professionals!

• User7640142 · Recently married

Joe and Dave are incredible, professional musicians and wonderful people. We do (and already have) recommended them over and over!! I have a large Irish family that love to sing and dance so we wanted to do something a little special. Joe and Dave prepared live traditional pub tunes for our cocktail hour - which everyone LOVED!!!! They then DJ'ed our reception and it was everything we wanted and more! We didn't prepare a long list of plays/don't plays but they read the crowd spot on. For example, I forgot to forward them the specific song requests we received from our guests but after we were thanked by everyone for playing their songs - that is beyond amazing!! When we booked them I knew they would be great, but the went above and beyond. They truly made our night so spectacular - thank you!

Kathryn · Married on 09/09/2017

Cannot say enough about these guys! They were so great. All our guests loved them and had so much fun at the wedding because of the vibe they created. I am an extremely picky person when it comes to music and they blew me away with their services!

kirsten · Married on 09/02/2017

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. We hired fine tune entertainment and it was one of our best choices. They played live music for our ceremony and were the DJ at our reception. First of all Joe and Dave are super nice. We met with them before our big day and described our vision. We talked about what we wanted each part to feel like and sound like and they helped us make sure the music would match. We gave them a long list of song requests (we had all our guests send one in) and they played every song. They got the dance floor going and kept It going until the last minute. They were So professional and brilliant. I would hire them in a heartbeat!!!

Sandra · Married on 08/26/2017

Fine Tune Entertainment was hands down one of the best decisions we made!! We were just married this August at Harrington Farm and I was referred to Joe by a good friend, as we had no idea where to start when it came to DJ's and I am so glad I found Joe. He was willing to work with me and accommodate my budget. We created a package that fit to my needs, which turned out amazing. Joe and his assistant Omari were AWESOME on our big day! They kept our dance floor packed all night long and everyone had such a great time!! We had Joe play live guitar at our ceremony, which made the whole feel of the ceremony so intimate and special. Our guests absolutely loved this part of the wedding. Joe is an extremely talented guitarist and did a wonderful job. He is extremely responsive and organized. We came up with a game plan together for the day of, and I never felt an ounce of stress. He was even open to new ideas, as one of my bridesmaids is an amazing singer and we wanted her to put on a little performance during our reception and Joe worked closely with her to make this happen. It was a magical moment for us, and wouldn't have been possible without Joe. We cannot thank him and his team enough. If you are looking at booking them, DO IT! You honestly will not regret it!

David · Married on 07/22/2017

Dave and Joe were a major part of why our wedding was such a success. Leading up to the big day they were in regular contact, walked us through everything that was going to happen, and were flexible in how we did the ceremony and reception. We chose to have them do live instrumentals for the ceremony and they were top notch. These two are definitely talented musicians in addition to their DJ skills. They kept the reception moving along efficiently and on time, and then got the party started when it was time for people to hit the dance floor. They have a way of reading the room and knowing when to speed things up or slow it down, and they kept everybody dancing right up until the last song. On top of all this, they both are just all around awesome guys who I enjoyed working with during the planning and everyone who interacted with had a positive experience with. If you need a great DJ, definitely lock these two in for your event!

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

We HIGHLY recommend working with Joe and David for your wedding. They were FANTASTIC every step of the way and really made the process so easy for us. We loved their live & recorded music options, the live music really fit the stage for the pre-ceremony and the continued the night with an amazing playlist that actually got an encore at the end of the night because everyone wanted to keep the party going! Thank you for making our wedding one to remember forever :)

Meredith · Married on 06/24/2017

Joe and Dave literally made our reception as fun as it was. We asked the planner at our venue for a recommendation, and she immediately said Fine Tune Entertainment. They played folk music for cocktail hour and DJed the reception, and it was all awesome! Our guests said the cocktail hour music was like being at a concert and totally fit with our rustic theme. They were able to make changes on the fly during the reception and followed our music requests perfectly. They even played a song that we loved but wasn't as popular with our guests, and when they cut it off early and noticed we looked bummed, they came over to us and asked if they should play it again. They were easy to work with leading up to the wedding-communication was quick and easy and making payments was seamless. Truly, my husband and I were blown away by their talent, and our guests all commented with how cool it was that they could play live music and be such great DJs. 100% recommend them!

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2017

Dave and Joe DJ'd my wedding this past Saturday at the State Room in Boston and I can't stress enough how AMAZING they are. They took all my initial playlists/song requests for the seating music, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and did a fantastic job mixing and transitioning the music to keep the dance floor packed all night long! For the ceremony it was especially helpful that they sent us different options for the classical music we were thinking of having. They were so responsive to my emails in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding and made everything so seamless and effortless on the day of the wedding. I'm so grateful to them for making the night so wonderful! THANK YOU AGAIN, Dave and Joe!

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

All I can say is these guys are the best! I am very particular about my music and what I wanted played and what I didn't. They nailed all my favorites and more! My husband, family, friends and I all had the best night dancing :) Joe and Dave your amazing I highly recommend!

kristin · Married on 04/22/2017

Joe and his Team were OUTSTANDING. Bottom line.
    We found Fine Tune Entertainment as they were setting up our Venue when we went to check it out for the first time- we were immediately drawn to their awesome DJ booth set up - Fun, Professional, Uplighting was Awesome - and classy. Upon a discussion and in person meeting - Joe really wanted to understand the audience at our wedding, what types of music we liked etc so he could really prepare for the day. We are kind of music snobs, (I wanted to make sure certain songs were played and weren't played..songs at certain times etc) - Joe and his team did an excellent job accommodating, and then went on to make the mixes and song line up absolutely amazing and better than any other DJ I have seen- I am not kidding when I say all 200 people were on the dance floor NON STOP the whole night...even people that never dance at weddings! Joe and his partner were reading the floor, and each song they played was perfectly timed. People will not stop complimenting our DJ at the wedding. We also used the Jazz Trio that Fine Tune offered - AMAZING. So happy we did this, it was the perfect touch, they again were so very professional, knew exactly how to keep the cocktail hour upbeat, and really set the tone at cocktail hour. Joe made everything run perfectly seamless - he was so easy going and organized - confirming name pronunciation, creating mixes just for the wedding, accommodating very last minute changes in the wedding songs, lining up the Jazz trio behind the scenes after we decided on them at the last second. The up lighting was awesome too! They even changed the colors after dinner to set the mood for dancing and then again during the dancing! Joe and his team also did a great job MC'ing - they weren't over the top like some DJ's can be, they were perfect in getting the crowd going. These are professionals, high knowledge of music in general/Music, Make it a point to engage and keep the dance floor going and they 100% did!

Jenelle · Married on 04/22/2017

I'm sure if you are reading all the reviews for "Fine Tune Entertainment" and deciding if you would like to have them be a part of your big day, a pattern should be forming. Everyone of us that were able to have the guys of "Fine Tune Entertainment" perform musically, setup up-lighting and orchestrate the evening had our expectations met and then surpassed to a point where words just don't do justice, but please allow me to try.

From the start "Fine Tune Entertainment" made the process extremely easy and well planned out; from their website and services they offer, to the in depth questionnaire & the phone call they make to go over your whole ceremony and give you that piece of mind that its all under control. The day of our wedding it rained but Dave, Omari & Ciaran had such amazing positive attitudes and great advice to give, that the Hubby and I were amazed by their sincerity. The fellas had 3 rooms to move and operate out of, from the custom play list during ceremony, to the beautiful harmonizing voices during live music cocktail hour, (which they took the time to learn a song to play for us) and finally the big party, making sure the feet were dancing!! Watching this small group of professionals complete each task perfectly, on time and with the biggest smiles on their faces was the best feeling. (Besides getting married, lol) They are a team of passionate and totally down to earth gentleman that truly care about the Bride/Groom's experience.

I truly hope this review helps you look no further and choose "Fine Tune Entertainment" to be their on your big day!!

Allison · Married on 09/18/2016

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Fine Tune Entertainment! Not only are they great DJ's, but very talented musicians who played live music during our ceremony. In addition to the custom arrangement they created for the song I walked down the aisle to, they have a great list of songs in their repertoire that they can play live.

Music is very important to us and we wanted it to be an integral part of our day. We had a great phone conversation with David before we hired them; he asked us questions and really listened to what we wanted. We could tell they totally understood us and the vibe we wanted to achieve.

They provided a detailed online form that we could fill out with our music choices/preferences. We gave them a batch of songs we wanted to hear during each section of the wedding, and they did a great job of mixing the songs we gave them along with their own choices. They created a great atmosphere from start to finish, and there were people dancing all night! They were professional and delightful, and our guests gave us tons of compliments on them and the music!

They also did a great job of timing introductions with the music, which really added to our special moments with each other, our parent-dances, and the introductions for our wedding party.

We thought they were very reasonably priced, especially considering that they played live music for the ceremony. While we were researching DJ's we found comparable or even higher prices, which did not include live music. Even for us being on somewhat of a tight budget, they were worth every penny.

We knew that we didn't want cheesy DJ's who talk too much, say cliche things, and play the same tired songs you routinely hear at most weddings. Fine Tune were exactly what we hoped for. They were a great fit at our wedding and seemed genuinely happy to be a part of our day. We are so glad we hired them; and if music is important to you, you can't go wrong with them!

Brenagh · Married on 09/10/2016

If I could give them higher than a five star I would!! These guys are amazing!! We not only enjoyed their music and talent we genuinely enjoyed them as people! I had sent a list of about 10 or more Lebanese songs the NIGHT BEFORE our wedding requesting them to be added last minute, by early morning, day of our wedding, I get an email back saying they got them all!! I was absolutely blown away with their flexibility and attention to detail! Our uplighting was gorgeous and everyone raved about the live music!!! Thank you guys for being a huge part in making our wedding day perfect!!

Monica · Married on 07/30/2016

Joe, Dave & Omari were all amazing for our wedding this past July. The guys of Fine Tune Entertainment are so professional, down to earth and easy to work with. For us, we were looking for a DJ that assist us in customizing the sound and music of our whole wedding. Fine Tune is so versatile, and helped us put together an amazing wedding setup. They truly made our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception seamless. We got so many compliments from Family and Friends about our wedding DJ. They also have amazing, top of the line, audio equipment and lighting that really made a difference in our opinion. After being to so many weddings and sitting down with other DJ vendors it is clear that Fine Tune Entertainment is the cream of the crop.

Dan · Married on 07/22/2016

Joe and Fine Tune were TREMENDOUS. First, the unique combo of DJ for the reception and string jazz band for the cocktail hour was incredibly unique and Joe and his musicians were INCREDIBLE. Second, Joe's partner, Dave, mixed our first dance song AMAZINGLY beforehand and worked with us to make it exactly what we wanted. Lastly, Joe MC'd a tremendous party, taking into account our unique music taste and weaving in the classics along with it in the way we EXACTLY wanted. Picking a DJ is tough since aside from a conversation it is difficult to see how they'll actually run the party, and while we were impressed with Joe and Fine Tune's professionalism from our first conversation we were blown away by the final product.

Emily · Married on 06/25/2016

Fine Tune Entertainment was AMAZING! We couldn't have asked for anything more. They provided beautiful live music for our ceremony which was classical and elegant and then they kept us dancing all night long!! My husband and I decided to do an anniversary dance instead of tossing the bouquet. Joe and Dave were great about bringing up the lights and turning down the volume of the music to better accommodate my grandparents so they would be able to dance together. Their understanding helped to create a special moment for my husband and I as well as something my grandparents will never forget. Joe and Dave were very professional though the whole process and great about answering all of our questions and guiding us through the different decisions that helped us create our most perfect day!

Debra · Married on 04/30/2016

Dave and Joe of Fine Tune Entertainment are amazing! I highly recommend them. They were professional and very attentive throughout the whole wedding planning process. They promptly answered all my questions and made great musical suggestions. And to boot, they are extremely talented and well-versed musicians.
    We had live ceremony (classical guitar, trumpet, and Irish flute) with classical and modern covers. Dave and Joe also played live classical rock and Irish songs at our cocktail hour.
    They transitioned to DJs for the reception. My husband and I were amazed at how well Dave and Joe could read the crowd. I think it takes true talent to have the majority of the guests, ranging in age from the mid-twenties to mid-eighties, on the dance floor.
    Dave and Joe exceeded all our expectations. They are genuinely awesome people and we could not have imagined better entertainment at our wedding.

Gina · Married on 10/10/2015

Joe and Dave MADE our wedding night. They played at our cocktail hour - jazz trio with gypsy jazz - and they were our DJs at the reception.

We were getting comments from our wedding guests all night about how amazing they were! The cocktail hour music was flawless. We did a first look and were lucky enough to enjoy some of it. My husband is a guitarist and I am a classically trained vocalist and were extremely impressed with their sound as well as their professionalism.

They read our crowd perfectly and designed the flow of the playlist we supplied them with perfectly. Not to mention - they were the EASIEST vendor to work with. Their attitude was awesome, they are just cool fun guys. Joe hooked us up with a great price staying within the budget I gave him.

I asked him if we could have Amber uplighting and they didn't actually have it yet (only a few colors) but were planning to invest in equipment that had Amber and a bunch of other color choices for 2016. After I asked them for Amber they actually went and purchased it! They were just so friendly and accomodating.

We loved working with Fine Tune and will recommend them to everyone.