Father Michael Messina Reviews

132 | Aurora, CO

132 Reviews for Father Michael Messina

Ryan R. · Getting married on 06/10/2022

Father Michael is the best!

Father Michael was a pleasure to work with from the start. He met with us twice to go over our FOCUS test results and he provided great input to benefit our relationship. He was always quick to respond over email and easy to communicate with. He was very flexible to change plans and even dates, since we got married during Covid-19 and our wedding had lots of changes. He was very relatable and easy to talk to. We are so pleased with his services and we wouldn’t of wanted anyone else to bless our marriage under God!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Father Michael Messina's reply:

Thank you Ryan! You and Katie went through so much to make your wedding happen. It was a blessing and honor to be a part of your day - Peace!
  • Christian

Christian C. · Married on 09/20/2020

Vail wedding with a Father Michael

My fiancé and I reached out to Father Michael in hopes he would join us for our mountain top wedding and bless our marriage. We received an immediate reply with YES and wanting to schedule a phone call to get to know us better. From that first phone call, it was a great feeling and relationship. Father Michael truly made our wedding day so special, and for a couple that was getting married during times of uncertainty with COVID restrictions, he was committed and made us not only feel confident, but without even a chance to rehearse in person he made time to have a virtual rehearsal to feel comfortable without ever getting to meet. And as a anxious bride during this time, he answered all of my emails promptly and always reassuring everything would all be ok. I can not recommend Father Michael enough, he makes you feel like you’ve known him a lifetime!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2020

Wonderful Ceremony!

It was so great getting to know Father Michael. He was so helpful and provided great guidance throughout the whole process. Our ceremony was wonderful, Father Michael was great at engaging with our guests and put a smile on everyone's face. We are so lucky he was able to be part of our special day!

Sent on 08/19/2020
  • Erin

Erin T. · Married on 09/12/2020

Thank you, Father Michael!

Father Michael was so comforting from day one! As a fellow Wisconsinite, we jived immediately and his communication was stellar.  Coming from a Roman Catholic family, but wishing for an outdoor/ not as traditional church ceremony, Father Michael was the perfect fit for my new husband and I! We appreciated getting to know him along the way and we are so grateful for the beautiful ceremony he officiated for us. He was relatable and humorous with our guests. 100% would recommend Father Michael; we are so glad we found him!!

Sent on 09/20/2020

Jenna S. · Married on 09/05/2020

Beautiful Personlized Ceremony

Father Messina did an amazing job with our ceremony. He personlized it just for us and everyone thought it was done beautifully.

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Chanelle

Chanelle · Married on 09/01/2020

Father Messina is incredible!

Father Messina was so incredibly kind and easy to work with. We had a wonderful conversation about the American Catholic Church and he excellently explained how it differs from our traditional Roman Catholic Church. He made the ceremony personal, smooth and made us both feel at ease in the moment. It couldn't have been more perfect and we're so thankful to have found Father Messina to bless our special day.

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Laura

Laura K. · Married on 11/16/2019

Father Michael Messina truly made our wedding!

There are not enough good things to say about this kind, wonderful, professional and thoughtful priest - not to mention his great sense of humor! Father Michael officiated our wedding last weekend at the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, and was kind enough to walk us through a rehearsal the night before the ceremony. He got to know each of us, our personalities and vision for the ceremony itself over the months leading up to actually meeting him in person. He could sense some nerves, which were quickly gone thanks to his calming, funny and sensitive presence! Father Michael took the time to interact with our family and friends, and over the course of 24 hours he truly became part of our group! We were honored to able to say Father Michael Messina married us :)

Sent on 11/22/2019

Father Michael Messina's reply:

Thank you Laura it was such a pleasure to serve you and Dan and you both have wonderful families. Peace!
  • Diana

Diana H. · Married on 10/19/2019

Strongly recommend !

Father Messina was so wonderful to work with ! He was flexible, very professional, and has such a wonderful sense of humor that we very much appreciated. Everyone in my family loved him and I would strongly recommend him to others !

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole S. · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful Experience with Father Michael

Father Michael was awesome to work with. I was raised Catholic and my family is religious, and my husband's family is not very religious, so I was concerned about finding a ceremony that would make both sides happy. Our stuck pretty close to the traditional Catholic, except we had it in an outdoor courtyard, and it was only 20 minutes. Father Michael was super responsive, very easy to work with and really took to heart what we wanted for the ceremony. It turned out amazing and I was more than happy with how it went, and our families and guests also really enjoyed it. I would recommend Father Michael to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/04/2019

This is your guy!

Father Michael was absolutely amazing. I heard from both sides of the family that they loved his ceremony, and we are so grateful that he added some humor while also putting together the most special day. Father Michael was a fantastic choice for us, and I will recommend him for anyone. My (now) husband and I were raised Catholic, but we did not want to have our wedding inside a church, and Father Michael was able to accommodate for us. He really took the time to get to know us and let us completely personalize the ceremony. His idea of doing a wine box and love letters instead of a unity candle was absolute gold. We are so pleased with his work, I could rave all day about him. Thank you so much for contributing to the perfect day. We had so much fun.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Alexis P. · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Experience!

He was awesome and dealt with adversity in our ceremony with grace and professionalism!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/21/2019

Heartfelt and professional

Father Messina married my husband and I this last September 2019 in Vail and we couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony. Father Messina was organized, down to earth and took the time to get to know us and our families personally. It was truly an amazing day and Father Messina helped make it that. He’s a gem!

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/30/2019

Father Michael is a must have to your special day

Having Father Michael at our wedding was an absolute honor. Throughout the process he was very quick to respond and very easy to talk to. He brought a sense of humor along with grace to the ceremony. Many of our guests commented on the wonderful job he did too. We were very happy with the services provided. Father Michael is a must have to your special day.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa M. · Married on 08/12/2019

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony thanks to Father Michael!

Father Michael is absolutely amazing. My husband and I were new to Colorado, but as soon as we met with him, we knew we wanted him there on our special day. He walked us through everything we would need to do, and is extremely responsive with any questions you have. On top of that, his words were so beautiful during the ceremony that it made it smooth and special for us and all of our friends and family. Not only were we more than happy with everything, but so was everyone who attended and came up to compliment us on how wonderful Father Michael was. Thank you Father Michael for making our day more special than we could've hoped for!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Loni

Loni P. · Married on 08/10/2019

Great job!

Father Michael was so nice to work with! He was on time, prepared, and made sure my couple felt at ease on their wedding day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Alexia

Alexia C. · Married on 08/04/2019

Very great person to work with

Father Michael Messina was available for our wedding when I thought I would never be able to find a catholic priest that married outside of church. He did me the greatest favor and did and awesome job making our day very special.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Katte C. · Married on 08/01/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Father Michael was very helpful in planning our ceremony, preparing our ceremony booklets, and during the rehearsal. He was with us since the earliest stages of planning. For the actual ceremony, he gave a very beautiful homily that all our guests kept mentioning how beautiful the ceremony was and how they love the way Father Michael conducted the ceremony. We all feel blessed to have him at our ceremony!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Sarah W. · Married on 07/05/2019

Personable & Professional - A Must Have!

Father Michael Messina was a great fit for our special day. He led a professional yet personable ceremony. He was punctual, friendly, and flexible with our schedules. He was very helpful on the day of ceremonies and the evening before.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Katie

Katie M. · Married on 06/28/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Father Messina was such a blessing to have as the priest at our wedding. I am Catholic and my husband is Christian. We knew we wanted to have an outdoor wedding but wanted to keep it pretty traditional without having a full Catholic mass (most of our guests were not Catholic and many were not religious). From the first time we met with Father Messina I felt like a huge weight had been lifted and I knew immediately that we had found the right person. He was organized, professional, and really knows what he is doing (he had answers to our questions and advice that we probably would never have thought about). The ceremony was absolutely perfect and matched our wishes and our relationship perfectly. The emotion of the ceremony caused me to begin to cry and Father Messina was quick to lighten the mood and allow me to regian my composure without skipping a beat. We heard from many guests how great Father Messina was and had more than one person say it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever attended. I wholeheartedly recommend Father Messina for your wedding. It was a day we will never forget and it would not have been the same without him.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2019

Father Michael was everything we hoped for!

I would absolutely refer Father Michael for your wedding ceremony. He was very easy to work with and provided us with multiple options to customize the ceremony as our own. He included tidbits of how we met and our relationship, as well as a few anecdotes of his own that were relevant to love and marriage. We definitely got a few giggles as well! We received many compliments from our guests and parents about how wonderful he was. We had a smaller ceremony with about 48 guests and did not use a microphone - all of our guests could hear Father Michael and he had excellent projection!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Father Michael Messina's reply:

Hi Ashley - It was such an honor to serve you and I'm still amazed at the Wisconsin - Rockwall connections I had with your families. Peace!

Courtney · Married on 06/08/2019

exactly what we were looking for!

We were thrilled to have Father Michael as our wedding priest! Both of us were raised Catholic and appreciated the unique perspective Father Michael's background in the American Catholic Communities brought to our wedding preparation and marriage. He was very flexible in meeting with us and had optional marriage counseling included. We took his marriage survey and met with him after discussing the results ourselves, which we thought was very beneficial to sorting out some long-standing disagreements. Father Michael was very easy to work with, very professional, and accommodating to our schedules. We enjoyed his homily, and our families and friends enjoyed the ceremony as well. We would highly recommend Father Michael if you are looking for a priest in the Catholic tradition.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Shanae S. · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing job!

We had an amazing experience with Father Michael. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Jon S. · Married on 03/16/2019

So easy to work with, helped the process move so smooth.

Very helpful! Wonderful service!

Sent on 04/01/2019

L J M. · Married on 11/24/2018

Lah Oman & Michael Baird Wedding

Fr. Michael was excellent. He was amenable to our needs and flexible in planning our wedding ceremony. The wedding ceremony he performed was exactly what Leah and I wanted. It was a moving, religious event, and Fr. Michael's homily was very personal and inciteful. The blessing of hands and the wine box and love letter ceremonies were a fitting completion to what will be for us a most memorable event. Leah and Mike Baird

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 09/30/2018

Father Michael was fantastic!

We absolutely loved working with Father Michael! Right off the bat, he provided all of the information you need to know about working with him. He was willing to travel to our venue AND do an outdoor ceremony, which you don’t find often with Catholic priests. He was very easy to talk with and also funny. His ceremony was fantastic! He made it personal to us and we were also able to incorporate aspects of a catholic mass (which both our families appreciated). After our ceremony, he sent in our marriage license which we thought was so nice of him to do as it was one more thing we could cross off our list. We’ve heard from so many guests and our families how much they enjoyed our ceremony and talking with Father Michael. Working with Father Michael truly exceeded our expectations, he was simply the best and made our ceremony so special.

Sent on 10/25/2018