Fermata Music Reviews

80 | Columbus, OH

80 Reviews for Fermata Music

Kristopher M. Kipp · Married on 02/16/2019

Exceptional!

Easy to work with. Exceptional communication. Musicians very talented and professional! Exceeded all expectations. Many compliments by wedding guests about the cocktail hour and reception music! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/02/2019

Kaitlin · Married on 09/08/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with the team at Fermata Music! Our guests absolutely loved them and it made the ceremony so much more magical! I highly recommend them if your looking for that personal touch on your wedding day!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Linda · Married on 05/12/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Fermata Music. Helpful, attentive and accommodating. They added just the right touch to our evening making it an affair to remember!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Micaela · Married on 04/14/2018

Our wedding ceremony music was so beautiful thanks to the string duo we used from Fermata. They were flexible and played the special songs we wanted included for our special day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Troy · Married on 10/14/2017

Fermata was the perfect addition to our special night! Mitch was amazing to work with and the band was reasonably price and everyone enjoyed the heck out of them! If you want an alternative to a typical DJ-style reception, look no further than Fermata

Sent on 11/23/2017

Hunter · Married on 06/24/2017

They string quartet was excellent for our wedding ceremony, and then they also played for our cocktail hour. Very easy to work with, and set everything up without a hitch and performed great. Would definitely recommend this group.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Adam · Married on 05/06/2017

We tasked the musicians at Fermata with a range of requests consisting of classic rock, movie scores, and current popular songs. They translated all into a beautifully sounding string quartet that made our ceremony truly one of a kind. I would recommend anyone looking for their own personal musical touch to consult with Fermata first and foremost!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Marcie · Married on 04/15/2017

I am so happy that I chose Fermata Music to perform at my wedding. Mitch was incredible to work with - very flexible and very good at explaining their services and options. The pianist and the violinist we hired for our wedding did a wonderful job and were enjoyed by all. I received many compliments on them. They were professional, well-dressed, and if there were any issues with setting up or figuring anything out at the venue, I didn't know. I would HIGHLY recommend Fermata Music!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Susan · Married on 03/10/2017

For my son's rehearsal dinner, we hired Fermata Music to play background music for the event. We had the piano and upright bass. I can't say enough about the entire experience from my first phone call with Mitch to the musicians. I was concerned because all of the arrangements were made by phone with the event in Columbus and us living in Chicago. But, I should never have worried. The musicians were set up when I got to the venue and the music fit perfectly with the crowd. I would recommend them to anyone having an event of any kind in Columbus! It will be the easiest and best part of your event!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2016

If I could rate Fermata music higher than a 5, I most definitely would. Everything about Fermata music is top notch! From the beginning to the end, Mitch provides clients with outstanding customer service, speedy response to emails, and extreme professionalism. We had a solo violin for the ceremony and DJ for reception. I initially wanted a swing band, but due to our venue size and sound restrictions, Mitch gave us a few different options on what could work at our wedding venue. I changed my mind a dozen times and this never fazed Mitch at all. He never got frustrated, all he wanted was happy clients! I love that he took the time to call me and have an actual phone conversation, this helped so much as we had a very specific type of music we wanted. I was concerned about having a DJ as I generally think they are a bit cheesy, but our DJ was awesome and quite classy. Our violinist was amazing and everyone commented about how talented he was. I truly felt like the music set the tone for our wedding. Mitch understands customer service like no other; he made the planning process stress free and he never got annoyed when I made last minute changes. He is extremely prompt when replying to emails and phone calls as well. Hiring Fermata music was one of the best decisions we made vendor wise for our wedding and we recommend them a million times over!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/24/2015

Mitch with Fermata was a pleasure to work with! He was professional and responsive. He worked with me and my wedding planner to create a beautiful and unique ceremony! He perfectly combined traditional and modern pieces to fit my wedding! I definitely recommend working with Fermata Music!

Sent on 11/22/2015

They did an amazing job for my outside wedding! The music and talent were wonderful!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Alexandra · Married on 08/29/2015

They did amazing! I cannot believe how well they did, they truly set the tone for our wedding!!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Doug · Married on 08/22/2015

We had a string trio from Fermata perform the music for our ceremony, and they did a tremendous job. The director Mitch Matthew was very professional and easy to work with, and the musicians complimented our ceremony perfectly. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Angela · Married on 08/21/2015

Honestly, out of every other vendor we worked with Fermata Music was the best. I was a little worried at first because I really wanted to meet them in person and have a rehersal before the wedding, but there really was no need for that. They were AWESOME and very professional. I didn't have to worry about their set up or time or music- they had everything put together and in order for our wedding day. Some vendors ask tons of questions and honestly kinda bother you on your wedding day, but fermata music made my wedding ceremony that much more enjoyable because it really was a stress-free process. You can just tell they are expereinced at what they do. I would defineltey recommend them- I now completely trust their work lol. They deserve 5 stars.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Nichole · Married on 08/15/2015

We hired Fermata Music to play the music during the ceremony. Mitch was wonderful. He was so helpful and asked questions and provided suggestions which was great since I didn't know what I was doing. He told us which songs we wanted would sound best with a stringed instrument as opposed to a brass one so we got the best sound possible. Everyone raved about how great the music was! I'm so glad we hired Fermata. Mitch put me at ease through the entire process.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Meg · Married on 08/15/2015

Very professional service provided, made our ceremony very romantic with a piano and chello in our woods setting. Would highly recommend! Arrived in a timely manor, director of the company is very good at his job and didn't miss a single detail. Played every piece right on cue :)

Sent on 12/11/2015

Laura · Married on 08/15/2015

Mitch and everyone at Fermata Music were really incredible. We really wanted a live music swing band for our wedding, but were not sure we could afford this. Mitch thoroughly answered our million questions and worked closely with us to figure out the exact timing of everything in the transitions. If I could give a 7 for flexibility, I would. This flexibility not only made everything easier, but also just meant we could fit the music to the wedding's schedule. From the timing, to the discreet set up, to letting us pick and choose which instrumentation we wanted, they were absolutely amazing.

Additionally, they accommodated all of special requests. This included playing the specific songs for our special dances in the style that we wanted (for example, playing Ain't Misbehavin' as our first dance in the style of Fats Waller's version). They did this masterfully and everyone enjoyed the quality of the music. At the very last minute we even asked if they could announce us to the Rocky theme song and they made it happen, which made me ridiculously happy.

I would book them again for an event in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/27/2016

Mitch at Fermata Music was so wonderful!! He was easy to work with and answered my (many, many) questions promptly and knowledgeably.

He helped us choose songs that were perfect for our reception, and he let us pick a few custom songs, with a nominal fee for rehearsals and sheet music.

Our piano player, Randy, was fantastic! He's such a talented musician, and our guests loved the elegant atmosphere he helped to created.

Hands down, I would recommend going with Fermata over a traditional wedding DJ any day. Your guests will have an incredible time!

Sent on 12/05/2015

R. H. Henry · Married on 07/20/2015

Fermata Music provided an absolutely incredible band to make our special day perfect. OK Maybe has got to be the best wedding band I have ever heard. I have never seen people hit the dance floor so quickly and for so long. It is a rare combination when the venue says it is the best band they have ever had and the band says it is the best crowd.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Kylie · Married on 07/04/2015

Fermata was an excellent choice for our wedding ceremony! Mitch helped us select the instruments (classical guitar and violin) that would work best with our space. He also arranged for a special song to be played as a processional. I'm so glad we spent the extra money to have live music at our ceremony. I would recommend them 100 times over!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Jaquelyn · Married on 06/13/2015

Great group for ceremony music! Very professional!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Nikki · Married on 11/01/2014

Mitch at Fermata music was very accommodating and helpful when it came to picking out music.The whole process couldn't have been easier. The musicians the day-of were on time, professional and SOUNDED GREAT!
    You will not regret booking thru Fermata Music for your wedding day! I would hire them again in a heartbeat. (Wedding Nov 2014)
    We used a trio for the ceremony itself and a classical guitar duo for the cocktail hour. Simply awesome.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Chelsey · Married on 10/24/2014

Mitch Matthew and the whole team at Fermata were a pivotal part of making our day so special. Fermata provided the string ensemble for the ceremony, jazz combo for the cocktail hour, pianist for dinner hour and the DJ for dancing and celebration. All of the musicians were excellent. Fermata works with talent from the Columbus symphony and local jazz musicians who are all extremely talented and professional.

Pete Downhour was our DJ and he was very polished, a great MC, and played a nice variety of music for dancing. Pete even helped me with a special project for my father/daughter dance that required some pre-wedding preparation. Pete helped us pull off a little number that I've been told was "You Tube Worthy!"

Mitch Matthew was our mucial coordinator from Fermata, and he was extremely helpful in guiding us through the process and helping us to pick musical selections and musicians to fit our needs. The most amazing thing about Fermata's services is, on the day of the wedding all of the musicians and Fermata team members are so good at what they do that from the bride and groom's perspective, you don't even know they are there until they magically start playing music! It was amazing, like something out of a movie.

So many of our guests commented on how wonderful all of the music was, and how much they loved it.

My philosophy on throwing a good party is that you can't throw a good party without good music. The music MAKES the party. People are going to remember maybe three things about your wedding, and you want one of those three memories to be how awesome the music was. Fermata will make that happen in a couple easy steps. It is literally one stop shopping for all your musical needs. Choose Mitch & his team at Fermata, and chose Pete Downhour for your DJ. You will not regret it, and they are worth every penny.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Lesya · Married on 10/18/2014

Mitch was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed his singing and he was very organized.

Sent on 12/28/2014