Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan Reviews

65 | Englishtown, NJ

65 Reviews for Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan

Donna · Married on 10/04/2014

Father John was an absolute pleasure to work with. He allowed us to create our own ceremony and always emphasized that this wedding was about us and no one else. I was a little nervous because we only met him one time prior to our wedding but he called me the week of to go over our ceremony and make sure everything was in order. The day of our wedding, he was friendly and funny and just really put everyone at ease. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Marissa · Married on 10/04/2014

Wonderful and cheerful guy. He made the rehearsal fun with just enough business mixed in. The ceremony went smoothly with just enough humor and seriousness. Loved working with him.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Father John was an amazingly sweet and warm hearted man. He asked us if we were prepared and encouraged us to share anything that was troubling us. He felt like family. He had a great sense of humor too! He actively walked around and greeted guests as well as family. He made the whole ceremony and time after feel so warm and natural. You could tell he genuinely cares about the couples he marries. He was such a pleasure to meet.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Ryan · Married on 06/07/2014

I had the honor of having Fr. John preside over the Catholic portion of my inter-faith wedding. He stayed true to his (and his trusty assistant, Joan) word and worked with us to keep the wedding on schedule.

His sermon could not be more on-point than it already was and I received great feedback from many members in the congregation (Both Catholics and non-Catholics) on his sermon, as he was able to connect with the audience through his sense of humor and anecdotes.

In short, I'd highly recommend using his services.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2014

Father John was recommended to is by a couple who have used him, and we are so glad we went with him, he put our ceremony together exactly how we wanted it. And it was perfect! He cracked some jokes and had our guests laughing and he was warm and enthusiastic with our readings and prayers. And very well spoken for our vows and ring exchange! Overall wonderful officiant!

Sent on 04/13/2014

Kristina · Married on 12/06/2013

Look no further!!! He was soooo great and easy to work with. He let me personalize my ceremony and make it ours. He was better than I could have ever imagined and I am sooo happy we found him!!! Everyone said he was the best officiant they ever seen!!! Book him...hes that good!!!!!!!!!! Our night was so romantic and personal I wish I could relive it over and over!!!!!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Bridget · Married on 07/28/2013

I am so grateful we found Father John. My husband and I had our hearts set on a beach ceremony, although I was raised in a large Catholic family. Father John was a perfect find, as he is willing to do outdoor ceremonies and will only make them as religious as you want. He gave us a packet with different readings, vows, and unity ceremonies, and told us it was our wedding and we should do whatever we wanted, although he did make a few wise suggestions of some things that would/would not work well at a beach wedding. When I found a different reading I wanted to include, he very enthusiastically agreed. We were able to create a ceremony that had enough religious elements to make me and my family feel comfortable but without being too much for my husband. Afterward we had people of all different backgrounds tell us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they loved it. None of that would have been possible without Father John's calm, good-natured, and respectful manner. He was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Dana · Married on 07/27/2013

We really enjoyed having Father John as our wedding ceremony officiant! He was very professional from the start, and has a whole packet full of helpful information and sample readings and vows to choose from. You can build your own ceremony from scratch! It was a great compromise for my husband and I who are Catholic and Methodist and neither very religious in particular. Father John is very funny, and added a great atmosphere of humor to our ceremony! All of the parents and guests commented on how wonderful he and the ceremony were! Father John came to the bridal suite and saw the groom prior to the ceremony and gave us clear instructions and play by play for the ceremony, and even gave my bridesmaids helpful tips. He worked with our maitre'd and string trio and really made the entire ceremony perfect! For a personal touch, give him bios of the bride and groom so he can plan a personal homily. Joan at his office was very responsive and helpful! Great experience, we're both very happy!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2013

Thank you Father John for performing a beautiful wedding ceremony for us at The Park Savoy Estate on June 30, 2013. You listened to all of our requests and assisted us in planning a meaningful ceremony. Thank you for your caring thoughts and professionalism. Best regards, Mr. and Mrs. Ronnie D.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Father John is very personable and easy to work with! Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/18/2012
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 11/24/2012

Fr. John Michael O'Sullivan was such a professional throughout our experience with him. he conducted the perfect ceremony for our style and even described an Irish Hand Fasting unity that was a unique way to bring the two of us together. He was humorous, kind of heart and really made us feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the entire experience. My husband works in the industry and has seen literally hundreds of officiants. He suggested Fr. John Michael and I am so glad that he did. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Danielle · Married on 11/02/2012

Fr. John was fantastic! so easy to work with and very witty and charming during our ceremony. Despite all of the issues with SuperStorm Sandy, he kept in contact with us to be sure everything ran smoothly the day of.
    Thank you for your help and support!
    Danielle and Kevin

Sent on 11/16/2012

Moira · Married on 08/07/2012

Fr. John was great. He is fun and friendly. He makes you feel very at ease on the day of your wedding. He is very easy to work with. His wedding packet that he gives you helps you personalize your wedding. He will be at your ceremony before you arrive and he will tell you all you need to know then. You can make your ceremony as religious as you want.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Tara · Married on 06/09/2012

Father John Michael was such an absolute pleasure to work with! He provided us with a packet to help us plan the perfect ceremony and then followed up several days before the wedding. He also made us feel so comfortable on the day of our wedding. He was very funny and personable. Even though we only spoke with him a couple of times before ceremony, guests asked us afterward how long we had know him since he made it appear like he had known us for a long time. We received many compliments from guests. Father John Michael's personality and professionalism will make any ceremony truly memorable and we'd recommend to all future brides and grooms!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Father John was wonderful! He performed our ceremony and did a fantastic job. He wasn't pushy and he was easy to work with. His office staff was easy to work with and was always there to take my calls.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Laura · Married on 04/29/2012

Professional, clearly spoken, FUN, enthusiastic, spiritual and a happy guy! He's the best. His wedding packet was especially useful in designing your own beautiful personalized ceremony!

Sent on 05/19/2012

kristie · Married on 09/23/2011

Rev. John Michael was amazing! From the first meeting he assisted us with every step.Our guests really enjoyed his kinds words and touch of humor. He honestly made our ceremony. We highly recommend him!!!!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2011

Father John was the perfect person to conduct our ceremony! He was personal, funny, and just an overall happy person to be around. We only spoke with him a few times between booking him and the day of but everything went off without a hitch. He called us a few nights before to see how we were doing and to check if there were any ceremony changes. Then on the day of, he arrived early and hung out with our families and bridal party which definitely helped us to feel more at ease and less nervous! He did a great job!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Natalie · Married on 05/15/2011

Father John was great. I met with a few officiants and as soon as i met him I knew that his personality matched that of my husband and I & i wanted him to marry us. THe ceremony was great & Father John made my husband and I and even the guests feel at ease, relaxed and the ceremony was fun & light and joyous..which is what it should be! I would recommend Father John to anyone who is getting married and in need of an officiant. He was great!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Jacki · Married on 10/15/2010

Father John is the absolute best. My wedding was Oct. 15, and he was fantastic. He not only performed a great ceremony, but he has a remarkable sense of humor. My guests were raving about what a great priest we had. Thanks again.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2010

After seeing Fr. John officiate some of our friend's and family's ceremonies we knew we had to have him for ours. He gives you so much to work with and is willing to add anything to make the ceremony truly your own. We absolutely loved his sense of humor.

Sent on 03/11/2011
  • JenniferC

Jennifer · Married on 09/11/2010

Father John was wonderful! He provided a lot of options for our ceremony and we were able to make it exactly what we wanted. We were both raised Catholic but aren't practicing, so he brought a Catholic and religious aspect to an otherwise civil ceremony. He is also very charismatic and funny- which our guests loved. We received many, many compliments on the ceremony from our guests. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Brooke · Married on 08/28/2010

Father John was EXCELLENT! i have no religious affiliation but my husband is Catholic. He blended our beliefs wonderfully and let us design our wedding ourselves! He told us it was our wedding and that we could have it any way we want. Just the right amount of humor in the ceremony and still made it touching. Great guy!

Sent on 09/09/2010
  • Michelle628 is now a Mrs!

Michelle · Married on 07/31/2010

Father John was amazing! From the minute we met him we knew we wanted him to be our officiant. We were getting married at the Crystal Point and he told us the ceremony should be about us and we could do whatever we wanted. He added a little humor to the ceremony which we loved. So many people told us how great our officiant was. We could not have been happier with his services!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Lisa · Married on 12/06/2009

We were thrilled with John Michael's role as the officiant for our ceremony. he had the right mix of charm and professionalism to keep the wedding ceremony from being boring. All the extras we included were incorporated and when questions arose, he was available. We would definitely recommned to others looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 01/28/2010