Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan Reviews

65 | Englishtown, NJ

65 Reviews for Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan

Deanna · Married on 03/13/2009

John did a fantastic job at our wedding. He did exactly what we wanted for our ceremony and it reflected our personalities. I highly recommend him to anyone needs someone to officiate your wedding ceremony at the location of your choice.

Sent on 04/15/2009

Andrea · Married on 07/04/2008

I am so happy we decided to go with Father John Michael O'Sullivan as our officiant. He was very professional and gave us great advice for our ceremony. We would highly recommend him for other weddings.

Sent on 07/22/2008

Michelle · Married on 06/25/2010

Rev. John Michael did an excellent job officiating our ceremony on June 25, 2010. We had an outdoor ceremony at The English Manor. When first meeting with Rev. John Michael he gave us a packet filled with readings, variations of vows and ring exchange ceremonies. We used this packet to create a unique ceremony that represented us as a couple. The day of the ceremony, Rev. John Michael showed up early and joked around with us as we were waiting for the guests to arrive. He gave us a beautiful ceremony..exactly what we wanted and had discussed with him. We HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 09/19/2010

rosalia · Married on 10/04/2009

Rev. John Michael did an amazing ceremony. He tells you it's your wedding and you can have it the way you want it. He was friendly and outgoing. Whenever I called him he called back. I would recommend him to do your ceremony.

Sent on 11/04/2009
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/19/2018

Father Fabulous!!!

Father John Michael was perfect as our officiant. He let us customize our ceremony while still providing guidance on options to include. He provides you with a great packet that contains invaluable information as you prepare. Our parents and families loved him and he was able to bring some religion into the ceremony while not over doing it. (Just like we wanted). The day of the wedding hit that fine line between professionalism and levity. It is a celebration after all! He even noticed that my nose was running a bit during the ceremony and discreetly handed me a tissue. He also knew the perfect way to move around to unintentionally ending up in certain photos. We can’t thank him enough for making our ceremony perfect.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Kristt · Married on 07/14/2018

Father John Michael did a wonderful job conducting our ceremony. He provided us with several different examples of ceremonies and I was able to create the perfect ceremony. Father John Michael has several tips and tricks from his expertise, and helped us make every detail perfect. The ceremony was my favorite part of my wedding day, and many guests said the same!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Liz · Married on 05/03/2018

Father John Michael is professional, punctual and friendly. He provides you with all the paperwork in detailed form that you will need on your big day. Hence he does not do rehearsals. He has many experience and was able to deliver our Filipino mantilla wedding perfectly without any hesitations or mishaps. I have recommended him to a good friend of mine and anyone else!

Sent on 05/26/2018
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 11/06/2011

Father John Michael O'Sullivan was fantastic! He was fun and very friendly right from the beginning. He didn't force any ideas on us, it was whatever we wanted to do. Very open minded and warm hearted. My ceremony was beautiful and many guests said how great and funny he was.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Sandra · Married on 06/22/2019

Easy, breezy day with an easy going reverend

Rev John is easy going, funny, and warm. All my guests thought the ceremony was wonderful and several people commented on his sense of humor. He was a wonderful addition to our wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • User3902026 · 2+ years ago

Father John performed our wedding ceremony at Nanina's in the Park. We first met Father John at a dinner near our home in NJ. He was a very nice guy with a lot of character. When it got closer to our wedding, we were nervous because we never had a rehearsal for the ceremony but Father John gave us a call that week to walk us through everything. On the actual day, he was a very calm presence. He did a great job and made the whole nuptial experience very memorable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Leah · Married on 06/03/2011

Performed a short, sweet, simply perfect ceremony. We got so many compliments after the ceremony about his vibrant personality, but utter professionalism. My only negative comment is that he did not come to the rehearsal day, since I was told by his receptionist he does not do the rehearsal. All turned out perfect though.

Sent on 07/22/2011

Aileen · Married on 08/22/2016

2.0

Rev. John Michael was great the day of the wedding. The packet he gave us helped us put together our ceremony and he even helped me put together an outline for the rehearsal. He also provides very clear instructions on how to obtain a marriage license in New Jersey.

My family is Roman Catholic and my husband was raised Lutheran, however we are both non-practicing. Our mothers are pretty religious and it was important to them we have that tied into our ceremony. I refused to go through the trouble of joining a local Parish and donating every month, as well as going through all the paperwork associated with getting married to a non-catholic. Rev. John was perfect--he provided the spiritual aspect of our wedding and knew the ins and outs of a Filipino Catholic Mantilla ceremony. Knowing that an entire half the congregation would not know what any of the significance was for the different rituals in the Mantilla ceremony, his homily was tailored to explain it. And it took a punctual 30 minutes.

The one big drawback is its VERY hard to get into contact with him prior the wedding. He is very busy and doesn't usually respond to emails. His assistants sometimes pick up the slack, but I found myself having to make phone calls to him most of the time. Calling between 7-9 at night is the best time, but that can be frustrating when all you need is a yes or no to a simple question.

Sent on 08/25/2014

sharon · Married on 11/16/2000

4.2

Charismatic and easy to work with!

Sent on 10/09/2008

Tina · Married on 06/20/2015

3.4
      1.5
      3.0

We met with Father John a few months before our ceremony and were impressed with the number of options to customize our ceremony to meet our needs. On the actual wedding day we were very happy with his humor and how he conducted our ceremony at sayen gardens. My only concern was that he was difficult to get in touch with and you usually had to leave a message for his office staff and it took a bit to get a response. But it turned out great!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2015

2.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

It's sad to say, but I want to be honest for other couples out there. We were very disappointed with our ceremony officiant. Fr. John was difficult to get in touch with throughout the planning and in the end our ceremony was not what we had envisioned. It felt like Fr. John hadn't practiced our readings, stumbling over words and speaking too quickly. Overall, everything felt awkward, cold, and rushed. I am thankful that we wrote and recited our own vows. Not worth the money we paid.

Sent on 07/20/2015