Father Michael Messina Reviews

125 | Aurora, CO

125 Reviews for Father Michael Messina

• Laura

Laura Keegan · Married on 11/16/2019

Father Michael Messina truly made our wedding!

There are not enough good things to say about this kind, wonderful, professional and thoughtful priest - not to mention his great sense of humor! Father Michael officiated our wedding last weekend at the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, and was kind enough to walk us through a rehearsal the night before the ceremony. He got to know each of us, our personalities and vision for the ceremony itself over the months leading up to actually meeting him in person. He could sense some nerves, which were quickly gone thanks to his calming, funny and sensitive presence! Father Michael took the time to interact with our family and friends, and over the course of 24 hours he truly became part of our group! We were honored to able to say Father Michael Messina married us :)

Sent on 11/22/2019

Father Michael Messina's reply:

Thank you Laura it was such a pleasure to serve you and Dan and you both have wonderful families. Peace!
  • Diana

Diana Hinojosa · Married on 10/19/2019

Strongly recommend !

Father Messina was so wonderful to work with ! He was flexible, very professional, and has such a wonderful sense of humor that we very much appreciated. Everyone in my family loved him and I would strongly recommend him to others !

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Solazzo · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful Experience with Father Michael

Father Michael was awesome to work with. I was raised Catholic and my family is religious, and my husband's family is not very religious, so I was concerned about finding a ceremony that would make both sides happy. Our stuck pretty close to the traditional Catholic, except we had it in an outdoor courtyard, and it was only 20 minutes. Father Michael was super responsive, very easy to work with and really took to heart what we wanted for the ceremony. It turned out amazing and I was more than happy with how it went, and our families and guests also really enjoyed it. I would recommend Father Michael to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/04/2019

This is your guy!

Father Michael was absolutely amazing. I heard from both sides of the family that they loved his ceremony, and we are so grateful that he added some humor while also putting together the most special day. Father Michael was a fantastic choice for us, and I will recommend him for anyone. My (now) husband and I were raised Catholic, but we did not want to have our wedding inside a church, and Father Michael was able to accommodate for us. He really took the time to get to know us and let us completely personalize the ceremony. His idea of doing a wine box and love letters instead of a unity candle was absolute gold. We are so pleased with his work, I could rave all day about him. Thank you so much for contributing to the perfect day. We had so much fun.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Alexis Pappas · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Experience!

He was awesome and dealt with adversity in our ceremony with grace and professionalism!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/21/2019

Heartfelt and professional

Father Messina married my husband and I this last September 2019 in Vail and we couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony. Father Messina was organized, down to earth and took the time to get to know us and our families personally. It was truly an amazing day and Father Messina helped make it that. He’s a gem!

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/30/2019

Father Michael is a must have to your special day

Having Father Michael at our wedding was an absolute honor. Throughout the process he was very quick to respond and very easy to talk to. He brought a sense of humor along with grace to the ceremony. Many of our guests commented on the wonderful job he did too. We were very happy with the services provided. Father Michael is a must have to your special day.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Meyercord · Married on 08/12/2019

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony thanks to Father Michael!

Father Michael is absolutely amazing. My husband and I were new to Colorado, but as soon as we met with him, we knew we wanted him there on our special day. He walked us through everything we would need to do, and is extremely responsive with any questions you have. On top of that, his words were so beautiful during the ceremony that it made it smooth and special for us and all of our friends and family. Not only were we more than happy with everything, but so was everyone who attended and came up to compliment us on how wonderful Father Michael was. Thank you Father Michael for making our day more special than we could've hoped for!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Alexia

Alexia Chaparro · Married on 08/04/2019

Very great person to work with

Father Michael Messina was available for our wedding when I thought I would never be able to find a catholic priest that married outside of church. He did me the greatest favor and did and awesome job making our day very special.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Katte Carreon · Married on 08/01/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Father Michael was very helpful in planning our ceremony, preparing our ceremony booklets, and during the rehearsal. He was with us since the earliest stages of planning. For the actual ceremony, he gave a very beautiful homily that all our guests kept mentioning how beautiful the ceremony was and how they love the way Father Michael conducted the ceremony. We all feel blessed to have him at our ceremony!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Sarah Williams · Married on 07/05/2019

Personable & Professional - A Must Have!

Father Michael Messina was a great fit for our special day. He led a professional yet personable ceremony. He was punctual, friendly, and flexible with our schedules. He was very helpful on the day of ceremonies and the evening before.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie McCarthy · Married on 06/28/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Father Messina was such a blessing to have as the priest at our wedding. I am Catholic and my husband is Christian. We knew we wanted to have an outdoor wedding but wanted to keep it pretty traditional without having a full Catholic mass (most of our guests were not Catholic and many were not religious). From the first time we met with Father Messina I felt like a huge weight had been lifted and I knew immediately that we had found the right person. He was organized, professional, and really knows what he is doing (he had answers to our questions and advice that we probably would never have thought about). The ceremony was absolutely perfect and matched our wishes and our relationship perfectly. The emotion of the ceremony caused me to begin to cry and Father Messina was quick to lighten the mood and allow me to regian my composure without skipping a beat. We heard from many guests how great Father Messina was and had more than one person say it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever attended. I wholeheartedly recommend Father Messina for your wedding. It was a day we will never forget and it would not have been the same without him.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2019

Father Michael was everything we hoped for!

I would absolutely refer Father Michael for your wedding ceremony. He was very easy to work with and provided us with multiple options to customize the ceremony as our own. He included tidbits of how we met and our relationship, as well as a few anecdotes of his own that were relevant to love and marriage. We definitely got a few giggles as well! We received many compliments from our guests and parents about how wonderful he was. We had a smaller ceremony with about 48 guests and did not use a microphone - all of our guests could hear Father Michael and he had excellent projection!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Father Michael Messina's reply:

Hi Ashley - It was such an honor to serve you and I'm still amazed at the Wisconsin - Rockwall connections I had with your families. Peace!

Courtney · Married on 06/08/2019

exactly what we were looking for!

We were thrilled to have Father Michael as our wedding priest! Both of us were raised Catholic and appreciated the unique perspective Father Michael's background in the American Catholic Communities brought to our wedding preparation and marriage. He was very flexible in meeting with us and had optional marriage counseling included. We took his marriage survey and met with him after discussing the results ourselves, which we thought was very beneficial to sorting out some long-standing disagreements. Father Michael was very easy to work with, very professional, and accommodating to our schedules. We enjoyed his homily, and our families and friends enjoyed the ceremony as well. We would highly recommend Father Michael if you are looking for a priest in the Catholic tradition.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Shanae Stanton · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing job!

We had an amazing experience with Father Michael. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Jon Sommerfeld · Married on 03/16/2019

So easy to work with, helped the process move so smooth.

Very helpful! Wonderful service!

Sent on 04/01/2019

L J Michael Baird · Married on 11/24/2018

Lah Oman & Michael Baird Wedding

Fr. Michael was excellent. He was amenable to our needs and flexible in planning our wedding ceremony. The wedding ceremony he performed was exactly what Leah and I wanted. It was a moving, religious event, and Fr. Michael's homily was very personal and inciteful. The blessing of hands and the wine box and love letter ceremonies were a fitting completion to what will be for us a most memorable event. Leah and Mike Baird

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 09/30/2018

Father Michael was fantastic!

We absolutely loved working with Father Michael! Right off the bat, he provided all of the information you need to know about working with him. He was willing to travel to our venue AND do an outdoor ceremony, which you don’t find often with Catholic priests. He was very easy to talk with and also funny. His ceremony was fantastic! He made it personal to us and we were also able to incorporate aspects of a catholic mass (which both our families appreciated). After our ceremony, he sent in our marriage license which we thought was so nice of him to do as it was one more thing we could cross off our list. We’ve heard from so many guests and our families how much they enjoyed our ceremony and talking with Father Michael. Working with Father Michael truly exceeded our expectations, he was simply the best and made our ceremony so special.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Gaby · Married on 09/22/2018

Very wonderful experience, Father made sure everything went well. Beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Tina · Married on 09/16/2018

Father Michael was wonderful!! He did our pre-marital counseling and our wedding ceremony. He is very caring and made sure we were well-prepared during our premarital counseling. He is also very well-organized and has a lot of experience officiating. He helped us put together a really beautiful ceremony! We are so glad that we found Father Michael! He made our wedding day truly special.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

Our wedding was large, outdoor, and involved a multi-religion couple (Catholic/Christian). Father Messina was remarkable. From the moment we contacted Father Messina about officiating our wedding to the minute the wedding was over, Father Messina's service, professionalism, experience and care exceeded our expectations.

Father Messina took time to get to know my wife and I prior to the wedding. We could tell he genuinely cared about us and our wedding. Father Messina was able to incorporate personalized anecdotes of our relationship into our ceremony. The ceremony was thoughtful, personalized, and at appropriate times, funny!

Finally, Father Messina's experience was invaluable. He provided numerous suggestions that improved our ceremony and our wedding. Weddings are hectic. It was reassuring to know that we had Father Messina their officiating our wedding.

In short, Father Messina is a great speaker, a knowledgeable pastor, and a genuine person.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Heather · Married on 09/01/2018

Father Michael Messina recently officiated our Colorado wedding, and I cannot say enough great things. He was professional, always responded timely, and was beyond flexible. Seeing as my fiance and I were putting our wedding together ourselves, Father Michael's helpful and positive attitude was not only a huge stress reliever, but helped to make our wedding ceremony the memorable moment I always dreamed it would be. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Aubrey · Married on 08/25/2018

Father Michael married us last weekend (8/25/18) and we could not be happier! He was very laid back and organized about the whole process which was exactly what we were looking for. He was early for the rehearsal and the ceremony so we never had to worry. The ceremony went perfectly smooth, and we enjoyed the bits of humor he threw in as well!

After the wedding he grabbed our marriage certificate and mailed it into the county for us—it took one more thing off of our to do list and it was greatly appreciated!

Thank you Father!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Joe · Married on 08/18/2018

We were very pleased with how professional and genuine Father Michael was during and prior to our wedding. He offered advice and guidance whenever we needed it and encouraged our input to help make our special day truly magical! We highly recommend Father Michael to perform any type of ceremony you could dream up.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing experience with Father Michael! He did a great job with our ceremony, spun in some humor, and made it memorable. Very responsive overall and made sure we got everything in when we needed it. Would recommend working with him!

Sent on 08/24/2018