Fern Hill Golf Club Reviews

Fern Hill Golf Club 4
Fern Hill Golf Club 5

Kristina · Getting married on 10/23/2020

Amazing Service

Leah was amazing! Explained everything from pricing to the menus. Very welcoming!!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 09/15/2018

I highly recommend Fern Hill for your big day. Everything turned out absolutely perfect. Melissa in the main office was amazing, she answered all of my emails with questions within a couple of hours. They were very accommodating and made everything run smoothly.

Fern Hill Golf Club 6
    Fern Hill Golf Club 12
    Fern Hill Golf Club 13
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/24/2018

Fern Hill was the best decision we made for our ceremony & reception. Melissa and all the other girls were super accommodating to every request and very responsive. We had our wedding shower here as well and their staff did an incredible job at setting up and making sure everything flowed smoothly. The food was amazing and the day of our wedding we had a staff member on site to help run the ceremony and reception and make sure we stayed on schedule and no one got lost or confused (managing a bridal party is not easy to do!) They almost made everything too easy for us and I am so thrilled with how everything turned out. Would highly recommend to couples looking for an affordable place that delivers all the bells and whistle and then some!

Fern Hill Golf Club 14
    Fern Hill Golf Club 15
    Fern Hill Golf Club 16
    Sent on 09/02/2018

ashley · Married on 03/31/2018

Fern Hill was amazing!! We had our wedding in the off season so we got money off per/plate on a Saturday. We also had the ceremony here as well and everything turned great. We had to go to two different food tasting. The first time the food wasn't good. The second time we chose two different entrees to try and we loved them. Everyone at our wedding complimented us on how good the food was. I mostly spoke with Leah in regards to everything with the wedding. She was good to work with and made sure everything was taken care of. I did call and ask a lot of questions. Sometimes no one picks up the phone to leave a message and they'll get back with you. My bridal party had Nancy for the rehearsal dinner and the day of the wedding. She was great! For the ceremony we had Nick he made sure everything went smooth. He was great as well. I would definitely recommend having a wedding at Fern Hill.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Antoinette · Married on 10/14/2016

Fern hill was such an amazing venue! It was very affordable, the staff and service was great! We used the outdoor ceremony space. It was so beautiful I couldn't have asked for a better venue. My guests raved about the food. Most said it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Fern hill was amazing you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/27/2016

brittney · Married on 06/18/2016

Fern hill is a beautiful venue, I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception here. Everyone who was at my wedding has been ranting and raving about how beautiful the venue was and how the food was amazing, I have been to so many weddings where the food was awful and this was definitely the best wedding food I have ever had! The staff at Fern Hill are very accommodating and helpful! They are awesome! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Fern Hill Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Brittany! We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding at Fern Hill! We loved having you and your guests here! :)

They have been great helping me plan my wedding! They had advice for other vendors in the area which is very helpful! Their staff is very informative and answer you back very qiuckly!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Kirsten · Married on 06/07/2014

Fern Hill was a perfect choice for the wedding. I ended up creating a unique package for my wedding and the owners quoted me a price FAR below what I would have paid elsewhere. The service staff was friendly and fast, the event managers were both flexible and a pleasure to work with, and the food was terrific. We had an upgraded martini bar that was supposed to last two hours, but it ended up being at least 3-4 hours. I am so glad that we went with this location. We got so much more, above and beyond what we thought we would be able to have.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Excellent food and service. I love the girl who is in charge of booking weddings. She is the best.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 07/27/2013

They were AMAZING! They were great to work with, before the event and during. It was obvious that they truly cared about our wedding going well. The food was amazing. The manager of the evening even rushed around to get stain remover supplies for me to hide a stain on my dress. To list everything they did that made me happy... you'd be reading for forever. This place is a wonderful place for a wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Jen · Married on 05/17/2013

What a great place and excellent food. We had wonderful staff to accommodate and exceed our expectations. Everyone was easy to work with and we are pleased to have chosen them for our reception.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Jan · Married on 06/18/2011

We love Fern Hill Country Club!!!! From the wedding planners to the managers, they made us feel like we were V.I.P.'s and family. From the linens, to the china, chair covers and sashes, the bar tenders and wait staff - they just saw to our every need the night of the wedding.
    The food was FABULOUS! We had a family style service with wedding soup, salad, pastas, and entire meal - everything was delicious. From the salad having a "lightly" tossed dressing to the chicken marsala - made with real marsala wine to the beef tenderloin, everything was mouth watering and totally satisfying. If you needed anything extra with dinner they delivered on the stop.
    When our vendors needed extra tables they appeared like magic.
    You cannot find a better venue in Macomb County, resonable priced, super fantastic service - Kudos to the owners - they know what they are doing!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Kristal · Married on 08/28/2010

The staff at Fern Hill was exceptional, they were so friendly, helpful and professional. The food was amazing! The Gazebo and Golf Course provided us with such beautiful pictures. Everyone of our guests had a great time.

Sent on 09/06/2010

Sara · Married on 09/29/2007

They are a little more expensive them some of the other venues in the area but well worth it. The service was excellent, they accomodated our needs, and the food was excellent! Have been to other weddings and events there and they have all turned out beautifully.

Sent on 01/07/2008

Emily Catallo · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing Food!

Number one compliment we got about the wedding was the absolutely amazing food. We had the braised boneless short ribs and ..... oh. my. goodness. They were phenomenal! You didn't need a knife - they fell apart with a fork. We married during off season which means we got either $5 off per plate or $10 worth in upgrades - it saved us so much! There was no extra charge to get married on a Saturday either, so that was fantastic. We had the Princess room which fit 130-175 guests. We had more RSVP no's than anticipated, so we only had 120 and still had to pay for the 130 minimum. Overall, still very happy with the service. We primarily worked with Leah who was so so amazing. We had our two week final consultation exactly two weeks before the wedding where we decided on a sweetheart table. Less than a week before - we changed our minds and wanted a head table instead. Leah was accommodating and switched it for us last minute at no charge. Not to mention she was so incredibly sweet. All of the gentlemen working the wedding were great as well and seemed to have smiles from beginning to end. Our bartenders were also pretty good and one even joined us on the dance floor at the end of the night! We would absolutely recommend Fern Hill to anyone looking to have a great party!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Laicee · Married on 08/27/2016

Everyone told us that the food was awesome! The hall was great. We had a few minor issues with some final touches the day of the wedding but I called the next day and the staff apologized. The only sad part is my cake topper and cake were thrown out at the end of the night. I'd say overall a wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Everything went very well, food turned out awesome and all guests had a great time.

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • W

Chrissy · Married on 11/08/2008

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Fern Hill was such a pleasure to work with! They put you first and do everything in their power to make your big day perfect- and all with a smile on their faces. Doris and Lance are tops, as is the waitstaff and everyone else we worked with! The food is delicious, the reception packages are a great value, and they have great recommendations and contacts. If you want a venue that is not pretentious and genuinely cares about the customer, Fern Hill is #1!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Amy · Married on 06/28/2015

Very pleased with this reception venue for our wedding. Melissa was very courteous, professional, and flexible with all of our questions and requests. I never had to wait long for a response from her and the rest of the staff was very friendly as well. Their prices are reasonable and they let you know of any concerns you may have or want to consider since the venue is located on a golf course. I've been to this venue for other events (showers, banquets, etc.) and have been pleased each time with the service.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Alicia · Married on 06/25/2010

3.0

We had our ceremony and reception at Fern Hill in June. We worked with Lance and he was absolutely amazing. If I was reviewing just him, he'd get all 5s for sure! However, there were times when Lance wasn't in the office and the other staff was just not on top of things like he was. If you decide to go with Fern Hill, DEFINITELY ask for Lance!

The outdoor ceremony was beautiful. Only thing Fern Hill didn't follow through with was closing off the cart path near the gazebo. There were carts zipping around the corner during our ceremony and we were promised that would not be the case. There were also some very loud people in the parking lot (right next to us) during the ceremony. I was hoping that someone from Fern Hill would ask them to quiet down, but no one was around to help.

The reception was absolutely beautiful. I had some special requests of how the tables should be set up, and they accommodated us very well. Lance did a fabulous job at our final meeting. He even took us in the ballroom and moved tables around so we could get the visual of what we were going for. We got great feedback from our guests about the food and service. I was extremely pleased with how the reception turned out. I liked it so much that I booked my high school's 10 year reunion with them as well.

The value for cost at Fern Hill is unbelievable. It is by far the best price that I found in the metro area. They have packages that include everything (Ultimate Wedding Package) so that you're not getting nickled and dimed for every little thing you want to add on. Things like chair covers, centerpieces, valet, premium bar, appetizers, dessert table, late night pizza, etc. were all included in the price. Can't beat that!!

Overall, I was very pleased with Fern Hill and I would definitely recommend them for a wedding reception venue. I will always remember the fabulous day we had and they made it all possible.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Shannon · Married on 10/11/2009

Great Food, Great Value, gorgeous scenery for pictures

Sent on 11/15/2009

Hayley · Married on 12/17/2016

Fern Hill was the perfect choice for our budget. The food there is absolutely delicious and we haven't stopped getting compliments since our wedding. Working with the Wedding Consultants, they were absolutely flexible to work with our schedules and helped set up everything. The only issue I had was that my husband and I were not asked throughout the night if we needed anything. We had a wait staff help us make our plates but never saw them after.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Stacy · Married on 04/14/2007

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

Fernhill was a great choice for us to have our reception. They had great prices and offered a beautiful room for us. We were able to use the golf course for pictures and had wonderful food. Though I had a hard time getting a hold of people who worked there, they were very professional and friendly.

Sent on 11/07/2007

Keli · Married on 10/01/2016

3.6
      3.5
      2.5

The people are very easy to work with, but they are not very flexible. They only allow one ceremony per day, and aren't willing to let you use other places on site. Which was a bummer since the other bride took the other room and ceremony site before I did. Seems silly to only have one 30 min ceremony per day. I was willing to do mine early, but no luck.

Sent on 12/11/2015

3.4
      3.0

We recently had both our shower and our wedding at Fern Hill. We switched from another hall to Fern Hill because they offered a better value and had more to offer. Their venue was beautiful and the food was amazing. We arrived at the shower to find that they had not set up enough tables and seats for the amount of guests we would be having. The roof was leaking because it was pouring rain and it was leaking on our guests, we had to move tables around to avoid the rain. The dishes and silverwear was dirty and our guests were complaining. After speaking with the staff the next day about the issues they promised the wedding would go off without a hitch and everything would be perfect. The ceremony outside was beaufiul and they set up a very nice located. The day of the wedding the weather was hot but with no rain so we were grateful. However, the room we booked for the wedding was unbearably hot. The staff informed us the air was as low as it could go but it was still a stiffling 75 degrees. Guests were leaving, not eating, and going outside to get some relief when the rain storm came. Then it came time for the cake. We had purchased multiple torte cakes and the staff dropped 2 of them. Then the cake platters were rented and 3 of them disappeared. They did reimburse us for the $50 cake tray rental and for the 2 cakes that were dropped. We purchased 2 additonal bottles of liquor that the guests did not know about because it was under the bar. When the late night snack and coffee came out, guests did not know if was there because the staff didn't let anyone know and it was hidden in the back corner of the room. Needless to say we had multiple issues with this venue and the wedding did not go off without hitch as promised.

Sent on 08/29/2015