Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan Reviews

65 | Englishtown, NJ

65 Reviews for Rev. John Michael O'Sullivan

• Erica

Erica Fiocco · Getting married on 10/17/2021

Reverend John is THEEE BEST!

We met with Reverend John last night to hire him to officiate our big day and I cannot express the level of happiness we feel knowing that he has such an extensive and creative package in order to marry us at The Park Savoy!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 12/07/2019

So many options!

Rev John was extremely informative and made sure we had plenty of options to choose from to make our ceremony perfect! I cannot wait to have him marry my fiancé and I on our big day!

Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 11/16/2019

Highly recommend!!!!

Father John was amazing. He was friendly, easy going and had lots of jokes. He kept everyone smiling and laughing. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted thanks to him!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 11/15/2019

Perfect Priest

Father John was phenomenal in helping us through this whole process. He answered all questions we had throughout the entire process. We met casually and he wanted to make sure we were comfortable in our decision before moving forward with choosing him to marry us.

He arrived at our venue early so we could go through all the formalities and he kept the ceremony short and sweet. We did the readings that were special to us, and he introduced us to the "Wine Box Ceremony" which both us, and all of our guests loved. They've never seen it before and thought it was something so special and different.

Father John is so personable and we would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to get married by a Catholic Priest.

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Rose

Rose M · Married on 07/13/2019

Our Best Day Ever!

We met Rev. O'Sullivan about 6 months before our wedding and knew right away we wanted him to marry us. Super friendly, charismatic, and loved that we created our own ceremony with all the different options that were given to us! Was an awesome experience for our awesome day!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • shelley

shelley · Married on 03/16/2019

March 16 wedding

Father john was great at our wedding! He helped explain the process and mad eit so easy to choose our ceremony! He was funny and kind. Everyone at rhe wedding really enjoyed him!

-shelley

Sent on 04/13/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

We are so excited to have found Father John Michael! He is very flexible and accommodating our specific needs. He even offered extra advice on Wedding Ceremony Music, etc.. A true Blessing!!

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • OShika

OShika Cacciatore · Married on 05/22/2018

The Right Guy

From the day we met Father John O'Sullivan, we were totally pulled in by his charm. He was friendly and likeable and answered all of our inquiries. On out wedding day May 20th, 2018, he was punctual, professional, funny and still as charming. The day was already super special, and it was really nice having him perform our ceremony. He makes you feel very comfortable and he listens to what you want. He tells you everything you need to get done. He is also very prompt sending back the marriage certificate. We are happy that we picked the right guy, our family loved him too!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Krystin · Married on 03/17/2018

Father John Michael was everything we could have asked for! He went above and beyond and gave us great advise and helped make the process of putting together our ceremony seamless.

Sent on 04/19/2018

Jaime · Married on 12/17/2017

My husband and I are so happy we chose Father John to officiate our wedding. From our first meeting to our wedding day, Father John reminded us that this is our wedding and all of our choices should be made with that in mind. We definitely needed that reminder! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony, everything went flawlessly. Thank you so much Father John!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Gina · Married on 12/09/2017

Father John Michael did a wonderful job at our wedding! It was a pleasure working with him. He and his assistant Joan provided a comprehensive packet so that we could tailor the wedding to exactly what we were looking for. He even encouraged us to add things to make the ceremony uniquely ours. He helped make our wedding perfect, and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Kristine · Married on 11/11/2017

Father John was the perfect fit for our special day, he was very easy to work with & added the perfect amount of humor to our ceremony! We really enjoyed working with him!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Vanessa · Married on 11/10/2017

Father John married us 3 weeks ago. He followed the outline just like we asked him to and helped us prepare for our big day. Father John even assisted us in making our ceremony go smoothly.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Dawn · Married on 06/11/2017

Father John was so warm and easy to be around. We met with him before the wedding and had a lovely time chatting about our upcoming nuptials. On the day, he was calming and so easy to work with. We basically wrote our own ceremony with the help of his wedding packet, which has LOADS of ideas about how to format your ceremony. He's one of a kind.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Megan · Married on 03/11/2017

Father John was excellent! He gave us so many tips and suggestions so we could create our perfect ceremony. We truly appreciate his guidance through the entire process.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Nadine · Married on 12/10/2016

We had only met him the one time and spoken with him once, but he made our ceremony feel like we've known him for years. He's funny and engaging and he wanted us to have a wonderful wedding. We had about an hour delay (not from the bride or groom) and he stayed and you never heard a complaint or an annoyance from him. We are so happy we had Father John perform our ceremony, we could not have asked for a better officiant. Thank you Father John
    N.S.

Sent on 12/24/2016

Elisa · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I picked Father John about a year ago. I did some research and we picked him because of his exceptional reviews! He most certainly delivered and was a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting with him he gave us some suggestions and whenever we talked about our family and doing something for them, he constantly reminded us that it is us getting married and it is what we want. Joan was very responsive with answering questions and the ceremony packet goes over everything you need and is super helpful. Before the rehearsal my husband and I were a little nervous because we did not know what to go through, but Father John came in and told us everything we needed to do step by step and got us in and out in 30 minutes! Everone loved him during the ceremony he exuted humor and professionalism. I would highly recommend Father John Michael!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/10/2016

Father John was a pleasure to work with on our wedding day. He allowed us to totally personalize our ceremony and offered amazing suggestion in a very organized and thorough ceremony planning packet. When we met with him, he kept reminding us who's day our wedding day was -- Ours.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Susan · Married on 05/20/2016

Selecting the right Officiant is such a personal choice to ensure it is exactly what you want for your day, and from the moment you meet Father John, he puts your mind at ease. He is extremely thorough in his process to ensure you receive the ceremony you are looking for and his lightheartedness, humor and caring approach come through. He has a calming presence and truly is invested in the bride and groom to ensure you feel special. If I could give him more stars his review would shine even brighter. Thank you for delivering such a beautiful ceremony, everyone at the wedding was speaking of how nice it was! Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2016

Fr. John was exceptional. From the moment we first began working together, my then fiance and I knew we'd found a gem. We had an instant connection with Fr. John. His knowledge, suggestions, ideas and ability to cater to our needs/desires really came through. He was also bride-centric and wanted to make sure my vision for the day was fulfilled which was important because I'm much more of a 'people pleaser'. When I'd call to make a request on behalf of my mother he'd stop me and say, 'is this what you want?' This was phenomenally important for me and I'm so grateful he posed that to me. The ceremony itself was absolutely seamless. He arrived early, warmly greeted the groom and bridal party, and just made everyone feel at ease. His demeanor and poise brought a very spiritual tone to the service despite the fact it was outside which I loved as I'd initially wanted to marry in a church. I loved the wedding packet he'd had me work from. it made it so easy to customize our service and really personalize it to match my religion and my grooms spirituality. I cannot express enough the amount of compliments we received. I'm sure many brides feel this way but the moment I reached the end of the aisle, I just felt encapsulated in this spiritual bubble. I couldn't see anything other than my groom and Fr. John. It was a singular experience. Fr. John truly made it feel like a spiritual union. All of our guests said they'd never seen a more beautiful, loving ceremony which was a huge compliment because for us, that was the most important aspect of the wedding

Sent on 06/07/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/23/2015

Father John was amazing. When we first met with him, he walked us through the everything. He had a binder filled with everything we would need to put together our ceremony. As he explained everything to us, he kept reminding us that "it was our wedding." My husband used that phrase for the rest of the planning process when someone wanted to give us their input!

He was very quick to respond, and on top of things. I managed to miss the the large font that said "due one month before the ceremony!" Father John reached out to my husband and I about a week before the ceremony to get our choices for the ceremony. He told us not to worry, everything would be perfect- and it was!

Father John was funny and had our guests laughing during the ceremony. Thank you so much Father John!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/13/2015

Father John was an amazing officiant for our June wedding. He was very easy to work with and helpful during our entire wedding planning process. He kept us relaxed on our wedding day and kept the ceremony moving without feeling rushed. Our guests were very complimentary of him!

I highly recommend using Father John – especially if you are looking for a ceremony that mixes both traditional and contemporary ideas.

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 05/09/2015

Father John is great! He was very easy to work with and extremely helpful throughout the whole process. He talked us through all the aspects of our ceremony and made sure we were comfortable with all our decisions for the big day. We met with him twice throughout the year and a half we worked with him, and exchanged quite a few emails and phone calls! We booked him very early because we knew we wanted to use his services since he officiated my mother-in-laws wedding a few years early. He offered us a lot of guidance on how to get the ceremony we wanted, and helped us figure out the best way to include our mothers and grandmothers in the ceremony.

Father John also ran our rehearsal and offered us some great tips on how to get the best ceremony, including how to stand, how long the kiss should be for the best pictures, and just general advice on getting the most out of the moment.

Our ceremony was short but sweet for certain-- only about 20 minutes in total. Father John was right on track and funny. The guests really loved him. Before we knew it we were married and all his tips paid off and we got some really great photos, professional and other wise from the ceremony.

I highly recommend Father John if you are looking to create a ceremony that mixes both traditional and contemporary ceremony ideas. We had some prayers and traditional Catholic blessings, but we also had secular readings. It was a blend that really spoke to us as a couple, and I think that resonated with the guests. Father John is really great at offering tips and advice on getting to the ceremony you want and will help you figure out what that means, because it's important to him that it's about the two of you and not anyone else. I couldn't be happier with Father John's services!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 04/18/2015

Rev. John Michael was our priest for our wedding day and was absolutely amazing. When I first met him, he was so friendly, funny, and helped me understand the importance of the blessing of the rings and vows. I had many questions of course and for most of them he always responded with, "Who's wedding is it?" which made me feel so happy to know that he supported my ideas for the ceremony. I was so excited to hear that he was available the day of my wedding and could not imagine it being anyone else but him now looking back. He made our ceremony so perfect and said all of the right things so naturally. In addition, as a nervous bride it was such a great feeling to watch how smoothly everything went and trusting that he will guide me through the whole way. What I loved was that he turned us towards the guests when placing the rings on and saying our vows so that everyone can see. Pictures came out beautiful because of that piece of advice. We will gladly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/14/2015

My Husband and I used father John for our March 2015 wedding at the English Manor. My husband and I are both catholic, but not super religious, so it was important to include a few religious details in our wedding without going overboard into a full mass. Father John was able to do just that for us. We had our initial meeting about 10 months before our wedding and form that first day I knew it would be a good fit. Every time either of us discussed our wedding Father John would interrupt and ask "Whose wedding is this?" to make sure that the answer was not "Mine" or "hers" or "his" but "OURS." He gave us a detailed packet with different options for ceremony styles and readings that we could do. He was willing to include as much religious stuff as we wanted while at the same time being a little more modern. My brother and brother in law did readings and father John was prepared for that as well with print outs of the readings in case they forgot their copies. Seeing how many other people had positive experiences with father John took alot of worry from me. I knew everything would go smoothly, and I was write. The ceremony went off without a hitch (minus my brother in law not being able to get the ring box from his pocket!) and I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. In fact, my brother may be using him too!

Sent on 08/03/2015