Fig Tree Catering Reviews

14 | Reno, NV

14 Reviews for Fig Tree Catering

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2017

Staff was SO NICE. Everything seemed to just happen, like magic. They didnt need reminders and were very communicative. I would recommend them for any event and/or occasion

Sent on 07/04/2017
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 06/28/2014

Fig Tree Catering made adjustments cheerfully as my budget declined and my guest list mushroomed. The guests were told it was buffet, and SEVERAL made a point to let us know later how good the food was. The only complaint I have is that we needed leftovers for the after party the next day and there weren't any...

Sent on 07/07/2014

Allison · Married on 11/11/2011

Everyone loved the food at our wedding!!! Kim is awesome and so easy to work with, I would use the Fig Tree for any catering event

Sent on 12/06/2011

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2011

Thanks Kim for everything :) Our guests absolutely loved the food and so did my husband! and I (We actually got to eat!!)

We were stuck in a rut (went with the WRONG catering company and Kim saved our wedding!) She not only took over our contract but she worked with us on cost so we did not loose what we had already paid the other company. We are grateful for such an act of kindness and for that we choose to write this review.

We also would like to say that we felt Fig Tree was Very professional. They served delicious, hot food and plenty of it and they took care of everything that they were supposed to have. Our guests also really liked the bartender that Kim provided.

Bottom Line: When you have a wedding, the food is hugely important. If you want your guests to leave feeling as if your wedding food was Amazing, go with Fig Tree! I should also add that my husband is a bit of a foodie as he cooks for a living; therefore, if he loved it, you will too :)

Sent on 08/30/2011
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2010

We, and all of my guests, loved Fig Tree Catering. They were ready on time, everyone's food was hot, there were plenty of options. We had a buffet with Chicken Dijon, Carving Station (manned by a chef) with Tri tip, pasta, salad, rolls and several passed appetizers. The food was reasonably priced but very good. I was really impressed with Kim's professionalism, her food and her staff. I have no complaints whatsoever. I would recommend her and her staff without reservation. Thank you!

Sent on 09/17/2011

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2019

Food was a hit!!

We wanted to make sure we had amazing food since most all of our guests would be traveling for our wedding. We had SO many compliments on how decision the food was, a lot of people went back for 2nds and 3rds! The only thing we were upset about was the way they wrapped up our left overs, but the girls were amazing, Kim & Sarah are awesome and so flexible and the food was absolutely delicious! i would recommend them for anyone who is looking for a caterer!!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Kim and the team are great! They catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception and the food was delicious! Highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/30/2017

From the first phone call, Fig Tree Catering was extremely helpful in planning our food and beverage needs. We wanted a few unique things (special drinks at the bar, late night snack, etc.) and they were able to make it easy to pull off. They would answer any questions via phone or e-mail within 1-2 business days, which is tough to pull off during summer wedding season.

Our package included: pre-ceremony beverage station, cocktail hour + passed appetizers, custom bar service incl. ice and some disposable cups (we provided the alcohol/other beverages, they served), plated salad, buffet style dinner, cake cutting/service, late night snack (mac and cheese!), coffee station.

Food quality was good. Tri-tip was excellent and got good feedback. Chicken, pasta, salad, side dishes were all good. Nothing to rave about food-wise but with a guest count of 150 it would be very hard to serve an above average meal within our budget.

Our biggest surprise (a good one!) was that the lead bartender consulted with the groom regarding alcohol service to some individuals during the night. They did this discreetly so it was not noticed by guests, but we appreciated them communicating with us so that we could keep the party going without guests getting too crazy with the open bar. We did not have to stop any service, just did a bit of monitoring so that the night proceeded smoothly. The custom bar was a hit!

Overall, I give Fig Tree Catering an A. They provided exactly what we were looking for: top notch service, good food, flexibility, and the ability to serve high quality beverages all night long (since we saved on overall catering and purchased our own alcohol).

Sent on 08/04/2015

Emily · Married on 06/20/2009

Kim and her staff were highly professional. Kim is an amazing chef who was flexible, accomodating, and fun to work with. The food at the wedding was not only hot, but delicious, which I thought was impossible for wedding food at an outdoor venue!

Sent on 07/20/2009

Kimberly · Married on 10/02/2010

1.0

I have mixed reviews about Fig Tree. Their food was excellent. However, they took all of our leftover food even though we provided coolers and ziploc bags for the specific purpose of keeping our leftovers after our wedding. We left the coolers and bags behind Fig Tree's staging area at the house we were having our wedding at. When we confronted Fig Tree about the leftovers they replied that they didn't know we wanted our leftovers, but don't worry they didn't throw our food away but instead fed their families with it. They never asked us if we wanted our leftovers and the wedding was at the groom's parents' house. Additionally, we had paid for an entire table of people who did not show up to our wedding and therefore we're pretty sure there was a substantial amount of food left that they took. Fig Tree never responded to our request for a partial refund for essentially taking our food without our permission. Additionally, Kim did not return my phone call or email the week before the wedding trying to confirm catering details. Therefore, although the food was excellent, they essentially lacked professionalism.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Christina · Married on 07/20/2007

3.0

The service was the worst I have ever encountered. However, the food was very delicious. All my guest commented on how wonderful the food was. The price of the food was a little high though.

Sent on 10/04/2007

2.8
      2.0

Dealing with the company prior to the wedding was great, they were responsive and helpful. At the wedding itself, for some reason, dinner was 45 minutes late. We were all done with pictures, and we had to wait 20-30 minuted for the caterers to be ready before we could enter the reception. I was told that they had to go get something. The food was very tasty, but the timeline threw everything off. We were disappointed.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Fig Tree Catering's reply:

I'm sorry that your dinner was late. I'm not sure which wedding this was in order to discuss this with the employees involved. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Bridgette · Married on 05/26/2018

1.2
      1.5
      1.0

I contacted them a week ago and was promptly sent a proposal for the services I desired. Our last email was set up for a tasting today in the afternoon but no definitive time was given so I called the office this morning to find out what time the tasting would take place. The owner answered the phone and I took a couple seconds in finding out her name from previous emails we had exchanged. She proceeded to “scold” me because I didn’t readily know her name and before I even got a chance to speak, hung up the phone on me. To say I was flabbergasted would be an understatdment. I quickly called her back and asked her why she was as rude as she was? To which she replied “I’m sorry but it’s slmost Christmas and I have all the companies calling asking for donations!” I stopped listening after that. The irony of it all. Yes, it is Christmas! The best time to be a little charitable! Don’t ya think? We were really looking forward to working with them for our daughters wedding but I guess our money isn’t good enough.....,

Sent on 12/22/2017