Harvest Catering & Events Reviews

136 | Rocky Hill, NJ

136 Reviews for Harvest Catering & Events

Diane · Married on 07/31/2016

Interview the sales agent who helps you with choices to find out what is best for your event. Be open and ask many questions to be sure you get all you need for your special day or party.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Main Street Fine Catering is a top-notch operation in every way. After a wonderful experience having them cater our first daughter's wedding 5 years ago, we would not have considered using anyone else for our second daughter's wedding at the end of September.. Despite challenging circumstances this time at a unique venue, Teri Lands and her wonderful staff created a fabulous menu & prepared and served absolutely delicious horsd'oeuvres, dinner, & dessert.... alll with professionalism and a smile. Our 260 guests continue to tell us what a special meal it was. I can't wait for our next wedding to be able to work with Main Street again!

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • User5520418 · 2+ years ago

I received excellent service from Main Street Catering. Everything was perfectly done, I highly recommend Main Street Catering for your wedding! The food was amazing, we served "family style" instead of a plated dish which all the guests loved. The staff who helped us plan our wedding were all highly responsive to all of our needs, the wait staff on the day of our wedding was also terrific.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Salvatore · Married on 07/25/2015

Main Street was an amazing catering company. They had great food, and attended to our guests like pros. Best catering in the area...easily!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Salvatore · Married on 07/25/2015

Amazing catering and guest services. Delicious food and drink, and servers anticipated our guests' every need! There is no better catering and wedding service out there.

Sent on 10/24/2015
  • W

William · Married on 10/18/2014

Teri and the entire team at Main Street Catering are the reason our day turned out as incredible as it did. Do yourself a favor, save yourself a lot of time and energy, make an appointment with them and leave your deposit. There is a reason they are top of their class year in and year out.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2014

Teri and her crew at Main Street are phenomenal in every sense of the word. My husband and I worked with Teri for months via email and telephone and felt that she was truly dedicated to creating an amazing day for us. She is a true professional and she knows how to execute an amazing wedding from soup to nuts all while making you feel like you are her only client!

Why are they different? Main Street is more than just a caterer. They help you literally plan your wedding every step of the way: Pick out linens, tables, chairs, design the reception space, plan your menu, determine colors, flowers, etc. Teri has so many connections with vendors in the Princeton area, many of which we used for our wedding. They were all wonderful and were of the same elite caliber as Main Street.

The food: We chose Main Street initially because we read amazing reviews about their best food, and let me tell you, this couldn't be more true. Months later, guests from my wedding are still raving about Teri's food. Teri helped me come up with an amazing fall menu, she catered to specific diet requests, and she made every dish delicious and memorable. Teri even baked a HUGE loaf of bread that had our initials branded into it...as total surprise!

I would recommend Teri & Main Street to ANYONE. They are top notch and you would be hard pressed to find anyone that can rival them. Teri is down to earth, calming, unbelievably accommodating, and she works amazing under pressure.

The price: Main Street can be a little pricier than some other caterers that offer service for $80 a person, but trust me, they are worth it ALL THE WAY! Main Street gave us incredible food, incredible service, and the best wedding we could have asked for.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Sabrina · Married on 10/04/2014

We have been loyal customers at the Main Street Cafe for years. When our daughter was planning her wedding at the Mountain Lakes House in Princeton, we inquired about their catering service.
    Right from the start it was a pleasure to work with Joy on the details. Joy was very helpful and professional and really helped to make our vision come true. She responded to all our question promptly.
    The wedding was great and the team of Main Street Fine Catering did a wonderful job of catering the event. The hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour were divine, everything was so delicious. The staff came by frequently and the guests enjoyed themselves. The dinner was served on time and promptly. We received a lot of compliments on the food. Joy, Liz and the entire catering team were very attentive and helpful. They did a very good job of with the clean-up. We highly recommend Main Street Fine Catering to anyone who loves great food and excellent service.
    John & Karin K. (Parents of the Bride)

Sent on 10/27/2014

Barbara · Married on 09/27/2014

Main Street Catering was excellent in the planning and execution of my daughters wedding. The food, presentation and service were excellent!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2014

Main Street was a wonderful choice for our wedding caterer, who also made our insanely delicious wedding cake (chocolate with butter-cream frosting, mocha butter-cream, and cappuccino mousse). They were very familiar with our venue (Grounds for Sculpture), and worked well with the GFS staff behind the scenes. They listened to our wants and needs and even baked a wedding favor for the guests last minute. My husband and I were proud to have them as our caterer and felt so privileged since their food is so yummy!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Cassie · Married on 04/27/2014

We were blown away by the service that Main Street provided for our wedding at Mountain Lake House in Princeton. They were among the list of recommended vendors for the venue and they were by far the best choice. We worked with the event coordinator Kendra and from the very beginning, she was spectacular. My husband and I are crazy about breakfast food and she worked with us to create a custom menu for our guests. The food was awesome. The presentation was beautiful and it tasted amazing. Everyone was raving about our freshly fried donuts for desert! Main Street provided full service catering for our venue and handled all of the party rentals likes tables and chairs and linens. Kendra picked out the perfect linens to go with our wedding colors without me needing to lift a finger to help. She was very prompt in getting back to us vial email whenever we had questions (which was often). She made us feel completely at ease because her confidence and professionalism made it apparent from the beginning that she was going to knock it out of the park. And she did! You will not find better quality food and service for the price. We owe the entire Main Street staff a huge THANK YOU! You made our wedding great.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Jenn · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Teri and the Main Street Staff! The food was AMAZING and the service was perfect!! Teri was great throughout the whole planning process and was wonderful at coordinating with the other vendors (DJ, photographer, florist, etc.) to execute the perfect night. I would recommend Main Street for any event!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2013

Joy and Main Street Fine Catering helped make our wedding day so unbelievably special. She and her team went above and beyond to make sure the centerpieces we brought in along with the favors and other details came together exactly how I envisioned it. It actually looked even better than it had in my mind. Joy was so kind, helpful, and reassuring, as was her staff. And the FOOD! My god the food. It was amazing. All of our guests raved about the filet mignon and chardonnay chicken. And I am sitting here eating the leftover risotto beet cakes that also blew everyone's mind. The event coordinator at our venue said Main Street is so consistent, and that is what I was looking for on our wedding day. Everything was beautiful and delicious. I had even asked Joy two days before the wedding if we could bring in a lava cake for my husband with ice cream and she accommodated my request with no questions asked. They even went above and beyond because the venue did not have a freezer so someone had to run out before the cake cutting to get the ice cream in time. I am so grateful to all the hard work that went into our wedding, and my husband and I are just beside ourselves with how amazing everything was. We highly recommend Main Street.

Sent on 09/08/2013
  • ConteCourtis

Maria-Elena · Married on 06/29/2013

We feel truly blessed to have been able to work with Main Street Catering and want everyone to know just how wonderful they are! Our reception was recently held at The Morris Museum, and it could not have been more perfect thanks to Teri and Kendra! Right from the beginning they were able to help us brainstorm and problem solve everything from the decor, the food, table arrangements- and they did so with experience and professionalism. We were able to collaborate with them in putting together our jewel toned place settings which turned out exquisite! Both Teri and Kendra completely understood our vision and ran with it!

They also brought to the table a whole roster of fantastic vendors of which were also at our disposal. We had an amazing DJ, a fantastic photographer and an unbelievable artist for our invitations. The artwork for the invites were so amazing that two guests decided to frame them and give them as gifts. Everyone single guest ran up to us and said it was THE best wedding they had EVER been to!

Main Street helped customize a diverse menu that allowed my wife (who is vegetarian) and some vegan friends to feel wonderfully satisfied which is no easy task at weddings. No one left hungry! To this day people continue to rave about the food!

Kendra made sure that the food was magnificent and brilliantly displayed at cocktail hour. She ensured that everything that could have been an issue was taken care of in advance and our event went smoothly! The wait staff were wonderfully accommodating as they served mouthwatering entrees family style. We fully intend to refer Main Street to family and friends and we now consider them our personal caterer forevermore!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

We worked with Main Street Catering and Teri for our wedding in the East Gallery of Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. Main Street and Teri were easily the best vendor we worked with (along with our photographer) through all of our planning. Main Street was not only our caterer but also ended up essentially being our day of coordinator and our day was flawless as a result.

All of the food Main Street served was unbelievable. We actually received emails from friends after the wedding saying the mac and cheese app was the best thing they had ever tasted. My fiancé is from Philly so having a cheese steak appetizer was extremely important. Main Street created this dish especially for us with no questions asked and at no additional cost. Friends and family also raved about the filet, salmon, and lemon gnocchi entrees – all were delicious and very well received.

Main Street is incredibly attentive to details and proactively thought through all aspects of our day, at times even before we had. Our reception site was a blank canvas and we had to bring everything, which could have easily been an overwhelming experience. However, Teri and Main Street were so organized every step of the planning we always felt as though the details of our big day were under control.

Main Street’s wait staff was also incredibly kind and attentive. One waitress approached us as soon as we entered the cocktail hour and offered to get us drinks. Another waitress offered to set aside a plate of appetizers and food for us to eat after the cocktail hour, recognizing that we would likely not have a chance to eat during cocktails.

I cannot praise Teri and her team enough – they truly made our day so perfect for us. Any bride and groom would be lucky to have Main Street cater their wedding, both because of the delicious food and the attentive service. Truly an amazing group to work with!

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 04/27/2013

Our wedding was at Ashford Estate in April. When we booked the venue, we had a choice of two caterers: Main Street or Merrimakers. We chose Main Street after our tasting with them because there was absolutely no comparison! Our tasting was one on one with Teri Lands and her team, which made the whole experience really personalized. They even baked us a mini wedding cake (of our favorite flavor) to taste. They took our ideas and what food we liked from the tasting and came up with an incredible menu. Everything we could possibly want was included.

Main Street prepares the most amazing, delicious food. And everything was presented in such unique ways and will work with you for special requests. I wanted to include a vintage dessert bar and Teri worked with me to make my idea a reality. I absolutely loved the dessert bar.

All of our guests could not stop raving about how good the food was and how incredible the service from Main Street staff was. Everyone was so attentive throughout the evening. When we first went into cocktail hour, they made sure that we were able to try all of the plates available.

Teri and Main Street went above and beyond any caterer that I’ve worked with! Teri also acted as our wedding coordinator. She worked through all of my emails, indecisiveness, and changes to create such a beautiful wedding. They were able to set up additional decorations that I wanted throughout the estate. And Teri and her team made the day flow seamlessly, no matter what was thrown at them. We are so grateful that we chose Main Street for our wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2013

f we could give more than 5 stars, this caterer would get it. Now we know why they win awards year in and year out!

Our wedding was at The Ashford Estate in Allentown, NJ and it was flawless. Our coordinator, Teri Lands is worth her weight in gold. She truly has a passion for what she does and it shows. You would think it was her own wedding with the amount of attention she gives every detail. Nothing is left to chance.

The professional staff knew their jobs inside and out and was able to execute the evening like a beautiful dance. They smiled, made eye contact, anticipated needs and made each person feel so welcomed that not one guest wanted for anything the entire night. We would hire this company again and again.

The food was delicious and updated to today’s culinary standards while maintaining a farm fresh taste. Our result was elegant fine dining that appealed to EVERYONE. One of our guests is a chef and looks at all food with a very critical eye and advanced palette. He tried everything we had to offer and gave Main Street a huge 5 stars. Another guest is a retired caterer who went on and on about the perfect job Main Street did.

The presentation of the food was fantastic not frozen in time. The cocktail hour had several new and fun ways of displaying food options. All of the food was served at the correct temperature, hot was hot, cold was cold, warm was warm – nothing was off by even a little bit. Main Street has one hell of a chef!

The table hardscapes (glasses, dishes, linens) choices are limitless with Main Street. Once Teri had the “feel” of our wedding she put together combinations that were staggering in their beauty. The only problem we had was choosing between wonderful selections.

This company is so personable that now that the wedding is over, we feel like we are missing a few friends. If you want flexibility, dependability and unsurpassed quality then this company should be at the very top of your list.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Deedre · Married on 09/28/2012

I had my wedding at the Ashford estate and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful Main Street was to work with! Teri was awesome always easy to contact and able to provide whatever we wanted! The food was out of this world people are still talking about what high quality amazing fresh food that was served at our wedding! I would definitely recommend Main Street and Teri!!!

Sent on 12/15/2012

Lissa · Married on 09/22/2012

I feel lucky to have found Main Street Catering. First of all, the food was fantastic. People at the wedding could not stop talking about the food. More than a handful of people told me that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. I have been to many weddings- 7 this year alone and this was by far the best I've ever had. The quality of the food was outstanding. Furthermore, working with Main Street was nothing less than an extremely positive experience. We worked with Liz who helped us from the very beginning of the planning process to the very end of the wedding. She was amazing to work with. She was calm, patient, professional, had great ideas, respectful, and without her expertise, I am confident that the wedding would not have been the amazing success that it was. She genuinely cared about our wedding and that meant so much to my fiancee and I. Thank you, Liz and Main Street. It was truly a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Amber · Married on 09/22/2012

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Main Street was for our wedding. We got married at my parents' house and Teri took care of EVERYTHING right from the start. She started the planning process in August of 2011 and made the entire undertaking painless even while we were feeling very overwhelmed and had no concept in mind of how we'd want things to look. She helped us define what we wanted, hooked us up with tent and restroom vendors and then took care of everything else as though she was in an established venue. She was the day-of coordinator and kept the entire event on time. Her staff was extremely attentive and took excellent care of us and our bridal party (and my parents!) during pictures as well as throughout the night---from keeping us fed to making sure we took time to enjoy every moment. Finally, the food was fantastic and we've been getting raves from our guests for weeks. I would recommend Main Street to anyone looking for a fabulous and memorable night!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Kate A. · Married on 09/02/2012

Teri and Main Street Catering made our wedding day perfect! One of the biggest compliments we received was how great the food and service was. Teri made sure everything ran smoothly and was a huge resource during our planning. Her ideas helped to make our wedding much more special. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Alexa · Married on 09/01/2012

Teri went over and beyond at the Ashford Estate for my wedding. Everything was perfect and everyone raved about the food. I couldn't have imagined anything better than what Main Street caterers provided on.top of the service and how smoothly everything went. Teri thank you so much for making sure we got plates of food during our cocktail hour and that our dinner was hot for when we had a chance to eat! You really amaze me in how organized and calm you were through the whole event. I can't wait to have another event so I can call you and have some more of that delicious food and I miss you! Thanks again.for making our special day perfect ;)

Sent on 09/25/2012

Tom · Married on 08/11/2012

Main Street Fine Catering was a pleasure to deal with. From the initial sales meeting, all the planning meetings and the actual performance on the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly. The food (both cocktail hour and reception) was very delicious. The service (and the servers) were outstanding). And our rep, Teri, was exceptional. She paid attention to all the details, spoke with me when necessary during the reception, but allowed us to focus on our guests, and enjoying our daughter’s wedding.
    I would highly recommend Main Street Fine Catering to anyone having a celebratory event. All my daughters are now married, but if I had one more getting married, one of my first phone calls would be to Teri at Main Street.
    Thank you Main Street for helping make my daughter’s wedding day a very special event.

Sent on 08/18/2013
  • User2095725 · 2+ years ago

Main Street Catering did an unbelievable job on my wedding. We were lucky enough to work with Teri who not only made sure that our guests had the best food ever served at a wedding but she also served as a wedding coordinator and made sure the whole evening ran smoothly. When one of our guests brought their children without telling us in advance, Teri was amazing. She was completely gracious, thought on her feet and set up a card-table for them in the room. No one would have ever known that the table was not originally there.

Our menu was dairy only (vegetarian and fish) and we did stations. Main Street took our ideas and ran with them, creating the perfect menu. From the french fry bar to the ceviche station, our guests got to try a wide variety of food.

I am so glad that we used Main Street. Teri & the wait staff was attentive and made sure that we had everything we needed. My husband and I can say that we actually got to eat at our wedding.

Thank you Teri for making our wedding dreams come true! I assure you that you will have a fantastic experience from planning through the wedding with Main Street.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Niki · Married on 06/08/2012

We recently got married at the Ashford Estate. When we booked Ashford, we had two choices for catering: Main Street and Merrimakers. We went to both tastings, and the food comparison wasn't even close! We booked Main Street the next day. Everything we tasted was delicious! We were impressed with the creativity behind all the options presented to us. There weren't many items that were your traditional or typical wedding fare. There was a nice balance: not too different that our family wouldn't want to eat, but something that was not your typical boring wedding food. Also, I felt that the entrees were of restaurant quality, and didn't remind me at all of what "wedding entrees" are like.
    Once we began working with Teri, we felt fully confident that our wedding food was going to be great! She was super responsive and worked very hard at making sure that all of our details were taken care of. Although we chose some items from a template of items they suggest, we customized many dishes, including entrees. It was so nice to fully customize all of our wedding food, since we consider ourselves foodies. Because we both are from Italian families, we even had some traditional favorites that we knew our families would want to have included. On the day of the wedding, Teri was amazing to work with! She kept everything running smooth and seamless. During our receiving line, she brought my husband and I our specialty drink to sip on while we saw our guests. During the cocktail hour, the staff were always there to give us first tastes of the different options that were being served. The food was all served at the perfect temperature, and it was constantly being replenished - I saw all my guests eating and enjoying, but I never saw an empty tray. During the reception, the staff were incredible. They were very attentive to my guests, making sure that waters were replenished, wine glasses were full, and delivered food promptly to tables as they were ready. My guests raved about the food! Many told me that it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted! Many were asking me where they could get the recipe for certain food items they had tried.
    Of course the amazing food is a highlight when choosing a caterer, but truly the customer service that we received from Teri and the rest of the Main Street staff was really the main highlight. Teri was always very accommodating with whatever my special requests were, and was always very patient in times when I was feeling indecisive. We are so thankful to have had Teri to work with for our wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2012