Fat Freddy's Catering Reviews

82 | Phoenix, AZ

82 Reviews for Fat Freddy's Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Myra · Married on 04/29/2017

We had a casual reception at our home. We had Slow Smoked Beef Brisket with Au Gratin Potatoes & Broccollini. All of my guest loved and raved on how tasty the food was. One person who normally hates au gratin potatoes actually came back multiple times for more. I would definitely have them cater my future events.

And the staff was excellent. They set up w/o any supervision and placed everything so nicely. And the house was clean when they were done.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Fat Freddy's Catering's reply:

Myra, Yeah! We are so excited you loved us! My staff gets so thrilled when I read these to them. Thank you for putting your trust in us and we are happy to assist anytime you need us, we will make sure its exceptional! Freddy!

Shawna · Married on 04/08/2017

We hired Fat Freddy's to cater our wedding 4/8/17. After reading literally 100's of reviews on catering companies I decided to contact Fat Freddy's and spoke with Kandyce. We did the taste testing and knew they were the ones.,We selected the Prime Rib carving station and chicken Marsala (the best chicken Marsala I have ever had) with Au gratin potatoes, grilled vegetables. For the vegetarians/vegans there was grilled eggplant (I was told by one of my vegan guests that the grilled eggplant was the best he had ever had, it was prepared to perfection), for the children attending the wedding, we did a kids buffet with chicken strips and macaroni and cheese and fruit salad. The quality of the food was outstanding and the quantity was incredible,. We had tons of leftovers and after our wedding reception was over a lot of our guests went back to our house and later in the night everyone was hungry and mac & cheese was what they all ate and every single adult said it was the best mac & cheese they had ever had. I have heard over and over again from my guests that the food was the best catered food they had ever had.

If I ever need catering in the future I will always contact Fat Freddy's and will always recommend them to anyone needing catering. The professionalism every employee displayed during my wedding was on point and I am forever grateful.

Thank you Fat Freddy's for making our wedding reception perfect!

Shawna & Mark F.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Fat Freddy's Catering's reply:

Shawna, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did! Our Carving station for the Prime Rib and chicken Marsala are two of our most popular! And We also love our potatoes! Yummy! ' We always get high marks for our Kids Catering, they are some of our most vocal client reviews! My staff was thrilled with your review when I read it to them, I swear they are as good as they are so they can listen to our review readings weekly! Such showoffs! haha Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, it was seriously our pleasure!

Brandon · Married on 12/17/2016

Amazing food and business to deal with. Our guests still talk about the amazing food at our destination wedding held in Phoenix. Hope to find a reason to use this service again as we vacation there lots. 10/10 on all accounts!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Fat Freddy's Catering's reply:

Brandon, We will be ready next time you vacation here! Your wedding was so awesome and we were thrilled to be a part of it! Thanks for taking the time in letting us know how we did. Read it to the staff this morning! They loved it! Freddy

Megan · Married on 11/05/2016

Fat Freddy’s was perfect! I am so glad we found them. They were super easy to work with, polite, informative, you name it and they were it. The food was delicious both at the tasting and at the wedding. A number of people raved about our food. The servers were very professional and quick. The quality of food and service was fantastic.

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2016

We fully enjoyed our wedding meal catered by Fat Freddy's. The buffet area was set up beautifully matching our theme, and on time for dinner. The food was delicious and memorable. We would definitely recommend Fat Freddy's for any event.

Sam · Married on 05/07/2016

We had an unfortunate situation where we had to find a caterer last minute, and Fat Freddy's came through! They were very accommodating, had a great menu, and were very professional. Plus their prices were very competitive! They're everything you could want in a wedding caterer. A+!

Everyone loved the food. They came on time and even helped clean up. I was really impressed and would recommend anyone to them. The price for everything was descent. I had two entrees that came with two sides and I also had full service that came with two servers.

OH MY GOODNESS. People would NOT stop talking about how AMAZING the food was. ESPECIALLY the scalloped potatoes. They were HEAVEN SENT. More importantly, the service was unbeatable. The ladies who worked our wedding were wonderful! Anything I needed- they had it! They were down to help with anything and everything! Best part of all, the wedding was in my husband's parent's house and they left it SPOTLESS when they left. Hire them now.

We had them come to my mother's home to Cater the Rehearsal Dinner.

Everything was perfect and delicious.

Colleen · Married on 01/03/2015

Fat Freddy's made my special day so relaxed. They did everything, from setting up the chairs and tables, lights, dance floor, food. The food was excellent! Everybody loved it so much that they all came up for seconds and ate till it was pretty much gone. They were so great to work with. I would highly highly recommend them.

We used Fat Freddy's Catering on 9/20/14 for my daughter's wedding. This was my third daughter to get married but the first time we utilized a catering firm. We were very pleased. Our pre-wedding tasting was very helpful and informative. Their facility and vehicles were kept up and very clean. The food was good and tasty. We have celiac diease in our family as well as with some of our wedding guests. We mentioned to Kandyce the importance of providing gluten free food for the wedding and she went above and beyond to assure that the food was gluten free and not contaminated with wheat in any way. We were very pleased with Fat Freddy's Catering from the food, to the service and the price.

Betsy · Married on 06/07/2014

Kandyce and Freddy were amazing! Very reasonable priced and the food is amazing! I highly recommend the BBQ pulled pork and mac and cheese! Freddy was totally willing to work with our unique request of having ice cream with our pie dessert. The servers were all very professional and helpful and even made sure we ate! They made more than enough food and everyone has told us how delicious it all was! Wonderful job Freddy and Kandyce!

We met with Kandyce who was very responsive via email and set up a taste test to choose items for our wedding scheduled on October 10th 2014. The food was delicious and the service and price were excellent as well. We booked Fat Freddys but due to some complications we had to down size our wedding. Kandyce was very understanding and has told us that she will be returning our deposit. Dealing with many different companies during our wedding plans, it is very refreshing to deal with a company as responsive and professional as Fat Freddys. I would highly recommend them for any catering needs.

Kandyce and the staff at our daughters wedding was absolutely amazing. Not only did we receive numerous compliments on the food but we received just as many on the attentiveness of the staff. Our wedding was in our backyard and I have to say my husband and myself felt really relaxed and confident that everything was being. If you are looking for quality service, great people to work with and excellent value Fat Freddie's is the cater for you.

I could not be happier with our choice! Fat Freddy's did an absolutely amazing job.
    Kandyce was so prompt to answering every question and updating our info. The pricing was very fair and food great. I was very impressed. I had changed my menu probably 20 times before the big day and Fat Freddys was always on top of it. I would definitely recommend this catering company!

Lisa · Married on 02/22/2014

We had appetizers and dinner buffet with chicken and sirloin. The food was great! The staff was very friendly. They arrived on time and cleaned up promptly. Thank u for helping make our wedding day spectacular!!

Katherine · Married on 02/16/2014

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Fat Freddy's Catering services! We did our initial tasting months before our wedding and enjoyed the food samples so much that we left a deposit that same day. Our contact Kandyce at Fat Freddy's was wonderful- she replied to every email that I sent her (and there were plenty of them!) promptly and professionally. The best part about them- the food is absolutely delicious! All of our guests were commenting about how good the food tasted. I would definitely refer this vendor to a friend and also use them again personally for any catering events should we need them.

• Y

yesenia · Married on 02/15/2014

Kandyce was absolutely amazing!!! Answered all our questions, stayed late so we could schedule our tasting, and was always responsive. Food was amazing!!! Everyone raved how it wasn't your average wedding food - plenty of people went back for seconds at the buffet. They boxed up all the leftovers for my husband and I to enjoy later that weekend, even reheated it was delicious!

Karen · Married on 11/09/2013

Food was awsome. Service so professional. The servers, bartender and cook are top of the line. I was most impressed with the attention to detail. For example serving the bride and groom salad and bread when we first sat down and later served them thier meal. They feed all the other workers, security, dj and photographer. I highly recommend this cater.

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2013

I worked mostly with Kandyce who helped me pick out my linen colors, and was flexible when I changed my mind a dozen times! :) The servers at the wedding were really nice and professional and the food tasted great!

Carol · Married on 11/02/2013

We had an hors d'hoeuvres reception at our daughter's wedding in Novemeber, 2013. Kandyce was absolutely wonderful! She responded to any questions quickly, was very flexible about what we wanted and always acted and provided professional service! The day of the wedding, the caterers called me about two hours prior to the wedding stating that the church did not know anything about our wedding. It was then that we realized the address was incorrect on all the invoices, and was for a different church. This was partially our fault in that we had not noticed this prior to the wedding day. Fortunately, the caterers had allowed ample time to drive from Tempe to Mesa. They were very sweet about the mix-up, had everything set up with time to spare, and it was all beautiful! The presentation was wonderful, and the caterers were right there to replenish the food as needed. I would definitely recommend Fat Freddy's Catering!

Charlene · Married on 10/19/2013

Let me first say the service and food were amazing!! A big thank-you to Fat Freddy's. Our guests were raving about the food...from the apps to the dinner buffet. I'm sorry I don't remember the girls names who worked at our sons wedding,( not their fault, they introduced themselves and were very friendly, hopefully you know who you are) and I commend you on your professionalism. The day was perfect, in a large part to our meal .Plenty of hot, well cooked food .I have been to a lot of sit down weddings and this was far superior. Thank-you again
    Steve & Charlene Hofmann

Megan · Married on 10/12/2013

Everyone was wonderful. Kandyce made the whole process super easy. Thank you!

I have to say....thank you for being patient. I changed my mind 1000 times. They were quick to give me a new estimate each time and came highly recommended. We had finally decided on a less formal appetizer menu but with very nice spread. We may have gone over the top a little bit but everyone said it was the best wedding food they ever had. I imagine many people cut corners on the food, but Fat Freddy's exceeded our expectations. We had jumbo shrimp and a prime rib sandwich carving station. It was beautifully presented and they were so accommodating to us. I saw they had a special on Thanksgiving dinners too and I think next year when I'm in town I'll take advantage of that ;)

Natalie · Married on 08/24/2013

I scheduled a tasting at Fat Freddy's catering services based on recommendations I found online and their competitive prices. Kandyce was very helpful during the tasting and organized when planning the details. The food received numerous compliments on the lemon artichoke chicken and red skin mashed potatoes. The servers were professional, helpful, and efficient. They created a beautiful presentation as well. I highly recommend them.